aussiewench

Yardies, at home and a farrin'

5,682 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Jamie a few days ago you asked a question about verses and what were our favorites, well I've been thinking about it. Way before my VJ days, way before David. Back in my unhappy marriage days, before I got out of bed I would say "The Lord is my shepherd I shall not want" Till this say I still say it. I am not a heavy church goer now, For a long time I thought that that was a prayer not part of a verse. I know that God doesn't want us to want for anything. Something that I struggle with on a daily. To want for nothing. To want for nothing is my purpose in life. Shame to say :blush: as you know it is Psalm 23;1-4 I guess I would say it is my favorite. I have also grown on Psalm 18; 1&2, 16;1.

Nor do I think that it is coincidental that it the day before I left JA crying cause My Embassy experience was not a good one. I was very up set. My husband to be sang this very verse in a song while waiting for time for me to get on my plane. He calmed my soul. Coincidence...I think not.....A Psalm of DAVID Coincidence I think not .........An act of GOD I KNOW SO !!!: :thumbs:

Not meaning to offend any nonbelivers out there.

I have been summoned.....Goodnite. (F)

I don't recall reading the post where Jamie asked about favorite Scriptures but I have several that are my favorites. Here are a few of them:

*Philippians 4:13 --I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

* Proverbs 3:5,6--Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct thy paths.

*Psalm 121--I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the Lord, which made heaven and earth. He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber. Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep. The Lord is thy keeper: the Lord is thy shade upon thy right hand. The sun shall not smite thee by day, nor the moon by night. The Lord shall preserve thy soul. The Lord shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore.

Lee

July 4, 2006: Married

October 7, 2006: AOS Packet mailed to Chicago Lockbox via FedEx (I-485, I-130, I-765)

October 10, 2006: Package reived in Chicago

October 23, 2006: Checks cashed

November 1, 2006: I-130 and I-765 touched

November 2, 2006: I-485 touched--email notification about RFE letter on the way.

December 2006: Biometrics

January 2007: EAD Card

July 10, 2007 @ 9 a.m.--AOS Interview in West Palm Beach, FL...APPROVED!!!

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Timeline

Welcomce (L)

I have a quick question....have you noticed a few new folks that show up on the bottom...they poke around but never post anything? I've notice a few new people but never say nothing. I wonder who they are? And what's their deal? I know this is an open forum, but curious as to how they found us, why they don't post anything, and what are they reading???

Things that make you go hmmmmmm???

(F) B) Hi, I 'm one of the lukers. I absorb all the great information for my K-3 process. Enjoy all the comic relief (especially ray, ray ray). Commiserate with all the frustrations, angst and other problems. I am quite a bit older than most of you. Way past baby making age. Wish you all happiness and generally just try to endure this journey. (L)

Click My Timeline For Our K-1 Info

10.21.05 - Applied For SS Card (He's Not In The System Yet)

10.27.05 - Got Marriage License

11.02.05 - Received SS Card In The Mail

11.10.05 - Passed Permit Test!

NOVEMBER 18th - We're Married!

12.17.05 - Mailed AOS/EAD Papers

12.27.05 - Checks Cashed

12.29.05 - Received both NOA's in the mail (receipt dates 12.20.05)

02.17.06 - Received Biometrics Letter

02.27.06 - Got Driver's License!

03.11.06 - Biometrics Appointment

03.16.06 - EAD Approved

03.21.06 - EAD Came In The Mail

04.10.06 - Received AOS Interview Letter

06.08.06 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

06.19.06 - Green Card Received

WE'RE DONE!

08.22.06 - Elias Is Finally Here!!! Born at 1:13am, 8lbs. 15oz. and 20.5 Inches Long

November 18th, 2006 - Our Real Wedding In Negril

Filed: Timeline

Good morning! :P

Thank you all verrrrrrryyyyyy much well things are going to be a little hectic with us, but at least I still have my husband, I had to beat it out of his siter she would not tell me but I finnaly got it out.

I am going to be praying like I have never prayed before.

I am in so much pain from crying because I was upset , then b/c I was stressed, then b/c I was told I almost lost him, then b/c what he did was so stupid now my head and eyes hurt....gotta find those glasses for tomorrow.

It is so funny just last week I was arguing with him b/c I thought he was cheating, no matter how much I tried or his family told me I just kept thinking that there is someone else. Now I am caught between being stressed out over loosing him ( grasp hold breath and sigh) not having him come here b/c of stupid immaturity and living in Jamaica. Back home (in Jamaica) we have a saying " cow nuh now the use a him tail 'til fly tek it ovah' This little incident as really made me reevaluate just how much I truely love this man.

Thank you all so much again for your prayers and well wishes.

Congrats Ann and Anthony on your appointment :dance::dance::dance: , wonder if I will every get to that stage.

TAYLOR won!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am gonna turn in good night ladies and enjoy your SOs because you never know.

I am so sorry if I made any one feel down or offfended you .

Glad he's ok. You had us all worried for minute girl, keep praying!! :yes:

AOS INTERVIEW THUR JULY 20th :crying::yes: :crying: Don't make me go :crying:

Right now I so badly wish I didn't live in NYC :crying::crying::crying::crying:

no worries my dear your day soon come :yes:

I sure do hope so :yes::yes: I'm trying not to worry about it but it gets rough when I read the AOS forum and see that NYC'ers that applied in 2004 are just now getting interviews. I'm hoping that the fact that we're K-1'ers will speed up our process a little bit :thumbs:

Paying bills- well as some of you know i am a SAHM ( stay at home mom) so Ricardo techinically pays all the bills..crazy to think about that....HE is the immigrant and ends up being the sole financial provider...only been in the US a few years...just shows that it is possible and how good God is.

You know what, when my faith wanes, I often think of you and Ricardo and it really picks up my spirit. I see what you two have been able to accomplish in the past few years and it strenghtens my faith! :yes: Thanks for sharing your story with us. :luv:

Jamie a few days ago you asked a question about verses and what were our favorites, well I've been thinking about it. Way before my VJ days, way before David. Back in my unhappy marriage days, before I got out of bed I would say "The Lord is my shepherd I shall not want" Till this say I still say it. I am not a heavy church goer now, For a long time I thought that that was a prayer not part of a verse. I know that God doesn't want us to want for anything. Something that I struggle with on a daily. To want for nothing. To want for nothing is my purpose in life. Shame to say :blush: as you know it is Psalm 23;1-4 I guess I would say it is my favorite. I have also grown on Psalm 18; 1&2, 16;1.

Nor do I think that it is coincidental that it the day before I left JA crying cause My Embassy experience was not a good one. I was very up set. My husband to be sang this very verse in a song while waiting for time for me to get on my plane. He calmed my soul. Coincidence...I think not.....A Psalm of DAVID Coincidence I think not .........An act of GOD I KNOW SO !!!: :thumbs:

That's beautiful, really! :yes: I have so many favorite verses. Squito and I pray together daily and we try to read the scriptures a couple nights a week. We realize that it's the Lord that's kept us together all this time. The devil has tried so hard (via visas, and embassies, and baby mama's and drama, etc.) to tear us apart. So one of our favorite verses is Matthew 19:6 "...What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder."

* Proverbs 3:5,6--Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct thy paths.

That's another one of my favorites!! :yes:

Timeline

I saw that - it's sneaking up so fast :blink::) I have this feeling I'm going to go past my due date so maybe they'll be born very close together.

sbys- you are due almost exactly a month before me! You are due August 7th and I am due september 5th..I'm having another scheduled c-section so I will probably have her the last week in august.....oh did i mention our wedding anniversary is the 28th of august? I know this sounds bad but I will not be scheduling the surgery on my anniversary( don't want to share). My mom had my youngest brother the day before her anniversary and she said she prayed that he wouldn't come on the same day

12.27.05 - Checks Cashed

03.16.06 - EAD Approved

WE'RE DONE!

08.22.06 - Elias Is Finally Here!!! Born at 1:13am, 8lbs. 15oz. and 20.5 Inches Long

I saw that - it's sneaking up so fast :blink::) I have this feeling I'm going to go past my due date so maybe they'll be born very close together.

sbys- you are due almost exactly a month before me! You are due August 7th and I am due september 5th..I'm having another scheduled c-section so I will probably have her the last week in august.....oh did i mention our wedding anniversary is the 28th of august? I know this sounds bad but I will not be scheduling the surgery on my anniversary( don't want to share). My mom had my youngest brother the day before her anniversary and she said she prayed that he wouldn't come on the same day

August 7th is a popular date. My older sister is due with my nephew the same day :yes:

Timeline

August 7th is a popular date. My older sister is due with my nephew the same day :yes:

it must have been baby making time ;) I just went to a baby class at the hospital and about 1/4 of them were due on July 4th - I couldn't there were so many!

12.27.05 - Checks Cashed

03.16.06 - EAD Approved

WE'RE DONE!

Mindy, Kimone and Jax!

Hope you are enjoying LOST! Really good finale! Half hour to go...well 15 mins minus commercials.

I thought there would be more to it. I mean I thought someone would get hurt in the whole "Walt" exchange. How could they just let them "sail away"???

Married on B2 Visa Nov. 25, 2005

AOS Mailed 5-16-2006

I-485

I-130

I-765

5-17-2006 Received at Chicago Lockbox and signed for

by S. Sandoval

6-1-2006 all cases "touched"

6-5-2006 Received Biometrics appt. for June 14, 2006 2:00 pm Charlotte NC

6-9-06 I-130 and I-765 "touched"

6-17-06 I-485 and I-765 "touched"

7-13-06 Received Interview letter for August 23 in Charlotte.

7-26-2006 Employment authorization "touched"

8-3-2006 Received EAD

Aug. 24 Interviewer gave RFE for brith certificates and criminal record check, Gwinnett Cty. GA

Oct. 24 Sent in all info for RFE

Nov. 9 Welcome letter notice received via email

Nov. 18 greencard received

Mindy, Kimone and Jax! Hope you are enjoying LOST! Really good finale! Half hour to go...well 15 mins minus commercials.

I didn't watch it yet -- I was watching Idol and then Top Chef. I have it on Tivo so I will watch either tonight or over the weekend. Don't worry...talk away....you won't ruin anything for me.

Ann and Anthony, congrats on getting an interview date! (L)(L)

Congratulations!! :dance: :dance:

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Mawnin peeps!

One of my fav verses is in my signature.

I hope everyone has a good day. Today is one of those days I'm really missing Jamaica. I asked hubby how he deals with homesickness and he said "mi bawn an grow dere - di ongly ting mi miss is to hear ppl dem chat patwa". I guess living there with him I really got spoiled :( I hope we get an interview date soon so we can schedule a trip to go back and see family :(

Sorry for venting - ppl always say be thankful he's here; and I am; but I want to have my cake and eat it too :lol::yes:

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Filed: Other Timeline

I don't recall reading the post where Jamie asked about favorite Scriptures.......

Found it May 11th 2:24 post number 2728 :yes: Thought I had lost my mind. I'm the post hoe in cognito(spelling) :lol:

Edited by Dee&Dav

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good morning everyone,

I am so out of it today, yesterday after everything a convesation I had with Lee was the only that cheered me up.

I am slowly falling ain a state of depression and I am withdrawing form everyone, but i can't help but to come here.

Maybe one of you ladies can help me out.

1) If I was to stop teh petition know, can I go back and reenter it ata later date? Say in about a year or 2.

2) Can you tell me what would cause a denial of visa ?, I tried using the USCIS and the State site but everyting was coming out in gibberish.

thanks

I do not wish to share any information about this dead end journey.........I have reached my final destination on this train, and it is time for me to get off.

THIS TOO SHALL PASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"If marriage means you fell in love, does divorce mean you climbed out?"

"You never really know a man until you have divorced him."-Zsa Zsa Gabor

"When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favour in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her: then let him write her a bill of divorcement, and give it in her hand, and send her out of his house. And when she is departed out of his house, she may go and be another man's wife." Deuteronomy 24:1-2

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us." - Helen Keller

"Even though you may want to move forward in your life, you may have one foot on the brakes. In order to be free, we must learn how to let go. Release the hurt. Release the fear. Refuse to entertain your old pain. The energy it takes to hang onto the past is holding you back from a new life. What is it you would let go of today?" - Mary Manin Morrissey

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Theresa

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I don't recall reading the post where Jamie asked about favorite Scriptures.......

Found it May 11th 2:24 post number 2728 :yes: Thought I had lost my mind. I'm the post hoe in cognito(spelling) :lol:

:lol: :lol:

you good to have found that!

I wonder how many pages our old thread was...were we past 1000 in that forum?

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Beautiful, this just brightened my day.

I don't recall reading the post where Jamie asked about favorite Scriptures but I have several that are my favorites. Here are a few of them:

*Philippians 4:13 --I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

*Psalm 121--I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the Lord, which made heaven and earth. He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber. Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep. The Lord is thy keeper: the Lord is thy shade upon thy right hand. The sun shall not smite thee by day, nor the moon by night. The Lord shall preserve thy soul. The Lord shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore.

Lee

theses are all so beautiful, Proverbs 3:5-6 I love that verse so much. I always thought it was justa verse ina song, until I came here 10 yrs a go.

Edited by desperatewife

I do not wish to share any information about this dead end journey.........I have reached my final destination on this train, and it is time for me to get off.

THIS TOO SHALL PASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"If marriage means you fell in love, does divorce mean you climbed out?"

"You never really know a man until you have divorced him."-Zsa Zsa Gabor

"When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favour in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her: then let him write her a bill of divorcement, and give it in her hand, and send her out of his house. And when she is departed out of his house, she may go and be another man's wife." Deuteronomy 24:1-2

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us." - Helen Keller

"Even though you may want to move forward in your life, you may have one foot on the brakes. In order to be free, we must learn how to let go. Release the hurt. Release the fear. Refuse to entertain your old pain. The energy it takes to hang onto the past is holding you back from a new life. What is it you would let go of today?" - Mary Manin Morrissey

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Theresa

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi Everyone!!!

I woke feeling alive but bah hum bugish. And then I came on here and I feel so "lifted up" by the positive vibes (as Henry calls it). So Happy Thursday!!! I am home because everyone in my office is taking today and tomorrow off. I think only one lonely old lawyer went in today. He is a right nerd.

Anyway, I will try to be a good housewife today and clean my bathroom, wash the bathroom rugs, buy some groceries and unpack some boxes (my mom is moving South and gave has rightly dropped off about 10 boxes of stuff that I store at her place.LOL)

I agree with MsS on thinking of Myisha and Cardo when things get rough. It's true - they have been thru a lot but God has seen them through. So yes, Myisha, thank you for sharing the good and bad with us and for keeping your focus on Him. :yes::thumbs:

Marsha - Whew! Thanks for letting us know he is all right. You know, we/I did pray that God use whatever is happening to allow you to see cleary what you want - and now you know you really love him and want to make this work. On the days when I get all stressed over this whole baby thing, I realize that I really, really want to be a mom. Before I was just afraid, but now I know for sure that I want to have a little girl. So yes, adversity does bring clarity. I wish you and Paul the BEST in working it all out!!! (L)

I live on scripture...my house is saturated with it. I am clinging on a different one every week. I also rely heavily on the lyrics of hymns to get me through tough times. Sometimes I wake up with a hymn in my mouth and then I sing it all day for strength.

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.