Yardies, at home and a farrin'

5,682 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Mindy - you and your medical stories LOL LOL

LMAO!!! :lol::lol:

So True!!!! Gotta love 'em!

[

My cousin used to work at the Blue Mountain Cafe that was on Wilson but she recently moved to Schaumburg w/a new name. I can get her info you like. I'm not sure how far west you are.

And I'm in Schaumburg so I can pick it up. What a great network we got here!!!! :thumbs:

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good Afternoon, Happy Monday, it is dark and rainey in NYC, but all is well. God is good! Rohan previouls hand is healing well, but not 100 percent, but he still started a small Gig in a Jamaican Restuarant in Brooklyn today. I am missing him already, but we reallly need the $ ..You know what I mean. I will let you all know how it went.

i get nervous when he goes to kingston because of all the riots and stuff...it just really scares me....

I know what you mean....I used to get "crazy" :wacko: when Roy would go there...he'll be okay.

All the time I hear how Kingston is soo terrible, even Rohan tell me, (thats where he was born and grew), but every time I go it is so peaceful. I think it is just certain areas, though. Anyway with some of the stories Rohan tell me I am glad I never am there when they decide to act up

2/1/2010- AOS , EAD. AP Mailed via USPS priority mail

2/3/2010- Received - via USPS delivery tracking

2/9/2010- Check Cashed

2/9/2010- NOA 1 Received for 131, 765, 485

2/17/2010- Received letter for biometrics

2/19/2010- Completed biometrics via early "walk in'

2/22/2010- Touched on I-765, 48

2/24/2010- Case transferred to CSC

4/2/2010 Card Production Ordered for I-765, AP touched (Yea!!)

4/8/10- Approval notice for I-765 sent via email/ AP touched

4/10/2010 Received AP.

4/12/10 Received EAD-

7/6/10 Contacted USCIS because now Outside normal processing time

7/23/10 Got RFE asking for proof of legitimate marriage- 1page and 1/4 of proofs

8/23/10 sent off RFE response via Expressmail

8/24/10 Received by CSC

9/2/10 Email from USCIS- Card Production Ordered

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Good Afternoon, Happy Monday, it is dark and rainey in NYC, but all is well. God is good! Rohan previouls hand is healing well, but not 100 percent, but he still started a small Gig in a Jamaican Restuarant in Brooklyn today. I am missing him already, but we reallly need the $ ..You know what I mean. I will let you all know how it went.
i get nervous when he goes to kingston because of all the riots and stuff...it just really scares me....

I know what you mean....I used to get "crazy" :wacko: when Roy would go there...he'll be okay.

All the time I hear how Kingston is soo terrible, even Rohan tell me, (thats where he was born and grew), but every time I go it is so peaceful. I think it is just certain areas, though. Anyway with some of the stories Rohan tell me I am glad I never am there when they decide to act up

Congrats to Rohan!! :thumbs: It's a start and it's cash! :dance: I think every additional dollar into the family coffers saves an argument...somehow it does.LOL :lol:

I too never experienced anything untoward in Kingston. I moved about freely and Henry would yell at me to quit hanging my "wedding ring hand" out the window of his car. :huh: But when I knew he was driving back from Kingston to St. Thomas after dark, I'd worry and pray a lot.

Edited by Elizabethnhenry

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

Timeline
Hey all, I wanted to ask for all your prayers once again. I think they really helped before and I think someone really hears you up there when we have a group of us to pray bout things.

My baby grandniece, Kelynn is having a blood vessel bleeding into her brain, its a grade 1, and please lets all pray for it to stop and to let that heal up. I guess there really is nothing that can be done for it. Its so weird, she has been perfect the first month, and she is trying so hard. She weighed in at 6 lbs just yesterday and they had just told my nephew they could take her home in two weeks before this.

Thanks all.

Love ya

I am very sorry (F) to hear about your grand neice, just said a prayer for her

Well well well...

thank you kelly for giving me the number i got through to a real live person. :lol: who might add was not real nice but anywho..what happend i called and it rang and rang called back got the busy sound 2 times called again and waited for about 1 min. and someone answerd i said hi i want to check on my visa( i pushed number 3 cause all the other ones were busy) and she asked for the last name i told her...she put me on hold..asked for the case number i told her and she said..............you have a June 23rd APPOINTMENT!!!!!!!!! I ALMOST screamed in the phone... :lol::lol: so i said ok well do you have a time for me?? and she said yes at 9:15...

SSSOO i am guessing that this law may not be effecting any of us for now....

SO kelly i am going to request your expertise in flights because you are a travel agent after all :lol:

and i think i will leave on the 22nd and come back the following friday...so if you can work you magic that would be great...i found on travelocity( i know i know you don't like those sites) but for Air Jamaica out of Philly for under 400...

WOOO HOOO :dance: , CONGRATS ON YOU INTERVIEW. I know how you felt, Soon you guys will be together

Tenika(Bloomfield) and Squitto(Windsor) and Michele(me-Bloomfield) (repping CT) we have to get together one weekend. I'm going to see the Lion King at the Bushnell and have to start packing for a move the next couple of weekends; but if you're in town in June... BTW I just purchased a condo and will be moving back to "hard hittin' " New Britain :P.

Sounds good, I go to CT quite often , my family is mostly there. Who is in New York, and where about??

2/1/2010- AOS , EAD. AP Mailed via USPS priority mail

2/3/2010- Received - via USPS delivery tracking

2/9/2010- Check Cashed

2/9/2010- NOA 1 Received for 131, 765, 485

2/17/2010- Received letter for biometrics

2/19/2010- Completed biometrics via early "walk in'

2/22/2010- Touched on I-765, 48

2/24/2010- Case transferred to CSC

4/2/2010 Card Production Ordered for I-765, AP touched (Yea!!)

4/8/10- Approval notice for I-765 sent via email/ AP touched

4/10/2010 Received AP.

4/12/10 Received EAD-

7/6/10 Contacted USCIS because now Outside normal processing time

7/23/10 Got RFE asking for proof of legitimate marriage- 1page and 1/4 of proofs

8/23/10 sent off RFE response via Expressmail

8/24/10 Received by CSC

9/2/10 Email from USCIS- Card Production Ordered

Filed: Other Timeline

Dee - Well it's not that bad in JA it just depends on your lifestyle. Once you have a house paid for it's not that bad. My parents built there house from scatch. No housing trust or loans for that matter. They went into "pardna" and every time they got a "draw" it went into another room. They bought the land and ultilities bills are cheaper down there. THere's no monthly rent or mortgage and that saves you a lot right there. It's all about the persons spending habits.

I didn't mean to make it sound bad.....David makes it sound like a bad idea and he owned his own house and car. He's very frugal :hehe: I- we want to do the same someday we just want to have plenty saved up before we go, theres no way I could have enough saved in three years....I just thought it was a lot to go through in such a small amount of time. Darlene sounds like she has a plan. :thumbs:

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi everyone, just catching up.

Anna (Chicago) and Javon (Jamaica)

USCIS: I-130 Process

10/30/06 - Married to my loving husband

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

NVC: CR-1 Process

05/21/07 - NVC recv'd case (per rep @ NVC)

05/29/07 - NVC Assigned Case # (KNG2007******)

06/01/07 - Faxed change of address request to NVC

06/08/07 - NVC confirmed new address

06/18/07 - DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) & AOS (I-864) Fee Bill generated

06/23/07 - Recv'd DS-3032 & AOS Bill via snail mail

07/09/07 - Emailed DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) to NVC

07/19/07 - Mailed AOS Fee Bill ($70) to St. Louis, MO

07/19/07 - Recv'd email from NVC - Choice of Agent was accepted

07/23/07 - IV (DS-230) Fee Bill was generated

08/11/07 - Recv'd IV Fee Bill via snail mail

08/15/07 - Recv'd AOS Packet in the mail

.png

.png

Mindy - you and your medical stories LOL LOL

I don't even want to imagine what it would be like with "human" children. :crying::lol:

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thanks to everyone for the congratulations....it still really hasn't hit me yet that we are going for the interview and that mike might very well soon be here.... :dance:

well now i have to tell my boss that i need 8 days off...ugh...i am NOT looking forward to this...i just know she is going to have a heart attack.... :wacko:

Timeline
Thanks to everyone for the congratulations....it still really hasn't hit me yet that we are going for the interview and that mike might very well soon be here.... :dance:

well now i have to tell my boss that i need 8 days off...ugh...i am NOT looking forward to this...i just know she is going to have a heart attack.... :wacko:

Good luck with that :thumbs:

So I am curious about the whole nannying thing...what will she do while you are gone? Do they have substitute nannies or will she have to get family or friends? Like I said I am just curious as I almost took a nanny job but never understood what would happen if you got sick or went on a trip or something.

Timeline

Good luck with that :thumbs:

So I am curious about the whole nannying thing...what will she do while you are gone? Do they have substitute nannies or will she have to get family or friends? Like I said I am just curious as I almost took a nanny job but never understood what would happen if you got sick or went on a trip or something.

usually what happens is if i were to go on a trip they could call a temp nanny and have her fill in while i am away or call friends family ect...if i am sick well unless i am dying i work...in Februaury i was sick i lost my voice and i still worked...i DO get 2 weeks paid vacation...but it hard to use it because for me i feel quilty...don't ask me why i do i just do...so they will either have someone fill in for me or they will just take care of the kids themselves..

Timeline

Sounds good, I go to CT quite often , my family is mostly there. Who is in New York, and where about??

I amin in NY, in Harlem. :D I spend mostof my time ther a few weekends in Brooklyn (Flatbush)

I do not wish to share any information about this dead end journey.........I have reached my final destination on this train, and it is time for me to get off.

THIS TOO SHALL PASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"If marriage means you fell in love, does divorce mean you climbed out?"

"You never really know a man until you have divorced him."-Zsa Zsa Gabor

"When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favour in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her: then let him write her a bill of divorcement, and give it in her hand, and send her out of his house. And when she is departed out of his house, she may go and be another man's wife." Deuteronomy 24:1-2

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us." - Helen Keller

"Even though you may want to move forward in your life, you may have one foot on the brakes. In order to be free, we must learn how to let go. Release the hurt. Release the fear. Refuse to entertain your old pain. The energy it takes to hang onto the past is holding you back from a new life. What is it you would let go of today?" - Mary Manin Morrissey

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Theresa

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I amin in NY, in Harlem. :D I spend mostof my time ther a few weekends in Brooklyn (Flatbush)

Brooknam in the Hizzouse!

Sorry I had to say that. My NYPD friends call Brooklyn Brooknam! How rude!

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

Filed: Timeline

Hello everyone...just wanted to say hey before I start catching up..

Well I am home now, I was supposed to leave Thur. but yesterday I got sick and was not feeling well so I decied to come home early. Adrian should be here Friday.

Let me ask this, I got a little stressed while I was there and started thinking a whole lot about what the next few months is going to be like, with Adrian coming here, no job, never been here before and then the wedding....I got real stressed thinking about things...Did this happen to any of you???

My mom keeps asking me if I am having second thoughts...I dont think I am I am just a little over whelmed right now.

Joanna

10/25/2005 - I-129F packet mailed to TSC

11/03/2005 - NOA 1 from CSC

11/07/2005 - Check cashed

02/03/2006 - NOA2 by e-mail

05/03/2006 - Leave for Jamaica

05/09/2006 - Interview "VISA APPROVED"

05/15/2006 - Return from Jamaica

05/22/2006 - Called off the wedding and Adrian left

Timeline

Brooknam in the Hizzouse!

Sorry I had to say that. My NYPD friends call Brooklyn Brooknam! How rude!

:lol: , that is cool I have heard worst.

I do not wish to share any information about this dead end journey.........I have reached my final destination on this train, and it is time for me to get off.

THIS TOO SHALL PASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"If marriage means you fell in love, does divorce mean you climbed out?"

"You never really know a man until you have divorced him."-Zsa Zsa Gabor

"When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favour in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her: then let him write her a bill of divorcement, and give it in her hand, and send her out of his house. And when she is departed out of his house, she may go and be another man's wife." Deuteronomy 24:1-2

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us." - Helen Keller

"Even though you may want to move forward in your life, you may have one foot on the brakes. In order to be free, we must learn how to let go. Release the hurt. Release the fear. Refuse to entertain your old pain. The energy it takes to hang onto the past is holding you back from a new life. What is it you would let go of today?" - Mary Manin Morrissey

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Theresa

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.