aussiewench

Yardies, at home and a farrin'

5,682 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Welcome Home Adrian-

So...nobody explained what a biometrics appointment is......I feel soooo lost!!! :huh:

Good morning. They take your picture, fingerprints, height, eye color, etc. It only takes 5 minutes to complete. You have to have it done for your EAD and AOS most places do it both in one appointment. Damien had it done twice because he had two EADs.

I HAVE OFF TODAY....1st time in 3 weeks....it is so nice to not deal with kids for 2 days... :dance::dance:

kim call me...i promise i will be awake...haha :hehe:

Enjoy your weekend off.

Michele - enjoy the play. Have a wonderful time.

Thank YOU so much...... Each time I heard one of you talk about it, it kinda had me freaked out because it sounded so technical and scary!! Now I know what it means.......

Yes Shauna- I will call you later........I am at work from 7:00am-6:00pm today.....overtime.......can't cpmplain casue I need to save as much $$$$$ as possible for all this stuff coming up soon!!

I know ALL of you can RELATE!!!!!!!!!!! :P

Have a great weekend everyone!!

Likkle MO-

CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE: www.embassyart.homestead.com

SEE K-1 TIME LINE IN MY PROFILE

.....INTERVIEW JULY 10, 2006-APPROVED

07/19/06-Duane flew home to the USA-FINALLY!!!!!!!

08/17/06-DUANE AND KIM GOT MARRIED

PART 2 BEGINS

09/20/06- EAD/AOS Mailed to Chicago Today..........Here we go again!!!

10/13/06- Biometric appointment-San Francisco

12/07/06- AOS Interview-San Francisco

CAUGHT IN FBI NAME CHECK DELAY

04/23/07-Received AOS Approval E-Mail

04/25/07-Received CARD Production E-mail

WAITING FOR GREEN CARD TO ARRIVE.......

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Biometrics are done....it was a breeze!! I swear, Roy was with the guy for only 90 seconds....too bad we had to wait 45 minutes to get to that point. Now it's back to watching the mailbox for the EAD....

:dance: Adrian, so glad you are home safe and sound!!! Welcome!!! :dance:

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

I'm here at work again - not happy about it at all :angry:

It's been pretty quiet in here since yesterday. Where is everybody? :unsure: I'm stuck here til midnight and it's only a little after 4:30pm now :crying: To top it off, Tony is being a jerk again :bonk: He got a speeding ticket today and he's blaming me for it :o I was at home, asleep when it happened :angry: He is so impossible.

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Congrats Adrian welcome home. This most be an exciting time. Best wishes to you guys!! To the rest of your lives together :) Cheers

Well I just spend my whole day training to teach summer school. The lady was like you can make this and that and it only cost 90 cents. 90 cents here and there adds up.. Ugh Im working summer school because I need the extra cash.. I spend enough of my own money during the year. Sorry to go off.

Now I am off to a retirement party and then a bachelorette party. I can not wait for tommorow to relax at least one minute.

Have a good weekend everyone!

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: Timeline

Hello,

Well Adrian and I had a good morning, but then in the afternoon I freaked out and told him i wanted to call off the wedding :help: ...I told him I would get him a flight out tomorrow morning.....but after my freak out we went over to my parents house and had a talk with them...we are better now, we went and rented a couple movies and Adrian drove home from blockbusters (his 1st time driving in the US) he did Ok I just had to tell him which side of the road to stay on :whistle: .

We just had a talk with one of his close friends also and I told her what my fears where and now she is talking to him....she is Jamaican married to an american and she understood what kinda what I am going through....

All is ok right now...I dont think I can go through anymore freaks outs with out ending up a crazy person :lol:

(I know Mindy you already think I am a crazy person!!! but you know it takes one to know one :lol: )

Rhonda, I really hope things get better with you and Tony, if you need to vent you know my number

Until later, Joanna

Edited by jkb919

10/25/2005 - I-129F packet mailed to TSC

11/03/2005 - NOA 1 from CSC

11/07/2005 - Check cashed

02/03/2006 - NOA2 by e-mail

05/03/2006 - Leave for Jamaica

05/09/2006 - Interview "VISA APPROVED"

05/15/2006 - Return from Jamaica

05/22/2006 - Called off the wedding and Adrian left

Filed: Other Timeline

Well Adrian and I had a good morning, but then in the afternoon I freaked out and told him i wanted to call off the wedding :help: ...I told him I would get him a flight out tomorrow morning.....

Sorry to hear....Joanna :crying: I hope everything is okay now.....honestly what is bothering you?? Are you just not ready yet??? Is he doing or saying something to make you unhappy???? Well just sit in a closet all to yourself and pray about it. If you are not ready your not ready..but....I'm not sure what to say but I wish you both the best. :blush:

Edited by Dee&Dav

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

:ot: OFF Topic...

For those of you who have husbands who are working... how did your husband adjusting to paying bills. How easily was it for them to move in to the bill paying mode. How do you split up the bill paying? Just wondering how or whats the easiest way to add responsibility to the other half....Also what if you brought home more than enough money to pay all or most of the bills with money left over? How much shock were they in when they realize that most of your money goes to bill paying vs saving ect.

Can't wait to hear your input :thumbs:

Dee

My jamacian views living below his standards as:

Eating "bread" sandwiches for lunch daily....he'd rather have cold left over boiled dumplin with no way to warm it up :blink:

31 year old man with no savings as a "workless mon" :blink:

going more than two days without saltfish :wacko:

Of course having his wife take care of him :wacko:.....like I wouldn't rather have him pay all the bills :wacko:

......just my recent list of complaints.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hello,

Well Adrian and I had a good morning, but then in the afternoon I freaked out and told him i wanted to call off the wedding :help: ...I told him I would get him a flight out tomorrow morning.....but after my freak out we went over to my parents house and had a talk with them...we are better now, we went and rented a couple movies and Adrian drove home from blockbusters (his 1st time driving in the US) he did Ok I just had to tell him which side of the road to stay on :whistle: .

We just had a talk with one of his close friends also and I told her what my fears where and now she is talking to him....she is Jamaican married to an american and she understood what kinda what I am going through....

All is ok right now...I dont think I can go through anymore freaks outs with out ending up a crazy person :lol:

(I know Mindy you already think I am a crazy person!!! but you know it takes one to know one :lol: )

Rhonda, I really hope things get better with you and Tony, if you need to vent you know my number

Until later, Joanna

Joanna, I hope things work out for you. I understand what you are going through. We can only take our fears to God and he will take care of us. Love you (L)

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Welcome Home Adrian!!! Dont worry girl things will work out. Dont stress out. Take one day at a time and remember how much work you have done to be with each other. Have faith in yoursleves and your beliefs and dont let society, family, or friends intrude into what you know is true!

Oneil's brother arrived!!! (Danika and Morris) Yeah we had a surprise party for him last night. It was a good time and Im way way way tired. Oneil ran to his brother and gave him a huge hug. It was very cute.

9/06/05 I-129F sent to Nebraska

01/27/06 Received VISA!!

01/28/06 Flew home to MSP!! (POE)

(To see details go to Our Story)

4/24/06 Mailed AOS package to Chicago

5/4/06 EAD Check Cashed

5/9/06 AOS Check Cashed!!!

6/30/06 Work Permit should have been here but mailman sent it back on accident.

9/07/06 InfoPass appointment to expedite new Work Permit and Fingerprints.

09/09/06 Fingerprints

10/01/06 EAD arrives

12/6/06 AOS Interview!! Done for 2 years.

10/22/08 Received I-751

10/24/08 Cashed check

10/29/08 Received NOA1

06/01/09 Permanent Green Card received and conditions Removed

WE ARE DONE!

Welcome Home Adrian!!! Dont worry girl things will work out. Dont stress out. Take one day at a time and remember how much work you have done to be with each other. Have faith in yoursleves and your beliefs and dont let society, family, or friends intrude into what you know is true!

Oneil's brother arrived!!! (Danika and Morris) Yeah we had a surprise party for him last night. It was a good time and Im way way way tired. Oneil ran to his brother and gave him a huge hug. It was very cute.

Good advice :yes:

Welcome home Morris!!

********************************************************************************

Also congrats to the graduate!! Lee (Tank) is a proud mother today as her son graduates from high school :star:. She is beaming, or shall I say bursting, at the seams with pride!!

Hello all....today is not going very well....I will keep ya'll updated

10/25/2005 - I-129F packet mailed to TSC

11/03/2005 - NOA 1 from CSC

11/07/2005 - Check cashed

02/03/2006 - NOA2 by e-mail

05/03/2006 - Leave for Jamaica

05/09/2006 - Interview "VISA APPROVED"

05/15/2006 - Return from Jamaica

05/22/2006 - Called off the wedding and Adrian left

Hello all....today is not going very well....I will keep ya'll updated

Sorry to hear Joanna. Please don't do anything drastic yet. Perhaps you both need a little time apart for some serious soul searching? Whatever you decide please think don't make any rash decisions. Take your time and think things through and think of the implications for both of your futures.

i have a question....who didn't fly with their fiance??? did they have any problems going through customs??

I did not fly with David He did not have any problems. POE was in ATL :D

Congrats.....How long did it take to process his visa...what kind did get again???

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

i have a question....who didn't fly with their fiance??? did they have any problems going through customs??

I did not fly with David He did not have any problems. POE was in ATL :D

Congrats.....How long did it take to process his visa...what kind did get again???

Thanks...i think i am just stressing toooo much....i just need for all of this to be over.....did david have a problem filling out any of the forms?? mike's reading is anything but perfect and that kinda has me worried as well....anyone have any tips on how to help him with the forms??? i found a form online for customs but couldn't find one for immigration....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.