aussiewench

Yardies, at home and a farrin'

5,682 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thanks for the update on Occuhealth, Nannygirl.

Darn! :angry::angry: Just heard the voicemail at OCCUHEALTH that they have shut down. Oh poor Henry will pop a gut...it has been three weeks and now I can't talk to a live person. :crying::crying: Oh well, I guess I will try another one. I can't lose sleeping hunting them down for $35. Whatever.

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I have finally decided Iam doing both K3 and CR1. My husband and I are still in disagreement but I had a nice conversation with Lee yesterday and I took her advice..Thank all you ladies for your kind words. I now realize that I am overreacting about everything and that is due to the Visa process and the distance. I needed to get here for myself . So again thank you all very much, know I am finally posting off this my chest feels so heavy.

I am so happy I made a decision for myself :dance::dance:

Is that how you all felt when you did that???/

I will be back in about 1/2 hour to 45 min .

WE GOT BIOMETRICS APPOINTMENT THIS SATURDAY!

I swear I feel like this is a record that was set...

D said "Baby, the goverment sent me a letter and I have to go on Satdeh"

"What for?" I asked

"Uh...biotr...mi nuh knoa!"

"Biometrics?" I asked him

"Yeah" he said

Me doin the dutty wine in front of the house last night :lol:

Tha is such a typical Jamaican answer :lol::lol: , Congratulations

I do not wish to share any information about this dead end journey.........I have reached my final destination on this train, and it is time for me to get off.

THIS TOO SHALL PASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"If marriage means you fell in love, does divorce mean you climbed out?"

"You never really know a man until you have divorced him."-Zsa Zsa Gabor

"When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favour in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her: then let him write her a bill of divorcement, and give it in her hand, and send her out of his house. And when she is departed out of his house, she may go and be another man's wife." Deuteronomy 24:1-2

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us." - Helen Keller

"Even though you may want to move forward in your life, you may have one foot on the brakes. In order to be free, we must learn how to let go. Release the hurt. Release the fear. Refuse to entertain your old pain. The energy it takes to hang onto the past is holding you back from a new life. What is it you would let go of today?" - Mary Manin Morrissey

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Theresa

I have finally decided Iam doing both K3 and CR1. Is that how you all felt when you did that???

Congratulations on making a decision. I think when you are "in" this process any positive decision you make is a huge step. We will be there for you all the way!! (F)

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Filed: Country: Guyana
Timeline

Congrats on the biometrics on Saturday!

As far as preggers...well...I guess one never knows. I heard on tv (yea like we believe everything we hear) that after 40 there is really only about an 8% chance of getting pregnant. It would be startling for sure, but I stopped bc last September cuz it was making me hurt all over, and I couldnt even turn on the shower without jumping out of my skin. That was about the 3rd one I had tried and I was really out of options. Most all of them have hormones, and they drove my blood sugars over 400 constantly. So I thought to heck with this, if it happens, it happens and the big man upstairs has a way of looking out for me, so....thats the story.

I do hold my breath every month tho, lemme tell ya. But this month I feel weird. Not pregnant, but I sure have been cramping and now my stomach is upset constantly for the last several days and I dont have an appetite, err...r I mean nothing sounds good. The burritto seems to have helped tho. :lol: I got online and read a few early pregnancy stories and some of them felt a lot of cramping the first few weeks. :huh:

Where are all the pregnant woman to tell me bout their first 3 weeks? lol

Timeline

May 15th Lake arrived NYC on tourist visa

6-15-05 Flew NCY to "fetch" Lake for visit here

8-17-05 He Proposed!

8-24-05 MARRIED!

9- 1-05 - SENT AOS, EAD, AP, & ETC

9-12-05 NOA1 - FOR I-130, I-145, & AP, EAD

10-5-05 RFE for Birth C. & medical

10-24-05 GOT LEARNERS PERMIT

11-3-05 DRIVERS LICENSE :)

11-16-05 overnited RFE

11-17-05 Rcvd NOA2 for EAD, bio set for 12-5-05

11-25-05 Recvd AOS bio letter, apptmt for 12-14-05

12-5-05 Biometrics (they did BOTH!)

Infopass, got temp EAD, AP no luck

12-6-05 Applied for SSN, not in system

12-10-05 AP finally arrives!

12-11-05 1 year EAD card!

12-23-05 Interview letter arrives! 3-3-06

1-17-06 SSN arrives!!

3-3-06 Interview-APPROVED! Passport stamped :)

3-14-06 Green card arrives!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

As far as preggers...well...I guess one never knows. I heard on tv (yea like we believe everything we hear) that after 40 there is really only about an 8% chance of getting pregnant. It would be startling for sure, but I stopped bc last September cuz it was making me hurt all over, and I couldnt even turn on the shower without jumping out of my skin. That was about the 3rd one I had tried and I was really out of options. Most all of them have hormones, and they drove my blood sugars over 400 constantly. So I thought to heck with this, if it happens, it happens and the big man upstairs has a way of looking out for me, so....thats the story.

I do hold my breath every month tho, lemme tell ya. But this month I feel weird. Not pregnant, but I sure have been cramping and now my stomach is upset constantly for the last several days and I dont have an appetite, err...r I mean nothing sounds good. The burritto seems to have helped tho. :lol: I got online and read a few early pregnancy stories and some of them felt a lot of cramping the first few weeks. :huh:

Sorry to hear about your bc problems. I know of someone who got violently sick from taking them...not fun at all :no:

Isn't it funny how whenever you have some sort of symptoms you can find something online to convince you that you have something.

A few weeks ago I was really tired, gaining a little weight and all sorts of stuff. I looked up stuff online and determined I was pregnant (even tho I am on bc) or that I had chronic fatigue syndrome. Trust me I was convinced and ready to book an appt. to the doc. Well 3 days later I have my period and am feeling fine...so much for self diagnosis :lol::lol:

There is always some story or some article that makes you positive you are suffering from some ailment :lol:

Filed: Other Timeline
I have finally decided Iam doing both K3 and CR1. My husband and I are still in disagreement but I had a nice conversation with Lee yesterday and I took her advice..Thank all you ladies for your kind words. I now realize that I am overreacting about everything and that is due to the Visa process and the distance. I needed to get here for myself . So again thank you all very much, know I am finally posting off this my chest feels so heavy.

I am so happy I made a decision for myself :dance::dance:

Is that how you all felt when you did that???/

I will be back in about 1/2 hour to 45 min .

WE GOT BIOMETRICS APPOINTMENT THIS SATURDAY!

I swear I feel like this is a record that was set...

D said "Baby, the goverment sent me a letter and I have to go on Satdeh"

"What for?" I asked

"Uh...biotr...mi nuh knoa!"

"Biometrics?" I asked him

"Yeah" he said

Me doin the dutty wine in front of the house last night :lol:

Tha is such a typical Jamaican answer :lol::lol: , Congratulations

hello all :lol: ....That sounded like David's answer when he was trying to read the letter to me :lol:

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Timeline

Sorry to hear about your bc problems. I know of someone who got violently sick from taking them...not fun at all :no:

Isn't it funny how whenever you have some sort of symptoms you can find something online to convince you that you have something.

A few weeks ago I was really tired, gaining a little weight and all sorts of stuff. I looked up stuff online and determined I was pregnant (even tho I am on bc) or that I had chronic fatigue syndrome. Trust me I was convinced and ready to book an appt. to the doc. Well 3 days later I have my period and am feeling fine...so much for self diagnosis :lol::lol:

There is always some story or some article that makes you positive you are suffering from some ailment :lol:

Jamie, lol, I know what ya mean. I get online most of the time for my info. I have been desperately reading about hives and the cause and etc. etc. I still havent come up with a self diagnosis tho, lol.

There are TOO many causes!!!

Timeline

8-17-05 He Proposed!

8-24-05 MARRIED!

11-16-05 overnited RFE

1-17-06 SSN arrives!!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Sorry about the bc problem, I have been off bc fo rover 2 years now( I was alone and then I got married and seems like I am not the most fertile). I too have been having little spells of some things fatigue naseau, bu tfo rthe most part just cravings. I have check online too and fo rsome reason I keep getting a pregnant result as well as stress, I believe it is stress. I finally gave in nad made an appointment.

But yes the internet is something. Have you eer tried the injection ( I did and got fat) but I think other than that it is teh most convenient( spelling).

I am suppose tell you guys I did it. I finally mailed the I129F :dance::dance::dance: so it is all wait from now on. They should have the package by Thursday. At least now I can concentrate on school a little more.

Edited by desperatewife

I do not wish to share any information about this dead end journey.........I have reached my final destination on this train, and it is time for me to get off.

THIS TOO SHALL PASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"If marriage means you fell in love, does divorce mean you climbed out?"

"You never really know a man until you have divorced him."-Zsa Zsa Gabor

"When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favour in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her: then let him write her a bill of divorcement, and give it in her hand, and send her out of his house. And when she is departed out of his house, she may go and be another man's wife." Deuteronomy 24:1-2

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us." - Helen Keller

"Even though you may want to move forward in your life, you may have one foot on the brakes. In order to be free, we must learn how to let go. Release the hurt. Release the fear. Refuse to entertain your old pain. The energy it takes to hang onto the past is holding you back from a new life. What is it you would let go of today?" - Mary Manin Morrissey

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Theresa

Filed: Other Timeline

How was David's night?

I took a nap when I woke up he was sitting next to me with a glass of white zinfandel :D

I thought we were for a few min. I was a week late. :whistle: I'm thinking there's no way my IUD would fail me now....I must say I'm jumping for joy :huh :huh: : I know too people who are 40 and pregnant :whistle:

Thanks for the update on Occuhealth, Nannygirl.

Darn! :angry::angry: Just heard the voicemail at OCCUHEALTH that they have shut down. Oh poor Henry will pop a gut...it has been three weeks and now I can't talk to a live person. :crying::crying: Oh well, I guess I will try another one. I can't lose sleeping hunting them down for $35. Whatever.

Sorry to hear that, we had ours in a few days.

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Jamie I do the same thing LOL - everytime I feel tired, edgy, gain weight, etc. it's always pregnancy

We're waiting on the kids though

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Timeline

Sorry about the bc problem, I have been off bc fo rover 2 years now( I was alone and then I got married and seems like I am not the most fertile). I too have been having little spells of some things fatigue naseau, bu tfo rthe most part just cravings. I have check online too and fo rsome reason I keep getting a pregnant result as well as stress, I believe it is stress. I finally gave in nad made an appointment.

But yes the internet is something. Have you eer tried the injection ( I did and got fat) but I think other than that it is teh most convenient( spelling).

I am suppose tell you guys I did it. I finally mailed the I129F :dance::dance::dance: so it is all wait from now on. They should have the package by Thursday. At least now I can concentrate on school a little more.

Well, I did try the mini pill, which is just a smaller version of the shot from my understanding (same hormones) and that is the one that made me so sore. It was no fun at all, you get married, you really would like to be able to have a lil lovin, and I was so sore all over I was like "PLEASE dont touch me", so I was glad I didnt try the shot, if just the mini pill made me that bad, I can only imagine what a mega dose of the same hormone would have done. The regular pill I can take, with very little side effects, except for the sugar thing, so THAT is unacceptable. And then when the doctor started discussing IUD's, etc, they ALL had hormones. Estrogen raises my sugar, and progesterin(sp) makes me hurt all over, so what does a girl do? Use the rhythm method I guess. :lol: Altho from what I can tell, guys south of the border seem to have one tremendous libido, :whistle: so that gets thrown right out the window.

As far as getting fat, I thot that was due to marriage! (in my case anyhow) :lol:

Congrats on making your decision and sending out the I-129F.

Darnit, I still dont have this editing thing down yet...

Edited by thndrdancr

Timeline

8-17-05 He Proposed!

8-24-05 MARRIED!

11-16-05 overnited RFE

1-17-06 SSN arrives!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Jamie I do the same thing LOL - everytime I feel tired, edgy, gain weight, etc. it's always pregnancy

We're waiting on the kids though

We are waiting too...but there is nothing like a little (or big :help: ) scare to get the blood pumping :lol:

As far as getting fat, I thot that was due to marriage! (in my case anyhow) :lol:

Girl I use any and every excuse I can think of :lol::lol:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.