aussiewench

Yardies, at home and a farrin'

5,682 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Marsha I hope everything will be okay with your husband my prayers are with you. (F)

I have a quick question....have you noticed a few new folks that show up on the bottom...they poke around but never post anything? I've notice a few new people but never say nothing. I wonder who they are? And what's their deal? I know this is an open forum, but curious as to how they found us, why they don't post anything, and what are they reading???

Things that make you go hmmmmmm???

(F) B) Hi, I 'm one of the lukers. I absorb all the great information for my K-3 process. Enjoy all the comic relief (especially ray, ray ray). Commiserate with all the frustrations, angst and other problems. I am quite a bit older than most of you. Way past baby making age. Wish you all happiness and generally just try to endure this journey. (L)

Welcome to the thread. :D

I wonder who all those guest are looking at the thread.. Hmmm no name to put with them.

okay wow I just got caught up... I really need to go shopping now and then do all my thank you notes for the 2 showers I had. Now I have to learn how to cook :lol: HELP!!

Hope everybody is having a goodnight. hmm switching between lost now and AIdol. Then shopping... ugh

Take Care

Jax

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Other Timeline

AOS INTERVIEW THUR JULY 20th :crying::yes: :crying: Don't make me go :crying:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

:dance::thumbs::dance::thumbs::dance:

That was so fast! I can't believe it :dance:

Don't worry you will be fine :thumbs:

All of a sudden I'm in a constant state of panic. :unsure: My heart is beating so fast. :crying: I think I already have most of the items on the form together thanks to Jamie, our resident K1, EAD, AOS expert :thumbs: The thought of having someone take him away from me scares me to death :unsure: I want to get this over wit :yes:

Awww it will be all right! Congratulations!!! :dance::dance::dance:

You will dazzle them with talk of Dave's gastroenterological issues and his comments about your hair. They will KNOW you two love each other. :luv::lol:

Speaking of David gastro...issues my poor baby has lost 10 pounds he maga fa true.....He's still having they gave him whats called barium during the study the other day, so now he has to pass it :blink: So the loose stools are still coming. He done got on my last nerve wit all this moaning and complaining. That'll teach him. He just left to play soccer he needs to sit down some where before he falls out :blink:

WOW.....Congratulations!!!!!! :dance: :dance:

:dance: CONGRATS

I talk to Damien's family (father & three brothers) on a regular basis. I look forward to seeing them this weekend.

Damien's mother is a different story. I have never met her in person because she lives in Aruba. She used to be rude but now she's much nicer to me. I even called her on her birthday and Mother's Day.

Rub it in why don't you :yes:

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

I've never really done the whole tourist/resort thing in Jamaica, neither has Squito for that matter. Initially we wanted to go somewhere that neither of us has been for our honeymoon after our big wedding in July, but I'm concerned about visa and other entry issues. We've since decided that we'll go to Jamaica for a week in July and have the tourist/resort experience. I'm hoping that Squito's AP is received by then. I know many of you have done the whole resort thing, so I'm interested in some reviews.

I'm interested in going to Negril (since Squito's never been and I've only been there once when I was like 11). Can any of you recommend any good hotels/resorts in Negril?? Kelly, where are you???

I Enjoyed my three stays At he Club hotel Riu ...David worked at the Riu Tropical bay....more vibes, wonderful beach it will run you about $200-300 more than the latter tho. You can walk between the two. We spend most of our time on the Tropical bay beach because the water is crystal clear.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I have a quick question....have you noticed a few new folks that show up on the bottom...they poke around but never post anything? I've notice a few new people but never say nothing. I wonder who they are? And what's their deal? I know this is an open forum, but curious as to how they found us, why they don't post anything, and what are they reading???

(F) B) Hi, I 'm one of the lukers. I absorb all the great information for my K-3 process. Enjoy all the comic relief (especially ray, ray ray). Commiserate with all the frustrations, angst and other problems. I am quite a bit older than most of you. Way past baby making age. Wish you all happiness and generally just try to endure this journey. (L)

Welcome.

Here at Walgreens they give you $3.25 for every $1 you put in up to 3% per pay check, so YOU KNOW I couldn't pay that up.

:o:o Can you hook a sista up???? That is awesome and......I am going to my boss right now! :lol:

Seriously, I would :bonk: you if you passed that up.

That's a great deal :thumbs: ....My company matches 3% as well, once vested, after five years I don't think is very much :unsure:

Welcome.

:lol: I need to stop.... almost went rey rey during my job interview today :bonk: I need :help:

:lol::lol::lol: DWBCL! :lol::lol:

I say FNR (funny nuh rass) and will run and hide!

:lol::lol::lol:

I am still trippin off how fast Dee got her interview date...Squitto yours is next :yes:

Question: what happens if they schedule interview on a date you can't attend? Do you have option to reschedule? If so, is it a long wait?

My letter states that you MUST appear. If you reschedule( for emergencies only) it will delay processing, may require that some steps be repeated. It also may affect your eligibility for other immigration benefits while the application is pending. :hehe:

Ok, now I am even MORE ticked at my husband. I had hung one of my comforters outside on the clothes line and put 4 clothes pins in it, so it wouldnt fall on the ground, its windy and it rained last nite, so there is mud on the ground. I asked him to please put the second one out, since they are soooo heavy ($150 comforters), and what did he do, he threw it over the line and took two of the clothes pins out of the original one, so I just looked out, five minutes after he did it, and there they BOTH were laying in the mud. :crying::crying::crying: I HAD four clothespins on for a REASON!!! The back door with more pins was 4 steps away, for pity sake...

I feel your pain Jill :crying:

I hope you can get them all washed up with no stains :star:

Thats the thing, Jamie, these cant be washed, they are super expensive and super heavy and have to be either hung out to air, or washed off with a wash cloth and then hung out, sooooo...all that work for naught! :crying: Sometimes, my man turns into a stupid, typical American male, that doesnt think! He is normally very thoughtful of those kinda things. Sigh....

little things like that might be fustrating and all but I would prefer to deal with clumsiness over heartache and stress. I undersand you ar venting it out but you might have to chum that up to being a typical amrican man and move on. Sorry men will be men, and no matter what we do clumsiness is something we have to deal with from them, srrry

I wish I could go over things like that with my husband,

My husband is still in Jamaica and I just call his mom to see if everything was ok because I have been calling him since yesterday and no answer. She said she couldn't tell me the details but I wuld have to wait until he shows up to get answers from . My baby lives in the worst part of Jamaica and I just now something bad has happened. I have felt it for the past week and I just now it. :crying::crying::crying::crying: why everytime I get over one thing I get stress with something else.

Your post makes me want to cry...I hope everything is alright :unsure:

Hey...any answers to my desperate question...............if he needs that letter...I am going to need to move fast this afternoon and try to run hoem to my mailbox and fax it to him befoer tomorrow......he has plans to go tomorrow or Friday!!!

HELP...... HELP

Yes he needs the letter, even tho they already know :wacko::bonk: They want to see it. I faxed mine as well.

I say FNR (funny nuh rass) and will run and hide!

Squito tells me I curse too much. Lately I've been using Jamaican expletives around the house instead of American ones...I'm trying to clean up my potty mouth :lol::lol::lol: my favorite is.."blow wow!"

:lol: Damien is walking around saying "F" this and "F" that for no reason. Saying the "S" and "MF" words at the wrong time :wacko: He loves the American expletives.

That is sooo :lol: damn funny!!

ROTFLOL....that was funny :lol::lol:

I know Mrs. Squito, but everytime I try more tears jusst run out, I know God knows wht is in my heart aand he is listening, I just which I could speak it .

He has been gone since Sunday and no one nows where.

Kim check your pm, thanks for that.

Okay, now your gonna make me cry..... (F) Try not to think the worst.

I love him anyways and we are now eating off of cheap walmart stuff :yes:

I love cheap walmart stuff :yes:

I can't even post anymore too worried about DWHusband.....Feel like I need to go pray :crying: for real.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Mindy, Kimone and Jax!

Hope you are enjoying LOST! Really good finale! Half hour to go...well 15 mins minus commercials.

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thank you all verrrrrrryyyyyy much well things are going to be a little hectic with us, but at least I still have my husband, I had to beat it out of his siter she would not tell me but I finnaly got it out.

I am going to be praying like I have never prayed before.

I am in so much pain from crying because I was upset , then b/c I was stressed, then b/c I was told I almost lost him, then b/c what he did was so stupid now my head and eyes hurt....gotta find those glasses for tomorrow.

It is so funny just last week I was arguing with him b/c I thought he was cheating, no matter how much I tried or his family told me I just kept thinking that there is someone else. Now I am caught between being stressed out over loosing him ( grasp hold breath and sigh) not having him come here b/c of stupid immaturity and living in Jamaica. Back home (in Jamaica) we have a saying " cow nuh now the use a him tail 'til fly tek it ovah' This little incident as really made me reevaluate just how much I truely love this man.

Thank you all so much again for your prayers and well wishes.

Congrats Ann and Anthony on your appointment :dance::dance::dance: , wonder if I will every get to that stage.

TAYLOR won!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am gonna turn in good night ladies and enjoy your SOs because you never know.

I am so sorry if I made any one feel down or offfended you .

Edited by desperatewife

I do not wish to share any information about this dead end journey.........I have reached my final destination on this train, and it is time for me to get off.

THIS TOO SHALL PASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"If marriage means you fell in love, does divorce mean you climbed out?"

"You never really know a man until you have divorced him."-Zsa Zsa Gabor

"When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favour in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her: then let him write her a bill of divorcement, and give it in her hand, and send her out of his house. And when she is departed out of his house, she may go and be another man's wife." Deuteronomy 24:1-2

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us." - Helen Keller

"Even though you may want to move forward in your life, you may have one foot on the brakes. In order to be free, we must learn how to let go. Release the hurt. Release the fear. Refuse to entertain your old pain. The energy it takes to hang onto the past is holding you back from a new life. What is it you would let go of today?" - Mary Manin Morrissey

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Theresa

Timeline
Thank you all verrrrrrryyyyyy much well things are going to be a little hectic with us, but at least I still have my husband, I had to beat it out of his siter she would not tell me but I finnaly got it out.

I am in so much pain from crying because I was upset , then b/c I was stressed, then b/c I was told I almost lost him, then b/c what he did was so stupid now my head and eyes hurt....gotta find those glasses for tomorrow.

It is so funny just last week I was arguing with him b/c I thought he was cheating, no matter how much I tried or his family told me I just kept thinking that there is someone else. Now I am caught between being stressed out over loosing him ( grasp hold breath and sigh) not having him come here b/c of stupid immaturity and living in Jamaica. Back home (in Jamaica) we have a saying " cow nuh now the use a him tail 'til fly tek it ovah' This little incident as really made me reevaluate just how much I truely love this man.

Congrats Ann and Anthony on your appointment :dance::dance::dance: , wonder if I will every get to that stage.

my heart goes out to you!!!! (L) this process is heard enough with the seperation!! But having you SO live in a place were you don't know what will happen day to day is even harder!!! Mike has told me what happens in the area that he lives(St. Mary) and all i can say is be strong and keep the faith...he will be here befoer you know it.. (F)

Edited by nannygirl82

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Anthony and I got an interview on June 29th!!! Any suggestions or what we should expect?

CONGRATS :dance::dance::dance:

Did you get that via postal mail, email, or USCIS?

Congrats Ann & Anthony :luv:

We got it by regular mail. I noticed last night that I could not get in to check the status so I laughed at myself and said they must be in at the same time but nothing changed and I didn't get an e-mail yet.

LAWDJesus thankyou!!!!! cause I wasn't going to get any sleep :whistle:....I know I'm crazy mabe this interview stuff is getting a likkle to emotional :wacko::blink:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Damn gas is $3.65 a gallon and it just went down today to that price...... :angry:

I want to move to Rhonda's neck of the woods.........unless it snows where she lives....I am kinda spoiled with Cali weather....that is my only problem...thinking about Florida though......

Wow, I thought gas here was expensive! As of today it was $2.73 a gallon. That's a good question, since we have VJ members from all over the U.S. on here. :yes: What is the price of gas right now where you live???

As for my neck of the woods, yes, it snows here :wacko: I don't like it either, but I'm used to it. Luckily this winter wasn't too bad. It's just really cold from December until April :(

I got my heart!!!! (L)

Okay, nevermind....I got my heart a long time ago.....just me hallucinating again!! That's what happens when I try to do something without having a pot of coffee first :blink:

What was that movie when everyday the person woke up they forgot everything that happened before....yeah, that's me!!

i think that movie was groundhog's day

No, it was "50 First Dates" with Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore :blush: I've seen it a bunch of times.

I have a question for the day: Do you discuss the happenings on VJ with your SO (fiance, boyfriend, husband)?

No :no: Once in awhile I might tell him something, but rarely. He doesn't like me talking about "his business" :lol: Or he tells me I chat too much!

I try to limit what I talk about--got a green card, interview, approved. The chatty stuff I don't talk about.

Timeline

LAWDJesus thankyou!!!!! cause I wasn't going to get any sleep :whistle:....I know I'm crazy mabe this interview stuff is getting a likkle to emotional :wacko::blink:

i'm in the same boat....and i haven't even had the interview at the embassy yet....hopefully it has not been canceld and mike and i have slipped through the cracks of the NVC....

Filed: Country: Guyana
Timeline

DW, you never offended me at all. I was just venting, as you put it, and I know were I in your shoes I would be WISHING I could be arguing with my honey. I understand completely and my prayers have been with you. I feel like this board is my venting place, as I dont really have any friends to discuss these things with and you certainly cant do it with family, they just dont understand. We most of us on here seem to be puzzled by the fact that our husbands dont actually SAY they want this or that when given a choice, so I vented here about it. I have read it on other boards too, the ones from S. Africa anyway... He is getting better about it, he told me this afternoon, he never actually was ASKED ever before if he liked this or that, so its rather a foreign concept to him. So he usually responds..I dont know. It puzzles me, how can you not know if you like something. Some of it is that he doesnt even know what the heck I am talking bout half the time. And I think we are all plagued with men that dont like to ADMIT they dont know, so they dont ask questions. :lol

For instance, this is a funny one...We went to the boat/sport/travel show and they had an archery pavillion, where you could shoot a bow, so we tried that. Well he knew it was called a bow.

Ok, jump forward to three weeks later...I kept mentioning that there was this place where we could go bowling and I really kinda wanted to go and rey, rey, rey....and I mentioned this several days in a row..and the most I got out of him was a grunt. Which I took to mean he really wasn't interested. Well, after getting into an argument later about not going out and DOING anything...I found out he thought bowling meant we were going to go out and shoot a BOW again, he thought been there, done that....ROFL...it took a monumental effort to get that out of him tho...he doesnt ask questions bout things...so therefore the communication gap..and if he doesnt ASK, I dont always realize he doesnt know what I am talkin bout...

So its usually hilarious once it gets worked out.....NOW he wants to try bowling... :lol::lol:

Timeline

May 15th Lake arrived NYC on tourist visa

6-15-05 Flew NCY to "fetch" Lake for visit here

8-17-05 He Proposed!

8-24-05 MARRIED!

9- 1-05 - SENT AOS, EAD, AP, & ETC

9-12-05 NOA1 - FOR I-130, I-145, & AP, EAD

10-5-05 RFE for Birth C. & medical

10-24-05 GOT LEARNERS PERMIT

11-3-05 DRIVERS LICENSE :)

11-16-05 overnited RFE

11-17-05 Rcvd NOA2 for EAD, bio set for 12-5-05

11-25-05 Recvd AOS bio letter, apptmt for 12-14-05

12-5-05 Biometrics (they did BOTH!)

Infopass, got temp EAD, AP no luck

12-6-05 Applied for SSN, not in system

12-10-05 AP finally arrives!

12-11-05 1 year EAD card!

12-23-05 Interview letter arrives! 3-3-06

1-17-06 SSN arrives!!

3-3-06 Interview-APPROVED! Passport stamped :)

3-14-06 Green card arrives!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.