aussiewench

Yardies, at home and a farrin'

5,682 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Awww man, sorry to hear...it's just not time. It will happen sooner than later, don't move your name on the list :no:

Everyday Squito's like "Yuh tek yuh tablet yet?" :lol::lol::lol: hahaha we have them placed on the nightstand so we can't forget :yes::thumbs:

Ha, Ha.... :P

I think Duane and Squito got that line from the same place.....he says the same thing to me...." Baby, yuh tek yuh pill yet?"....... :P:P

unless it snows where she lives....I am kinda spoiled with Cali weather....that is my only problem...thinking about Florida though......

..BUT..then you have to wory about the 10 hurricaines a year they get.. :blink:

UGHHHHHH...Don't remind me...I totally forgot about them!!!! :hehe:

Good morning Ladies,

hope everyone is doing great on this beautiful blessed day.

I just found out that my classmate from Jamaica was murdered in Jamaica a few weeks ago ( the guy that was killed for his cell phone- stupid razor phones).

Have a blessed day everyone.

Marsha-

So sorry to hear that....what madness!!!!!!!!! :(

CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE: www.embassyart.homestead.com

SEE K-1 TIME LINE IN MY PROFILE

.....INTERVIEW JULY 10, 2006-APPROVED

07/19/06-Duane flew home to the USA-FINALLY!!!!!!!

08/17/06-DUANE AND KIM GOT MARRIED

PART 2 BEGINS

09/20/06- EAD/AOS Mailed to Chicago Today..........Here we go again!!!

10/13/06- Biometric appointment-San Francisco

12/07/06- AOS Interview-San Francisco

CAUGHT IN FBI NAME CHECK DELAY

04/23/07-Received AOS Approval E-Mail

04/25/07-Received CARD Production E-mail

WAITING FOR GREEN CARD TO ARRIVE.......

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Timeline

I have a question for the day: Do you discuss the happenings on VJ with your SO (fiance, boyfriend, husband)?

I keep Squito fully abreast of what goes on day to day. He practically knows you all. I always like to get his angle on the different topics that we discuss. I try to see all sides of a situation so getting his Jamaican male POV really helps. I feel like the chick from American pie with her constant preface, "At band camp..." Everyday I'm like, "Today on the Visa board...." :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Good morning Ladies,

I just found out that my classmate from Jamaica was murdered in Jamaica a few weeks ago ( the guy that was killed for his cell phone- stupid razor phones).

oh my, I'm very sorry to hear that :blush:

I got my heart!!!! (L)

Okay, nevermind....I got my heart a long time ago.....just me hallucinating again!! That's what happens when I try to do something without having a pot of coffee first :blink:

What was that movie when everyday the person woke up they forgot everything that happened before....yeah, that's me!!

i think that movie was groundhog's day

good movie :yes:

oh yeah, our case got touched this morning. :dance::dance: The additional evidence for the RFE was received on 5/17 and the touch showed up online today (and Elizabeth, fyi I only check it once yesterday :lol: )

Edited by Ms Squitto

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good morning all.

Damien make sure I take my BC every night. He'll wake up if I forget to take it.

I tell Damien almost everything that happens on VJ and with my other JA/US couple friends. I also like to get his view on things.

We hung out with a US/JA couple last weekend. My friend is the US citizen and her fiance is in JA. He came up last week on a tourist visa to see what's like up here. He interviewed Damien which I thought was funny because I'm the one who is always telling people on our experience. It was nice to hear his side.

Filed: Other Timeline

Good morning (F)

Anyone listen to the Steve Harvey show this morning??....I found it quite interesting. They were promoting some guys book..In this book mainly for women, written by some guys who claims to know the ins and out of the mind of a man. Interesting he tells us women, Never let go of your self rey, rey, rey. That we should never give our men our all. The only man we should give our all to is the man above. Also that there is no way to stop our men from cheating that they will all at some point do it or be put in the position to choose and rey, rey rey. That the only way to ward it off is to just pray about it rey rey rey. :thumbs: Sound interesting I didn't catch the name of the book you can go to Steve's web site to get the book tho.

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good morning everyone!!! Happy Wednesday!!! So many folks off already for MDay - the office is quiet.

I have cramps. LOL

Marsha, I am so sorry to hear about your friend. :( That is so crazy.......my condolences to you and the family.

Congrats to Mindy for her "deja vu heart" :lol:

Congrats to Ms. Squitto for proving me wrong and being a USCIS hooch and only checking her account once...and see you were rewarded with a TOUCH! :lol::lol: Does Squitto know you look forward to being touched by strangers? :lol:

Mindy and Kimone, TONIGHT IS OUR SEASON FINALE!!! LOOOOOOST!!!!!!!!!!!! (Ok I need Jesus. I need to relax :lol: )

And, go Mavericks!!!

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Good morning Ladies,

aaawww real sorry to hear that! (L)

Aunt Flo is here! :( Dang!! Well, maybe u should put me on the bottom of the preggers list.... :P

I think I have to get PHD in ovulation science. LOL

Still cracking up over Ms. Squito's skittles. LOL

Ya need to do it from bac way :lol::lol:...I couldn't help mysef. :lol:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good morning everyone

Marsha, sorry to hear about that. Makes no sense that someone would lose their life over a cell phone :(

In regards to buying a home...that's one of the reasons I wanna leave the Bay Area - real estate here is too damn expensive. I've been doing research and I know of other cities where I could work and make what I make now (if not more) and the cost of living is cheaper...but again the snow is what scares me (I am spoiled with our weather). Once I start working full time I plan to invest in company 401k, and I've been looking into Roth/IRA accounts as well. We want a nice nest so that when we make the decision to buy a place here (and build in Jamaica) we're not strapped for cash.

Everyone, please give me the lowdown on your areas:

-City and state

-Employment

-Cost of living

-Crime

-Schools/school districts

-Anything else you think we should know

I think this would be a good reference resource for us all here

Edited by Jonesie

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Good morning (F)

Anyone listen to the Steve Harvey show this morning??....I found it quite interesting. They were promoting some guys book..In this book mainly for women, written by some guys who claims to know the ins and out of the mind of a man. Interesting he tells us women, Never let go of your self rey, rey, rey. That we should never give our men our all. The only man we should give our all to is the man above. Also that there is no way to stop our men from cheating that they will all at some point do it or be put in the position to choose and rey, rey rey. That the only way to ward it off is to just pray about it rey rey rey. :thumbs: Sound interesting I didn't catch the name of the book you can go to Steve's web site to get the book tho.

I love the way you tack, "and rey rey rey" onto everything :lol::lol::lol: Dave sure has rub off on you :yes:

Aunt Flo is here! :( Dang!! Well, maybe u should put me on the bottom of the preggers list.... :P

OH MY :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Congrats to Ms. Squitto for proving me wrong and being a USCIS hooch and only checking her account once...and see you were rewarded with a TOUCH! :lol::lol: Does Squitto know you look forward to being touched by strangers? :lol:

He'd have a fit!!! :lol::lol:

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

:lol: Hey they said that is how you get boys. I want a girl!! :whistle:

I am so picky. Both Henry and I just want a little girl. I don't like boys. :lol:

Edited by Elizabethnhenry

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

Ok Ladies I have been thinking about this a lot...I know most people won't be comfortable coming out and saying how much they make per year but I am SOOOOO curious because in my mind I make very little but I don't know how that really compares to people around the US. Plus with all the talk of buying houses and such it makes me think you all are rich :blush: Even if Andre and I went on a "Squitto" plan we wouldn't have the money to buy a house for about 20 years or so it seems...

Anyways to get to the point...I set up a yahoo poll about finances...that way it is anonymous. If y'all don't mind I would love for you to vote.

Jamie,

As long as you have a small sum of money saved for a down payment and you have decent credit, it's not that hard to buy a house. You figure the average mortgage is 30 years, so your payments would be broken up to 12 payments a year for 30 years. So generally the monthly payment isn't that high. And at least in the end, you have something to show for it. When you rent an apartment, it's like you're just throwing your money away. I think buying a house is a GREAT investment for anyone. Keep your head up - you can do it :thumbs:

I was going to say the same...these days it's easy to buy a house, as long as you have decent credit and a small down payment. If I could buy a house with my credit so can you. I did not put anything down my, (well the house that I used to own) cost 60,000$ It was a three bedroom, two story, one bath, two car garage. It had huge large kitchen. The lady who sold it to me was old and really needed to move, houses in the area were selling for about 80,000$. My intrest rate was high because of my credit, so my payment was about 550 a month. It was a fixer upper tho, I redid the kitchen with help, new cabinets sink, floor. I was a home depot Diva :thumbs: I retiled the bathroom, redid the hardwood floors. It was a huge loss for me.

Ok Ladies I have been thinking about this a lot...I know most people won't be comfortable coming out and saying how much they make per year but I am SOOOOO curious because in my mind I make very little but I don't know how that really compares to people around the US. Plus with all the talk of buying houses and such it makes me think you all are rich :blush: Even if Andre and I went on a "Squitto" plan we wouldn't have the money to buy a house for about 20 years or so it seems...

Anyways to get to the point...I set up a yahoo poll about finances...that way it is anonymous. If y'all don't mind I would love for you to vote.

Jamie,

As long as you have a small sum of money saved for a down payment and you have decent credit, it's not that hard to buy a house. You figure the average mortgage is 30 years, so your payments would be broken up to 12 payments a year for 30 years. So generally the monthly payment isn't that high. And at least in the end, you have something to show for it. When you rent an apartment, it's like you're just throwing your money away. I think buying a house is a GREAT investment for anyone. Keep your head up - you can do it :thumbs:

I was going to say the same...these days it's easy to buy a house, as long as you have decent credit and a small down payment. If I could buy a house with my credit so can you. I did not put anything down my, (well the house that I used to own) cost 60,000$ It was a three bedroom, two story, one bath, two car garage. It had huge large kitchen. The lady who sold it to me was old and really needed to move, houses in the area were selling for about 80,000$. My intrest rate was high because of my credit, so my payment was about 550 a month. It was a fixer upper tho, I redid the kitchen with help, new cabinets sink, floor. I was a home depot Diva :thumbs: I retiled the bathroom, redid the hardwood floors. It was a huge loss for me.

omg, i WISH we could find a price like that here in NYC. We're paying $850 a month for a one bedroom apt in the hood!! You can't get a decent studio in brooklyn for less than $180,000. If you want a nice 3 bedroom house you're looking at at least 400k. I can't wait to move out of NY.

omg, i WISH we could find a price like that here in NYC. We're paying $850 a month for a one bedroom apt in the hood!! You can't get a decent studio in brooklyn for less than $180,000. If you want a nice 3 bedroom house you're looking at at least 400k. I can't wait to move out of NY.

OH my thats crazy, I could not image. I live in a three bedroom townhhouse, three bathrooms, livingroom, family room, basment..not finished but all the kids toys are there tho thats where they play so it like a room to me. Swimming pool. Great school district, for 875$ a month.

I don't mine sharing what I made 2004 was was $97,000.00 I feel like I still live pay check to pay check. 2005 $98,000.00. Working two jobs. I did't know how to manage my money, I wasn't saving ect....David is sure a blessing cause I don't spend nearly as much, learing how to live off less :thumbs: It dosen't matter how much you make it's what you do with it is what counts. :thumbs:

Edited by Dee&Dav

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.