aussiewench

Yardies, at home and a farrin'

5,682 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Don't worry Jonesie! We can move you above Squitto so that you are still #5 :yes: Anything to keep everyone happy :whistle::lol:

Noooo...you can move me down some more! :lol:

No, you said 5 is your lucky number :P I'll just switch you w/ Squitto :whistle: Here's the new, updated list:

Tenika

Jax (BelwinMills)

Elizabeth

Jill (thndrdancr)

Jonesie

Squitto

Shemanya (sbj_1221)

Doodle

Dee

Mindy

Jamie

Joanna

Rhonda

Kelly & Anna (after your men get here )

Kim & nannygirl - soon come!

If anyone else would like to move towards the top of the Pregnancy list, let me know :lol: There are plenty of people willing to give up their spots and move toward the bottom :P

That is a wonderful list :lol: We need some new members to get this list even longer :yes:

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Don't worry Jonesie! We can move you above Squitto so that you are still #5 :yes: Anything to keep everyone happy :whistle::lol:

No, you said 5 is your lucky number :P I'll just switch you w/ Squitto :whistle: Here's the new, updated list:

Tenika

Jax (BelwinMills)

Elizabeth

Jill (thndrdancr)

Jonesie

Squitto

Shemanya (sbj_1221)

Doodle

Dee

Mindy

Jamie

Joanna

Rhonda

If anyone else would like to move towards the top of the Pregnancy list, let me know :lol: There are plenty of people willing to give up their spots and move toward the bottom :P

Cho!

Mi beg yuh fi move mi - a gi yuh $1000JA fi dweet :blush:

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Timeline
Random...

Has anyone heard from Rita?? :huh:

Ms. S - I spoke to Rita a few weeks ago. Actually I tried to call her last night but Tashi said she was at work and to call back Thursday. She is working around the clock. Her home computer crashed and there's a block on her work computer. I'll let her know she is missed (L)

Timeline

EVERYONE...

needs to go though Kelly AKA Luvstravlin for ALL of there plane tickets and hotel bookings!!! she is great at what she does and really knows her stuff!!!! i give her 5 stars :star::star::star::star::star:

Yes, we're all well aware of what Kelly is capable of ;) Unfortunately, she couldn't beat my $50 a night hotel in Ocho Rios right on the ocean :P You stay 6 nights and get the 7th night free so an entire week only costs $300!

Where did you get such a deal? I am going the end of July and have been searching desperately for something reasonable. I will be forever grateful to you.

WE ARE DONE!!!

Timeline

Cho!

I will do it for you ;) It will only cost $900JA :whistle: Don't tell Rhonda :secret: She never has to know :innocent:

Tonks

slipping Jamie money...walking away

:whistle:

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

K-1 and AOS

-----------

Live your life!

Filed: Other Timeline
Since the weather is changing and all (it's getting nice out), I was thinking let's plan a get together. I know that everyone won't be able to attend as we're not all in the same place, but what about some of us east coast people meet up for some drinks, food and chattin' (God know we have tons to chat about :P ).

Can I get a roll call of all the members in the Tri-State area????

Ms Squitto - Brooklyn, USA - PRESENT!

:lol::lol:

I hope everyone had a good day (F) I played school nurse at my daughters school today. It was quite interesting.

David is crabby AGAIN :angry: He's living below his standards rey, rey, rey!!!!!I'm about sick of the complaining.

David is off to GED class I need a fish and coconut milk recipe...I'm supposed to simmer it down in the milk??? anyone know???/

Since the weather is changing and all (it's getting nice out), I was thinking let's plan a get together. I know that everyone won't be able to attend as we're not all in the same place, but what about some of us east coast people meet up for some drinks, food and chattin' (God know we have tons to chat about :P ).

Can I get a roll call of all the members in the Tri-State area????

Ms Squitto - Brooklyn, USA - PRESENT!

Marsha-Harlem (Manhattan)/Brooklyn

present

I wanted to know have any of ou ladies sent anything via the post office down to Jamaica.

I sent down two computer items for my husband ( I need him to get back online I can't stand not speakingot him on a regular) at the beginning of the month and it was suppose to reach in about 4 days I sent it Global priority/express gurantee with insurance, but up till now it has not reached him. It is in Jamaica but at the Customs. Can anyone tell me how to get in touch with the customs office to find out what is the deal?

I am thinking that the customs is holding on to it because the think it has some terrorist information on it, but that would be far from true, it is a brand new memory and harddrive still in the sealed case. Next time I will be sening things by DHL Fedex tried to charge me over a $100.

Thanks in advance.

WE tried to mail a watch and CD's... throught UPS...I'm sure they were stolen(our things that is) they just gave up the run around, it was delivered rey, rey rey. :angry: Thank goodness we insured it, we got our money back. :blush:

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Timeline

Dee check your pm

Good night everyone. Be safe. Manana (F)

K-1 and AOS

-----------

Live your life!

Hi,

I was going over the I129F gudes and realized that I did not do somethign correctly. I maield the I129F packet from the post office priority mail with delivery confirmation bu tthe guides say that 'Mail package with return receipt requested / delivery confirmation. Send via USPS'.

Is that a problem?

I don't think it matters...with one you get a recipt the other you don't...I requested a recipt but never looked at it .....through the post office that is :hehe:

Cho!

I will do it for you ;) It will only cost $900JA :whistle: Don't tell Rhonda :secret: She never has to know :innocent:

Jamie has offered to switch places with Jonesie - isn't that sweet of her? :innocent::P

Tenika

Jax (BelwinMills)

Elizabeth

Jill (thndrdancr)

Jamie

Squitto

Shemanya (sbj_1221)

Doodle

Dee

Mindy

Jonesie

Joanna

Rhonda

:lol::whistle::devil:

Anyone else wanna switch? :devil:

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

EMBASSY HUSTLING

ENTERPRISING MEN HAVE found an innovative way to 'cash in' on the strict rules of the United States Embassy.

Because the embassy does not allow phones, electronic gadgets or anything that could be a potential weapon, another man has found a creative way to help persons who were unaware of this rule. 'Backie' offers what could best be described as a storage service. Instead of having to leave their phones or umbrellas by the road just to get into the embassy, persons can leave them in Backie's care. His fees range from $50 for an umbrella to $100 for a phone. Customers are given a slip with a number that corresponds to their item, which is stored in a bag.

He told THE STAR, "Yeah man, dem can jus ask for Backie, I store all things you can't take on the compound. The policy is honesty and trust." He has been in business since 2003.

BACKIE ..SAVED ME TO!!!!! We amost nuh get through :no::lol: IT was not a laughing matter at the time

All three believe they are offering an important service. "Imagine yu come from Westmoreland an jus because a phone, yu nuh get through," said Backie. .......This was us

Jamaica Star - Wednesday, May 17, 2006

:dance: CONGRATS JAMIE and ANDRE :dance:

Tenika

Jax (BelwinMills)

Elizabeth

Jill (thndrdancr)

Jonesie

Squitto

Shemanya (sbj_1221)

Doodle

Mindy

Jamie

Joanna

Rhonda

DEE :hehe::lol:

That is a wonderful list :lol: We need some new members to get this list even longer :yes:

Edited by Dee&Dav

Where did you get such a deal? I am going the end of July and have been searching desperately for something reasonable. I will be forever grateful to you.

I stay at the Silver Seas in Ochi. It's not very fancy, but it has all your basic necessities. All the rooms have A/C, face the ocean, have a balcony or patio, TV, etc.. The hotel also has a nice pool but the beach area could use some improvement. But it's centrally located so it's close to everything - restaurants, bars, grocery stores, etc..

Like I said though, there's the normal rate and the "Jamaican" rate so try to have your man call to make the reservation. I think normally it's about $70 a night, maybe more. I get it for $50 a night with the 7th night free.

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

Timeline

I stay at the Silver Seas in Ochi. It's not very fancy, but it has all your basic necessities. All the rooms have A/C, face the ocean, have a balcony or patio, TV, etc.. The hotel also has a nice pool but the beach area could use some improvement. But it's centrally located so it's close to everything - restaurants, bars, grocery stores, etc..

Like I said though, there's the normal rate and the "Jamaican" rate so try to have your man call to make the reservation. I think normally it's about $70 a night, maybe more. I get it for $50 a night with the 7th night free.

Thanks. I appreciate the tip. I have another friend of my there checking on some places for me. Definietely the Jamaican rate.... It is the only way to go.

WE ARE DONE!!!

David and I watched a JA movie last night...I enjoyed it so much...that I need you ladies that are going to JA in near future to bring me some JA movies back :yes: I ordered hype TV last night, they will be here to install it tomorrow :thumbs:

Danielle is going to win it :thumbs: ...this is a tuffy tho :huh:

This coconut milk-fish stuff is rather good :P

I take that back "Jonie"is much better :huh:

Now she needs to go get here teeth fixed :D

If he has to change flights then it wasn't meant for him to be on that plane...just take it as a grain of salt and don't stress.

Ditto....Stop stressin (F)

Edited by Dee&Dav

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.