aussiewench

Yardies, at home and a farrin'

5,682 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Ok Ladies, I decided to do a Craigslist Survey. What $400,000 gets you in a few places.

Lets Begin with the center of the universe - NYC! :P

Manhattan: 1 room alcove studio for $399,999 in a nice neighborhood:

http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/rfs/164168745.html

Brooklyn: 2 bedroom COOP in Fort Greene for $399,999 (NO Houses to be had for that price)

(I bought a fixer upper in Brooklyn in 2004 for 279,000....today that is imbloodypossible.)

TKtEdiLYXkPqYTda2N9kJ5d90v8I.jpga>

Charlotte, NC: 4 bedroom house for $399,990

9aV71KX3CIJB0tP1Qi8BXQqBmxNQ.jpg3L6yBAcAJDkzDqDVLjDlI7alTx95.jpg

http://a.im.craigslist.org/7i/JM/K0nfUqa22...hVDiofC7pNV.jpg[/img]

Buford (Atlanta, GA): 5 Bedroom 4 bath house for 327,900

jiTesL2m7z001eqQQPOXUyVoCfux.jpga>

ok, now you just made me want to move even sooner :yes:

WE HAVE TO GET OUT!! :yes: Our children deserve to run and ride their bikes in a park sized

backyard. :lol: And henry deserves to plan his naysberry and gungo peas. :lol:

I feel so bad for the kids in my building, they either have to play in the hallway or the street. :blush: Both Squito and I grew up in houses with large backyards to run and play in. My kids are going to have the same. I'll always come back to NYC, but just to visit and shop :thumbs:

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Ok Ladies, I decided to do a Craigslist Survey. What $400,000 gets you in a few places.

Lets Begin with the center of the universe - NYC! :P

Manhattan: 1 room alcove studio for $399,999 in a nice neighborhood:

http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/rfs/164168745.html

Brooklyn: 2 bedroom COOP in Fort Greene for $399,999 (NO Houses to be had for that price)

(I bought a fixer upper in Brooklyn in 2004 for 279,000....today that is imbloodypossible.)

TKtEdiLYXkPqYTda2N9kJ5d90v8I.jpga>

Charlotte, NC: 4 bedroom house for $399,990

9aV71KX3CIJB0tP1Qi8BXQqBmxNQ.jpg3L6yBAcAJDkzDqDVLjDlI7alTx95.jpg

http://a.im.craigslist.org/7i/JM/K0nfUqa22...hVDiofC7pNV.jpg[/img]

Buford (Atlanta, GA): 5 Bedroom 4 bath house for 327,900

jiTesL2m7z001eqQQPOXUyVoCfux.jpga>

WE HAVE TO GET OUT!! :yes: Our children deserve to run and ride their bikes in a park sized

backyard. :lol: And henry deserves to plan his naysberry and gungo peas. :lol:

Thank yo all for the well wishes, crime in Jamaica is just ridiculous. Thinking the government knows this they would speed up the process of getting fiance(e)/spouses here...don't hurt to hope/wish.

All this talk of buying homes and income etc has got me thinking I am going to move really soon. All these homes are beautiful, I live in the concrete jungleall boxed in paying sky high rent.

I do not wish to share any information about this dead end journey.........I have reached my final destination on this train, and it is time for me to get off.

THIS TOO SHALL PASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"If marriage means you fell in love, does divorce mean you climbed out?"

"You never really know a man until you have divorced him."-Zsa Zsa Gabor

"When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favour in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her: then let him write her a bill of divorcement, and give it in her hand, and send her out of his house. And when she is departed out of his house, she may go and be another man's wife." Deuteronomy 24:1-2

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us." - Helen Keller

"Even though you may want to move forward in your life, you may have one foot on the brakes. In order to be free, we must learn how to let go. Release the hurt. Release the fear. Refuse to entertain your old pain. The energy it takes to hang onto the past is holding you back from a new life. What is it you would let go of today?" - Mary Manin Morrissey

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Theresa

Filed: Other Timeline
I got my heart!!!! (L)

Okay, nevermind....I got my heart a long time ago.....just me hallucinating again!! That's what happens when I try to do something without having a pot of coffee first :blink:

What was that movie when everyday the person woke up they forgot everything that happened before....yeah, that's me!!

:lol::hehe:

I have a question for the day: Do you discuss the happenings on VJ with your SO (fiance, boyfriend, husband)?

I keep Squito fully abreast of what goes on day to day. He practically knows you all. I always like to get his angle on the different topics that we discuss. I try to see all sides of a situation so getting his Jamaican male POV really helps. I feel like the chick from American pie with her constant preface, "At band camp..." Everyday I'm like, "Today on the Visa board...." :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

:lol: I do the same.

omg, i WISH we could find a price like that here in NYC. We're paying $850 a month for a one bedroom apt in the hood!! You can't get a decent studio in brooklyn for less than $180,000. If you want a nice 3 bedroom house you're looking at at least 400k. I can't wait to move out of NY.

OH my thats crazy, I could not image. I live in a three bedroom townhhouse, three bathrooms, livingroom, family room, basment..not finished but all the kids toys are there tho thats where they play so it like a room to me. Swimming pool. Great school district, for 875$ a month.

I don't mine sharing what I made 2004 was was $97,000.00 I feel like I still live pay check to pay check. 2005 $98,000.00. Working two jobs. I did't know how to manage my money, I wasn't saving ect....David is sure a blessing cause I don't spend nearly as much, learing how to live off less :thumbs: It dosen't matter how much you make it's what you do with it is what counts. :thumbs:

I should've been a nurse like you and my mom. I've seen her w-2's and it makes me :crying:

:crying: makes me cry to when I can't remember where all my money went.

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thanks for all the home advice. It just seems so out of reach right now. The median price for a home in our area is around $220,000. That is not in the best of areas nor is it the best of houses, I would classify that as "decent". Plus it wouldn't be in the city...it would be in the county. To get what would be considered a "good" house you are looking at around $300,000. We have houses in our areas that are going for over a million just because of land. The "good" houses are nice but they are on like 1/4 an acre of land. I know what we have here isn't as bad as CA or NYC...but its getting there. According to CNN money its getting to expensive in CA and now people are flocking here and raising our prices. They actually had our city on the top ten list of places Californians are relocating :(

Here the cost of living is really high because our minimum wage is the highest in the whole country. Some think that is a blessing but I think its a curse. Everything here is mass expensive because the minimum wage is so high.

Thanks for all the input. I know we will be able to do it but I don't know if we will do it around here.

Wow thats great money Dee...I didn't even make a third of that and I have a great wage in this area. Crazy :wacko: I know a lot of people make a lot less than I do.

Good morning Ladies,

hope everyone is doing great on this beautiful blessed day.

I just found out that my classmate from Jamaica was murdered in Jamaica a few weeks ago ( the guy that was killed for his cell phone- stupid razor phones).

Have a blessed day everyone.

Sorry to hear that Marsha :((F)

I got my heart!!!! (L)

Okay, nevermind....I got my heart a long time ago.....just me hallucinating again!! That's what happens when I try to do something without having a pot of coffee first :blink:

What was that movie when everyday the person woke up they forgot everything that happened before....yeah, that's me!!

:lol::hehe:

I have a question for the day: Do you discuss the happenings on VJ with your SO (fiance, boyfriend, husband)?

I keep Squito fully abreast of what goes on day to day. He practically knows you all. I always like to get his angle on the different topics that we discuss. I try to see all sides of a situation so getting his Jamaican male POV really helps. I feel like the chick from American pie with her constant preface, "At band camp..." Everyday I'm like, "Today on the Visa board...." :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

:lol: I do the same.

omg, i WISH we could find a price like that here in NYC. We're paying $850 a month for a one bedroom apt in the hood!! You can't get a decent studio in brooklyn for less than $180,000. If you want a nice 3 bedroom house you're looking at at least 400k. I can't wait to move out of NY.

OH my thats crazy, I could not image. I live in a three bedroom townhhouse, three bathrooms, livingroom, family room, basment..not finished but all the kids toys are there tho thats where they play so it like a room to me. Swimming pool. Great school district, for 875$ a month.

I don't mine sharing what I made 2004 was was $97,000.00 I feel like I still live pay check to pay check. 2005 $98,000.00. Working two jobs. I did't know how to manage my money, I wasn't saving ect....David is sure a blessing cause I don't spend nearly as much, learing how to live off less :thumbs: It dosen't matter how much you make it's what you do with it is what counts. :thumbs:

I should've been a nurse like you and my mom. I've seen her w-2's and it makes me :crying:

:crying: makes me cry to when I can't remember where all my money went.

I have a lunch request ...should I take it or not???? Gennies and supplegent??? :lol: I was told to make sure it's cold :wacko::bonk:

Timeline
Awww man, sorry to hear...it's just not time. It will happen sooner than later, don't move your name on the list :no:

Everyday Squito's like "Yuh tek yuh tablet yet?" :lol::lol::lol: hahaha we have them placed on the nightstand so we can't forget :yes::thumbs:

Ha, Ha.... :P

I think Duane and Squito got that line from the same place.....he says the same thing to me...." Baby, yuh tek yuh pill yet?"....... :P:P

I think Andre is just the opposite. He wants a baby so bad he is praying that the pills don't work :lol: He can't wait til I forget to take them :unsure: Not going to happen :no:

Glad to hear about the touch Squitto :thumbs:

I discuss things with Andre and he has seen all the pictures on Yahoo. He doesn't seem to interested in some things so I usually just catch him up with the hot topics.

Good morning all.

Jamie, did you see our pic of the trailer on yahoo? :lol:

Yep :thumbs: I think the trailer is awesome :yes:

Did you guys paint the outside to look like landscape? It adds a unique touch. $10,000!!! OMG I am so convincing Andre to move there...but the snow might be a problem :unsure: and the snakes ;)

Aunt Flo is here! :( Dang!! Well, maybe u should put me on the bottom of the preggers list.... :P

I think I have to get PHD in ovulation science. LOL

Still cracking up over Ms. Squito's skittles. LOL

Ya need to do it from bac way :lol::lol:...I couldn't help mysef. :lol:

:lol::lol::thumbs::thumbs:

Sorry to hear that Elizabeth. We will keep our prayers going for next month :yes:

Me too!!! :dance:

Edited by Jme3584

Dee, my dear, we must teach you how to quote properly :lol::lol::lol:

Oh....I get it. You mean how I delete name of whom ever when I reply to whats being said :hehe::blink: You know I'm not the brightest cookie when it come to grammer and rey, rey...I just type what I got to type and geton wit it seen??? :lol:

Oh....I get it. You mean how I delete name of whom ever when I reply to whats being said :hehe::blink:

Later.... Got to make a run. :blush:

Edited by Dee&Dav

Timeline
Can any of you ladies get in touch with your/husband's family?

Yeah Andre calls them all the time and I usually say Hi and chat occasionally. He talks to his grandmother and his brothers and he calls friends. His mom is here illegally in the US :angry: and is staying all over the place so we wait for her to call us as her number is always changing.

I love talking to Andre's grandma (she raised him) She loves me so much and is always telling me how much she appreciates me taking care of Andre. She calls me "my girl" (L) It always makes me feel good to talk to her :luv:

Edited by Jme3584

oh yeah, our case got touched this morning. :dance::dance:

Congratulations!!! :dance::jest:Any touch is a good touch

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

AOS INTERVIEW THUR JULY 20th :crying::yes: :crying: Don't make me go :crying:

WOW.....Congratulations!!!!!! :dance: :dance:

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Awww it will be all right! Congratulations!!! :dance::dance::dance:

You will dazzle them with talk of Dave's gastroenterological issues and his comments about your hair. They will KNOW you two love each other. :luv::lol:

Can any of you ladies get in touch with your/husband's family?

I love talking to Andre's grandma (she raised him) She loves me so much and is always telling me how much she appreciates me taking care of Andre. She calls me "my girl" (L) It always makes me feel good to talk to her :luv:

Awwww Jamie!! :crying:(L):crying: That is so :luv::luv: .

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

Filed: Timeline

Oh....I get it. You mean how I delete name of whom ever when I reply to whats being said :hehe::blink: You know I'm not the brightest cookie when it come to grammer and rey, rey...I just type what I got to type and geton wit it seen??? :lol:

Oh....I get it. You mean how I delete name of whom ever when I reply to whats being said :hehe::blink:

Later.... Got to make a run. :blush:

I love you :lol::lol::lol::lol: yuh gimme pure joke fi di day :yes:

oh my, so soon :o ................CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! :dance::dance::dance::dance:

Right now I so badly wish I didn't live in NYC :crying::crying::crying::crying:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.