aussiewench

Yardies, at home and a farrin'

5,682 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Another start to a Fab Monday.. Or wet Monday I should say here but it looks the the east side of the country is getting hit pretty bad. Off to work. I hope everyone had a great mothers day.

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Happy Monday everyone!! (L)

Oh course thats cause I am in NIU country.

I did my time in DeKalb :P You might have some luck in Aurora.....or Elgin.

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good morning-

(L)(L)(L) Happy Monday!!! (L)(L)(L)

My prayers are with you 'dancr" for your grandniece Kelynn. I saw her pictures you posted on Yahoo!!!! What a cutie-pa-tootie!!!!!!! :yes::yes:

CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE: www.embassyart.homestead.com

SEE K-1 TIME LINE IN MY PROFILE

.....INTERVIEW JULY 10, 2006-APPROVED

07/19/06-Duane flew home to the USA-FINALLY!!!!!!!

08/17/06-DUANE AND KIM GOT MARRIED

PART 2 BEGINS

09/20/06- EAD/AOS Mailed to Chicago Today..........Here we go again!!!

10/13/06- Biometric appointment-San Francisco

12/07/06- AOS Interview-San Francisco

CAUGHT IN FBI NAME CHECK DELAY

04/23/07-Received AOS Approval E-Mail

04/25/07-Received CARD Production E-mail

WAITING FOR GREEN CARD TO ARRIVE.......

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Helloooooo everyone....ugh i am so lazy today i think it is from the weather outside :(

mr. mike is off to kingston today to get his police certificate :D

i hope he will be ok....i get nervous when he goes to kingston because of all the riots and stuff...it just really scares me....

i get nervous when he goes to kingston because of all the riots and stuff...it just really scares me....

I know what you mean....I used to get "crazy" :wacko: when Roy would go there...he'll be okay.

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Happy....dark....rainy.....cold....Monday!!! LOL

My office feels like a dark cave...I can barely see out the window.

Anywho, I hope everyone has a great day!!!

i get nervous when he goes to kingston because of all the riots and stuff...it just really scares me....

I know what you mean....I used to get "crazy" :wacko: when Roy would go there...he'll be okay.

I know the feeling! :yes:

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

Filed: Timeline

Good morning all!! It's cold and rainy in NYC. Just wanted to give you all a shout before I go catch up...I've got mad pages to read. Soon come...

Well well well...

thank you kelly for giving me the number i got through to a real live person. :lol: who might add was not real nice but anywho..what happend i called and it rang and rang called back got the busy sound 2 times called again and waited for about 1 min. and someone answerd i said hi i want to check on my visa( i pushed number 3 cause all the other ones were busy) and she asked for the last name i told her...she put me on hold..asked for the case number i told her and she said..............you have a June 23rd APPOINTMENT!!!!!!!!! I ALMOST screamed in the phone... :lol::lol: so i said ok well do you have a time for me?? and she said yes at 9:15...

SSSOO i am guessing that this law may not be effecting any of us for now....

SO kelly i am going to request your expertise in flights because you are a travel agent after all :lol:

and i think i will leave on the 22nd and come back the following friday...so if you can work you magic that would be great...i found on travelocity( i know i know you don't like those sites) but for Air Jamaica out of Philly for under 400...

Congratulations on getting your interview date, it'll be here before you know it! :dance:

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to pop in and say hello.

Welcome to all the newcomers and congratulations to all advancing in this process!

For all those still making adjustments, hang in there. Life always presents us with challanges. If it's not one thing it's five :blink:

For all going to Jamica soon, enjoy!!! I just returned last month myself and am missing it already.

Tenika(Bloomfield) and Squitto(Windsor) and Michele(me-Bloomfield) (repping CT) we have to get together one weekend. I'm going to see the Lion King at the Bushnell and have to start packing for a move the next couple of weekends; but if you're in town in June... BTW I just purchased a condo and will be moving back to "hard hittin' " New Britain :P.

Everyone have a great weekend and holiday.

Michele (F)

That would be great!! I spend every other weekend in CT nowadays as Squito and I's big wedding is exactly two months from today so we're up there a lot finalizing our wedding plans. Let me know when oonuh waan link up! ;)

I know people already think Im crazy waiting 8 years but everyone has to remember we were young. Know that he is 24 and Im 27 I think we are ready. :P

I hear you, when Squito and I met he was 21 and I was 18...we were waaaaaaaaay too young for a serious relationship. I'm glad that we waited. :yes:

Hi girls. I've been seriously MIA these days. Work has been a ridiculous load so I've been coming home at night, eating and going straight to bad. Henry has been so good to me, giving me sweet foot rubs,etc.

I feel like so much has happened.

Somebody please send me the link to the info on this new law....I'm curious what it's all about.

As far as the K1/K3 discussion goes...I am so glad that we went for the K1 route. I couldn't bear to be away from him any longer than we had to....and I didn't want to make that major commitment and vow to someone only to get on a plane alone and not know when we'd meet again. I think that is more stressful.

We simply budgeted our money and lived modestly for the first 5 months when he was here. He picked up some cash jobs to help out with food and rent and we made it work. Living the simple life for those first months actually helped us get close again and spend that time adjusting.

Henry just got a new job. I'm so happy for him. He has this dream of being a plumber, I don't know where it came from...but he just got hired as a Plumbers Apprentice with a Plumbing, Heating, HVAC company. They are paying him $15/hr and he gets us both health insurance and 2 weeks paid vaca! It is his first big break since he's been here and he is so proud. I am too!

Did anyone ever here from Eric? I never did hear what happened with his wife and their visa...anyone?

Hopefully I'll be popping in more often. :star:

That's wonderful!! Please send Henry my congratulations!! What a blessing. I'm so glad you checked in with us, I was just thinking of your last week. :luv:

Two weeks from today my daughter, myself, my cousin and 3 daughters will be in JA enjoying an all girl relaxed, fun trip. Can't wait to be on the beach.

Damien won't be joining us because he thought he would have a new job by now and didn't want to take off May and July. And he hates to take off and lose money - an extremely hard worker. He's been at his job for a year now and never been late or missed a day. He received a few phone calls from employers this week so hopefully something will happen very soon. If nothing comes through then he may buy a ticket and stay with brothers.

It's going to feel funny being in JA without him if he can't make it. But he still have the July trip to look forward to :yes:

yay!! that sounds like fun...now that squito's here, I really miss going to JA... :blush:

Filed: Country: Guyana
Timeline

Good morning, everyone!

Cold, dark, and drear here in Nebraska too. I should be out planting stuff but its soooooo COLD!!! All my okra died already, whats WITH this weather. The high today and yesterday is 60! I remember having a FEW days in May that used to be chill and damp in years past, but gosh, its been that way for the last MONTH now! Enuff already! I do remember last year was unseasonably cold as well this time. :(

Timeline

May 15th Lake arrived NYC on tourist visa

6-15-05 Flew NCY to "fetch" Lake for visit here

8-17-05 He Proposed!

8-24-05 MARRIED!

9- 1-05 - SENT AOS, EAD, AP, & ETC

9-12-05 NOA1 - FOR I-130, I-145, & AP, EAD

10-5-05 RFE for Birth C. & medical

10-24-05 GOT LEARNERS PERMIT

11-3-05 DRIVERS LICENSE :)

11-16-05 overnited RFE

11-17-05 Rcvd NOA2 for EAD, bio set for 12-5-05

11-25-05 Recvd AOS bio letter, apptmt for 12-14-05

12-5-05 Biometrics (they did BOTH!)

Infopass, got temp EAD, AP no luck

12-6-05 Applied for SSN, not in system

12-10-05 AP finally arrives!

12-11-05 1 year EAD card!

12-23-05 Interview letter arrives! 3-3-06

1-17-06 SSN arrives!!

3-3-06 Interview-APPROVED! Passport stamped :)

3-14-06 Green card arrives!

Filed: Timeline

:( Sorry Rhonda, what a terrible work schedule. What time did you have to go in?

I got here at 3:30pm today. I'm stuck on afternoon shift until someone tells me otherwise :angry: I hate it!!!

OH MY GOSH, I FINALLY GOT A (L) IN MY SIGNATURE!!!!!!!! :dance::D:P

I finally chat as much as the rest of you - Squitto, Jamie, Mindy, Dee - who else has a heart (L) ?? :lol: And theres no one here to celebrate it with me :crying:

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance: i must really have a big mouth because i've had a heart for like ever now, lol. Congrats Rhonda...welcome to the club! :D

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Good morning, everyone!

Cold, dark, and drear here in Nebraska too. I should be out planting stuff but its soooooo COLD!!! All my okra died already, whats WITH this weather. The high today and yesterday is 60! I remember having a FEW days in May that used to be chill and damp in years past, but gosh, its been that way for the last MONTH now! Enuff already! I do remember last year was unseasonably cold as well this time. :(

Jill

I know you also planted bitter melon, right? Did you plant long bean (bora)? It's a GT staple. Here's a pic:

http://www.kitazawaseed.com/seeds_yard_long_bean.html My aunt in North Carolina had a bumper crop last year. I am planting some long bean and bitter melon next week. Wish me luck.

:( Sorry Rhonda, what a terrible work schedule. What time did you have to go in?

I got here at 3:30pm today. I'm stuck on afternoon shift until someone tells me otherwise :angry: I hate it!!!

OH MY GOSH, I FINALLY GOT A (L) IN MY SIGNATURE!!!!!!!! :dance::D:P

I finally chat as much as the rest of you - Squitto, Jamie, Mindy, Dee - who else has a heart (L) ?? :lol: And theres no one here to celebrate it with me :crying:

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance: i must really have a big mouth because i've had a heart for like ever now, lol. Congrats Rhonda...welcome to the club! :D

Me too!! :lol::lol: I need 33 more posts for my second heart. I better get busy and start posting around congratulations everywhere! :P

Edited by Elizabethnhenry

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

Timeline

Elizabeth,

Lake has some long bean seedlings he brought back, and he is soaking them right as we speak. He put them in to soak Saturday, and was going to plant yesterday, as it was SUPPOSED to be 70 and sunny, but it was 60, windy and cold, cold, cold. He wanted ME to go out and plant them! lol

We dont have any bitter melon, I cant find the seeds anywhere. I saw some on Ebay for 5 bux for 15 seeds, can you imagine? But I didnt get them, now wishing I had. I ordered some from a seed company out of Canada, but they are not the kind we normally eat, they look real strange. I cant find the seeds anywhere and he didnt bring any of those. I have called all the nursery's around here, its just not a crop grown here. :(

Good luck in your planting! I always have a bit of a garden if I can, with at least okra, and tomatoes, cuz I luv home grown tomatoes. :)

We also have onions, and wow, they are ready already, we have TOO many! Never thot my hubby could have too many onions cuz he uses them in everything!

Timeline

8-17-05 He Proposed!

8-24-05 MARRIED!

11-16-05 overnited RFE

1-17-06 SSN arrives!!

Timeline

Good morning , Happy Monday everyone. I am off to catch up.

I do not wish to share any information about this dead end journey.........I have reached my final destination on this train, and it is time for me to get off.

THIS TOO SHALL PASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"If marriage means you fell in love, does divorce mean you climbed out?"

"You never really know a man until you have divorced him."-Zsa Zsa Gabor

"When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favour in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her: then let him write her a bill of divorcement, and give it in her hand, and send her out of his house. And when she is departed out of his house, she may go and be another man's wife." Deuteronomy 24:1-2

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us." - Helen Keller

"Even though you may want to move forward in your life, you may have one foot on the brakes. In order to be free, we must learn how to let go. Release the hurt. Release the fear. Refuse to entertain your old pain. The energy it takes to hang onto the past is holding you back from a new life. What is it you would let go of today?" - Mary Manin Morrissey

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Theresa

Timeline

Wow, I only have 384 posts, I better get crackin! lol

Ok, guys, did anyone see my discussion question on friday morning about naivete? I dont know bout your guys, but my hubby, at least when he first came, could fall for anything. I set him up an email, but didnt warn him about all those popups that say "You have WON!!!".. boy what a mistake..and he knows about telemarketers right off the bat I warned him bout that. But I just found out he spend like $50 bux in the last 2 weeks on lottery tickets. I know its his money but... :whistle: That and he is VERY practical about paying bills an stuff but omg, he really thinks he is gonna win if he buys enuff of them. :help:

Timeline

8-17-05 He Proposed!

8-24-05 MARRIED!

11-16-05 overnited RFE

1-17-06 SSN arrives!!

Timeline
Hey all, I wanted to ask for all your prayers once again. I think they really helped before and I think someone really hears you up there when we have a group of us to pray bout things.

My baby grandniece, Kelynn is having a blood vessel bleeding into her brain, its a grade 1, and please lets all pray for it to stop and to let that heal up. I guess there really is nothing that can be done for it. Its so weird, she has been perfect the first month, and she is trying so hard. She weighed in at 6 lbs just yesterday and they had just told my nephew they could take her home in two weeks before this.

Thanks all.

Love ya

I am so sorry to hear this and i will say an extra prayer for your grandniece. (F)(L)(L)(L)(F)

I do not wish to share any information about this dead end journey.........I have reached my final destination on this train, and it is time for me to get off.

THIS TOO SHALL PASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"If marriage means you fell in love, does divorce mean you climbed out?"

"You never really know a man until you have divorced him."-Zsa Zsa Gabor

"When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favour in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her: then let him write her a bill of divorcement, and give it in her hand, and send her out of his house. And when she is departed out of his house, she may go and be another man's wife." Deuteronomy 24:1-2

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us." - Helen Keller

"Even though you may want to move forward in your life, you may have one foot on the brakes. In order to be free, we must learn how to let go. Release the hurt. Release the fear. Refuse to entertain your old pain. The energy it takes to hang onto the past is holding you back from a new life. What is it you would let go of today?" - Mary Manin Morrissey

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Theresa

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.