aussiewench

Yardies, at home and a farrin'

5,682 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Guyana
Timeline

Part of that may also be my fault, I explained to him when the 8 guys won it here, its better if you go in with a group of guys cuz then you can afford to buy more at a time. :(

Timeline

May 15th Lake arrived NYC on tourist visa

6-15-05 Flew NCY to "fetch" Lake for visit here

8-17-05 He Proposed!

8-24-05 MARRIED!

9- 1-05 - SENT AOS, EAD, AP, & ETC

9-12-05 NOA1 - FOR I-130, I-145, & AP, EAD

10-5-05 RFE for Birth C. & medical

10-24-05 GOT LEARNERS PERMIT

11-3-05 DRIVERS LICENSE :)

11-16-05 overnited RFE

11-17-05 Rcvd NOA2 for EAD, bio set for 12-5-05

11-25-05 Recvd AOS bio letter, apptmt for 12-14-05

12-5-05 Biometrics (they did BOTH!)

Infopass, got temp EAD, AP no luck

12-6-05 Applied for SSN, not in system

12-10-05 AP finally arrives!

12-11-05 1 year EAD card!

12-23-05 Interview letter arrives! 3-3-06

1-17-06 SSN arrives!!

3-3-06 Interview-APPROVED! Passport stamped :)

3-14-06 Green card arrives!

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Part of that may also be my fault, I explained to him when the 8 guys won it here, its better if you go in with a group of guys cuz then you can afford to buy more at a time. :(

LOL Yeah he has to learn how to spread out the risk among several individuals.

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

:( Sorry Rhonda, what a terrible work schedule. What time did you have to go in?

I got here at 3:30pm today. I'm stuck on afternoon shift until someone tells me otherwise :angry: I hate it!!!

OH MY GOSH, I FINALLY GOT A (L) IN MY SIGNATURE!!!!!!!! :dance::D:P

I finally chat as much as the rest of you - Squitto, Jamie, Mindy, Dee - who else has a heart (L) ?? :lol: And theres no one here to celebrate it with me :crying:

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance: i must really have a big mouth because i've had a heart for like ever now, lol. Congrats Rhonda...welcome to the club! :D

Joining the big mouth club :whistle: Elizabeth...you are really close to a second heart. I think I am about 370 away from 2 hearts...better get working on that :lol:

Rhonda~ Congrats on the (L)

Nannygirl~ Congrats on the interview…June 23rd is just around the corner :dance:

Congrats on Henry’s new job…that is some serious money :yes:

Shemanya~ I hope you have a great girls trip to JA!

Jill~ I will say a prayer for your grandniece :luv:

Iceyspots~ :dance: Thanks for stopping by :yes:

Mindy~ So what did you get for mother’s day? ;)

Sorry if I missed anyone or anything...I was quite behind :unsure:

Hope everyone had a great weekend! (F)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Well.....I am sorry to hear about the bad weather everyone is having....the local news showed floods all over the place. Looks like the east coat is getting hit hard!!! Stay safe and stay dry.........

:blush: I wish I could complain....but we are having a little "heat wave" here in Cali...It was around 90 degrees yesterday and supposed to be in the upper 80's today.........kinda reminds me of Jamaica without the humidity and also without my sweetheart!! :(

Take care everyone......

PS. Don't worry Shauna......Mike will be okay........

CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE: www.embassyart.homestead.com

SEE K-1 TIME LINE IN MY PROFILE

.....INTERVIEW JULY 10, 2006-APPROVED

07/19/06-Duane flew home to the USA-FINALLY!!!!!!!

08/17/06-DUANE AND KIM GOT MARRIED

PART 2 BEGINS

09/20/06- EAD/AOS Mailed to Chicago Today..........Here we go again!!!

10/13/06- Biometric appointment-San Francisco

12/07/06- AOS Interview-San Francisco

CAUGHT IN FBI NAME CHECK DELAY

04/23/07-Received AOS Approval E-Mail

04/25/07-Received CARD Production E-mail

WAITING FOR GREEN CARD TO ARRIVE.......

It's cold and gloomy here in Chicago too!!

Blood, blood and more blood. Axl (my oldest girl) popped a nail on Saturday morning -- it was still attached and sideways on her paw....we had to rush her to the vet because she has that Doberman disease (VonWildebrand) where their blood doesn't clot and she could easily bleed to death -- well.....they gave her a tranquilizer shot to sleep and pulled the nail off....it was pretty gross. So the rest of my weekend was spent trying to keep her calm and blood free.

I know, I know.....too much information. At least I'm not talking about ####### sacs!! :lol:

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good morning everyone

It is a glorious and sunny morning here. My boo is enjoying school (praise the Lord) and he isn't in ESL english - so that is a plus. I helped him with his homework over the weekend and the biggest thing from what I see he needs to work on is spelling.

I hope everyone has a good day :)

Nanny congrats on interview date

Dancer I will say a prayer for your grandniece

SJB - mi waan guh too :crying: can I sneak in your luggage? :lol:

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Timeline

Blood, blood and more blood. Axl (my oldest girl) popped a nail on Saturday morning -- it was still attached and sideways on her paw....we had to rush her to the vet because she has that Doberman disease (VonWildebrand) where their blood doesn't clot and she could easily bleed to death -- well.....they gave her a tranquilizer shot to sleep and pulled the nail off....it was pretty gross. So the rest of my weekend was spent trying to keep her calm and blood free.

I know, I know.....too much information. At least I'm not talking about ####### sacs!! :lol:

yo yo yo, i am eating a tangerine heah (said with my ny accent) :lol:

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Mindy - you and your medical stories LOL LOL

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Filed: Country: Guyana
Timeline

Elizabeth,

Where did you get those highly coveted bitter melon seeds? Is there a place to buy them there? I know New York has a real big Guyanese population, so I am imagining they have lots of stores that sell them.

And thanks for the prayers everyone, for my grand niece, they do another ultrasound in a week. Not sure, everything I read on the web says it happens usually to preemie's first born, not after a month. Apparently they noticed it (the doctor, hospital staff) two weeks ago, but just now brought it to our attention. ARGHH!

Timeline

May 15th Lake arrived NYC on tourist visa

6-15-05 Flew NCY to "fetch" Lake for visit here

8-17-05 He Proposed!

8-24-05 MARRIED!

9- 1-05 - SENT AOS, EAD, AP, & ETC

9-12-05 NOA1 - FOR I-130, I-145, & AP, EAD

10-5-05 RFE for Birth C. & medical

10-24-05 GOT LEARNERS PERMIT

11-3-05 DRIVERS LICENSE :)

11-16-05 overnited RFE

11-17-05 Rcvd NOA2 for EAD, bio set for 12-5-05

11-25-05 Recvd AOS bio letter, apptmt for 12-14-05

12-5-05 Biometrics (they did BOTH!)

Infopass, got temp EAD, AP no luck

12-6-05 Applied for SSN, not in system

12-10-05 AP finally arrives!

12-11-05 1 year EAD card!

12-23-05 Interview letter arrives! 3-3-06

1-17-06 SSN arrives!!

3-3-06 Interview-APPROVED! Passport stamped :)

3-14-06 Green card arrives!

Timeline
Elizabeth,

Where did you get those highly coveted bitter melon seeds? Is there a place to buy them there? I know New York has a real big Guyanese population, so I am imagining they have lots of stores that sell them.

And thanks for the prayers everyone, for my grand niece, they do another ultrasound in a week. Not sure, everything I read on the web says it happens usually to preemie's first born, not after a month. Apparently they noticed it (the doctor, hospital staff) two weeks ago, but just now brought it to our attention. ARGHH!

My cousins got 10 seeds on Liberty Ave in Queens. I think she paid $2. Someone at church promised to give me some, but has not as yet. If and when he does, I can send them to you.

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Well.....I am sorry to hear about the bad weather everyone is having....the local news showed floods all over the place. Looks like the east coat is getting hit hard!!! Stay safe and stay dry.........

:blush: I wish I could complain....but we are having a little "heat wave" here in Cali...It was around 90 degrees yesterday and supposed to be in the upper 80's today.........kinda reminds me of Jamaica without the humidity and also without my sweetheart!! :(

Take care everyone......

PS. Don't worry Shauna......Mike will be okay........

aaww poor kim you will be in JA before you know it!! maybe at the same time as me!! and this time we NEED TO MEET UP!!! :lol::lol:

i know he will be fine he is going with a couple other friends so they will all look out for each other it is that he has that damn razr phone and i just worry that someone will see it and do something...so i just wait till he calls me to say he is home :unsure:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Does anyone in IL know where you could by JA food or is there a restraint. I remember seeing a JA both at the taste. I can't remember the name of the restraint at all. Does anyone know that place and where it is located?

Everyone have a happy mother's day!!!

One Luv

Jax

Jax - I think you're talking about Maxine's out south on 87th & Cottage Grove. There is a lot of restaurants out south but I live on the northside and don't know all of them. Maxine's sell good food and my a friend of mines had her cater her wedding but she's too dear (my opinion). I know a few ppl that worked w/her but I guess I'm being biased b/c she makes good money and don't want to pay anybody nothing. I know she also help ppl who not str8 so knows.

Rennassaince (sp?) is going to be at the Taste (63rd & Lowe) in Chicago on 5/27 if anyone is interested. I would go but I'll be in NY for the holiday weekend.

Does anyone in IL know where you could by JA food or is there a restraint. I remember seeing a JA both at the taste. I can't remember the name of the restraint at all. Does anyone know that place and where it is located?

There is a "market" in Rogers Park....Anna knows exactly where it is. There is also a store in Evanston -- we have been there. It's called 'Caribbean Linstead Market' -- 723 Howard, Evanston (847) 492-8220. There is also a new restaurant that just opened in Evanston....not sure of the name or where it exactly is....

I think you are west....I am south and we have a few African stores by us. I have had luck there too. Do an internet search for African/Caribbean stores. You might be surprised what you find near your house.

The restaurant that opened in Evanston is cld Claire's Korner....just found out the ppl in there knows Javon. I went in there w/his niece and they come from the side part in Lincoln Mandeville. What a small world. The phone is good too...a lot better then other places. There is about 3 JA'n restaurants on Howard st and don't forget the bakery. Lately a friend and I have been thinking of opening a Golden Crust here b/c the business could really use some help..lol

Thanks ladies this really helps me out. I guess I am getting ahead of myself since he wont be here for a year still. I go to Evaston sometimes with my girlfriend so we will have to check out these places. She is throwing my bach party soon so I will check it out then. I checked the Chicago burbs list of places but there is nothing out in the far west burbs that are closer to me. Oh course thats cause I am in NIU country.

My prayers our with you and your family (F) .

My cousin used to work at the Blue Mountain Cafe that was on Wilson but she recently moved to Schaumburg w/a new name. I can get her info you like. I'm not sure how far west you are.

Anna (Chicago) and Javon (Jamaica)

USCIS: I-130 Process

10/30/06 - Married to my loving husband

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

NVC: CR-1 Process

05/21/07 - NVC recv'd case (per rep @ NVC)

05/29/07 - NVC Assigned Case # (KNG2007******)

06/01/07 - Faxed change of address request to NVC

06/08/07 - NVC confirmed new address

06/18/07 - DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) & AOS (I-864) Fee Bill generated

06/23/07 - Recv'd DS-3032 & AOS Bill via snail mail

07/09/07 - Emailed DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) to NVC

07/19/07 - Mailed AOS Fee Bill ($70) to St. Louis, MO

07/19/07 - Recv'd email from NVC - Choice of Agent was accepted

07/23/07 - IV (DS-230) Fee Bill was generated

08/11/07 - Recv'd IV Fee Bill via snail mail

08/15/07 - Recv'd AOS Packet in the mail

.png

.png

Hello Everyone,

I wanted to say a quick hello bfore I catch up with all this reading.So happy to see everyone moving right along.Congrats to everyone :dance::dance: Well let me continue reading.A Big Hello to all the newbies :star::star: You definitely came to the right place.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

yo yo yo, i am eating a tangerine heah (said with my ny accent) :lol:

:lol::lol:

Sorry to hear about that Mindy. Glad you got it all taken care of and she is good now :yes:

Timeline

Anyone in touch with Myisha?

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.