aussiewench

Yardies, at home and a farrin'

5,682 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Guyana
Timeline

Congrats on your heart, Rhonda.

And congrats to Henry for the plumbing job...that will very nice, as well as handy. Hope he likes it, Ann!

Nite all.

Timeline

May 15th Lake arrived NYC on tourist visa

6-15-05 Flew NCY to "fetch" Lake for visit here

8-17-05 He Proposed!

8-24-05 MARRIED!

9- 1-05 - SENT AOS, EAD, AP, & ETC

9-12-05 NOA1 - FOR I-130, I-145, & AP, EAD

10-5-05 RFE for Birth C. & medical

10-24-05 GOT LEARNERS PERMIT

11-3-05 DRIVERS LICENSE :)

11-16-05 overnited RFE

11-17-05 Rcvd NOA2 for EAD, bio set for 12-5-05

11-25-05 Recvd AOS bio letter, apptmt for 12-14-05

12-5-05 Biometrics (they did BOTH!)

Infopass, got temp EAD, AP no luck

12-6-05 Applied for SSN, not in system

12-10-05 AP finally arrives!

12-11-05 1 year EAD card!

12-23-05 Interview letter arrives! 3-3-06

1-17-06 SSN arrives!!

3-3-06 Interview-APPROVED! Passport stamped :)

3-14-06 Green card arrives!

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
a got a QUICK question....ok after the visa is approved...how long do you have to wait until you get it??? Do they send it to you OR can you go and pick it up??? for some reason i thought you could pick it up...can someone help me with this...cause I want to book a flight and i need to know how close i can book it...

the interview is on a friday so the following thursday would that be ok? because i planned on taking off that friday then so i can have 3 days with mike before i have to work...

thanks

You used to be able to pick it up, but now you have to use a courier service. I think the average is three days...look at our timelines and you might be able to see on average what it is. I think you are approved on Friday the following Thursday is probably safe. :yes:

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

:( Sorry Rhonda, what a terrible work schedule. What time did you have to go in?

I got here at 3:30pm today. I'm stuck on afternoon shift until someone tells me otherwise :angry: I hate it!!!

OH MY GOSH, I FINALLY GOT A (L) IN MY SIGNATURE!!!!!!!! :dance::D:P

I finally chat as much as the rest of you - Squitto, Jamie, Mindy, Dee - who else has a heart (L) ?? :lol: And theres no one here to celebrate it with me :crying:

Congrats on your Heart! You keep this room a chating! awsome!! :dance: How long did it take it?

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
For the present I am glad I choose the K1, I know people who did the K3 and waited years. I dont know how I could have ever left my other half in another country for soo long.

Good point, Tenika, but right now the K-3s are processed within months. I think that is THE hardest part of the K-3...it was tough tough tough to get on that plane after a short honeymoon, leaving my HUSBAND behind. It was harder, because we were given the okay to begin our lives together and live under one roof --- but that was put on hold for 9 months (3 getting paperwork together and 6 waiting for visa). I also think folks are more cruel when you are waiting for a spouse as opposed to a fiance. Your spouse is your spouse no turning back - so I got a lot of 'well you're screwed if he gets denied." I cannot tell you how many times I was teased and asked if I planned to move to JA because they felt (i say hoped!) he would get denied.

Folks are :devil:

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Jax I would love to tell you not to worry, bu tI myself is worrying alot, not because of anythign negative just because I have a deep lingering feeling of mistrust and could use my husbands physical presence. According to the reading the CAR1 are not going to be affected. The only thing that will change is they will be stricter on the K1 and K3 filers. The I129F will be more extensive and cause for more background information which will lead to a longer background check from Homeland security.

Thanks for the update I was getting nervous. I trust Dwain and if anything happens the guys who love us down there would say something. And if I dont trust him he will do it anyways. My professor told me never to trust a JA. I'm the first one out of her group to marry someone down there and she has been going since 1977 the year before I was born. she is getting old lol like 64 or something she is a tyrant. Thanks again for the info it was all confusing. It is true that the CR1 just takes a year right and I see the K-3 people have been getting in after 9 months. I was hopping him to be approved next August and next year I can go down and spend June through August with him in JA to say goodbye to our friends and his mom. Hopefully she will teach me how to cook some JA food. Does anyone in IL know where you could by JA food or is there a restraint. I remember seeing a JA both at the taste. I can't remember the name of the restraint at all. Does anyone know that place and where it is located?

Everyone have a happy mother's day!!!

One Luv

Jax

For the present I am glad I choose the K1, I know people who did the K3 and waited years. I dont know how I could have ever left my other half in another country for soo long.

Good point, Tenika, but right now the K-3s are processed within months. I think that is THE hardest part of the K-3...it was tough tough tough to get on that plane after a short honeymoon, leaving my HUSBAND behind. It was harder, because we were given the okay to begin our lives together and live under one roof --- but that was put on hold for 9 months (3 getting paperwork together and 6 waiting for visa). I also think folks are more cruel when you are waiting for a spouse as opposed to a fiance. Your spouse is your spouse no turning back - so I got a lot of 'well you're screwed if he gets denied." I cannot tell you how many times I was teased and asked if I planned to move to JA because they felt (i say hoped!) he would get denied.

I have the same thing happening why are you getting married in Jamaica. So will you be here to work next year? And I say yes!!! Why not stay with him they ask? Cause I make a better salary. What if you get denied will you work in JA. Why does a Visa take so long to get they ask??? And why a year??? It must be tough. I tell them Im use to being apart but it maybe differnet know that Im married. The trip in August is the firt time Im allowed to stay at his house instead of renting a JA hotel room. The JA hotel room is not bad its cheap 20 bucks a night and it use to be right under his moms house until she moved to the country last August becaue Mo Bay prices are to high. But Im so excited to stay with him and his friends. There will be 5 of us in one house and one bathroom so that might be a problem. Maybe I should get my own room on the next street. Anyways Im just blabing away tonight. My friends all just left my get togther and I hope this make since I had a lot of wine and Margaritas. LOL Oh Boy!

Night

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

:( Sorry Rhonda, what a terrible work schedule. What time did you have to go in?

I got here at 3:30pm today. I'm stuck on afternoon shift until someone tells me otherwise :angry: I hate it!!!

I finally chat as much as the rest of you - Squitto, Jamie, Mindy, Dee - who else has a heart (L) ?? :lol: And theres no one here to celebrate it with me :crying:

Congrats Rhonda. I got my red heart earlier this week (L) . It took forever.

Happy Mothers Day!! (F)(L)

Henry just got a new job

That is so awesome.....CONGRATULATIONS!!! :dance:

Remember how funny you were when you were trying to get to Gold? I think the next heart is 2000.... :whistle:

ok after the visa is approved...how long do you have to wait until you get it?

You have to go to Airpak which is around the corner from the Embassy....they say 3-5 business days....some have gotten it in that time, some have not. If you want to make sure you get it in the earliest amount of time, request to come back to the Embassy to pick it up.

Does anyone in IL know where you could by JA food or is there a restraint. I remember seeing a JA both at the taste. I can't remember the name of the restraint at all. Does anyone know that place and where it is located?

There is a "market" in Rogers Park....Anna knows exactly where it is. There is also a store in Evanston -- we have been there. It's called 'Caribbean Linstead Market' -- 723 Howard, Evanston (847) 492-8220. There is also a new restaurant that just opened in Evanston....not sure of the name or where it exactly is....

I think you are west....I am south and we have a few African stores by us. I have had luck there too. Do an internet search for African/Caribbean stores. You might be surprised what you find near your house.

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

We plan on moving to Jamaica in 3 years so would he have to file for permanent residencey anyway?

Should he?

How long can he drive on his Jamaican license?

Most of my questions would pertain to after he gets here and up until the time we move.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Darlene,

I'm a bit confused :unsure: Why would you go to all the trouble of filing for a K-1 or a K-3 Visa if you guys are going to move to Jamaica eventually anyways? Just curious.

Good morning!

We want to put away as much money as we can so that we can live somewhat comfortably when we move. He will get a job easier than I could. The house need to be completely done and paid for.

I can't wait another 3 years to be together.

I'm still confused, Why will you have to wait three years to be together. Seeems like it would take more than three years (of working here in the States),to save enough money to live comfortabley even in JA?? It still seems like a lot to go through, If your just getting ready to file, he will most like not get here for another six months to a year. Then it will take another three-six months for EAD, and hopefully not a full year for a green card as it has taken a couple folks here. Will the house be paid for in that amount of time??? What kind of Job will he be doing in JA ? How long will it last? Can you live with him supporting you? Are you planning on rasing children there? Everytime I mentioned moving to JA my husband was always like no way we could never live there....not until we retire at least. It's beautiful place yes but It's a hard living. I would encourage you to think long and hard before moving there.

I work for the State of Massachusetts and have 3 more years to put in so that I can leave with cheap health insurance. I want us to be able to be taken care of properly if we were to get need major surgery, in the States, not Jamaica. By time we are ready to move his house should be done and paid for. In the next 3 years I will start to buy things to furnish it and get what I want to be comfortable. He will be able to find work in Jamaica and I am planning on taking night classes on web design so that I can possible do something with that. I will not be able to sit around and do nothing (definitely will for a few months). I know we won't be living high of the hog but we will not go hungry.

I am more optimistic than he and I am hoping it will not take 6 month for the EAD to go through. The day we get here we will go for the marriage license, get married, submit the paperwork for everything to start that process. A wedding is not necessary for me as I have already been through it but he has not been married before so once we can travel back to Jamaica we will have something there with his family. No kids involved.

I know all the pros and cons about living in Jamaica. It is difficult but if you are prepared it should not be so bad. It will be an adjustment for me but I have made so very good friends over the years so I will not be totally alone.

Question??? Does he have to go for a green card? Does anyone know what happens if he does not? Does anyone know what would happen if we were to live in Jamaica for a while and then decide to come back to the States?

Thanks for the help and for listening.

WE ARE DONE!!!

darlene,

good luck with all of your planning. it will be very tough for you. I am also in MA and the whole process took us 6 months from entry to green card..we were very lucky. but remember, it is conditional for the first 2 years and the next paper work happens in November 2007 for us. I have had other friends in MA take up to 13 months for their first gc.

It is not a smooth path and there is certainly not one way the path will take you. Prepare for delays and prepare for things to be bumpy.

There is no point for him to come here and not get his gc. you cannot plan on living with an EAD and AP papers...You must wait and do the paperwork the proper way, it will hurt you in the end otherwise.

You shouldn't leave the US until he is a permanent Green card holder which could be 3 years or more.

hope some of this advice helps.

See Profile for K-1, AOS and Removing of Conditions Timelines:

Naturalization (N-400):

NOVEMBER 24, 2008 N-400 in the mail!

NOVEMBER 28, 2008 N-400 Arrives

DECEMBER 4, 2008 Check is Cashed!

DECEMBER 10, 2008 NOA1 Received

DECEMBER 16, 2008 NOA2 Received

JANUARY 6, 2009 Fingerprints

FEBRUARY 26, 2009 Interview date recieved

APRIL 8, 2009 Interview

JUNE 12, 2009 Oath Ceremony

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
ok after the visa is approved...how long do you have to wait until you get it?

You have to go to Airpak which is around the corner from the Embassy....they say 3-5 business days....some have gotten it in that time, some have not. If you want to make sure you get it in the earliest amount of time, request to come back to the Embassy to pick it up.[/color

thanks i guess that is what i will have to do...request to come back and pick it up because i want mike to come back with me..so thanks for the help

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
darlene,

good luck with all of your planning. it will be very tough for you. I am also in MA and the whole process took us 6 months from entry to green card..we were very lucky. but remember, it is conditional for the first 2 years and the next paper work happens in November 2007 for us. I have had other friends in MA take up to 13 months for their first gc.

It is not a smooth path and there is certainly not one way the path will take you. Prepare for delays and prepare for things to be bumpy.

There is no point for him to come here and not get his gc. you cannot plan on living with an EAD and AP papers...You must wait and do the paperwork the proper way, it will hurt you in the end otherwise.

You shouldn't leave the US until he is a permanent Green card holder which could be 3 years or more.

hope some of this advice helps.

This brings up a lot of questions for me. So.......when will he be able to go back to Jamaica to visit??? Do you have to wait until after you apply for AOS and receive the greencard in hand???

Happy Mother's Day!!!! (F)

CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE: www.embassyart.homestead.com

SEE K-1 TIME LINE IN MY PROFILE

.....INTERVIEW JULY 10, 2006-APPROVED

07/19/06-Duane flew home to the USA-FINALLY!!!!!!!

08/17/06-DUANE AND KIM GOT MARRIED

PART 2 BEGINS

09/20/06- EAD/AOS Mailed to Chicago Today..........Here we go again!!!

10/13/06- Biometric appointment-San Francisco

12/07/06- AOS Interview-San Francisco

CAUGHT IN FBI NAME CHECK DELAY

04/23/07-Received AOS Approval E-Mail

04/25/07-Received CARD Production E-mail

WAITING FOR GREEN CARD TO ARRIVE.......

Filed: Timeline
Two weeks from today my daughter, myself, my cousin and 3 daughters will be in JA enjoying an all girl relaxed, fun trip. Can't wait to be on the beach.

Damien won't be joining us because he thought he would have a new job by now and didn't want to take off May and July. And he hates to take off and lose money - an extremely hard worker. He's been at his job for a year now and never been late or missed a day. He received a few phone calls from employers this week so hopefully something will happen very soon. If nothing comes through then he may buy a ticket and stay with brothers.

It's going to feel funny being in JA without him if he can't make it. But he still have the July trip to look forward to :yes:

An all girls trip in Jamaica should be a lot of fun!!

Boy I wish I was a dedicated to my job as Damien is. Having a hard working man dedicated to his job and family... :thumbs:

Enjoy your trip.

Congrats to Henry on his new job!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Hi.. you do have a good ponit about the fiance visa.. however... me and Yacine were married religiously so I still have that obligation to be connected to him no matter what... I dont feel like I can just divorce him at all! We made that promise to eachother ... Yes I do feel like I'm stuck with him, but I LIKE Being stuck with him! :)

Edited by iceyspots

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.