aussiewench

Yardies, at home and a farrin'

5,682 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

What's for dinner?

:lol: Funny aviator :huh:

Napoleon Dynamite is the s***! One of the funniest movies I've seen. When D got here, halfway through watchin it the first time he was like what the hell??? But after watchin it the second time he got it. Same thing with me - you have to watch it twice.

The first time we watched it I thought you had to be under of the influence to enjoy it. :yes: I got it the second time, it's funny.

We had lemon chicken, rice and salad for dinner.

Edited by sjb1221

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
hey everyone...

well i had a chat with my boss...and we had to compromise so i won't be able to go for 8 days but for 5 days...i guess the most important part is that i will be at the interview so i am glad that i will at the interview...but a little upset cause mike will fly home by himself...but i guess he will fine..

Thats great that you at least get 5 days off to go to the interview. When I get to that point I wonder if I will even get to go depending on what time it is. But Im long from this point. Congrats with your interview date! :dance:

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

I'm still at work - bored and wanting to be home with my boo :(

Here's a question/ conversation starter for everyone:

If you could take a trip anywhere in the world, all expenses paid, where would you choose to go?

I think I would pick Hawaii. I've always wanted to go there and I know it would be pretty expensive flying from Detroit. I love the tropical weather. I've already been to Jamaica, Dominican Republic, Cayman Islands, Peurto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, and St. Martin. I've never been over in the Pacific Ocean though. Other than a trip to San Francisco about 14 years ago!

Edited by rhondapayter

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

Timeline
I just threw out my booty doing the dutty.....We got our Biometrics -- this Saturday!!! :dance::dance:

Congrats!!

Joke for the day...

A young man from Jamaica moves to Miami and goes to a big department shopping complex looking for a job.

The manager says, "Do you have any sales experience?"

The Jamaican young man says. "Bossman, mi was a salesman

back home on di streets a Kingston."

Well, the boss liked him so he gave him the job. "You start tomorrow.

I'll come down after we close and see how you did."

His first day on the job was rough but he got through it. After the store

was locked up, the boss came down. "How many sales did you make today?"

The Jamaican young man says, "Man, Just ONE sale"

The boss says, "Just one?? No! No! No!? You see, here our sales people

average 20 or 30 sales a day. If you want to keep this job, you'd better

be doing better than just one sale. By the way, how much was the sale

for?"

The Jamaican young man says, "$301,237.64"

Boss says, "$301,237.64?? What the hell did you sell?"

The Jamaican young man: "Bossman, fus mi sell him one likkle fish hook. Den mi sell him a miggle size fish hook. Den mi sell him a big fish hook. Den mi sell him a fishing rod an sum fishing tings. Den mi ask him whey him a go fishing an him seh dung de coast, so mi tell him sey him a go want a boat, so we go dung a de boating department an mi sell him a twin engine Chris Craft. Den him seh him nuh tink him? Honda Civic caan pull it, so mi tek him dung a wi automotive department an mi sell him di 4X4 Blazer.

Den mi ask him whey him a go sleep, an since him neva? have nuh weh, mi tek him dung a di camping department an sell him one a di new Igloo 6 sleeper camper tents. Den di man seh, while we deh pon it, mi might as well fling in bout $100.00 wut a groceries an two case a beer."

The boss said, "You're not serious? A guy came in here to buy a fish hook and you sold him a boat, a 4x4 truck and a tent?"

The Jamaican young man says, "No sah, him com in yah fi buy one box ah Tampan fi him wife, and mi seh: Well, since yuh weekend mash up, yuh might jus as well go ketch fish."

:lol: That was funny!!!! :lol: I have to send that to everyone I know.

Anna (Chicago) and Javon (Jamaica)

USCIS: I-130 Process

10/30/06 - Married to my loving husband

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

NVC: CR-1 Process

05/21/07 - NVC recv'd case (per rep @ NVC)

05/29/07 - NVC Assigned Case # (KNG2007******)

06/01/07 - Faxed change of address request to NVC

06/08/07 - NVC confirmed new address

06/18/07 - DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) & AOS (I-864) Fee Bill generated

06/23/07 - Recv'd DS-3032 & AOS Bill via snail mail

07/09/07 - Emailed DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) to NVC

07/19/07 - Mailed AOS Fee Bill ($70) to St. Louis, MO

07/19/07 - Recv'd email from NVC - Choice of Agent was accepted

07/23/07 - IV (DS-230) Fee Bill was generated

08/11/07 - Recv'd IV Fee Bill via snail mail

08/15/07 - Recv'd AOS Packet in the mail

.png

.png

Timeline

If you could take a trip anywhere in the world, all expenses paid, where would you choose to go?

I think I would pick Hawaii. I've always wanted to go there and I know it would be pretty expensive flying from Detroit. I love the tropical weather. I've already been to Jamaica, Dominican Republic, Cayman Islands, Peurto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, and St. Martin. I've never been over in the Pacific Ocean though. Other than a trip to San Francisco about 14 years ago!

Hmmm thats a tough one Austrila the world down under mate or Japan hmmm.

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline

So what do you think about this Immigration wars going on and President Bushs speech tonight? What do you all think is so far. Since we are working on it the legal way... What do you think on this debate?

I'm still at work so I'm missing it. I'll try to catch CNN tonight for the recap.

I'm scared to say what I wanna say cause Big Brother deh bout...mi naah want dem fi come a mi yaad an lock mi up :unsure:

I need to watch more TV....what wars???

Immigration debate between Pres. Bush and the masses...no war per se, but all the uproar over the impending immig. issues

For dinner I had a tangerine & a bowl of watermelon since I wasn't hungry and I needed something to eat. As for the immigration battle I think they should grant everyone here "undocumentated" amnesty and start over from scratch but then again I'm a little bias in the topic...so w/that said I say no more. :blush:

Mindy speaking of pictures....where's yours?????? Anna you're skinny now, so we are not accepting any excuses :hehe::hehe: Shamonya???? :hehe:

LOL you callin em out

I HATE taking pictures it never come out the way I want...but since I am skinny :lol: I'll take the chance.

Anna (Chicago) and Javon (Jamaica)

USCIS: I-130 Process

10/30/06 - Married to my loving husband

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

NVC: CR-1 Process

05/21/07 - NVC recv'd case (per rep @ NVC)

05/29/07 - NVC Assigned Case # (KNG2007******)

06/01/07 - Faxed change of address request to NVC

06/08/07 - NVC confirmed new address

06/18/07 - DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) & AOS (I-864) Fee Bill generated

06/23/07 - Recv'd DS-3032 & AOS Bill via snail mail

07/09/07 - Emailed DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) to NVC

07/19/07 - Mailed AOS Fee Bill ($70) to St. Louis, MO

07/19/07 - Recv'd email from NVC - Choice of Agent was accepted

07/23/07 - IV (DS-230) Fee Bill was generated

08/11/07 - Recv'd IV Fee Bill via snail mail

08/15/07 - Recv'd AOS Packet in the mail

.png

.png

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hmmm that's hard.....maybe Bali, New Zealand and Hawaii....hard to choose. But I really want to go to New Zealand for some reason.

Henry needs to hurry up and get home!!!!...i've been Cinderella all night - did laundry, washed the dishes. He cooked so I have to take lunch to work tomorrow (trying to stop forking over $40 a day for food - to eat healthy in manhattan is sheer insanity!). Our entire staff is trying to bring food from home, but we do it for a week and then get bogged down - one girl brings cereal and lean cuisuine and smart ones frozen...cheap but........)

By the way, Grey's Anatomy was good, but not a real cliff hanger ending. LOST better come with it next week. LOL

By the way 2, you who used OCCUHEALTH, how long did it take for you to get the vaccine supplement? Its been almost 3 weeks since I sent money order.

Edited by Elizabethnhenry

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

My sister is Tivo'ing Grey's Anatomy for me tonight since I'm stuck at work :blush: I was so mad that they moved it to Monday night instead of the usual Sunday night. Sunday is the ONLY night I'm home :angry: The only 2 shows I watch regularly are Desperate Housewives & Grey's Anatomy. I don't really watch TV the rest of the week. Even when I was home, Tony usually took over the remote and I would just read a book or magazine :innocent:

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

So what do you think about this Immigration wars going on and President Bushs speech tonight? What do you all think is so far. Since we are working on it the legal way... What do you think on this debate?

I'm still at work so I'm missing it. I'll try to catch CNN tonight for the recap.

I'm scared to say what I wanna say cause Big Brother deh bout...mi naah want dem fi come a mi yaad an lock mi up :unsure:

I need to watch more TV....what wars???

Immigration debate between Pres. Bush and the masses...no war per se, but all the uproar over the impending immig. issues

For dinner I had a tangerine & a bowl of watermelon since I wasn't hungry and I needed something to eat. As for the immigration battle I think they should grant everyone here "undocumentated" amnesty and start over from scratch but then again I'm a little bias in the topic...so w/that said I say no more. :blush:

Mindy speaking of pictures....where's yours?????? Anna you're skinny now, so we are not accepting any excuses :hehe::hehe: Shamonya???? :hehe:

LOL you callin em out

I HATE taking pictures it never come out the way I want...but since I am skinny :lol: I'll take the chance.

:lol: I hate taking pictures too. Maybe I'll post when I'm half way skinny, hopefully this July.

Good morning family.

I would love to visit South Africa.

Timeline

Good Morning Everyone.. Just checkin in before I head off to work for a dose of the daily grind.

xTr6m6.png

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: Timeline

Good morning fam....going to catch up. Soon come :P

Hey all, I wanted to ask for all your prayers once again. I think they really helped before and I think someone really hears you up there when we have a group of us to pray bout things.

My baby grandniece, Kelynn is having a blood vessel bleeding into her brain, its a grade 1, and please lets all pray for it to stop and to let that heal up. I guess there really is nothing that can be done for it. Its so weird, she has been perfect the first month, and she is trying so hard. She weighed in at 6 lbs just yesterday and they had just told my nephew they could take her home in two weeks before this.

Thanks all.

Love ya

I am very sorry (F) to hear about your grand neice, just said a prayer for her

Well well well...

thank you kelly for giving me the number i got through to a real live person. :lol: who might add was not real nice but anywho..what happend i called and it rang and rang called back got the busy sound 2 times called again and waited for about 1 min. and someone answerd i said hi i want to check on my visa( i pushed number 3 cause all the other ones were busy) and she asked for the last name i told her...she put me on hold..asked for the case number i told her and she said..............you have a June 23rd APPOINTMENT!!!!!!!!! I ALMOST screamed in the phone... :lol::lol: so i said ok well do you have a time for me?? and she said yes at 9:15...

SSSOO i am guessing that this law may not be effecting any of us for now....

SO kelly i am going to request your expertise in flights because you are a travel agent after all :lol:

and i think i will leave on the 22nd and come back the following friday...so if you can work you magic that would be great...i found on travelocity( i know i know you don't like those sites) but for Air Jamaica out of Philly for under 400...

WOOO HOOO :dance: , CONGRATS ON YOU INTERVIEW. I know how you felt, Soon you guys will be together

Tenika(Bloomfield) and Squitto(Windsor) and Michele(me-Bloomfield) (repping CT) we have to get together one weekend. I'm going to see the Lion King at the Bushnell and have to start packing for a move the next couple of weekends; but if you're in town in June... BTW I just purchased a condo and will be moving back to "hard hittin' " New Britain :P.

Sounds good, I go to CT quite often , my family is mostly there. Who is in New York, and where about??

My mom lives in Windsor, but I live in Brooklyn...I spend a lot of time in CT too, we must link up :P

Sounds good, I go to CT quite often , my family is mostly there. Who is in New York, and where about??

I amin in NY, in Harlem. :D I spend mostof my time ther a few weekends in Brooklyn (Flatbush)

I live in Flatbush, holla :yes:

Hello everyone...just wanted to say hey before I start catching up..

Well I am home now, I was supposed to leave Thur. but yesterday I got sick and was not feeling well so I decied to come home early. Adrian should be here Friday.

Let me ask this, I got a little stressed while I was there and started thinking a whole lot about what the next few months is going to be like, with Adrian coming here, no job, never been here before and then the wedding....I got real stressed thinking about things...Did this happen to any of you???

My mom keeps asking me if I am having second thoughts...I dont think I am I am just a little over whelmed right now.

Joanna

it's totally natural Joanna..first let me welcome you back. We spend months and months waiting for an approval then it happens and you're back to square one, preparing for yet another filing and then waiting for another approval. it's like a vicious cycle. Lucky for you, you know people that are going through or have already gone through it that can show you the ropes and prepare you for any pitfalls. take it one step at at time. Planning a wedding itself is stressful enough...throw in all the immigration stuff and surviving off of one income you have a recipe for disaster. Just remember, the Lord didn't bring you this far to leave you. You'll be aight :yes:

I NEED 6 MORE POSTS FOR MY SECOND HEART!!! :lol: Whom can I congratulate???

and the mout-a-massy award goes to.... :lol::lol::lol::lol: congrats honey!!

I want a second heart!

1210 posts

How many more to go?

790 - you can do it - just congratulate everyone - man, ooman, daag, cyat..everyone

yuh nuh easy attal :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I just threw out my booty doing the dutty.....We got our Biometrics -- this Saturday!!! :dance::dance:

Yay!!! :P

I wonder if they are going to give Squito another biometrics appt for his EAD :huh::whistle:

a got a QUICK question....ok after the visa is approved...how long do you have to wait until you get it??? Do they send it to you OR can you go and pick it up??? for some reason i thought you could pick it up...can someone help me with this...cause I want to book a flight and i need to know how close i can book it...

the interview is on a friday so the following thursday would that be ok? because i planned on taking off that friday then so i can have 3 days with mike before i have to work...

thanks

They told Adrian 3-5 days and he will recieve it...we asked about picking it up and there are only certian places that you can go to pick it up at and the place in Kingston was far from where we were staying so we decieded to have it delivered...his interview was last tues and I was hoping he would have his visa today or tomorrow...I will let you know as soon as he gets it.

They allowed Squito to pick up his visa at the airpak in Tinson Pen. We interviewed on Monday, he picked it up on Wednesday...

Joanna, did you remember to bring what I asked you for :lol:

Sorry Jonesie...I dont even remember what you asked for :whistle: ...what was it again that I was suppose to bring?

Thanks to all (except for Mindy) for making me not thinking I am going crazy....I am feeling better now but I still really have this nervous feeling that I cannot seem to shake..or maybe it is a scared feeling...I am stressing and I dont know what to do....I had a dream last night that I called off the wedding...and then today my mom says to me "If you are going to call off the wedding do it now and not later"

I really dont think I want to call it off but I am getting very scared about the whole life changing process I am about to go through....I am 31 years old and set in my ways, but I love Adrian and he is the nicest sweetest man I have ever had in my life...I have always went for the "bad" boys and now since I am with a "good" guy I just dont know what to do.....Sorry I just had to get this off my chest.

this is sooooooooooo totally natural. getting married is a big deal, so it's not uncommon to feel a little jittery. Can you picture your life without Adrian in it? If not, then go ahead with your plans and you'll be just fine. I'll be praying for you. I understand EXACTLY what you're feeling. :yes:

What's for dinner?

we had curry chicken and jasmin rice :luv: he cooked

for real...it's time to share :thumbs:

Anyone in touch with Myisha?

I'm wondering the same thing :unsure: I would really like to know how she (and her family) is doing. We haven't heard from her in ages :(

I was just thinking of her the other day. I'll send her an email to check in... :

We'd love to tour Africa...Egypt specifically. Second choice, Austrailia. Third choice, Japan.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

a got a QUICK question....ok after the visa is approved...how long do you have to wait until you get it??? Do they send it to you OR can you go and pick it up??? for some reason i thought you could pick it up...can someone help me with this...cause I want to book a flight and i need to know how close i can book it...

the interview is on a friday so the following thursday would that be ok? because i planned on taking off that friday then so i can have 3 days with mike before i have to work...

thanks

They told Adrian 3-5 days and he will recieve it...we asked about picking it up and there are only certian places that you can go to pick it up at and the place in Kingston was far from where we were staying so we decieded to have it delivered...his interview was last tues and I was hoping he would have his visa today or tomorrow...I will let you know as soon as he gets it.

thanks joanna...sorry to hear that you weren't feeling well....but i think what you are feeling is NORMAL!!!mike hasn't even had his interview yet and i am getting nervous...it is a big change and i am sure everything will be fine!

You ladies sure were chatty last night.....

I really dont think I want to call it off but I am getting very scared about the whole life changing process I am about to go through....I am 31 years old and set in my ways, but I love Adrian and he is the nicest sweetest man I have ever had in my life...I have always went for the "bad" boys and now since I am with a "good" guy I just dont know what to do
I know that after all the months of anticipation for the NOA's, all the Embassy stuff, your trip to JA and the interview it's kinda like "PFEW...now that's all over, what now?" Then reality starts to set in...... :unsure: Don't call off the wedding, try to relax and focus on Adrian coming 'home' and nothing else at this point. You two need to take some "quality" time when he gets here. Try not to worry about him getting a job or the wedding or anything else. You two need to enjoy some peaceful time together. Once he is here you will feel much better and the feelings of dread will disappear.....
Mindy speaking of pictures....where's yours??????
Believe me, it's a daily battle to get the electronic files....pretty soon they are going to be up there....then what are you going to "rag" on me about???? :lol: :lol:
My doggie came home today......he's back to normal....they couldn't tell me what was wrong with him :hehe
YEAH. Have Dave make some "man juice." That will fix him right up!!
Lake had a test in his pre GED reading class today..he is UP two whole levels. Dont ask me what that means, just sounds good tho, huh?
That is so wonderful, Congratulations!!!:dance:
RUSSIA!!
By the way, Grey's Anatomy was good, but not a real cliff hanger ending. LOST better come with it next week. LOL
It was good.....not great.....won't give anything away until Rhonda gets to watch it!! I thought Sunday night was better than last night.

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good Morning Everyone!!!

Another DGD day. DGD = dark, gloomy and gray! LOL

But I am so happy I am at work because that means I will get paid at the end of the month and I am not hungry or wet or cold. :thumbs:

Nannygirl I will PM you answers to your Grey's Anatomy question. Rhonda has not seen it at all so we don't want to spoil it. But I agree with Mindy - the final hour wasn't all that great. But then again, GA is not really my show...LOST is. :lol:

Oh yeah and try not to hate me because I have two hearts. :lol::lol::whistle::lol:

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.