aussiewench

Yardies, at home and a farrin'

5,682 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I am still trippin off how fast Dee got her interview date...Squitto yours is next :yes:

Question: what happens if they schedule interview on a date you can't attend? Do you have option to reschedule? If so, is it a long wait?

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Ok, now I am even MORE ticked at my husband. I had hung one of my comforters outside on the clothes line and put 4 clothes pins in it, so it wouldnt fall on the ground, its windy and it rained last nite, so there is mud on the ground. I asked him to please put the second one out, since they are soooo heavy ($150 comforters), and what did he do, he threw it over the line and took two of the clothes pins out of the original one, so I just looked out, five minutes after he did it, and there they BOTH were laying in the mud. :crying::crying::crying: I HAD four clothespins on for a REASON!!! The back door with more pins was 4 steps away, for pity sake...

I feel your pain Jill :crying:

I hope you can get them all washed up with no stains :star:

Thats the thing, Jamie, these cant be washed, they are super expensive and super heavy and have to be either hung out to air, or washed off with a wash cloth and then hung out, sooooo...all that work for naught! :crying: Sometimes, my man turns into a stupid, typical American male, that doesnt think! He is normally very thoughtful of those kinda things. Sigh....

little things like that might be fustrating and all but I would prefer to deal with clumsiness over heartache and stress. I undersand you ar venting it out but you might have to chum that up to being a typical amrican man and move on. Sorry men will be men, and no matter what we do clumsiness is something we have to deal with from them, srrry

I wish I could go over things like that with my husband,

My husband is still in Jamaica and I just call his mom to see if everything was ok because I have been calling him since yesterday and no answer. She said she couldn't tell me the details but I wuld have to wait until he shows up to get answers from . My baby lives in the worst part of Jamaica and I just now something bad has happened. I have felt it for the past week and I just now it. :crying::crying::crying::crying: why everytime I get over one thing I get stress with something else.

I do not wish to share any information about this dead end journey.........I have reached my final destination on this train, and it is time for me to get off.

THIS TOO SHALL PASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"If marriage means you fell in love, does divorce mean you climbed out?"

"You never really know a man until you have divorced him."-Zsa Zsa Gabor

"When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favour in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her: then let him write her a bill of divorcement, and give it in her hand, and send her out of his house. And when she is departed out of his house, she may go and be another man's wife." Deuteronomy 24:1-2

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us." - Helen Keller

"Even though you may want to move forward in your life, you may have one foot on the brakes. In order to be free, we must learn how to let go. Release the hurt. Release the fear. Refuse to entertain your old pain. The energy it takes to hang onto the past is holding you back from a new life. What is it you would let go of today?" - Mary Manin Morrissey

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Theresa

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Ok, now I am even MORE ticked at my husband. I had hung one of my comforters outside on the clothes line and put 4 clothes pins in it, so it wouldnt fall on the ground, its windy and it rained last nite, so there is mud on the ground. I asked him to please put the second one out, since they are soooo heavy ($150 comforters), and what did he do, he threw it over the line and took two of the clothes pins out of the original one, so I just looked out, five minutes after he did it, and there they BOTH were laying in the mud. :crying::crying::crying: I HAD four clothespins on for a REASON!!! The back door with more pins was 4 steps away, for pity sake...

Thats the thing, Jamie, these cant be washed, they are super expensive and super heavy and have to be either hung out to air, or washed off with a wash cloth and then hung out, sooooo...all that work for naught! :crying: Sometimes, my man turns into a stupid, typical American male, that doesnt think! He is normally very thoughtful of those kinda things. Sigh....

little things like that might be fustrating and all but I would prefer to deal with clumsiness over heartache and stress. I undersand you ar venting it out but you might have to chum that up to being a typical amrican man and move on. Sorry men will be men, and no matter what we do clumsiness is something we have to deal with from them, srrry

My husband is still in Jamaica and I just call his mom to see if everything was ok because I have been calling him since yesterday and no answer. She said she couldn't tell me the details but I wuld have to wait until he shows up to get answers from . My baby lives in the worst part of Jamaica and I just now something bad has happened. I have felt it for the past week and I just now it. :crying::crying::crying::crying: why everytime I get over one thing I get stress with something else.

Hey Marsha-

I am going to PM you so please check it!!

Kim

CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE: www.embassyart.homestead.com

SEE K-1 TIME LINE IN MY PROFILE

.....INTERVIEW JULY 10, 2006-APPROVED

07/19/06-Duane flew home to the USA-FINALLY!!!!!!!

08/17/06-DUANE AND KIM GOT MARRIED

PART 2 BEGINS

09/20/06- EAD/AOS Mailed to Chicago Today..........Here we go again!!!

10/13/06- Biometric appointment-San Francisco

12/07/06- AOS Interview-San Francisco

CAUGHT IN FBI NAME CHECK DELAY

04/23/07-Received AOS Approval E-Mail

04/25/07-Received CARD Production E-mail

WAITING FOR GREEN CARD TO ARRIVE.......

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Congrats :dance: That was so fast!

AOS INTERVIEW THUR JULY 20th :crying::yes: :crying: Don't make me go :crying:

Click My Timeline For Our K-1 Info

10.21.05 - Applied For SS Card (He's Not In The System Yet)

10.27.05 - Got Marriage License

11.02.05 - Received SS Card In The Mail

11.10.05 - Passed Permit Test!

NOVEMBER 18th - We're Married!

12.17.05 - Mailed AOS/EAD Papers

12.27.05 - Checks Cashed

12.29.05 - Received both NOA's in the mail (receipt dates 12.20.05)

02.17.06 - Received Biometrics Letter

02.27.06 - Got Driver's License!

03.11.06 - Biometrics Appointment

03.16.06 - EAD Approved

03.21.06 - EAD Came In The Mail

04.10.06 - Received AOS Interview Letter

06.08.06 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

06.19.06 - Green Card Received

WE'RE DONE!

08.22.06 - Elias Is Finally Here!!! Born at 1:13am, 8lbs. 15oz. and 20.5 Inches Long

November 18th, 2006 - Our Real Wedding In Negril

Timeline

I have a quick question....have you noticed a few new folks that show up on the bottom...they poke around but never post anything? I've notice a few new people but never say nothing. I wonder who they are? And what's their deal? I know this is an open forum, but curious as to how they found us, why they don't post anything, and what are they reading???

Things that make you go hmmmmmm???

My baby lives in the worst part of Jamaica and I just now something bad has happened. I have felt it for the past week and I just now it. :crying::crying::crying::crying:

Try not to think the worst (F)

have you noticed a few new folks that show up on the bottom

Just nosey people.....Hey, whatever happened to Shawn? I kinda miss his trash talking

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I have a quick question....have you noticed a few new folks that show up on the bottom...they poke around but never post anything? I've notice a few new people but never say nothing. I wonder who they are? And what's their deal? I know this is an open forum, but curious as to how they found us, why they don't post anything, and what are they reading???

I am one of those how lurks more than posts. I should get off my butt and put in my story and go from there. I have not send in the paperwork yet but will within the next 6 weeks.

Guilty!!! :)

WE ARE DONE!!!

Timeline

probably just interested in all the crazy things that are said and they are peaking in to get a good laugh at us yardies from the farrin.......... :D

Hey...any answers to my desperate question...............if he needs that letter...I am going to need to move fast this afternoon and try to run hoem to my mailbox and fax it to him befoer tomorrow......he has plans to go tomorrow or Friday!!!

HELP...... HELP

PART 2 BEGINS

Timeline

I am one of those how lurks more than posts. I should get off my butt and put in my story and go from there. I have not send in the paperwork yet but will within the next 6 weeks.

Guilty!!! :)

LOL!! It's not just you. There are more out there!! Good to be poking!! (Oh there I go again....mind in the gutter!!!!!)

Timeline

:lol::lol::lol: DWBCL! :lol::lol:

I say FNR (funny nuh rass) and will run and hide!

Squito tells me I curse too much. Lately I've been using Jamaican expletives around the house instead of American ones...I'm trying to clean up my potty mouth :lol::lol::lol: my favorite is.."blow wow!"

:lol: Damien is walking around saying "F" this and "F" that for no reason. Saying the "S" and "MF" words at the wrong time :wacko: He loves the American expletives.

Timeline

:lol::lol::lol: DWBCL! :lol::lol:

I say FNR (funny nuh rass) and will run and hide!

Squito tells me I curse too much. Lately I've been using Jamaican expletives around the house instead of American ones...I'm trying to clean up my potty mouth :lol::lol::lol: my favorite is.."blow wow!"

:lol: Damien is walking around saying "F" this and "F" that for no reason. Saying the "S" and "MF" words at the wrong time :wacko: He loves the American expletives.

That is sooo :lol: damn funny!!

PART 2 BEGINS

Timeline

I hope everything is okay with your hubby (L)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

He shouldn't need the NVC letter. But they can be stingy with packet 3.

probably just interested in all the crazy things that are said and they are peaking in to get a good laugh at us yardies from the farrin.......... :D

Hey...any answers to my desperate question...............if he needs that letter...I am going to need to move fast this afternoon and try to run hoem to my mailbox and fax it to him befoer tomorrow......he has plans to go tomorrow or Friday!!!

HELP...... HELP

Click My Timeline For Our K-1 Info

10.21.05 - Applied For SS Card (He's Not In The System Yet)

10.27.05 - Got Marriage License

11.02.05 - Received SS Card In The Mail

11.10.05 - Passed Permit Test!

NOVEMBER 18th - We're Married!

12.17.05 - Mailed AOS/EAD Papers

12.27.05 - Checks Cashed

12.29.05 - Received both NOA's in the mail (receipt dates 12.20.05)

02.17.06 - Received Biometrics Letter

02.27.06 - Got Driver's License!

03.11.06 - Biometrics Appointment

03.16.06 - EAD Approved

03.21.06 - EAD Came In The Mail

04.10.06 - Received AOS Interview Letter

06.08.06 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

06.19.06 - Green Card Received

WE'RE DONE!

08.22.06 - Elias Is Finally Here!!! Born at 1:13am, 8lbs. 15oz. and 20.5 Inches Long

November 18th, 2006 - Our Real Wedding In Negril

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Elizabeth to her former boss: Alberto, I can't take this anymore. Your cursing is really getting on my nerves!

Alberto: What???

Elizabeth: Your cursing hurts my ears! You curse ALL the time!!!

Alberto: What the Ef! That's an Effing lie!!!!!

True story. :lol::lol:

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.