aussiewench

Yardies, at home and a farrin'

5,682 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Good morning everyone!!!!!

Joanna i hope things will go better today...it is a new day!!!! (L)

i have a question....who didn't fly with their fiance??? did they have any problems going through customs??

I didn't fly in with Anthony (his visa didn't come through until after I left). He flew in to JFK and didn't have any problems.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Other Timeline

i have a question....who didn't fly with their fiance??? did they have any problems going through customs??

I did not fly with David He did not have any problems. POE was in ATL :D

Thanks...i think i am just stressing toooo much....i just need for all of this to be over.....did david have a problem filling out any of the forms?? mike's reading is anything but perfect and that kinda has me worried as well....anyone have any tips on how to help him with the forms??? i found a form online for customs but couldn't find one for immigration....

YES , your stressing out... please don't worry..but we were all there at some point. I don't think that there are very many forms...If so they must not have been too bad cause David would have mentioned it to me.

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Welcome Home Adrian!!! Dont worry girl things will work out. Dont stress out. Take one day at a time and remember how much work you have done to be with each other. Have faith in yoursleves and your beliefs and dont let society, family, or friends intrude into what you know is true!

Oneil's brother arrived!!! (Danika and Morris) Yeah we had a surprise party for him last night. It was a good time and Im way way way tired. Oneil ran to his brother and gave him a huge hug. It was very cute.

Good advice :yes:

Welcome home Morris!!

********************************************************************************

Also congrats to the graduate!! Lee (Tank) is a proud mother today as her son graduates from high school :star:. She is beaming, or shall I say bursting, at the seams with pride!!

Ditto. Everything will work out eventually Joanna.

Hello everyone.

Nannygirl - Damien flew to the US alone with no problems. It was his first time flying.

Filed: Country: Guyana
Timeline
Good Morning (F)

I hate to kill the mood so early in the morning but we got some bad news last night. Our beloved pastor in Jamaica died. He was the one who took Andre in and trained him up in church, his son and Andre are the best of friends. This is also the man who took me in and allowed me to stay in his home for months at a time and watched out for me. He taught me the ways of Jamaica and the ways of God. I was baptized in his church and truly came to know God through this man and his preaching. He had been sick for many years with strokes and other ailments but no one saw this coming...he had been hanging on for so long.

To make things even harder on his family (he has 11 children) one of his daughters and her husband gave birth to their first baby only hours after he was gone. So if you could all please say a prayer for their family and the community as well as Andre and myself. It is really hard to go through this 3,000 miles away and as much as we would like to go down for the funeral we don't have the funds nor does Andre have his greencard. Thanks in advance for the prayers...I know they will be powerful (L)

Jamie

Jamie, was so sorry to hear this, our thoughts and prayers are with you during this time.

Just catching up, been up to the river mowing, planting and taking care of stuff so am seriously behind...

Jill - listen lady, there is NO way you can marry a Guyanese or a Trini and not get used to "mix up food" LOL The trini staple pelau is a pot of rice with everything thrown in. I love it - in Guyana its called cook up - its my favorite. On a separate note, I read of a Trinidadian entreprenuer who opened a restaurant somewhere in TX and it was a hip beautiful joint and it opened with a buzz, but after a week the place was empty. They tried to determine what went wrong...so the polled the people on the street and former customers. Know what the prob was - some one said - americans do not like their food to touch...stop mixing everything togther. Serve three distinct things on a plate so we can eat them individually. Now to a west indian born and bred - that is just plain dumb. :lol: (Ask Lake about dhal and rice with codfish and spinach!! Mmmmmm)

Anyway, the restauranteur took their "dumb advice" and business boomed!!!

Boy have I ever found THIS to be true, Lake has cook up, boil up, and you name it, and I have a difficult time figuring out which is which. I have really learned to love his cooking tho, darn he is a good cook, no matter what it is. The only thing I hate is all the bones in some of the stuff, we are beginning to compromise on that a bit tho, he will make it boneless or semi boneless just for me, and NOW he will actually eat it too. And that saltfish, how do you guys handle all those bones??? EEEKS.

Timeline

May 15th Lake arrived NYC on tourist visa

6-15-05 Flew NCY to "fetch" Lake for visit here

8-17-05 He Proposed!

8-24-05 MARRIED!

9- 1-05 - SENT AOS, EAD, AP, & ETC

9-12-05 NOA1 - FOR I-130, I-145, & AP, EAD

10-5-05 RFE for Birth C. & medical

10-24-05 GOT LEARNERS PERMIT

11-3-05 DRIVERS LICENSE :)

11-16-05 overnited RFE

11-17-05 Rcvd NOA2 for EAD, bio set for 12-5-05

11-25-05 Recvd AOS bio letter, apptmt for 12-14-05

12-5-05 Biometrics (they did BOTH!)

Infopass, got temp EAD, AP no luck

12-6-05 Applied for SSN, not in system

12-10-05 AP finally arrives!

12-11-05 1 year EAD card!

12-23-05 Interview letter arrives! 3-3-06

1-17-06 SSN arrives!!

3-3-06 Interview-APPROVED! Passport stamped :)

3-14-06 Green card arrives!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good morning everyone. Have a great day :)! Hope you gals had a good weekend.

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good morning all!!

Happy Monday!!!

Joanna-

Hope all is going better for you today!

Talk with you later!!!!

CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE: www.embassyart.homestead.com

SEE K-1 TIME LINE IN MY PROFILE

.....INTERVIEW JULY 10, 2006-APPROVED

07/19/06-Duane flew home to the USA-FINALLY!!!!!!!

08/17/06-DUANE AND KIM GOT MARRIED

PART 2 BEGINS

09/20/06- EAD/AOS Mailed to Chicago Today..........Here we go again!!!

10/13/06- Biometric appointment-San Francisco

12/07/06- AOS Interview-San Francisco

CAUGHT IN FBI NAME CHECK DELAY

04/23/07-Received AOS Approval E-Mail

04/25/07-Received CARD Production E-mail

WAITING FOR GREEN CARD TO ARRIVE.......

Timeline

Good morning all.

Congrats Lee on your son graduating, what a big day! Also Happy B-day to Kelly, or belated birthday, I am a little behind.

Welcome home to Adrian!

And Joanna, here's hoping for a great day for you. (F)

As far as the updated pregnancy list...well, I MIGHT need to be moved back up the list. :huh::unsure: I am a couple days late and I am NEVER late. Sigh....

I was joking around with Lake the other day about him helping take care of Kelynn and I was telling him I was gonna let HIM change the diapers when we had to babysit...he said HIS diaper changing days were OVER... :lol: ooops, mebbe NOT!!!

Timeline

8-17-05 He Proposed!

8-24-05 MARRIED!

11-16-05 overnited RFE

1-17-06 SSN arrives!!

Good day all (F)

I was laughing so hard this morning. We usually have green tea in the morning... D went out for chinese on Friday for lunch..by Friday night-sat morn he was having loose stools... so all day sat and sun..sweetie has been sitting on the thrown he called it.LOL Calling me at work cause hes so sick :lol: So this morning he's still having loose stools. As I'm making breakfast, he starts to make tea...i'm like no don't use that one, he's like why...i'm like thats my diet tea it cleans you out..you'll be pooping all day.....we both started cracking up laughing all this time I though he had food poisoning. He's been drinking this tea all weekend to get is strengh back up :yes::lol::no::no:

Edited by Dee&Dav

Filed: Timeline

Good morning and happy Monday VJ Yardie fam! :luv: I have several pages to cyatch up on. Soon come...

Stone Love comin out here on Memorial Day

I need a dutty wine smily :lol:

I have that Monday and Tuesday off it's time to kick it :yes: !

Me step inna di club, a dance rub a dub

An di gyal a come wine up on me

Mi stan so tall back against the wall

And now she start climb up pon me

yow, i laff till i weak di odda night when mi figure out whe him a seh inna verse 2:

"#### pon di dressa and bruk up figurine" :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

GASP :o:o Clutch my pearls.

wwaiieee :lol::lol:

Have a good weekend!

Adrian, welcome

See you all Monday!

I wonder which selecta is going to be in CA b/c Stone Love is also playing in NY that weekend. I hope Billy Slaughter or Niko Bam Bam will be in NY.

Geefus is my favorite :yes:

Hello everyone...

Adrian is now home :thumbs:

Yay! Welcome Adrian :P

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey everyone!

Welcome Adrian :) and Jojo calm ya nerves! You two will be fine :)

Our Biometrics ordeal

Our appointment letter said 10am but I wanted to get there early. Instead of the appt. being in San Francisco (where our district office is) they send us to Oakland - straight gully and hood. We're looking for the place, and it's right across the street from the beauty supply warehouse :lol:.

We walk in at 9:15am, and the place is a mess. Some of the vertical blinds are missing, mismatched plastic chairs, and a black man at a desk (security with no gun, just a flashlight) and on his desk: pencils, wait numbers, mechanical pencil sharpener, clipboard and forms, and a nasty dutty phone. He gives us pencil, clipboard, number (we're #40) and tells us to have a seat.

After we fill out the form, number 27 is called. So we're bored and waiting. We get called at 9:30am (thank goodness we got here early) and he goes upstairs. I sit and wait. This tv on a cart is showing the 24th Olympiad (rrrrooollliinnn) so I'm watchin Flo Jo and J. Joyner-Kersee take the gold (JA came in second) and more waiting. About 20 people come in and take a number around this time.

About 9:50 he comes back downstairs, and everything is good. He says "rass" when he sees how many people have come in since he went upstairs - my assumption is that their letters said 10am also.

Thank you to everyone that said to arrive early - we didn't even spend an hour there. So now it's time to wait for the card :(

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Filed: Timeline

Stone Love comin out here on Memorial Day

I need a dutty wine smily :lol:

I have that Monday and Tuesday off it's time to kick it :yes: !

Me step inna di club, a dance rub a dub

An di gyal a come wine up on me

Mi stan so tall back against the wall

And now she start climb up pon me

yow, i laff till i weak di odda night when mi figure out whe him a seh inna verse 2:

"#### pon di dressa and bruk up figurine" :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

:lol: How do you say you girls are a mess ?????? :lol:

I know...I got it.....dem gal a mess dem :lol::lol:

Dee, ur hilarious :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Hello,

Well Adrian and I had a good morning, but then in the afternoon I freaked out and told him i wanted to call off the wedding :help: ...I told him I would get him a flight out tomorrow morning.....but after my freak out we went over to my parents house and had a talk with them...we are better now, we went and rented a couple movies and Adrian drove home from blockbusters (his 1st time driving in the US) he did Ok I just had to tell him which side of the road to stay on :whistle: .

We just had a talk with one of his close friends also and I told her what my fears where and now she is talking to him....she is Jamaican married to an american and she understood what kinda what I am going through....

All is ok right now...I dont think I can go through anymore freaks outs with out ending up a crazy person :lol:

(I know Mindy you already think I am a crazy person!!! but you know it takes one to know one :lol: )

Rhonda, I really hope things get better with you and Tony, if you need to vent you know my number

Until later, Joanna

Please forgive me for saying this, but you honestly sound like you need some time to evaluate your present situation. Maybe you should cancel your big wedding and wait out the 90 days to decide if this is really in fact what you want for yourself. Marriage is not something to jump into without being prepared. If you decide to go through with it, have a small intimate civil ceremony and then plan your big one and give yourself time to have the wedding that you really want. That way you will not feel rushed. Just my two cents.... :whistle:

:ot: OFF Topic...

For those of you who have husbands who are working... how did your husband adjusting to paying bills. How easily was it for them to move in to the bill paying mode. How do you split up the bill paying? Just wondering how or whats the easiest way to add responsibility to the other half....Also what if you brought home more than enough money to pay all or most of the bills with money left over? How much shock were they in when they realize that most of your money goes to bill paying vs saving ect.

Can't wait to hear your input :thumbs:

Dee

My jamacian views living below his standards as:

Eating "bread" sandwiches for lunch daily....he'd rather have cold left over boiled dumplin with no way to warm it up :blink:

31 year old man with no savings as a "workless mon" :blink:

going more than two days without saltfish :wacko:

Of course having his wife take care of him :wacko:.....like I wouldn't rather have him pay all the bills :wacko:

......just my recent list of complaints.

Squito has not yet started working and his savings that he came with has pretty much evaporated. We're down to living on one income and even though it's difficult, we're managing. Honestly, once this big wedding is over things will be MUCH easier for us. The pay increase I got with this new job has really made things a lot more manageable. We've decided that since we've grown accustomed to living on just my income, we'll continue to live like this and bank his entire check. Because we've decided to go on this guerilla-savings plan, we hope to have a down payment to buy a house in the next two years. Hopefully sooner than later...we hope to be in a new home by January 2008 :yes:

Good morning everyone!!!!!

Joanna i hope things will go better today...it is a new day!!!! (L)

Squito had no problems at all. He flew right through customs and immigration. It lasted less than 5 minutes all together!!

Good day all (F)

I was laughing so hard this morning. We usually have green tea in the morning... D went out for chinese on Friday for lunch..by Friday night-sat morn he was having loose stools... so all day sat and sun..sweetie has been sitting on the thrown he called it.LOL Calling me at work cause hes so sick :lol: So this morning he's still having loose stools. As I'm making breakfast, he starts to make tea...i'm like no don't use that one, he's like why...i'm like thats my diet tea it cleans you out..you'll be pooping all day.....we both started cracking up laughing all this time I though he had food poisoning. He's been drinking this tea all weekend to get is strengh back up :yes::lol::no::no:

you two sound like Squito and I...we talk about the weirdest things sometimes :lol::lol::lol::lol: it's great to be that close to somebody :yes:

Timeline

Dee, may I ask, what kind of tea is that, every once in a while it would be nice to have something like that.?

Isnt it funny sometimes some of the things our men are not familiar with, I am always having to tell Lake, NO, dont use that one, ...etc, just cuz they are unfamiliar with all the assortments of stuff we have!

He had never seen kleenex before he came here, the first time I grabbed one for a tearjerker movie, and started to move it toward my face, he said, "What do you do with that...EAT it????" I bout died laughin. :lol::lol:

Oh and I forgot to tell you all, since I was not home this weekend, Kelynn, my grand niece, was sent home from the hospital this weekend and she is doing great! AND...she has another ultrasound for her brain on Friday, but the last one looked like things were healing up on that blood vessel...THANKS so much for all the prayers and well wishes...I think she heard them! :thumbs:

Timeline

8-17-05 He Proposed!

8-24-05 MARRIED!

11-16-05 overnited RFE

1-17-06 SSN arrives!!

Happy Monday everyone!! Hope it's a great week all-around!! :dance:

Joanna -- Maybe postposing the wedding is not such a bad idea.....you can always reschedule. Maybe the stress of it all is what's getting to you.

Dee -- I think Roy is just going to hand me money.....he sits there (now) and watches me writing checks with a blank look on his face. He says in JA you go and stand in line to pay your bills

Nannygirl -- Roy flew by himself and had no problems getting through customs & immigration. I went over it with him about 100 times.....I also filled out the forms for him (got copies when I went for the interview) so he didn't have to worry when he got on the plane. I showed him where to check if the forms had changed (I was there in the beginning of December and he was flying in the beginning of January...just in case). I was really worried but it was a breeze -- he came through in Chicago

Sarah -- Congratulations and Welcome to Morris!! :dance:

Lee -- Yipee!! :dance::jest:

Jonesie -- Same thing as us....we were #38 :lol:

Please forgive me for saying this, but you honestly sound like you need some time to evaluate your present situation. Maybe you should cancel your big wedding and wait out the 90 days to decide if this is really in fact what you want for yourself. Marriage is not something to jump into without being prepared. If you decide to go through with it, have a small intimate civil ceremony and then plan your big one and give yourself time to have the wedding that you really want. That way you will not feel rushed. Just my two cents.... :whistle:
I agree.....
Kelynn, my grand niece, was sent home from the hospital this weekend and she is doing great! AND...she has another ultrasound for her brain on Friday, but the last one looked like things were healing up on that blood vessel
That's absolutely wonderful....congratulations!!! (L)

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Dee, may I ask, what kind of tea is that, every once in a while it would be nice to have something like that.?

Isnt it funny sometimes some of the things our men are not familiar with, I am always having to tell Lake, NO, dont use that one, ...etc, just cuz they are unfamiliar with all the assortments of stuff we have!

He had never seen kleenex before he came here, the first time I grabbed one for a tearjerker movie, and started to move it toward my face, he said, "What do you do with that...EAT it????" I bout died laughin. :lol::lol:

That's funny...We still laugh about tissue...he calls it paper :lol:

It's called "Green Fresh" herbal dieter's tea...extra strenght :lol: might I add..he had ###### till it was clear :lol::hehe:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.