aussiewench

Yardies, at home and a farrin'

5,682 posts in this topic

I just threw out my booty doing the dutty.....We got our Biometrics -- this Saturday!!! :dance::dance:

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hi, Iam just cheking in . Hope everyone had a wonderful day.

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY TO YOU ALL(IMO whether you are a mother now or not-you are still female and that means you are someones mom, aunt sister cousin etc and that is all is required)

Congrtaulations on you interveiw date!!!!!!!!!1 :dance:

\I am plague by this again sorry to sound like I am unsure of what I am doing, but I just informed my husband of what is going on with IMBRA and he is very sure that if I go the K3 route we are going to be apart much longer. I have sent out the I130 and the NAO1 is on April 8, bu taccording to the IMBRA and the Carl ( some attorney on one of the numerous websites I was on) CR1 will not be affected by this extended security check.

I am looking fo rsome advice- I am really looking to go the K3 route ( I finally decided on it after a little conversation I had with Elizabeth, but then last night I began reading about IMBRA and the I130 is now popping out at me. I know you guys can't tell me what to do, but I am looking to you guys as experience wives/fiancees of foreign spouses to assit me in making this decision. This new law really sucks. :cry::cry:

I could tell my husband was upset when I told him about the law but I have no ontroll over it, how are the SOs of you other females who are abotuto be trapped in limbo taking this?

I am going to do some home work. If I do not return have a wonderful weekend .

DW,

I did CR1 recently and it took 5 months in total. My husband came to America March 31 and received his ss# in less than a week. He received the green card two weeks after arriving and didn't have any problems with working or getting a driving license. I think if you are filing from vermont service center it will go fast. Most of my friends say it took about 6 - 8 months in total.

If you follow everything VJ saids in the shortcuts you can take off about a month off your time.

I am not sure how the new law will affect your timeline now so check with others on VJ for that.

Timeline
Happy Monday everyone!! (L)
Oh course thats cause I am in NIU country.

I did my time in DeKalb :P You might have some luck in Aurora.....or Elgin.

I will look around there then. My parents are moving close to that area Batavia.

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I just threw out my booty doing the dutty.....We got our Biometrics -- this Saturday!!! :dance::dance:

YYYYYAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYY :dance:

wine, wine, wine,

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Filed: Timeline
a got a QUICK question....ok after the visa is approved...how long do you have to wait until you get it??? Do they send it to you OR can you go and pick it up??? for some reason i thought you could pick it up...can someone help me with this...cause I want to book a flight and i need to know how close i can book it...

the interview is on a friday so the following thursday would that be ok? because i planned on taking off that friday then so i can have 3 days with mike before i have to work...

thanks

They told Adrian 3-5 days and he will recieve it...we asked about picking it up and there are only certian places that you can go to pick it up at and the place in Kingston was far from where we were staying so we decieded to have it delivered...his interview was last tues and I was hoping he would have his visa today or tomorrow...I will let you know as soon as he gets it.

10/25/2005 - I-129F packet mailed to TSC

11/03/2005 - NOA 1 from CSC

11/07/2005 - Check cashed

02/03/2006 - NOA2 by e-mail

05/03/2006 - Leave for Jamaica

05/09/2006 - Interview "VISA APPROVED"

05/15/2006 - Return from Jamaica

05/22/2006 - Called off the wedding and Adrian left

Timeline

Joanna, did you remember to bring what I asked you for :lol:

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

K-1 and AOS

-----------

Live your life!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

:dance::dancing: Congratulations!!! It's about time :yes::dance::dancing:

MY ACCEPTANCE SPEECH:

Well in accepting these two hearts I am humbled! I did not achieve this milestone alone, so I would like to thank everyone who knows me, my AP English teacher, my parents, my husband Henry [he's crying and biting his bottom lip], my boss for not realizing that i am surfing [she's drunk], everyone in the LOST thread and last but not least, my friends in the Yardie Thread!! Thank you! Thank you all!!! [bowing bowing - exiting stage in wrong direction - 7ft model leads me back in the right direction..waving waving...behind curtain]

***Applause***

Truly inspired and from the heart (L)

2 thumbs up :thumbs::thumbs:

Sorry Jonesie...I dont even remember what you asked for :whistle: ...what was it again that I was suppose to bring?

Thanks to all (except for Mindy) for making me not thinking I am going crazy....I am feeling better now but I still really have this nervous feeling that I cannot seem to shake..or maybe it is a scared feeling...I am stressing and I dont know what to do....I had a dream last night that I called off the wedding...and then today my mom says to me "If you are going to call off the wedding do it now and not later"

I really dont think I want to call it off but I am getting very scared about the whole life changing process I am about to go through....I am 31 years old and set in my ways, but I love Adrian and he is the nicest sweetest man I have ever had in my life...I have always went for the "bad" boys and now since I am with a "good" guy I just dont know what to do.....Sorry I just had to get this off my chest.

Timeline

Normally I love that channel...but that show last night :no:

I couldn't believe it when I saw it...

here are some words I thought could fit in the blank...

unbelieveable

shocking

crazy

unimaginable

repulsive

sickening

nauseating

horrible

horrendous

awful

dreadful

horrid

hideous

gross

vile

foul

stomach-turning

ggggguuuuurrrrllllll

I was gettin my hair did (yes did) and when I saw that part, I jumped and got my friggin ear burned - I'm sorry but ole girl needed to be slapped for that. I understand she was scared cause she saw a woman die during childbirth, but to leave the hospital and after your baby stops moving you think nothing of it and chalk it up to "sleeping baby" is ri-effin-diculous langkissteet

Her kids worried cause her health goin down and she ain't said a single word to them about that half century old baby still inside her! These doctors workin hard to see what's up and she never said "well 45 years ago I was pregnant and..."

Mek mi gi har wan good bax fi dat!

I share your sentiments...I was cussing the whole show :ranting:

Timeline

wine, wine, wine,

:lol: You guys are so funny. Congrats Mindy & Roy :luv: .

I saw that show on Discovery health channel too. :dead: It was sickening.

Timeline

Sorry Jonesie...I dont even remember what you asked for :whistle: ...what was it again that I was suppose to bring?

Thanks to all (except for Mindy) for making me not thinking I am going crazy....I am feeling better now but I still really have this nervous feeling that I cannot seem to shake..or maybe it is a scared feeling...I am stressing and I dont know what to do....I had a dream last night that I called off the wedding...and then today my mom says to me "If you are going to call off the wedding do it now and not later"

I really dont think I want to call it off but I am getting very scared about the whole life changing process I am about to go through....I am 31 years old and set in my ways, but I love Adrian and he is the nicest sweetest man I have ever had in my life...I have always went for the "bad" boys and now since I am with a "good" guy I just dont know what to do.....Sorry I just had to get this off my chest.

We had our share of arguments the first two weeks he was here :unsure:, and I had bad feelings and nightmares about our wedding...I'll share the two that I remember

1. I was walking down the aisle and I had a baby pink plastic hairweave in...my nephew was my ringbearere and my aunt (who I didn't invite) was pulling him down the aisle in a red wagon and she had on a bridesmaid dress and pointed toe elf shoes

2. Our wedding was taking place on the corner of my grandparents house. We had two horse drawn carriages (white horses) - anywho the horses started fighting and one horse bit of the others leg

So in sharing that :lol: I say don't fret. It's just that your life is about to change, and nerves are kicking in. Ask yourself if you can imagine spending the rest of your life without him. You've come this far - don't toss it all away on the jitters. If he's here and you still feel that way after a month or so, then that's a different story. I think you two will be fine (L)(F)

wine, wine, wine,

:lol: You guys are so funny. Congrats Mindy & Roy :luv: .

I saw that show on Discovery health channel too. :dead: It was sickening.

:lol: I love that smiley face

K-1 and AOS

-----------

Live your life!

Timeline

We had our share of arguments the first two weeks he was here :unsure:, and I had bad feelings and nightmares about our wedding...I'll share the two that I remember

1. I was walking down the aisle and I had a baby pink plastic hairweave in...my nephew was my ringbearere and my aunt (who I didn't invite) was pulling him down the aisle in a red wagon and she had on a bridesmaid dress and pointed toe elf shoes

2. Our wedding was taking place on the corner of my grandparents house. We had two horse drawn carriages (white horses) - anywho the horses started fighting and one horse bit of the others leg

So in sharing that :lol: I say don't fret. It's just that your life is about to change, and nerves are kicking in. Ask yourself if you can imagine spending the rest of your life without him. You've come this far - don't toss it all away on the jitters. If he's here and you still feel that way after a month or so, then that's a different story. I think you two will be fine (L)(F)

Don't worry Jonesie...we won't tell :no:

Seriously Joanna I would try and destress and take some time for yourself. I think it is just nerves and anxiety. But I do have to agree with Jonesie "If he's here and you still feel that way after a month or so, then that's a different story" If you don't get over those jitters after the first month or so then I would seriously consider taking some sort of action...as for now...enjoy your time before he gets here and enjoy your time when he gets here. Don't stress out and let love take its course...but don't be naive in the process either ;)

PM or email me if you ever want to talk :yes:

Edited by Jme3584

Thanks Jonesie and Jamie...I think I just need a good nights sleep and hopefully I will feel better tomorrow.

I did talk to a girl on the plane today and she works for the Frito Lay (potato chips) plant and she said they hire packers at $12.00hr and you dont have to have a high school or GED.

I think the job thing is what I am stressing the most....hopefully since he is going to get the temp permit from JFK that maybe he can get a seasonal job at one of the theme parks..they are hiring like crazy right now for the summer...its only $7.50hr but something is better then nothing for the time being till he gets the perm work permit.

You guys are the best and I am glad I have ya'll that have been in my shoes. :yes:

Timeline

Joke for the day...

A young man from Jamaica moves to Miami and goes to a big department shopping complex looking for a job.

The manager says, "Do you have any sales experience?"

The Jamaican young man says. "Bossman, mi was a salesman

back home on di streets a Kingston."

Well, the boss liked him so he gave him the job. "You start tomorrow.

I'll come down after we close and see how you did."

His first day on the job was rough but he got through it. After the store

was locked up, the boss came down. "How many sales did you make today?"

The Jamaican young man says, "Man, Just ONE sale"

The boss says, "Just one?? No! No! No!? You see, here our sales people

average 20 or 30 sales a day. If you want to keep this job, you'd better

be doing better than just one sale. By the way, how much was the sale

for?"

The Jamaican young man says, "$301,237.64"

Boss says, "$301,237.64?? What the hell did you sell?"

The Jamaican young man: "Bossman, fus mi sell him one likkle fish hook. Den mi sell him a miggle size fish hook. Den mi sell him a big fish hook. Den mi sell him a fishing rod an sum fishing tings. Den mi ask him whey him a go fishing an him seh dung de coast, so mi tell him sey him a go want a boat, so we go dung a de boating department an mi sell him a twin engine Chris Craft. Den him seh him nuh tink him? Honda Civic caan pull it, so mi tek him dung a wi automotive department an mi sell him di 4X4 Blazer.

Den mi ask him whey him a go sleep, an since him neva? have nuh weh, mi tek him dung a di camping department an sell him one a di new Igloo 6 sleeper camper tents. Den di man seh, while we deh pon it, mi might as well fling in bout $100.00 wut a groceries an two case a beer."

The boss said, "You're not serious? A guy came in here to buy a fish hook and you sold him a boat, a 4x4 truck and a tent?"

The Jamaican young man says, "No sah, him com in yah fi buy one box ah Tampan fi him wife, and mi seh: Well, since yuh weekend mash up, yuh might jus as well go ketch fish."

Edited by Jonesie

K-1 and AOS

-----------

Live your life!

Timeline
Joke for the day...

A young man from Jamaica moves to Miami and goes to a big department shopping complex looking for a job.

The manager says, "Do you have any sales experience?"

The Jamaican young man says. "Bossman, mi was a salesman

back home on di streets a Kingston."

Well, the boss liked him so he gave him the job. "You start tomorrow.

I'll come down after we close and see how you did."

His first day on the job was rough but he got through it. After the store

was locked up, the boss came down. "How many sales did you make today?"

The Jamaican young man says, "Man, Just ONE sale"

The boss says, "Just one?? No! No! No!? You see, here our sales people

average 20 or 30 sales a day. If you want to keep this job, you'd better

be doing better than just one sale. By the way, how much was the sale

for?"

The Jamaican young man says, "$301,237.64"

Boss says, "$301,237.64?? What the hell did you sell?"

The Jamaican young man: "Bossman, fus mi sell him one likkle fish hook. Den mi sell him a miggle size fish hook. Den mi sell him a big fish hook. Den mi sell him a fishing rod an sum fishing tings. Den mi ask him whey him a go fishing an him seh dung de coast, so mi tell him sey him a go want a boat, so we go dung a de boating department an mi sell him a twin engine Chris Craft. Den him seh him nuh tink him? Honda Civic caan pull it, so mi tek him dung a wi automotive department an mi sell him di 4X4 Blazer.

Den mi ask him whey him a go sleep, an since him neva? have nuh weh, mi tek him dung a di camping department an sell him one a di new Igloo 6 sleeper camper tents. Den di man seh, while we deh pon it, mi might as well fling in bout $100.00 wut a groceries an two case a beer."

The boss said, "You're not serious? A guy came in here to buy a fish hook and you sold him a boat, a 4x4 truck and a tent?"

The Jamaican young man says, "No sah, him com in yah fi buy one box ah Tampan fi him wife, and mi seh: Well, since yuh weekend mash up, yuh might jus as well go ketch fish."

Thats a good one :lol::lol::lol:

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.