aussiewench

Yardies, at home and a farrin'

5,682 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

So what do you think about this Immigration wars going on and President Bushs speech tonight? What do you all think is so far. Since we are working on it the legal way... What do you think on this debate?

I'm still at work so I'm missing it. I'll try to catch CNN tonight for the recap.

I'm scared to say what I wanna say cause Big Brother deh bout...mi naah want dem fi come a mi yaad an lock mi up :unsure:

All I heard was mwah mwah mwah mwah (the voice of the adults in Charlie Brown). I don't think he said anything new - he sounded like a lawyer - on the one had be nice to them most are decent on the other had illegals drive up crime and are beyond th reach of our law and we must crack down.LOL

:lol: Bush smush... whats he talking about...

I just hope the visa process doesnt get any slower. I think the work visa are good. I have a lot of friends moms who have work visas up here. :)

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Other Timeline

My doggie came home today......he's back to normal....they couldn't tell me what was wrong with him :hehe: of course...I asked David not to make him hunt for his food anymore :hehe: He had been insisting that I dump his food out and let him "hunt" for it. :unsure: I keep trying to tell him that he's not a wild dog and that he may have gotten into something in the back yard. :angry:

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Well.....I am sorry to hear about the bad weather everyone is having....the local news showed floods all over the place. Looks like the east coat is getting hit hard!!! Stay safe and stay dry.........

It's been raining here in Detroit since last Wednesday :crying: It's been cold and dark and cloudy :( And it's calling for about 5 more days of rain, rain, rain :wacko: I wanna go back to Jamaica :P

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Joke for the day...

A young man from Jamaica moves to Miami and goes to a big department shopping complex looking for a job.

The manager says, "Do you have any sales experience?"

The Jamaican young man says. "Bossman, mi was a salesman

back home on di streets a Kingston."

Well, the boss liked him so he gave him the job. "You start tomorrow.

I'll come down after we close and see how you did."

His first day on the job was rough but he got through it. After the store

was locked up, the boss came down. "How many sales did you make today?"

The Jamaican young man says, "Man, Just ONE sale"

The boss says, "Just one?? No! No! No!? You see, here our sales people

average 20 or 30 sales a day. If you want to keep this job, you'd better

be doing better than just one sale. By the way, how much was the sale

for?"

The Jamaican young man says, "$301,237.64"

Boss says, "$301,237.64?? What the hell did you sell?"

The Jamaican young man: "Bossman, fus mi sell him one likkle fish hook. Den mi sell him a miggle size fish hook. Den mi sell him a big fish hook. Den mi sell him a fishing rod an sum fishing tings. Den mi ask him whey him a go fishing an him seh dung de coast, so mi tell him sey him a go want a boat, so we go dung a de boating department an mi sell him a twin engine Chris Craft. Den him seh him nuh tink him? Honda Civic caan pull it, so mi tek him dung a wi automotive department an mi sell him di 4X4 Blazer.

Den mi ask him whey him a go sleep, an since him neva? have nuh weh, mi tek him dung a di camping department an sell him one a di new Igloo 6 sleeper camper tents. Den di man seh, while we deh pon it, mi might as well fling in bout $100.00 wut a groceries an two case a beer."

The boss said, "You're not serious? A guy came in here to buy a fish hook and you sold him a boat, a 4x4 truck and a tent?"

The Jamaican young man says, "No sah, him com in yah fi buy one box ah Tampan fi him wife, and mi seh: Well, since yuh weekend mash up, yuh might jus as well go ketch fish."

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: , lawd dey one dey funny nuh backfoot. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I do not wish to share any information about this dead end journey.........I have reached my final destination on this train, and it is time for me to get off.

THIS TOO SHALL PASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"If marriage means you fell in love, does divorce mean you climbed out?"

"You never really know a man until you have divorced him."-Zsa Zsa Gabor

"When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favour in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her: then let him write her a bill of divorcement, and give it in her hand, and send her out of his house. And when she is departed out of his house, she may go and be another man's wife." Deuteronomy 24:1-2

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us." - Helen Keller

"Even though you may want to move forward in your life, you may have one foot on the brakes. In order to be free, we must learn how to let go. Release the hurt. Release the fear. Refuse to entertain your old pain. The energy it takes to hang onto the past is holding you back from a new life. What is it you would let go of today?" - Mary Manin Morrissey

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Theresa

So what do you think about this Immigration wars going on and President Bushs speech tonight? What do you all think is so far. Since we are working on it the legal way... What do you think on this debate?

I'm still at work so I'm missing it. I'll try to catch CNN tonight for the recap.

I'm scared to say what I wanna say cause Big Brother deh bout...mi naah want dem fi come a mi yaad an lock mi up :unsure:

All I heard was mwah mwah mwah mwah (the voice of the adults in Charlie Brown). I don't think he said anything new - he sounded like a lawyer - on the one had be nice to them most are decent on the other had illegals drive up crime and are beyond th reach of our law and we must crack down.LOL

:lol: Bush smush... whats he talking about...

I just hope the visa process doesnt get any slower. I think the work visa are good. I have a lot of friends moms who have work visas up here. :)

oh.... I somewhat recall a rally of mexicans about a month ago.....They were really happy ....with their banners thanking the USA.

Anyone in touch with Myisha?

I'm wondering the same thing :unsure: I would really like to know how she (and her family) is doing. We haven't heard from her in ages :(

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

34z0pck.jpg

Well.....I am sorry to hear about the bad weather everyone is having....the local news showed floods all over the place. Looks like the east coat is getting hit hard!!! Stay safe and stay dry.........

It's been raining here in Detroit since last Wednesday :crying: It's been cold and dark and cloudy :( And it's calling for about 5 more days of rain, rain, rain :wacko: I wanna go back to Jamaica :P

It's cool here as well....Where is summer???

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Charlie Brown :lol:

I will never forget when Bush and the Democrat that was runnin for prez at the time (was it Kerry?) were talking about illegal immigrants...Bush said that one of his proposed methods to control illegals was to have unmanned cars at the borders... :wacko:...:lol:

Please tell me how unmanned cars would operate?! LOL!

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Hello everyone...just wanted to say hey before I start catching up..

Well I am home now, I was supposed to leave Thur. but yesterday I got sick and was not feeling well so I decied to come home early. Adrian should be here Friday.

Let me ask this, I got a little stressed while I was there and started thinking a whole lot about what the next few months is going to be like, with Adrian coming here, no job, never been here before and then the wedding....I got real stressed thinking about things...Did this happen to any of you???

My mom keeps asking me if I am having second thoughts...I dont think I am I am just a little over whelmed right now.

Joanna

Joanna,

Glad you're home safe. Sorry to hear that you're feeling sick. Too much stress maybe? What you're feeling is completely normal. :yes: It has just finally hit you that all of this is for real. He actually has the Visa - it's no longer just a fantasy or a dream. Of course you're gonna be freaking out. It's a big step and a major life change. Just take the good with the bad and hang in there. We're all here for you if need to talk/vent/scream, whatever :blush: Sorry if us married women scared you with all our bitching about our men :lol:

I think the stress is the same for all of us...I still feel slighted by folks who think all I did was fill out a few forms and Henry was here. This whole thing messed up my skin, my cycle :angry: BUT if you can spare some cash - get a PROFESSIONAL massage as often as you can and get pedicures and manicures...they take some of the edge off.

AMEN :yes::luv:

I know everyone else has been saying massages.....I say VODKA!!!

:lol::lol::lol: I prefer Rum myself!!

I NEED 6 MORE POSTS FOR MY SECOND HEART!!! :lol: Whom can I congratulate???

Me! Me! Me!

I don't know why though :blush:

:D

Jamie, Is there something you're not telling us?? :whistle::innocent: Are you preggers? :P

DRUM ROLL PLEASE.......................You are now looking at my 2000th post....would not dream of doing it anywhere else!!!! :lol::lol::dance::dance: YEEEHAW!!!

:lol: I have two hearts......that beat as one! LOL

Man, you chat a lot woman :lol: I can't believe I need 1000 more posts to get another heart :(

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

34z0pck.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good night everyone! I'm out

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

I just threw out my booty doing the dutty.....We got our Biometrics -- this Saturday!!! :dance::dance:

CONGRATULATIONS Mindy & Roy :dance::dance::dance: One more step out of the way.

I had a dream last night that I called off the wedding...and then today my mom says to me "If you are going to call off the wedding do it now and not later"

I called off my wedding TWICE before we got married!! :o Luckily my mom waited a few days before cancelling anything cause she knew I didn't really mean it! I was freaking out hard core though.

The Jamaican young man says, "No sah, him com in yah fi buy one box ah Tampan fi him wife, and mi seh: Well, since yuh weekend mash up, yuh might jus as well go ketch fish."

:lol: That was good!! :lol:

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

34z0pck.jpg

Timeline

Hi, Iam just cheking in . Hope everyone had a wonderful day.

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY TO YOU ALL(IMO whether you are a mother now or not-you are still female and that means you are someones mom, aunt sister cousin etc and that is all is required)

Congrtaulations on you interveiw date!!!!!!!!!1 :dance:

\I am plague by this again sorry to sound like I am unsure of what I am doing, but I just informed my husband of what is going on with IMBRA and he is very sure that if I go the K3 route we are going to be apart much longer. I have sent out the I130 and the NAO1 is on April 8, bu taccording to the IMBRA and the Carl ( some attorney on one of the numerous websites I was on) CR1 will not be affected by this extended security check.

I am looking fo rsome advice- I am really looking to go the K3 route ( I finally decided on it after a little conversation I had with Elizabeth, but then last night I began reading about IMBRA and the I130 is now popping out at me. I know you guys can't tell me what to do, but I am looking to you guys as experience wives/fiancees of foreign spouses to assit me in making this decision. This new law really sucks. :cry::cry:

I could tell my husband was upset when I told him about the law but I have no ontroll over it, how are the SOs of you other females who are abotuto be trapped in limbo taking this?

I am going to do some home work. If I do not return have a wonderful weekend .

DW,

I did CR1 recently and it took 5 months in total. My husband came to America March 31 and received his ss# in less than a week. He received the green card two weeks after arriving and didn't have any problems with working or getting a driving license. I think if you are filing from vermont service center it will go fast. Most of my friends say it took about 6 - 8 months in total.

If you follow everything VJ saids in the shortcuts you can take off about a month off your time.

I am not sure how the new law will affect your timeline now so check with others on VJ for that.

hey,

thanks, I am doing both the K3 and the CR1, which ever comes first we will use. I really would like the CR1 and I think he wants the CR1. I have not been following the shortcuts I have been using the guides though. I am one of the lucky ones to be going through Vermont.

I do not wish to share any information about this dead end journey.........I have reached my final destination on this train, and it is time for me to get off.

THIS TOO SHALL PASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"If marriage means you fell in love, does divorce mean you climbed out?"

"You never really know a man until you have divorced him."-Zsa Zsa Gabor

"When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favour in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her: then let him write her a bill of divorcement, and give it in her hand, and send her out of his house. And when she is departed out of his house, she may go and be another man's wife." Deuteronomy 24:1-2

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us." - Helen Keller

"Even though you may want to move forward in your life, you may have one foot on the brakes. In order to be free, we must learn how to let go. Release the hurt. Release the fear. Refuse to entertain your old pain. The energy it takes to hang onto the past is holding you back from a new life. What is it you would let go of today?" - Mary Manin Morrissey

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Theresa

Filed: Country: Guyana
Timeline

I am way behind in my posts, how many to get my first heart, 1000? Over 500 to go if thats the case...waaaaa!

Also congrats to Mindy and Roy on your biometrics.

Lake had a test in his pre GED reading class today..he is UP two whole levels. Dont ask me what that means, just sounds good tho, huh? lol He studied for FOUR hours today and that was AFTER his class was over.

Edited by thndrdancr

Timeline

May 15th Lake arrived NYC on tourist visa

6-15-05 Flew NCY to "fetch" Lake for visit here

8-17-05 He Proposed!

8-24-05 MARRIED!

9- 1-05 - SENT AOS, EAD, AP, & ETC

9-12-05 NOA1 - FOR I-130, I-145, & AP, EAD

10-5-05 RFE for Birth C. & medical

10-24-05 GOT LEARNERS PERMIT

11-3-05 DRIVERS LICENSE :)

11-16-05 overnited RFE

11-17-05 Rcvd NOA2 for EAD, bio set for 12-5-05

11-25-05 Recvd AOS bio letter, apptmt for 12-14-05

12-5-05 Biometrics (they did BOTH!)

Infopass, got temp EAD, AP no luck

12-6-05 Applied for SSN, not in system

12-10-05 AP finally arrives!

12-11-05 1 year EAD card!

12-23-05 Interview letter arrives! 3-3-06

1-17-06 SSN arrives!!

3-3-06 Interview-APPROVED! Passport stamped :)

3-14-06 Green card arrives!

Timeline

hey everyone...

well i had a chat with my boss...and we had to compromise so i won't be able to go for 8 days but for 5 days...i guess the most important part is that i will be at the interview so i am glad that i will at the interview...but a little upset cause mike will fly home by himself...but i guess he will fine..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.