aussiewench

Yardies, at home and a farrin'

5,682 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

omg, i WISH we could find a price like that here in NYC. We're paying $850 a month for a one bedroom apt in the hood!! You can't get a decent studio in brooklyn for less than $180,000. If you want a nice 3 bedroom house you're looking at at least 400k. I can't wait to move out of NY.

OH my thats crazy, I could not image. I live in a three bedroom townhhouse, three bathrooms, livingroom, family room, basment..not finished but all the kids toys are there tho thats where they play so it like a room to me. Swimming pool. Great school district, for 875$ a month.

I don't mine sharing what I made 2004 was was $97,000.00 I feel like I still live pay check to pay check. 2005 $98,000.00. Working two jobs. I did't know how to manage my money, I wasn't saving ect....David is sure a blessing cause I don't spend nearly as much, learing how to live off less :thumbs: It dosen't matter how much you make it's what you do with it is what counts. :thumbs:

I should've been a nurse like you and my mom. I've seen her w-2's and it makes me :crying:

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Other Timeline

Good morning (F)

Anyone listen to the Steve Harvey show this morning??....I found it quite interesting. They were promoting some guys book..In this book mainly for women, written by some guys who claims to know the ins and out of the mind of a man. Interesting he tells us women, Never let go of your self rey, rey, rey. That we should never give our men our all. The only man we should give our all to is the man above. Also that there is no way to stop our men from cheating that they will all at some point do it or be put in the position to choose and rey, rey rey. That the only way to ward it off is to just pray about it rey rey rey. :thumbs: Sound interesting I didn't catch the name of the book you can go to Steve's web site to get the book tho.

I love the way you tack, "and rey rey rey" onto everything :lol::lol::lol: Dave sure has rub off on you :yes:

My gosh yes, he sure dose. Last night he went to GED class., which was supposed to done at 8:30 did not come home to 10pm I was vex. I tought he hadn't called or anything. I left to go check on my nephew who was sick....Our paths had crossed....anyways..I was giving him the silent treatment....He started yelling at the top of his lungs.. what are you vex at mi fa rey, rey!!!. I said satta( not sure about the spelling)real loud...He was laughing so hard....needless to say out fight was over. :wacko:

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Filed: Country: Guyana
Timeline

Good morning all.

Jamie, did you see our pic of the trailer on yahoo? :lol: It only cost 10k but of course we didnt own the land, so pay land lease and have to deal with the pain in the rear landowner. AND if was a fixer upper, so we spend 10k fixing and building the deck. Of course, wages up there are about 8 bux an hour for a GOOD job and jobs are hard to find. Except if your in agriculture, you can get a job way easy, for the men anyhow, in the summertime. Hog farms are always wanting workers and they pay $11 an hour. Of course, you dont need to lock your doors, at night OR when your gone...lol...you can leave the car running while you run in to do errands, we leave the keys in the car over night when we go to bed. You know, there IS a beauty to that!

Anyhow, that is RURAL Nebraska/South Dakota, actually a nice house would probably go for 75k, but prejudice factor I am sure.

As far as Lincoln, Nebraska,its about like KC. My nephew and his wife JUST bought a brand spanking new house, 3 br/2 bath unfinished basement tho, for 171K. If you wanted a fixer upper, you could probably get a nice one for 130k. Wages here are nothing like NY or Cali tho, so you have to consider that. There are jobs everywhere here, at this time anyway. Secretarial wages are 9/hr to 10.50/hr, manufacturing 10.50/hr...department stores, fast food and hotels are sickening at 6.50/hr. There is also BIG money here, we have the highest per capita RICH folks, but I have NO idea what they do for a living! :lol: Land is about $2,000/acre if your in the country, a lil cheaper if your farther from the city. More if your close in. Schools are real good, but there IS SNOW. :huh: Also boring, the midwest is a VERY bland place, not much to do, the main event is like going out to eat for dinner! :lol: And I am serious. Poor Lake, he is so achin to party, as am I. He has been here a whole year now, and even he is considering going out to eat "partying". rofl Oh my....

Edited by thndrdancr

Timeline

May 15th Lake arrived NYC on tourist visa

6-15-05 Flew NCY to "fetch" Lake for visit here

8-17-05 He Proposed!

8-24-05 MARRIED!

9- 1-05 - SENT AOS, EAD, AP, & ETC

9-12-05 NOA1 - FOR I-130, I-145, & AP, EAD

10-5-05 RFE for Birth C. & medical

10-24-05 GOT LEARNERS PERMIT

11-3-05 DRIVERS LICENSE :)

11-16-05 overnited RFE

11-17-05 Rcvd NOA2 for EAD, bio set for 12-5-05

11-25-05 Recvd AOS bio letter, apptmt for 12-14-05

12-5-05 Biometrics (they did BOTH!)

Infopass, got temp EAD, AP no luck

12-6-05 Applied for SSN, not in system

12-10-05 AP finally arrives!

12-11-05 1 year EAD card!

12-23-05 Interview letter arrives! 3-3-06

1-17-06 SSN arrives!!

3-3-06 Interview-APPROVED! Passport stamped :)

3-14-06 Green card arrives!

I just found out that my classmate from Jamaica was murdered in Jamaica a few weeks ago ( the guy that was killed for his cell phone- stupid razor phones).

Have a blessed day everyone.

aaawww real sorry to hear that! (L)

Sorry to hear....thats what worries me the most about going back there to live. :blush:

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Ok Ladies, I decided to do a Craigslist Survey. What $400,000 gets you in a few places.

Lets Begin with the center of the universe - NYC! :P

Manhattan: 1 room alcove studio for $399,999 in a nice neighborhood:

http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/rfs/164168745.html

Brooklyn: 2 bedroom COOP in Fort Greene for $399,999 (NO Houses to be had for that price)

(I bought a fixer upper in Brooklyn in 2004 for 279,000....today that is imbloodypossible.)

TKtEdiLYXkPqYTda2N9kJ5d90v8I.jpga>

Charlotte, NC: 4 bedroom house for $399,990

9aV71KX3CIJB0tP1Qi8BXQqBmxNQ.jpg3L6yBAcAJDkzDqDVLjDlI7alTx95.jpg

http://a.im.craigslist.org/7i/JM/K0nfUqa22...hVDiofC7pNV.jpg[/img]

Buford (Atlanta, GA): 5 Bedroom 4 bath house for 327,900

jiTesL2m7z001eqQQPOXUyVoCfux.jpga>

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

Filed: Timeline
Ok Ladies, I decided to do a Craigslist Survey. What $400,000 gets you in a few places.

Brooklyn: 2 bedroom COOP in Fort Greene for $399,999 (NO Houses to be had for that price)

(I bought a fixer upper in Brooklyn in 2004 for 279,000....today that is imbloodypossible.)

ok, now you just made me want to move even sooner :yes:

Marsha -- so sorry :crying: it's just a shame that things like that happen....

I have a question for the day: Do you discuss the happenings on VJ with your SO (fiance, boyfriend, husband)?
Roy and I do the same thing. He knows all about all of you. It is really nice to get his "take" on things.
Mindy and Kimone, TONIGHT IS OUR SEASON FINALE!!! LOOOOOOST!!!!!!!!!!!! (Ok I need Jesus. I need to relax :lol: )

I can hardly wait....my finger is going to be hurting going from Lost to American Idol.

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Awww man, sorry to hear...it's just not time. It will happen sooner than later, don't move your name on the list :no:

Everyday Squito's like "Yuh tek yuh tablet yet?" :lol::lol::lol: hahaha we have them placed on the nightstand so we can't forget :yes::thumbs:

Ha, Ha.... :P

I think Duane and Squito got that line from the same place.....he says the same thing to me...." Baby, yuh tek yuh pill yet?"....... :P:P

unless it snows where she lives....I am kinda spoiled with Cali weather....that is my only problem...thinking about Florida though......

..BUT..then you have to wory about the 10 hurricaines a year they get.. :blink:

UGHHHHHH...Don't remind me...I totally forgot about them!!!! :hehe:

Good morning Ladies,

hope everyone is doing great on this beautiful blessed day.

I just found out that my classmate from Jamaica was murdered in Jamaica a few weeks ago ( the guy that was killed for his cell phone- stupid razor phones).

Have a blessed day everyone.

Marsha-

So sorry to hear that....what madness!!!!!!!!! :(

Thanks alot Kim.....it is so crazy what is going on down there-all because of a phone the young man had to die. Can any of you ladies get in touch with your/husband's family?

I do not wish to share any information about this dead end journey.........I have reached my final destination on this train, and it is time for me to get off.

THIS TOO SHALL PASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"If marriage means you fell in love, does divorce mean you climbed out?"

"You never really know a man until you have divorced him."-Zsa Zsa Gabor

"When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favour in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her: then let him write her a bill of divorcement, and give it in her hand, and send her out of his house. And when she is departed out of his house, she may go and be another man's wife." Deuteronomy 24:1-2

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us." - Helen Keller

"Even though you may want to move forward in your life, you may have one foot on the brakes. In order to be free, we must learn how to let go. Release the hurt. Release the fear. Refuse to entertain your old pain. The energy it takes to hang onto the past is holding you back from a new life. What is it you would let go of today?" - Mary Manin Morrissey

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Theresa

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

ok, now you just made me want to move even sooner :yes:

WE HAVE TO GET OUT!! :yes: Our children deserve to run and ride their bikes in a park sized

backyard. :lol: And henry deserves to plan his naysberry and gungo peas. :lol:

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

Good morning all.

Jamie, did you see our pic of the trailer on yahoo? :lol: It only cost 10k but of course we didnt own the land, so pay land lease and have to deal with the pain in the rear landowner. AND if was a fixer upper, so we spend 10k fixing and building the deck. Of course, wages up there are about 8 bux an hour for a GOOD job and jobs are hard to find. Except if your in agriculture, you can get a job way easy, for the men anyhow, in the summertime. Hog farms are always wanting workers and they pay $11 an hour. Of course, you dont need to lock your doors, at night OR when your gone...lol...you can leave the car running while you run in to do errands, we leave the keys in the car over night when we go to bed. You know, there IS a beauty to that!

Anyhow, that is RURAL Nebraska/South Dakota, actually a nice house would probably go for 75k, but prejudice factor I am sure.

As far as Lincoln, Nebraska,its about like KC. My nephew and his wife JUST bought a brand spanking new house, 3 br/2 bath unfinished basement tho, for 171K. If you wanted a fixer upper, you could probably get a nice one for 130k. Wages here are nothing like NY or Cali tho, so you have to consider that. There are jobs everywhere here, at this time anyway. Secretarial wages are 9/hr to 10.50/hr, manufacturing 10.50/hr...department stores, fast food and hotels are sickening at 6.50/hr. There is also BIG money here, we have the highest per capita RICH folks, but I have NO idea what they do for a living! :lol: Land is about $2,000/acre if your in the country, a lil cheaper if your farther from the city. More if your close in. Schools are real good, but there IS SNOW. :huh: Also boring, the midwest is a VERY bland place, not much to do, the main event is like going out to eat for dinner! :lol: And I am serious. Poor Lake, he is so achin to party, as am I. He has been here a whole year now, and even he is considering going out to eat "partying". rofl Oh my....

Sound like here.....you are not too far away tho.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.