aussiewench

Yardies, at home and a farrin'

5,682 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Jme, how did Andre react when he saw his GC?

OMG I am dying here laughing just thinking about his reaction...

So when I suprised Andre with the card at first he was like "whats that?" I told him it was his green card and in all seriousness he was like..."well its not green...is something wrong?"

:lol: I would think it's green too!

Did you give him the dutty wine last night? :devil:

I thought it would be green as well! How come its called a green card?

Well about the dutty wine :whistle: I am going to save that for the weekend. Don't want to throw my neck or back out and try and explain it at work :whistle::lol::lol::lol:

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

:lol::lol: Tenika - why are you looking in my purse again?!

OK guys check out THIS house....8 bedrooms and 7.5 baths...if we all pooled our money it could be the VJ Resort :thumbs: There looks to be plenty of room :yes::lol:

Thats a beautiful house, I would love to live there. Alright lets see how much I have right now to invest

dumps contents of purse on desk and sobs while looking at a chewing gum wrapper and lint)

Click My Timeline For Our K-1 Info

10.21.05 - Applied For SS Card (He's Not In The System Yet)

10.27.05 - Got Marriage License

11.02.05 - Received SS Card In The Mail

11.10.05 - Passed Permit Test!

NOVEMBER 18th - We're Married!

12.17.05 - Mailed AOS/EAD Papers

12.27.05 - Checks Cashed

12.29.05 - Received both NOA's in the mail (receipt dates 12.20.05)

02.17.06 - Received Biometrics Letter

02.27.06 - Got Driver's License!

03.11.06 - Biometrics Appointment

03.16.06 - EAD Approved

03.21.06 - EAD Came In The Mail

04.10.06 - Received AOS Interview Letter

06.08.06 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

06.19.06 - Green Card Received

WE'RE DONE!

08.22.06 - Elias Is Finally Here!!! Born at 1:13am, 8lbs. 15oz. and 20.5 Inches Long

November 18th, 2006 - Our Real Wedding In Negril

Timeline

OK guys check out THIS house....8 bedrooms and 7.5 baths...if we all pooled our money it could be the VJ Resort :thumbs: There looks to be plenty of room :yes::lol:

Thats a beautiful house, I would love to live there. Alright lets see how much I have right now to invest

dumps contents of purse on desk and sobs while looking at a chewing gum wrapper and lint)

:lol::lol:

I am in denial about the contents of my purse :whistle::crying::crying:

Edited by Jme3584

Filed: Timeline

I am in denial about the contents of my purse :whistle::crying::crying:

You are not alone :no:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Well.....I just want to pop in this afternoon and respond........Joanna...it does take a lot of courage to dig deep down inside your heart/gut and make this decision. You could have pretended for the sake of everyone else and in the long run it would have been HARDER for both you and Adrian. I know that you are not intentionally hurting Adrian and I do know that this was not an easy decision. WE ALL pray that Adrian can get his job back and will be able to get stronger. Maybe this time away will help sort everything out......for you and Adrian. (L)

I also want to say a few words regarding Nanny's post. In my heart, I truly believe that she did not mean anything hurtful by her post. I believe she was thinking out-loud about Adrian and feeling overly empathtic to his situation/feelings. No matter what the situation, this is an awful thing for Adrian and his life has been turned completely upside down. However, I know for a FACT that Joanna NEVER intentionally meant to hurt Adrian. This is a VERY hard time for both of them. I also do not think Nanny was suggesting that Joanna go ahead and get married........I believe she was venting her emotions and empathy for Adrian. However it may be...this is hard for both people affected (Joanna and Adrian) and we should all feel very compassionate towards both of them.

As Jonesie said, each person is entitled to their own opinion whether it is accepted by the majority or not. Either way, I feel we should not condemn Joanna or Nanny for their decisions/opinions.

<<<<Joanna>>>>You do not need to explain yourself to anyone.......this decision was hard

and I know you meant absolutely NO bad intentions towards Adrian......

BUT....for the rest of us still going through the process...let this be a HUGE lesson learned.......REALLY TRULY get to know your Fiancee and make sure you understand EVERYTHING before you take that next step. Moving someone away from their job, life and family is huge. Do NOT do it if you have second thoughts !!!!! It has made me really sit down and analyze my own situation. I have NO second thoughts...otherwise, I would slow it down based on this lesson learned.

So...I hope we can move forward because I think we all should care and respect each other. This process is hard enough on it's own......

CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE: www.embassyart.homestead.com

SEE K-1 TIME LINE IN MY PROFILE

.....INTERVIEW JULY 10, 2006-APPROVED

07/19/06-Duane flew home to the USA-FINALLY!!!!!!!

08/17/06-DUANE AND KIM GOT MARRIED

PART 2 BEGINS

09/20/06- EAD/AOS Mailed to Chicago Today..........Here we go again!!!

10/13/06- Biometric appointment-San Francisco

12/07/06- AOS Interview-San Francisco

CAUGHT IN FBI NAME CHECK DELAY

04/23/07-Received AOS Approval E-Mail

04/25/07-Received CARD Production E-mail

WAITING FOR GREEN CARD TO ARRIVE.......

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

:lol:

I have about 300JA at home :lol:

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

:lol:

I have about 300JA at home :lol:

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

Timeline
Well.....I just want to pop in this afternoon and respond........Joanna...it does take a lot of courage to dig deep down inside your heart/gut and make this decision. You could have pretended for the sake of everyone else and in the long run it would have been HARDER for both you and Adrian. I know that you are not intentionally hurting Adrian and I do know that this was not an easy decision. WE ALL pray that Adrian can get his job back and will be able to get stronger. Maybe this time away will help sort everything out......for you and Adrian. (L)

I also want to say a few words regarding Nanny's post. In my heart, I truly believe that she did not mean anything hurtful by her post. I believe she was thinking out-loud about Adrian and feeling overly empathtic to his situation/feelings. No matter what the situation, this is an awful thing for Adrian and his life has been turned completely upside down. However, I know for a FACT that Joanna NEVER intentionally meant to hurt Adrian. This is a VERY hard time for both of them. I also do not think Nanny was suggesting that Joanna go ahead and get married........I believe she was venting her emotions and empathy for Adrian. However it may be...this is hard for both people affected (Joanna and Adrian) and we should all feel very compassionate towards both of them.

As Jonesie said, each person is entitled to their own opinion whether it is accepted by the majority or not. Either way, I feel we should not condemn Joanna or Nanny for their decisions/opinions.

<<<<Joanna>>>>You do not need to explain yourself to anyone.......this decision was hard

BUT....for the rest of us still going through the process...let this be a HUGE lesson learned.......REALLY TRULY get to know your Fiancee and make sure you understand EVERYTHING before you take that next step. Moving someone away from their job, life and family is huge. Do NOT do it if you have second thoughts !!!!! It has made me really sit down and analyze my own situation. I have NO second thoughts...otherwise, I would slow it down based on this lesson learned.

So...I hope we can move forward because I think we all should care and respect each other. This process is hard enough on it's own......

I agree. My post wasn't meant to hurt anyone's feelings or to "bash" Nanny, but just a reminder to us all that even though we have grown close and formed relationships, the only people who really know the deal are the ones in the relationship.

In my heart, I wish that Jojo and Adrian could work things out...but if the Lord has different plans for them then that's how things will be. I wish the best for the both of them and I pray that one day (if they are not back together) they can at least be friends.

With ldr's - all you have until you're physically (living) together are emails, quick trips, phone calls, and whatever other means you use to communicate. In no way is that sufficient (IMO) to form what society defines as a "normal" relationship...but we do what we have to do and take a chance in the visa process to try and go from being apart to coming together and basically learning about each other all over again. We all have our good days and bad days in working toward making an engagement/marriage work.

Let's all continue to post, chat, share, and encourage one another. I am so thankful for this thread - Lord knows the hell we went through to keep it when Squitto first started it last year :lol: :lol:

Ya'll remember that?

Edited by Jonesie

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

K-1 and AOS

-----------

Live your life!

We're still unsure of where in the US we will settle to live and start our family (he likes it here, I want to move toward the East coast, but not sure of the snow :unsure:). I know that where I live now it costs anywhere from $395,000 - 500,000 to own a three bedroom two bathroom home, so I know I won't be buying here

Wow, that's expensive for a three bedroom home :o I only paid $145,000 for my house - three bedroom, 1 1/2 bath, two car garage, and a full basement. The yard is kinda small but it's a great starter home.

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

Thats a beautiful house, I would love to live there. Alright lets see how much I have right now to invest dumps contents of purse on desk and sobs while looking at a chewing gum wrapper and lint)
:lol::lol: I am in denial about the contents of my purse :whistle::crying::crying:

I don't even have a purse :crying:

I am so thankful for this thread - Lord knows the hell we went through to keep it when Squitto first started it last year :lol: :lol: Ya'll remember that?
Ahhhh, those were the days.....

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

There is a hotel that just opened up on the south coast (where we want to live)...huge hotel...don't remember what it is called though...anyone know?

Jamie, the only big hotel that I know of on the south coast is Sandals Whitehouse. It's huge. I guess it's one of the nicest, biggest Sandals resorts yet.

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

34z0pck.jpg

Timeline

We're still unsure of where in the US we will settle to live and start our family (he likes it here, I want to move toward the East coast, but not sure of the snow :unsure:). I know that where I live now it costs anywhere from $395,000 - 500,000 to own a three bedroom two bathroom home, so I know I won't be buying here

Wow, that's expensive for a three bedroom home :o I only paid $145,000 for my house - three bedroom, 1 1/2 bath, two car garage, and a full basement. The yard is kinda small but it's a great starter home.

Are you serious? Where do you live?

Rental places here are cheap but real estate in my area is prime...it's a developing city and I read in the paper that the average household income here is $95,000

Now don't ask me what I make :lol:

K-1 and AOS

-----------

Live your life!

Timeline

Thats a beautiful house, I would love to live there. Alright lets see how much I have right now to invest dumps contents of purse on desk and sobs while looking at a chewing gum wrapper and lint)
:lol::lol: I am in denial about the contents of my purse :whistle::crying::crying:

I don't even have a purse :crying:

I am so thankful for this thread - Lord knows the hell we went through to keep it when Squitto first started it last year :lol: :lol: Ya'll remember that?
Ahhhh, those were the days.....

Yep those were the days :lol: Really boosted the post counts back then :thumbs:

Have a great night everyone! I am out :dance:

There is a hotel that just opened up on the south coast (where we want to live)...huge hotel...don't remember what it is called though...anyone know?

Jamie, the only big hotel that I know of on the south coast is Sandals Whitehouse. It's huge. I guess it's one of the nicest, biggest Sandals resorts yet.

YES!!! Thats it...it is spectacular :dance: I am so going to work there :yes:

When we first started talking Henry asked me once, "are you boring?" :o He meant "are you BORED?" :lol::lol:

:lol: Tony used to say this all the time when we first met and he first came here! :P It was so funny.

Oh my gosh, that would be so awesome! We need to get 13 people to go in on it and it would only cost us $50,000 each :yes: And there's so many rooms, it wouldn't matter if 4 or 5 different couples wanted to use it the same week. Hmmm...........

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

34z0pck.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I agree. My post wasn't meant to hurt anyone's feelings or to "bash" Nanny, but just a reminder to us all that even though we have grown close and formed relationships, the only people who really know the deal are the ones in the relationship.

In my heart, I wish that Jojo and Adrian could work things out...but if the Lord has different plans for them then that's how things will be. I wish the best for the both of them and I pray that one day (if they are not back together) they can at least be friends.

With ldr's - all you have until you're physically (living) together are emails, quick trips, phone calls, and whatever other means you use to communicate. In no way is that sufficient (IMO) to form what society defines as a "normal" relationship...but we do what we have to do and take a chance in the visa process to try and go from being apart to coming together and basically learning about each other all over again. We all have our good days and bad days in working toward making an engagement/marriage work.

Let's all continue to post, chat, share, and encourage one another. I am so thankful for this thread - Lord knows the hell we went through to keep it when Squitto first started it last year :lol: :lol:

Ya'll remember that?

Very nicely said Jonesie....I really did not think that anyone got "bashed" either. :( I am sorry if my post came out like that).......... :blush: I think we all have met some wonderful people through this process and everyones experience has guided me and taught me soooooo much about my relationship too. Although each relationship is so different...I think we can all learn and grow from each other.

I truly have a lot of respect for Joanna because the courage to follow your inner feelings is very admirable...plus...her experience has really helped me evaluate my own relationship which is always a good thing. This Visa Journey can kinda feel like "fantasy-land" until reality sits in and you sit down and really think about the Major changes that your life is going to take.......

Jme, how did Andre react when he saw his GC?

OMG I am dying here laughing just thinking about his reaction...

So when I suprised Andre with the card at first he was like "whats that?" I told him it was his green card and in all seriousness he was like..."well its not green...is something wrong?"

:lol: I would think it's green too!

Did you give him the dutty wine last night? :devil:

I thought it would be green as well! How come its called a green card?

Well about the dutty wine :whistle: I am going to save that for the weekend. Don't want to throw my neck or back out and try and explain it at work :whistle::lol::lol::lol:

Excuse me for my RUDENESS........

JAMIE and ANDRE------CONGRATZZZZZ ON THE GREEN CARD.......(you know, the one that is not GREEN!!! :lol: )

CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE: www.embassyart.homestead.com

SEE K-1 TIME LINE IN MY PROFILE

.....INTERVIEW JULY 10, 2006-APPROVED

07/19/06-Duane flew home to the USA-FINALLY!!!!!!!

08/17/06-DUANE AND KIM GOT MARRIED

PART 2 BEGINS

09/20/06- EAD/AOS Mailed to Chicago Today..........Here we go again!!!

10/13/06- Biometric appointment-San Francisco

12/07/06- AOS Interview-San Francisco

CAUGHT IN FBI NAME CHECK DELAY

04/23/07-Received AOS Approval E-Mail

04/25/07-Received CARD Production E-mail

WAITING FOR GREEN CARD TO ARRIVE.......

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.