aussiewench

Yardies, at home and a farrin'

5,682 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good morning everyone!

I don't want to add fuel to the fire, but I feel that the comment regarding Jojo's decision was a bit insensitive. We (boardies) are all outsiders looking in, and while we are entitled to our opinions, only Jojo and Adrian know the true dynamics of their relationship. Whether she gave him $800 or $8,000, it still wouldn't change the fact that:

1. Something inside her felt that the marriage should not happen

2. Adrian knew something was wrong, because (based on her reply yesterday) he kept asking how she "really" felt

Would it be best if she married him, then say - three months later, she divorced him? If the end result for them was separation, it would still hurt, no matter when in the relationship it took place.

This thread was created as a place where we could share our visa journey, but over the past year has grown to a place where friendships have been created, support has been given, prayers have been exchanged, and just a place where everyone (yardies and non yardies) would come and feel positive vibes.

I don't mean to ruffle feathers, but want to remind everyone of the true purpose of being here on this forum.

I hope that what occurred doesn't discourage anyone to post, as we all benefit from each other here. Let's keep things on a good note (F)

dutty winin back out :lol:

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

:lol: dutty wining backout - ok Lady Saw's gonna put that on her next CD - but it seems more like a soca hit...

dutty wining backout - bachanal, bachanal time! :lol:

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

Filed: Other Timeline

Hey all (L)

Just came back from David's doctor's appointment. Of course there is nothing wrong with him he needs to just stop scarfing down so much food at once. :hehe::blink: I tell you this man has had more test done since he's gotten here, more than I have had in this life. :wacko:

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Timeline
:lol: dutty wining backout - ok Lady Saw's gonna put that on her next CD - but it seems more like a soca hit...

dutty wining backout - bachanal, bachanal time! :lol:

Listening to Dancehall FM24/7 right now and they have a soca riddim to dancehall artists..right now Elephant Man :dance::dance: (that's as close as these will get to dancing)

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

K-1 and AOS

-----------

Live your life!

Timeline
Hey all (L)

Just came back from David's doctor's appointment. Of course there is nothing wrong with him he needs to just stop scarfing down so much food at once. :hehe::blink: I tell you this man has had more test done since he's gotten here, more than I have had in this life. :wacko:

Great news!! Said in a bajan accent (if you ever heard it) "Well I glaaaad to hear all dah wus troublin Dave was jus gyyaaaaass from de mountai' ah rice an yam he de put away" :lol::lol:

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

Filed: Timeline
Good morning everyone!

I don't want to add fuel to the fire, but I feel that the comment regarding Jojo's decision was a bit insensitive. We (boardies) are all outsiders looking in, and while we are entitled to our opinions, only Jojo and Adrian know the true dynamics of their relationship. Whether she gave him $800 or $8,000, it still wouldn't change the fact that:

2. Adrian knew something was wrong, because (based on her reply yesterday) he kept asking how she "really" felt

Would it be best if she married him, then say - three months later, she divorced him? If the end result for them was separation, it would still hurt, no matter when in the relationship it took place.

This thread was created as a place where we could share our visa journey, but over the past year has grown to a place where friendships have been created, support has been given, prayers have been exchanged, and just a place where everyone (yardies and non yardies) would come and feel positive vibes.

I don't mean to ruffle feathers, but want to remind everyone of the true purpose of being here on this forum.

I hope that what occurred doesn't discourage anyone to post, as we all benefit from each other here. Let's keep things on a good note (F)

:thumbs::thumbs:

Timeline
Well I glaaaad to hear all dah wus troublin Dave was jus gyyaaaaass from de mountai' ah rice an yam he de put away :lol::lol:

LOL! tell him to get some gripe wata (he'll know what it is) - used for babies but should work same way to knock the gas outta his belly

New discussion question:

Who plans to (eventually) move to Jamaica? How long do you think it will take you to get things together to do so?

K-1 and AOS

-----------

Live your life!

Timeline
New discussion question:

Who plans to (eventually) move to Jamaica? How long do you think it will take you to get things together to do so?

Moving to JA is a long range fantasy, but one we indulge in daily. We dream of doing it in 10 years.

If we employ the Squittos guerrilla savings plan and what Anna's parents did (build a room or two at a time), we should be able to do it). Henry misses his farm so much.

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Good morning everyone!

Well said :luv: This thread has been a true blessing.

Jonesie - We would love to move to JA in 10 years or so. It will take that long to save money to move.

Good morning everyone!

Well put...... not to ruffle any more feathers but ..I agree with Squitto and Jonesie. :blush: but for the most part I feel that your decision was a bit insisivite as well...but I don't know the whole story, I'm only an outsider looking in.. and don't feel obligated Joanna...but I could better understand If I/ we knew the whole story....You don't just fall out of love with a person.....I'm sure that your are hurting but I really feel bad for Adrian right now It's scary out there as it is... esp not knowing what he did or did not do. Agreed. I also think that it's better now vs later. Like I said before only you know your heart. I wouldn't think about marry a man that I wasn't in love with.

Timeline

New discussion question:

Moving to JA is a long range fantasy, but one we indulge in daily. We dream of doing it in 10 years.

If we employ the Squittos guerrilla savings plan and what Anna's parents did (build a room or two at a time), we should be able to do it). Henry misses his farm so much.

We're looking at 10 years (ideal) to 15 years (:() to move back. During our time here we hope to:

- Have kids

- Finish our college degrees

- Save a ton of money

- Start building a house, and investing in rental properties for tourists to generate extra income

- Start plans for owning and running our own business in Jamaica

Building one room at a time is smart; and since we won't be living there anytime soon I guess that is something I can start talking to him about. His father makes gorgeous wood furniture so we don't have to worry about furnishings for our place :thumbs:

K-1 and AOS

-----------

Live your life!

Timeline

New discussion question:

We're looking at 10 years (ideal) to 15 years (:() to move back. During our time here we hope to:

- Have kids

- Finish our college degrees

- Save a ton of money

- Start building a house, and investing in rental properties for tourists to generate extra income

- Start plans for owning and running our own business in Jamaica

Building one room at a time is smart; and since we won't be living there anytime soon I guess that is something I can start talking to him about. His father makes gorgeous wood furniture so we don't have to worry about furnishings for our place :thumbs:

We have an amazing network in this thread...we all have or have connections to various areas of expertise. We need to make a VJ-Yardie Yellow Pages! :yes::yes:

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Timeline

One of my fantasy properties...

St. Mary - $350,000 US - $22,400,000 JA :blink:

fr-road.jpg

ground-fl-verandah.jpg

hse-fr-pool.jpg

pool-and-sea-beyond.jpg

two-car-garage.jpg

Edited by Jonesie

K-1 and AOS

-----------

Live your life!

Well I glaaaad to hear all dah wus troublin Dave was jus gyyaaaaass from de mountai' ah rice an yam he de put away :lol::lol:

LOL! tell him to get some gripe wata (he'll know what it is) - used for babies but should work same way to knock the gas outta his belly

New discussion question:

:lol::lol: I'll be sure to tell him...When the guy was doing the ultrasound he was amazed at how much gas was in his belly :unsure:

WE want to move back to JA...I'm sure it will take 10-15 years as well to save up enough money and have a house completed....I saw a billboard advertising a gated community in Negril....I think it would be nice to live there but I could happy with a hut on the hills tho.

Not... yet checking prices on getting my natral hair twisted, last lady wanted 50$ that's not bad I think I'll go with it :thumbs:

Filed: Timeline

New discussion question:

Eventually that is the plan, though we haven't put a time table on it :whistle:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.