Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

For real estate, I always check

http://www.sangstersrealty.com

http://www.meldamrealty.com

http://www.cbjamaica.com

http://www.viviun.com

Seriously, some of these prices are outrageous, but I know that they are marketed for non Ja'cans. Still like to look at what's available and selling prices of homes, hotels, land, etc.

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Filed: Timeline

Good morning everyone!

I don't want to add fuel to the fire, but I feel that the comment regarding Jojo's decision was a bit insensitive. We (boardies) are all outsiders looking in, and while we are entitled to our opinions, only Jojo and Adrian know the true dynamics of their relationship. Whether she gave him $800 or $8,000, it still wouldn't change the fact that:

1. Something inside her felt that the marriage should not happen

2. Adrian knew something was wrong, because (based on her reply yesterday) he kept asking how she "really" felt

Would it be best if she married him, then say - three months later, she divorced him? If the end result for them was separation, it would still hurt, no matter when in the relationship it took place.

This thread was created as a place where we could share our visa journey, but over the past year has grown to a place where friendships have been created, support has been given, prayers have been exchanged, and just a place where everyone (yardies and non yardies) would come and feel positive vibes.

I don't mean to ruffle feathers, but want to remind everyone of the true purpose of being here on this forum.

I hope that what occurred doesn't discourage anyone to post, as we all benefit from each other here. Let's keep things on a good note (F)

dutty winin back out :lol:

Well put...... not to ruffle any more feathers but ..I agree with Squitto and Jonesie. :blush: but for the most part I feel that your decision was a bit insisivite as well...but I don't know the whole story, I'm only an outsider looking in.. and don't feel obligated Joanna...but I could better understand If I/ we knew the whole story....You don't just fall out of love with a person.....I'm sure that your are hurting but I really feel bad for Adrian right now It's scary out there as it is... esp not knowing what he did or did not do. Agreed. I also think that it's better now vs later. Like I said before only you know your heart. I wouldn't think about marry a man that I wasn't in love with.

I can only imagine what is going through Adrian's mind right now. I, too feel very bad for him. I just hope he can piece his life back together. Picking up and moving to a new country is a big deal. As I said before, I don't think that Joanna did this intentionally and in her defense I understand the thougths and feelings that she had (even not knowing the full story) because I've had second thoughts too. But Squito and I have been at this for such a long time that we decided to stick it out no matter what. I understand what he had to give up to come here to be with me. He turned his entire life upside down. The conversations that Joanna and Adrian decided to have once he got here, Squito and I tried to get out of the way BEFORE he got here. But I always say, better late than never! I respect Joanna's decision to call off the wedding before making a big mistake. It takes a great deal of courage to do something like that...

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Myisha -- Great to hear from you again and glad things are going well with your family.

Hope everyone has had a great day.....as for me and Adrian we went to the Universal Studios theme parks today and now I am very tired and stressed.....but I regret to tell you that the wedding between us is not going to happen...he kept pushing me and pushing me to tell him how I felt (I had told him several times already) till finally I blew up and raised my voice (which I try not to do)...it is over..earlier today I called the cruise line to see if they will rehire him on the ship and they said they would check into it and for him to call back next Monday and talk to a lady about it. As for now he is going to his brother-in-laws house in South Florida,...its a 3 hour drive but I really did not want to have to drive that far with him and then have to drive 3 hours back by myself tomorrow so I got him a plane ticket for tomorrow morning. I told him he has till Augest to stay in the states and he can see if he can get back on the cruise ship for work....I am not as mean as I sound I am going to give him about $700.00 for him to get by.

I am going to loose about $4,000.00 for canceling the wedding but my parents say they would rather me be happy then to regret it in the end.

I will still check in with all of you, I feel I have made some good friends here.

Joanna

all i can say is WOW!!!!i feel real sorry to hear this...poor guy...i mean do you think 700$ is really enough for him??? we all know how expensive it is in the states..and plus he will need to buy a ticket to ja and tickets aren't cheap....poor guy i mean to have your life completly torn up in a matter of days and all you get is a ticket and 700 bucks...how nice...

i know i am going to get a lot of ####### for this...but he is human too...he has feelings too...i'm not saying that going though with the wedding is the best option either but just making someone leave after they have put all of there trust into you and only to get a ooppss sorry my mistake i think is pretty selfish..

You won't get a lot of ####### for what you have to say. You may get some peoples opinions that are different than yours but we all are allowed our opinion. You have valid points and you have points that I am sure people won't agree with...all in all its your opinion.

Good morning everyone (F)

Sorry to bring up old stuff...just catching up

I feel the need to reply also but I think that Rhonda put it very eloquently. There is nothing more that I can say......except.....

Joanna -- We are all here for you and will not judge what you did because none of us knows what is going on in your life. Just know that we love and support you 100%. (L)

Amen to that :thumbs:

We all are here for support :yes:

One of my fantasy properties...

St. Mary - $350,000 US - $22,400,000 JA :blink:

fr-road.jpg

ground-fl-verandah.jpg

hse-fr-pool.jpg

pool-and-sea-beyond.jpg

two-car-garage.jpg

wow that's beautiful.... :yes:

Squito and I own a nice plot of land in Trelawny already. Though we don't want to build on it it's been in his family for a while. We don't really want to sell it either. The decision what to do with it is up in the air. His mother has offered to help us purchase a home through the NHT. We hope to look into that in the near future. We too have plans to buy a property to rent to tourists. There's so much opportunities in JA. Initially I never really considered moving for good, but we want to have homes in both places and go back and forth. My grandpa does it now. He spends the cold months in JA and the warm months in NYC....

Timeline

Thanks everyone :dance:

Andre doesn't know that we got it in the mail yet. The letter said 3 weeks so he is thinking thats how long it will take. I can't wait to suprise him. Any suggestions on how to suprise and celebrate? (sucks that it's a work night :angry: )

How about when it is not a work night, you make a special romantic evening. Then when dessert is served you open up a tray with the GreenCard on the tray ...or during passionate love making it falls out on his foreheard :lol::lol::devil:

:lol: Aren't you the romantic?

:lol::lol::lol:

We ended up going out to dinner and then to another place for cheesecake (his fav :yes: ) and I presented the green card then...he was so shocked...he sat there for like 10 minutes reading it all and looking at all the holographs. It was a great night (L)

Timeline

One of my fantasy properties...

St. Mary - $350,000 US - $22,400,000 JA :blink:

WOW that's nice....too much for us tho.... :(

That house is beautiful. You can't buy half of that house for $350,000 in the DC area :no: We are trying hard to relocate.

Timeline
This thread was created as a place where we could share our visa journey, but over the past year has grown to a place where friendships have been created, support has been given, prayers have been exchanged, and just a place where everyone (yardies and non yardies) would come and feel positive vibes.

:yes::yes::yes:

That is the yardie thread motto right there :thumbs:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Squito and I own a nice plot of land in Trelawny already. Though we don't want to build on it it's been in his family for a while. We don't really want to sell it either. The decision what to do with it is up in the air. His mother has offered to help us purchase a home through the NHT. We hope to look into that in the near future. We too have plans to buy a property to rent to tourists. There's so much opportunities in JA. Initially I never really considered moving for good, but we want to have homes in both places and go back and forth. My grandpa does it now. He spends the cold months in JA and the warm months in NYC....

Same with us (I say us because we're now married and what's his is mine and what's mine is mine :lol:) - and he doesn't want to live up there (hills of St. Ann) and the land definitely will not be sold. I would like to own a townhouse in Kingston, and build a home in St. Ann, and invest in Port Antonio (my prediction is that in 5 years or less, more tourist interest will generate for that area, especially for naturists) and the other tourist areas.

We're still unsure of where in the US we will settle to live and start our family (he likes it here, I want to move toward the East coast, but not sure of the snow :unsure:). I know that where I live now it costs anywhere from $395,000 - 500,000 to own a three bedroom two bathroom home, so I know I won't be buying here

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Filed: Other Timeline

Thanks everyone :dance:

Andre doesn't know that we got it in the mail yet. The letter said 3 weeks so he is thinking thats how long it will take. I can't wait to suprise him. Any suggestions on how to suprise and celebrate? (sucks that it's a work night :angry: )

How about when it is not a work night, you make a special romantic evening. Then when dessert is served you open up a tray with the GreenCard on the tray ...or during passionate love making it falls out on his foreheard :lol::lol::devil:

:lol: Aren't you the romantic?

:lol::lol::lol:

We ended up going out to dinner and then to another place for cheesecake (his fav :yes: ) and I presented the green card then...he was so shocked...he sat there for like 10 minutes reading it all and looking at all the holographs. It was a great night (L)

What happen to the duty wine????? ...cho..lol.....I can't wait to be in your shoes. :D

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Timeline
New discussion question:

Who plans to (eventually) move to Jamaica? How long do you think it will take you to get things together to do so?

We plan on moving to JA some time in the future. I think it all depends on a lot of things. Right now we have a 10 year plan that I am sure will turn into a 15 year plan. I know a woman who came here in 1993 from JA after her US husband had lived down in JA for 2 years and had their first child there and everything. They came here with a 5 year plan...then a 10 year and now they are working on their 15 year plan :whistle: It is so easy to get comfortable here :whistle:

I want to live on the south coast...somewhere in St. Elizabeth/Manchester/Clarendon. Near to the water for the fresh seafood :thumbs: Andre has family in Santa Cruz, May Pen and near Old Harbour. I want to live somewhere near them :yes:

Timeline
New discussion question:

Who plans to (eventually) move to Jamaica? How long do you think it will take you to get things together to do so?

I never plan to really move to Jamaica, I soo love the business and everything about New York, I dont thinkg I could stand living in Jamaica. Besides home schooling my at least 6 pikney :) , will have me very busy as it is, I (L) NY to much to leave. I would like a home to visit occasionally and a guest house to rent torist as well,

2/1/2010- AOS , EAD. AP Mailed via USPS priority mail

2/3/2010- Received - via USPS delivery tracking

2/9/2010- Check Cashed

2/9/2010- NOA 1 Received for 131, 765, 485

2/17/2010- Received letter for biometrics

2/19/2010- Completed biometrics via early "walk in'

2/22/2010- Touched on I-765, 48

2/24/2010- Case transferred to CSC

4/2/2010 Card Production Ordered for I-765, AP touched (Yea!!)

4/8/10- Approval notice for I-765 sent via email/ AP touched

4/10/2010 Received AP.

4/12/10 Received EAD-

7/6/10 Contacted USCIS because now Outside normal processing time

7/23/10 Got RFE asking for proof of legitimate marriage- 1page and 1/4 of proofs

8/23/10 sent off RFE response via Expressmail

8/24/10 Received by CSC

9/2/10 Email from USCIS- Card Production Ordered

New discussion question:

I never plan to really move to Jamaica, I soo love the business and everything about New York, I dont thinkg I could stand living in Jamaica. Besides home schooling my at least 6 pikney :) , will have me very busy as it is, I (L) NY to much to leave. I would like a home to visit occasionally and a guest house to rent torist as well,

we are polar opposites honey. I hate NYC and cannot WAIT to move outta here :lol::lol::lol:

Timeline

New discussion question:

Moving to JA is a long range fantasy, but one we indulge in daily. We dream of doing it in 10 years.

If we employ the Squittos guerrilla savings plan and what Anna's parents did (build a room or two at a time), we should be able to do it). Henry misses his farm so much.

We're looking at 10 years (ideal) to 15 years (:() to move back. During our time here we hope to:

- Have kids

- Finish our college degrees

- Save a ton of money

- Start building a house, and investing in rental properties for tourists to generate extra income

- Start plans for owning and running our own business in Jamaica

Building one room at a time is smart; and since we won't be living there anytime soon I guess that is something I can start talking to him about. His father makes gorgeous wood furniture so we don't have to worry about furnishings for our place :thumbs:

That is a pretty similar list to us. I definitely want us to have degrees or at least be really skilled in a trade that we can work in down there. Rental properties is the way to go and I would love to have some villas. I am considering going to school in business and maybe go for some hospitality and I could get in on the tourist industry down there. There is a hotel that just opened up on the south coast (where we want to live)...huge hotel...don't remember what it is called though...anyone know?

Well anyways that is where I would love to work...somewhere in HR or Management :yes:

We have an amazing network in this thread...we all have or have connections to various areas of expertise. We need to make a VJ-Yardie Yellow Pages! :yes::yes:

What a great idea!!! :thumbs:

Edited by Jme3584

Filed: Other Timeline

We're still unsure of where in the US we will settle to live and start our family (he likes it here, I want to move toward the East coast, but not sure of the snow :unsure:). I know that where I live now it costs anywhere from $395,000 - 500,000 to own a three bedroom two bathroom home, so I know I won't be buying here

You could get that and more here for that price..David want to move to LA to work and make money...Most nursing agencies will pay our expenses but how long will that last I keep telling him.....It cost to live there,I keep telling him. We are still looking in to it, but with the goals he has we need to stay right here. We can get a nice house for about $150,000-200,000$. We could never own a house there. It would be nice to live there for a few years tho. I want to start buliding a house..room.... what ever in JA as soon as we can.

:yes:

Edited by Dee&Dav

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.