• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

WE GOT BIOMETRICS APPOINTMENT THIS SATURDAY!

I swear I feel like this is a record that was set...

D said "Baby, the goverment sent me a letter and I have to go on Satdeh"

"What for?" I asked

"Uh...biotr...mi nuh knoa!"

"Biometrics?" I asked him

"Yeah" he said

Me doin the dutty wine in front of the house last night :lol:

Edited by Jonesie

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Filed: Country: Guyana
Timeline

Good morning all,

Elizabeth, if you do come by some bitter melon seeds, I would dearly love to have some. Likewise, if we find a stash, I will send you some. But I bet they are a LOT easier to come by in New York. Lake has relatives in New York that probably have some, but I tell you, they are clueless how to post things, etc. Do you have any relatives or friends of your men that have lived here for years and still dont have a clue?

He tried to get some of them to send on his b.c. last year when he had sent away for it, and they have lived here TEN years, and still dont know how to mail anything! Sheeeeesh! Of course, they never really had anyone show them how to do things, but wow. Hmmm, come to think of it, I am not sure LAKE could do it.. oh boy, I need to show him some stuff.

He has math testings today, I hope he does well. :thumbs: He is at class now.

Dee, did Dave have a better nite at class last nite, sure hope so. :lol:

Ok, guys, I have been really queasy this last two days constantly, and I just had a burrito for breakfast. Hmmm. :huh:

Timeline

May 15th Lake arrived NYC on tourist visa

6-15-05 Flew NCY to "fetch" Lake for visit here

8-17-05 He Proposed!

8-24-05 MARRIED!

9- 1-05 - SENT AOS, EAD, AP, & ETC

9-12-05 NOA1 - FOR I-130, I-145, & AP, EAD

10-5-05 RFE for Birth C. & medical

10-24-05 GOT LEARNERS PERMIT

11-3-05 DRIVERS LICENSE :)

11-16-05 overnited RFE

11-17-05 Rcvd NOA2 for EAD, bio set for 12-5-05

11-25-05 Recvd AOS bio letter, apptmt for 12-14-05

12-5-05 Biometrics (they did BOTH!)

Infopass, got temp EAD, AP no luck

12-6-05 Applied for SSN, not in system

12-10-05 AP finally arrives!

12-11-05 1 year EAD card!

12-23-05 Interview letter arrives! 3-3-06

1-17-06 SSN arrives!!

3-3-06 Interview-APPROVED! Passport stamped :)

3-14-06 Green card arrives!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Just checking in and catching up from yesterday.

JOANNA-

Well.....I am going to try and help put some things in perspective from my "old ###" point of view........marriage is a BIG step and only YOU know how YOU feel. I am not sure if something happened in JA when you were there but I know that I was just like you. I always went for the bad guys and they ALWAYS ended up hurting me. Sometimes, I find myself picking fights with Duane and sub-consciously testing him because I am afraid of getting hurt and I am not used to someone treating me so darn good.......Well.......like the ladies on this thread have told you........throw in the immigration ####### and planning for BIG wedding (yep, I am doing that too)....makes life really hectic. I think we live on this "high" for months because we are on a constant roller coaster of emotions and once the VISA is stamped approved, the regular everyday relationship stuff sets in. You see......I am not even there yet and I am expecting that to happen.

So.......take this time to think things out. Try not to be influanced by ANYONE. You are the only person who knows how you feel deep down inside. Go with your heart AND your brain!!!! It might help to do the trial thing for a month and postpone the wedding for a few months. You can always get married in a civil ceremony and have your BIG event down the road.........That is what I have decided to do........

Trust me, your feelings are normal but if you can't shake the anxiety........maybe this dream was a really deep lesson for you emotionally...AND yes...you deserve to be treated great so if Adrian provides you with happiness...don't fight it!!!!!

SO now the preacher is off to work........................ :no:

Call me Joanna if you need to chat........................

CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE: www.embassyart.homestead.com

SEE K-1 TIME LINE IN MY PROFILE

.....INTERVIEW JULY 10, 2006-APPROVED

07/19/06-Duane flew home to the USA-FINALLY!!!!!!!

08/17/06-DUANE AND KIM GOT MARRIED

PART 2 BEGINS

09/20/06- EAD/AOS Mailed to Chicago Today..........Here we go again!!!

10/13/06- Biometric appointment-San Francisco

12/07/06- AOS Interview-San Francisco

CAUGHT IN FBI NAME CHECK DELAY

04/23/07-Received AOS Approval E-Mail

04/25/07-Received CARD Production E-mail

WAITING FOR GREEN CARD TO ARRIVE.......

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Good morning all,

Do you have any relatives or friends of your men that have lived here for years and still dont have a clue?

He tried to get some of them to send on his b.c. last year when he had sent away for it, and they have lived here TEN years, and still dont know how to mail anything! Sheeeeesh! Of course, they never really had anyone show them how to do things, but wow. Hmmm, come to think of it, I am not sure LAKE could do it.. oh boy, I need to show him some stuff.

He has math testings today, I hope he does well. :thumbs: He is at class now.

Ok, guys, I have been really queasy this last two days constantly, and I just had a burrito for breakfast. Hmmm. :huh:

LOL No I have no such relatives. :no: They are way too controlling to be clueless. They have to know everything; they are total information whores. The only clueless one is my stepbrother and he is not clueless really, just pretends to be so we can all do his work for him. He convinced Henry that he did not where the DMV was so Henry went and did his errand for him. Now he is trying to convince me that he does not know where this local college is to go take his real estate salesperson class. Can I sign him up? What a numnut! :bonk:

Good Luck to Lake with his math testing!! Man I feel like I need to make a documentary on our lives! It would be awesome. I of course will be incognito. :lol:

Hmmm Queasy??? Uh-oh....... :devil:

:lol::lol:

"What for?" I asked

"Yeah" he said

That was priceless. :lol::lol: Careful with the wining. Don't throw your booty out like Mindy. :o

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE!! (F)

I hope where you are it is a much sunnier and dry daty.

Starting another day at work, going to go catch up :D

2/1/2010- AOS , EAD. AP Mailed via USPS priority mail

2/3/2010- Received - via USPS delivery tracking

2/9/2010- Check Cashed

2/9/2010- NOA 1 Received for 131, 765, 485

2/17/2010- Received letter for biometrics

2/19/2010- Completed biometrics via early "walk in'

2/22/2010- Touched on I-765, 48

2/24/2010- Case transferred to CSC

4/2/2010 Card Production Ordered for I-765, AP touched (Yea!!)

4/8/10- Approval notice for I-765 sent via email/ AP touched

4/10/2010 Received AP.

4/12/10 Received EAD-

7/6/10 Contacted USCIS because now Outside normal processing time

7/23/10 Got RFE asking for proof of legitimate marriage- 1page and 1/4 of proofs

8/23/10 sent off RFE response via Expressmail

8/24/10 Received by CSC

9/2/10 Email from USCIS- Card Production Ordered

Timeline
What's for dinner?

Leftover Jerk Chicken from Mother's day :yes:

My doggie came home today......he's back to normal....they couldn't tell me what was wrong with him :hehe: of course...I asked David not to make him hunt for his food anymore :hehe: He had been insisting that I dump his food out and let him "hunt" for it. :unsure: I keep trying to tell him that he's not a wild dog and that he may have gotten into something in the back yard. :angry:

Glad to hear everything is good with your dog :star:

Well.....I am sorry to hear about the bad weather everyone is having....the local news showed floods all over the place. Looks like the east coat is getting hit hard!!! Stay safe and stay dry.........

It's been raining here in Detroit since last Wednesday :crying: It's been cold and dark and cloudy :( And it's calling for about 5 more days of rain, rain, rain :wacko: I wanna go back to Jamaica :P

Wow it seems like the weather had reversed. We are having unusually GREAT weather. Yesterday it was 82 degrees and they predict the same for today...not a cloud in the sky. Usually we are the ones with the rain.

Anyone in touch with Myisha?

I'm wondering the same thing :unsure: I would really like to know how she (and her family) is doing. We haven't heard from her in ages :(

I have also been wondering about some of the old timers...Myisha and Ricardo, Rita and Tashi, Leoschampion, JamaicaDiva...

I hope David is havining a better night at his GED class tonight, cause I'm not in the mood :no:

How was David's night?

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good morning All:

thndrdancr.........queasy r we a lil prego- of course there is no such thing :D:innocent::innocent::innocent:

I do not wish to share any information about this dead end journey.........I have reached my final destination on this train, and it is time for me to get off.

THIS TOO SHALL PASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"If marriage means you fell in love, does divorce mean you climbed out?"

"You never really know a man until you have divorced him."-Zsa Zsa Gabor

"When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favour in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her: then let him write her a bill of divorcement, and give it in her hand, and send her out of his house. And when she is departed out of his house, she may go and be another man's wife." Deuteronomy 24:1-2

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us." - Helen Keller

"Even though you may want to move forward in your life, you may have one foot on the brakes. In order to be free, we must learn how to let go. Release the hurt. Release the fear. Refuse to entertain your old pain. The energy it takes to hang onto the past is holding you back from a new life. What is it you would let go of today?" - Mary Manin Morrissey

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Theresa

Timeline
Jamie, Is there something you're not telling us?? :whistle::innocent: Are you preggers? :P

Oh Lawd I hope not :no::no::no:

Not for a VERY VERY long time :thumbs:

hey everyone...

well i had a chat with my boss...and we had to compromise so i won't be able to go for 8 days but for 5 days...i guess the most important part is that i will be at the interview so i am glad that i will at the interview...but a little upset cause mike will fly home by himself...but i guess he will fine..

I thought you got 2 weeks vacation?!! Are you going to continue to do that job when Mike gets here or find something different. I know a lot of nannies are single...never really heard of married nannies...but maybe its just me :blush:

Here's a question/ conversation starter for everyone:

If you could take a trip anywhere in the world, all expenses paid, where would you choose to go?

Oh man don't get me started on this question...I would LOVE to travel all over...

My list would be...in no particular order...

Italy

Germany

Ireland

Africa -Kenya, South Africa

Thailand

Japan

Fiji

Hawaii

Savanah Georgia

Russia...ok I will stop now ;)

By the way 2, you who used OCCUHEALTH, how long did it take for you to get the vaccine supplement? Its been almost 3 weeks since I sent money order.

OCCUHEALTH in Seattle right? You might want to call them right away. I heard that they are closing their doors and no longer doing immigration cases. They must have lost yours or something. I received mine in 3 days from sending the money order.

Mindy speaking of pictures....where's yours??????
Believe me, it's a daily battle to get the electronic files....pretty soon they are going to be up there....then what are you going to "rag" on me about???? :lol: :lol:

I am sure we can come up with a lot to "rag" on you about...just give us a little bit :lol:

Oh yeah and try not to hate me because I have two hearts. :lol::lol::whistle::lol:

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

:jest:

Wow the thread is on a roll.

CONGRATULATIONS!!! :dance::dance:

Hmmmmm :innocent::innocent:

I wonder what that could mean :whistle::D

:(:angry: I am never gonna get 2 (L) if they keep adding all my posts together :P

Edited by Jme3584

Timeline
hey everyone...

well i had a chat with my boss...and we had to compromise so i won't be able to go for 8 days but for 5 days...i guess the most important part is that i will be at the interview so i am glad that i will at the interview...but a little upset cause mike will fly home by himself...but i guess he will fine..

I thought you got 2 weeks vacation?!! Are you going to continue to do that job when Mike gets here or find something different. I know a lot of nannies are single...never really heard of married nannies...but maybe its just me :blush:

Here's a question/ conversation starter for everyone:

If you could take a trip anywhere in the world, all expenses paid, where would you choose to go?

Oh man don't get me started on this question...I would LOVE to travel all over...

My list would be...in no particular order...

Italy

Germany

Ireland

Africa -Kenya, South Africa

Thailand

Japan

Fiji

Hawaii

Savanah Georgia

Russia...ok I will stop now ;)

By the way 2, you who used OCCUHEALTH, how long did it take for you to get the vaccine supplement? Its been almost 3 weeks since I sent money order.

OCCUHEALTH in Seattle right? You might want to call them right away. I heard that they are closing their doors and no longer doing immigration cases. They must have lost yours or something. I received mine in 3 days from sending the money order.

Mindy speaking of pictures....where's yours??????
Believe me, it's a daily battle to get the electronic files....pretty soon they are going to be up there....then what are you going to "rag" on me about???? :lol: :lol:

I am sure we can come up with a lot to "rag" on you about...just give us a little bit :lol:

Oh yeah and try not to hate me because I have two hearts. :lol::lol::whistle::lol:

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

:jest:

yes i am still going to do the nanny gig...for a little bit anyway...i am working online for a degree and once i get that than bye bye nanny world

Timeline
yes i am still going to do the nanny gig...for a little bit anyway...i am working online for a degree and once i get that than bye bye nanny world

What kind of job would you like to have in the future? What degree are you going for?

Sorry for all the chatting everyone...the boss is away...I finished all my work for the day and I am SOOOOO bored :huh:

Timeline

What kind of job would you like to have in the future? What degree are you going for?

Sorry for all the chatting everyone...the boss is away...I finished all my work for the day and I am SOOOOO bored :huh:

i am going for Hotel/Restaurant Management...this way i think mike and i can move anywhere...and it will be pretty easy for me to get a job with this...i want to eventually move some where will he will be comfortable...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

"What for?" I asked

"Yeah" he said

Congratulations!!

Anna (Chicago) and Javon (Jamaica)

USCIS: I-130 Process

10/30/06 - Married to my loving husband

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

NVC: CR-1 Process

05/21/07 - NVC recv'd case (per rep @ NVC)

05/29/07 - NVC Assigned Case # (KNG2007******)

06/01/07 - Faxed change of address request to NVC

06/08/07 - NVC confirmed new address

06/18/07 - DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) & AOS (I-864) Fee Bill generated

06/23/07 - Recv'd DS-3032 & AOS Bill via snail mail

07/09/07 - Emailed DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) to NVC

07/19/07 - Mailed AOS Fee Bill ($70) to St. Louis, MO

07/19/07 - Recv'd email from NVC - Choice of Agent was accepted

07/23/07 - IV (DS-230) Fee Bill was generated

08/11/07 - Recv'd IV Fee Bill via snail mail

08/15/07 - Recv'd AOS Packet in the mail

.png

.png

BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH...... :P

YEAH!! Once again, it's you and me girl!! Congratulations!! :dance: :dance:

Hmmmmmmmmmmm........... :whistle:

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Timeline

"What for?" I asked

"Yeah" he said

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR BIOMETRICS APPT

2/1/2010- AOS , EAD. AP Mailed via USPS priority mail

2/3/2010- Received - via USPS delivery tracking

2/9/2010- Check Cashed

2/9/2010- NOA 1 Received for 131, 765, 485

2/17/2010- Received letter for biometrics

2/19/2010- Completed biometrics via early "walk in'

2/22/2010- Touched on I-765, 48

2/24/2010- Case transferred to CSC

4/2/2010 Card Production Ordered for I-765, AP touched (Yea!!)

4/8/10- Approval notice for I-765 sent via email/ AP touched

4/10/2010 Received AP.

4/12/10 Received EAD-

7/6/10 Contacted USCIS because now Outside normal processing time

7/23/10 Got RFE asking for proof of legitimate marriage- 1page and 1/4 of proofs

8/23/10 sent off RFE response via Expressmail

8/24/10 Received by CSC

9/2/10 Email from USCIS- Card Production Ordered

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.