aussiewench

Yardies, at home and a farrin'

5,682 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Not... yet checking prices on getting my natral hair twisted, last lady wanted 50$ that's not bad I think I'll go with it :thumbs:

Dee, I wear my hair natural as well. Not a bad deal at all...here in South Florida, it costs at least $50 to have it double-twisted. I've learned to double-twist mine to get by but occasionally get it done by my stylist. I love wearing the twist-out after it's been twisted for a little while.

I just got back from having it done and I HATE IT :( but I paid 50 bucks for it so I'm going to live with it. For a few days at least. It looks like there are not enough twist on my head. :blink: Maybe it will look better after it grows out/relaxes a bit. They recommended that I have it done every two weeks. Thats to much....Well I never spend that much on my hair. I pay any where from $125 to $180 for micros that stay up for two to three months. I know I'm cheap. I started to try to double twist it mysef. Next time I will. ;)

it's so funny you say that. last night I cooked Squito a special meal. When he came home from class I was like "baby, I cooked something nice for you and I really put my foot in it". You shoulda seen the look on his face he looked disgusted LMAO I was like I didn't really put my foot in it, it's a figure of speech. Needless to say, I won't be using that figure of speech anymore, :lol::lol::lol:

OMG :lol: thats funny we have had the same conversation....

Edited by Dee&Dav

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Not... yet checking prices on getting my natral hair twisted, last lady wanted 50$ that's not bad I think I'll go with it :thumbs:

Dee, I wear my hair natural as well. Not a bad deal at all...here in South Florida, it costs at least $50 to have it double-twisted. I've learned to double-twist mine to get by but occasionally get it done by my stylist. I love wearing the twist-out after it's been twisted for a little while.

I just got back from having it done and I HATE IT :( but I paid 50 bucks for it so I'm going to live with it. For a few days at least. It looks like there are not enough twist on my head. :blink: Maybe it will look better after it grows out/relaxes a bit. They recommended that I have it done every two weeks. Thats to much....Well I never spend that much on my hair. I pay any where from $125 to $180 for micros that stay up for two to three months. I know I'm cheap. I started to try to double twist it mysef. Next time I will. ;)

You shouldn't have to get it done every two weeks. I actually like mine once they start looking a little old...after about two weeks. I'm sure you look GREAT! :yes:

Lee

July 4, 2006: Married

October 7, 2006: AOS Packet mailed to Chicago Lockbox via FedEx (I-485, I-130, I-765)

October 10, 2006: Package reived in Chicago

October 23, 2006: Checks cashed

November 1, 2006: I-130 and I-765 touched

November 2, 2006: I-485 touched--email notification about RFE letter on the way.

December 2006: Biometrics

January 2007: EAD Card

July 10, 2007 @ 9 a.m.--AOS Interview in West Palm Beach, FL...APPROVED!!!

For now, our agreement is that Damien pays 1/4 of rent, 1/2 electric, the entire cable and house phone bills. We get paid opposite weeks so we take turns grocery shopping and treating each other to our date night. We both put money in our joint account so we can purchase a second car and other expenses.

I make three times more than Damien but he wants to contribute much as possible so he can feel like a man.

Hope this helps.

Yes it helps....I was trying to get an idea of how much responsibility it takes to make them feel like what they are contributing is enough. I will also make three times a much as my husband...many men..American men at least cannot deal with that. I think for now I like the Squittos plan...I think we will bank his check, or use for emergencies only. If we move to California there is a possibility that he could make twice as much as me..Lord that would be just great :thumbs:

We're still unsure of where in the US we will settle to live and start our family (he likes it here, I want to move toward the East coast, but not sure of the snow :unsure:). I know that where I live now it costs anywhere from $395,000 - 500,000 to own a three bedroom two bathroom home, so I know I won't be buying here

Wow, that's expensive for a three bedroom home :o I only paid $145,000 for my house - three bedroom, 1 1/2 bath, two car garage, and a full basement. The yard is kinda small but it's a great starter home.

Are you serious? Where do you live?

Rental places here are cheap but real estate in my area is prime...it's a developing city and I read in the paper that the average household income here is $95,000

Now don't ask me what I make :lol:

We live in Allen Park. It's a suburb outside of Detroit. It's actually a really nice neighborhood. I grew up there - my parents live only 2 miles away :blush:

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

You shouldn't have to get it done every two weeks. I actually like mine once they start looking a little old...after about two weeks. I'm sure you look GREAT! :yes:

Lee

I hope so, right now in the front I look like buckwheat..you know from the little rascals :blush:

I surprised David with 18 inch chrome rims for his car today....they were used but he loved them the same way. We saw them yesterday while we were out shopping he bout killed over when he found out that they were only 700$ for the rims and the tires :thumbs: They were really nice. So when he came come he was like can I just borrow the money and pay it back rey, rey rey. I was like sure honey whatever. He went out to get in the car to go to his GED class he came in screaming.......I know how much he appreciates things. After all I didn't get him anything for his birthday. Now I'm really scared......The car will barely stop with the 18 inch wheels, I guess we need new breaks, the guy said that it takes more to stop them :blink: I can just see him slamming in the back of somebody :wacko::unsure:

Edited by Dee&Dav

Filed: Country: Guyana
Timeline

I had done some reading and knew the green card wasnt green. Guess it USED to be green, and then they changed it to pink, now its kind of whitish/cream colored. Not sure if they do that to keep track of span of years, or what have you, you know the government tho, always spending money on revamping something that really doesnt need revamping, and leaving the things that NEED revamping alone. :lol:

Oh, and bout the house in Jamaica...hmmm, you mean chewing gum wrappers and lint are NOT a form of currency??? If we all pool it, I am sure we could come up with quite a bit of it! :whistle:

Oh and Jamie, I posted a picture of our trailer on the yahoo site. :thumbs:

I can see it now, mebbe I could come up with 50k in recycled aluminum chewing gum wrappers....

Timeline

May 15th Lake arrived NYC on tourist visa

6-15-05 Flew NCY to "fetch" Lake for visit here

8-17-05 He Proposed!

8-24-05 MARRIED!

9- 1-05 - SENT AOS, EAD, AP, & ETC

9-12-05 NOA1 - FOR I-130, I-145, & AP, EAD

10-5-05 RFE for Birth C. & medical

10-24-05 GOT LEARNERS PERMIT

11-3-05 DRIVERS LICENSE :)

11-16-05 overnited RFE

11-17-05 Rcvd NOA2 for EAD, bio set for 12-5-05

11-25-05 Recvd AOS bio letter, apptmt for 12-14-05

12-5-05 Biometrics (they did BOTH!)

Infopass, got temp EAD, AP no luck

12-6-05 Applied for SSN, not in system

12-10-05 AP finally arrives!

12-11-05 1 year EAD card!

12-23-05 Interview letter arrives! 3-3-06

1-17-06 SSN arrives!!

3-3-06 Interview-APPROVED! Passport stamped :)

3-14-06 Green card arrives!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Oh, and bout the house in Jamaica...hmmm, you mean chewing gum wrappers and lint are NOT a form of currency??? If we all pool it, I am sure we could come up with quite a bit of it! :whistle:

:lol::lol::lol:

July 4, 2006: Married

October 7, 2006: AOS Packet mailed to Chicago Lockbox via FedEx (I-485, I-130, I-765)

October 10, 2006: Package reived in Chicago

October 23, 2006: Checks cashed

November 1, 2006: I-130 and I-765 touched

November 2, 2006: I-485 touched--email notification about RFE letter on the way.

December 2006: Biometrics

January 2007: EAD Card

July 10, 2007 @ 9 a.m.--AOS Interview in West Palm Beach, FL...APPROVED!!!

OK guys check out THIS house....8 bedrooms and 7.5 baths...if we all pooled our money it could be the VJ Resort :thumbs: There looks to be plenty of room :yes::lol:

Let's invest in this property in Treasure Beach

http://sangstersrealty.com/properties/prop7197.htm

Another fantasy house...Stony Hill

Sale Price: $32,000,000JA

Address: Stony Hill, Kingston, St. Andrew

Ref #: 7151

Bedrooms: 4

Bathrooms: 4

Main Level: Foyer, Sunken Living Room, Sitting Room, Dining Area, Large modern Kitchen, Bedroom, Bathroom, Balconies

Upper Level: Master Bedroom with own bathroom (jacuzzi, double sink, separate shower), 2 bedrooms, 2 Bathroom, Sitting Room, Balconies

Lower Level: Helpers Quarters (2 bedrooms, 1 Bathroom), Store Room, Wash Room, Dog Kennels

Double Garage, Swiimming pool (with outdoor jacuzzi), Water Garden

http://sangstersrealty.com/properties/prop7151.htm

300_1101.jpg

400_0440.jpg

400_0874.jpg

400_0835.jpg

400_0836.jpg

400_0858.jpg

Congrats Elizabeth - now you can send off AOS :)

MY GOSH!!!Wonderful....I'm in! :thumbs:

OK guys check out THIS house....8 bedrooms and 7.5 baths...if we all pooled our money it could be the VJ Resort :thumbs: There looks to be plenty of room :yes::lol:

Thats a beautiful house, I would love to live there. Alright lets see how much I have right now to invest

dumps contents of purse on desk and sobs while looking at a chewing gum wrapper and lint)

:lol::lol:

I have about 300JA at home :lol:

:lol::lol: You ladies are..... mad, sick, crazy, head no good :no:

Filed: Timeline
Well.....I just want to pop in this afternoon and respond........Joanna...it does take a lot of courage to dig deep down inside your heart/gut and make this decision. You could have pretended for the sake of everyone else and in the long run it would have been HARDER for both you and Adrian. I know that you are not intentionally hurting Adrian and I do know that this was not an easy decision. WE ALL pray that Adrian can get his job back and will be able to get stronger. Maybe this time away will help sort everything out......for you and Adrian. (L)

I also want to say a few words regarding Nanny's post. In my heart, I truly believe that she did not mean anything hurtful by her post. I believe she was thinking out-loud about Adrian and feeling overly empathtic to his situation/feelings. No matter what the situation, this is an awful thing for Adrian and his life has been turned completely upside down. However, I know for a FACT that Joanna NEVER intentionally meant to hurt Adrian. This is a VERY hard time for both of them. I also do not think Nanny was suggesting that Joanna go ahead and get married........I believe she was venting her emotions and empathy for Adrian. However it may be...this is hard for both people affected (Joanna and Adrian) and we should all feel very compassionate towards both of them.

As Jonesie said, each person is entitled to their own opinion whether it is accepted by the majority or not. Either way, I feel we should not condemn Joanna or Nanny for their decisions/opinions.

<<<<Joanna>>>>You do not need to explain yourself to anyone.......this decision was hard

and I know you meant absolutely NO bad intentions towards Adrian......

BUT....for the rest of us still going through the process...let this be a HUGE lesson learned.......REALLY TRULY get to know your Fiancee and make sure you understand EVERYTHING before you take that next step. Moving someone away from their job, life and family is huge. Do NOT do it if you have second thoughts !!!!! It has made me really sit down and analyze my own situation. I have NO second thoughts...otherwise, I would slow it down based on this lesson learned.

So...I hope we can move forward because I think we all should care and respect each other. This process is hard enough on it's own......

That was very well said. :thumbs: I respect Nanny for speaking her mind as well :yes:

Let's all continue to post, chat, share, and encourage one another. I am so thankful for this thread - Lord knows the hell we went through to keep it when Squitto first started it last year :lol: :lol:

Ya'll remember that?

You know I remember. I went toe to toe with the moderators and almost got myself banned :lol::lol::lol::lol: I love this thread!! :yes:

Let's all continue to post, chat, share, and encourage one another. I am so thankful for this thread - Lord knows the hell we went through to keep it when Squitto first started it last year :lol: :lol:

Ya'll remember that?

You know I remember. I went toe to toe with the moderators and almost got myself banned :lol::lol::lol::lol: I love this thread!! :yes:

I remember..dem gayl got facety wit di big mon :yes: .... :lol:

Edited by Dee&Dav

I remember they started calling you "Mama Squitto"! :lol::lol::P

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thats a beautiful house, I would love to live there. Alright lets see how much I have right now to invest

dumps contents of purse on desk and sobs while looking at a chewing gum wrapper and lint)

:lol::lol: Tenika - why are you looking in my purse again?!

I am in denial about the contents of my purse :whistle::crying::crying:

Congratulations on the green card! I am trying to catch up. So much is going on that I don't have time for myself. I need to get away from it all.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Myisha -- Great to hear from you again and glad things are going well with your family.

Hope everyone has had a great day.....as for me and Adrian we went to the Universal Studios theme parks today and now I am very tired and stressed.....but I regret to tell you that the wedding between us is not going to happen...he kept pushing me and pushing me to tell him how I felt (I had told him several times already) till finally I blew up and raised my voice (which I try not to do)...it is over..earlier today I called the cruise line to see if they will rehire him on the ship and they said they would check into it and for him to call back next Monday and talk to a lady about it. As for now he is going to his brother-in-laws house in South Florida,...its a 3 hour drive but I really did not want to have to drive that far with him and then have to drive 3 hours back by myself tomorrow so I got him a plane ticket for tomorrow morning. I told him he has till Augest to stay in the states and he can see if he can get back on the cruise ship for work....I am not as mean as I sound I am going to give him about $700.00 for him to get by.

I am going to loose about $4,000.00 for canceling the wedding but my parents say they would rather me be happy then to regret it in the end.

I will still check in with all of you, I feel I have made some good friends here.

Joanna

Joanna, I'm so sorry to hear that things didn't work out with you and Adrian. I am just catching up. I want you to know that I respect your decision. I know how hard this decision must be on both of you.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

sorry to make some people mad with my opinion....but like in a family NOT every person thinks the same way..

Joanna I in no way ment to hurt you or make you feel worse then you are already feeling..i was just stating what i thought and i am a deep feeling emotional person and my thoughts go out to both of you!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.