aussiewench

Yardies, at home and a farrin'

5,682 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to pop in and say hello.

Welcome to all the newcomers and congratulations to all advancing in this process!

For all those still making adjustments, hang in there. Life always presents us with challanges. If it's not one thing it's five :blink:

For all going to Jamica soon, enjoy!!! I just returned last month myself and am missing it already.

Tenika(Bloomfield) and Squitto(Windsor) and Michele(me-Bloomfield) (repping CT) we have to get together one weekend. I'm going to see the Lion King at the Bushnell and have to start packing for a move the next couple of weekends; but if you're in town in June... BTW I just purchased a condo and will be moving back to "hard hittin' " New Britain :P.

Everyone have a great weekend and holiday.

Michele (F)

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good morning. TGIF :dance::dance: yippie can't wait for mothers day. I am having my family over. Saturday will be fun a few of my friends that I used to go to High School with our coming over. I feel old my 10 year reunion is coming up this year. Whats everyone else up to?

Don't feel bad, my 10 year reunion (if we actually had one planned) would be this year too ;) I graduated in 1996 also.

I have to work Saturday :angry: I hate working every weekend!

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

you have a June 23rd APPOINTMENT!!!!!!!!! I ALMOST screamed in the phone... :lol::lol: so i said ok well do you have a time for me?? and she said yes at 9:15...

Yipee!!! Congratulations!!!!:dance: :dance:

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Congrats Nannygirl!

Anna (Chicago) and Javon (Jamaica)

USCIS: I-130 Process

10/30/06 - Married to my loving husband

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

NVC: CR-1 Process

05/21/07 - NVC recv'd case (per rep @ NVC)

05/29/07 - NVC Assigned Case # (KNG2007******)

06/01/07 - Faxed change of address request to NVC

06/08/07 - NVC confirmed new address

06/18/07 - DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) & AOS (I-864) Fee Bill generated

06/23/07 - Recv'd DS-3032 & AOS Bill via snail mail

07/09/07 - Emailed DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) to NVC

07/19/07 - Mailed AOS Fee Bill ($70) to St. Louis, MO

07/19/07 - Recv'd email from NVC - Choice of Agent was accepted

07/23/07 - IV (DS-230) Fee Bill was generated

08/11/07 - Recv'd IV Fee Bill via snail mail

08/15/07 - Recv'd AOS Packet in the mail

.png

.png

Timeline
Looking back on everything now I would have done K3 over a K1. I would have gladly traded a few months of being apart while be married to have my man arrive in the states able to work and travel and feel like a REAL MAN (his words). The Lord only knows how much grief and drama arouse in our marriage over the simple fact that he felt that he wasn’t providing for his family (wife). We might as well have been apart for those few months because the strain and pain of our relationship was nothing I would want to go through again.

Jamie -- I never understood why people choose to do the K3 over the K1....I do now!! Couldn't have said it any better (L)

I purchased a ticket to visit my other home...JAMAICA!!

You just go and have yourself a great time. When you leaving???

For the present I am glad I choose the K1, I know people who did the K3 and waited years. I dont know how I could have ever left my other half in another country for soo long.

I am choosing to get married in Jamaica so Dwain can have his friends and family there at the wedding. So his mom can meet my parents and all our Jamaican friends to come. I don't think it will take years for him to come over. The K-3 or CR1 is a lot less paper work. I would rather have that portion over with before he gets here and if he gets home sick he can fly home to visit anytime he wants because we would be waiting for K1 paper work to be completed. We also chose it because of his job situation so he can play with Wayne Marshal and keep his job and dream alive. One other thing it lets him say all his goodbyes to friends in family for one year and experience the things in JA that he has not done yet. So I told him to live it up before he gets here. That is why I choose this route and I can wait one more year. I know people already think Im crazy waiting 8 years but everyone has to remember we were young. Know that he is 24 and Im 27 I think we are ready. :P

Nannygirl Congrats on the June 23rd Appointment.. Way to go :dance:

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi, Iam just cheking in . Hope everyone had a wonderful day.

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY TO YOU ALL(IMO whether you are a mother now or not-you are still female and that means you are someones mom, aunt sister cousin etc and that is all is required)

Congrtaulations on you interveiw date!!!!!!!!!1 :dance:

\I am plague by this again sorry to sound like I am unsure of what I am doing, but I just informed my husband of what is going on with IMBRA and he is very sure that if I go the K3 route we are going to be apart much longer. I have sent out the I130 and the NAO1 is on April 8, bu taccording to the IMBRA and the Carl ( some attorney on one of the numerous websites I was on) CR1 will not be affected by this extended security check.

I am looking fo rsome advice- I am really looking to go the K3 route ( I finally decided on it after a little conversation I had with Elizabeth, but then last night I began reading about IMBRA and the I130 is now popping out at me. I know you guys can't tell me what to do, but I am looking to you guys as experience wives/fiancees of foreign spouses to assit me in making this decision. This new law really sucks. :cry::cry:

I could tell my husband was upset when I told him about the law but I have no ontroll over it, how are the SOs of you other females who are abotuto be trapped in limbo taking this?

I am going to do some home work. If I do not return have a wonderful weekend .

I do not wish to share any information about this dead end journey.........I have reached my final destination on this train, and it is time for me to get off.

THIS TOO SHALL PASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"If marriage means you fell in love, does divorce mean you climbed out?"

"You never really know a man until you have divorced him."-Zsa Zsa Gabor

"When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favour in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her: then let him write her a bill of divorcement, and give it in her hand, and send her out of his house. And when she is departed out of his house, she may go and be another man's wife." Deuteronomy 24:1-2

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us." - Helen Keller

"Even though you may want to move forward in your life, you may have one foot on the brakes. In order to be free, we must learn how to let go. Release the hurt. Release the fear. Refuse to entertain your old pain. The energy it takes to hang onto the past is holding you back from a new life. What is it you would let go of today?" - Mary Manin Morrissey

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Theresa

Timeline

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY TO YOU ALL(IMO whether you are a mother now or not-you are still female and that means you are someones mom, aunt sister cousin etc and that is all is required)

\I am plague by this again sorry to sound like I am unsure of what I am doing, but I just informed my husband of what is going on with IMBRA and he is very sure that if I go the K3 route we are going to be apart much longer. I have sent out the I130 and the NAO1 is on April 8, bu taccording to the IMBRA and the Carl ( some attorney on one of the numerous websites I was on) CR1 will not be affected by this extended security check.

I am looking fo rsome advice- I am really looking to go the K3 route ( I finally decided on it after a little conversation I had with Elizabeth, but then last night I began reading about IMBRA and the I130 is now popping out at me. I know you guys can't tell me what to do, but I am looking to you guys as experience wives/fiancees of foreign spouses to assit me in making this decision. This new law really sucks. :cry::cry:

I could tell my husband was upset when I told him about the law but I have no ontroll over it, how are the SOs of you other females who are abotuto be trapped in limbo taking this?

well when i told mike about it he was really sad!!!! and was just pissed cause of everything we have already had to go through...but when i called the embassy today the lady didn't say a thing about the new law and being effected by it...SO i don't know...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Shauna-

Soooooo happy for you........ :dance::dance::dance:

Desperate.......At this point, Duane was not really concerned when I told him about the new law because as the law states....anyone with a NOA1 before March 6 will NOT be affected.........So...since our NOA1 was dated February 8 2006, we will probably be okay.

At this point, it is out of our hands and we just need to have patience and keep our faith in God. I know it sounds easier said than done but what keeps me going lately is the idea that I will be able to wake up every morning next to my sweetheart in the very near future..........I am trying to keep it in perspective........I waited over 30 years to find him.....so I can wait a few more months to spend the REST OF MY LIFE with him. Although the LDR thing is really hard, I know it will be over soon and all my dreams will come true adventually.

I think you need to go the route that best works for you. If you are having major trust issues and you feel that being physically together will resolve some of those issues then I say you should go the route that takes the quickest time. If you are having doubts on spending your future together, I say take things slow and take the route that will let you decide what direction your relationship should turn.

This new is not going to devastate things for the K-1 process. I have read sooo much on it and I believe they will be looking at the Countries that have so many Marriage Broker issues. Jamaica is not one of those Countries. Also...... They are really looking at petitions of folks that have filed more than one K-1 petition in the last 2 years and anyone who met through on-line sources and/or through a Marriage Broker. All others should be able to pass through the system with the regular security checks and the same timeframes.

So....keep your head up and don't worry too mcuh about the new law......

Happy Mother's Day to all you Mom's!!! (F)

CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE: www.embassyart.homestead.com

SEE K-1 TIME LINE IN MY PROFILE

.....INTERVIEW JULY 10, 2006-APPROVED

07/19/06-Duane flew home to the USA-FINALLY!!!!!!!

08/17/06-DUANE AND KIM GOT MARRIED

PART 2 BEGINS

09/20/06- EAD/AOS Mailed to Chicago Today..........Here we go again!!!

10/13/06- Biometric appointment-San Francisco

12/07/06- AOS Interview-San Francisco

CAUGHT IN FBI NAME CHECK DELAY

04/23/07-Received AOS Approval E-Mail

04/25/07-Received CARD Production E-mail

WAITING FOR GREEN CARD TO ARRIVE.......

Timeline

well when i told mike about it he was really sad!!!! and was just pissed cause of everything we have already had to go through...but when i called the embassy today the lady didn't say a thing about the new law and being effected by it...SO i don't know...

I am confused did I miss something about a new law with visa applications?? HELP I don't understand what your all talking about. And you say it wont adect the CR1 route right? You're scarying me a little because I will apply at the end of August.

Jax

Good morning. TGIF :dance::dance: yippie can't wait for mothers day. I am having my family over. Saturday will be fun a few of my friends that I used to go to High School with our coming over. I feel old my 10 year reunion is coming up this year. Whats everyone else up to?

Don't feel bad, my 10 year reunion (if we actually had one planned) would be this year too ;) I graduated in 1996 also.

I don't know if we really have a reunion this year but I would suspect someone is planning it. That stinks working on the weekends.. ewww I guess I have a bonus of being teacher paid holidays piad sick days and the summer off. Even though I need to teach 4th grade so I can pay for visa application and wedding ugh! okay Rev is online need to talk to pastor now. :)

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

We plan on moving to Jamaica in 3 years so would he have to file for permanent residencey anyway?

Should he?

How long can he drive on his Jamaican license?

Most of my questions would pertain to after he gets here and up until the time we move.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Darlene,

I'm a bit confused :unsure: Why would you go to all the trouble of filing for a K-1 or a K-3 Visa if you guys are going to move to Jamaica eventually anyways? Just curious.

Edited by rhondapayter

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

Timeline

I am confused did I miss something about a new law with visa applications?? HELP I don't understand what your all talking about. And you say it wont adect the CR1 route right? You're scarying me a little because I will apply at the end of August.

Jax

I don't know if we really have a reunion this year but I would suspect someone is planning it. That stinks working on the weekends.. ewww I guess I have a bonus of being teacher paid holidays piad sick days and the summer off. Even though I need to teach 4th grade so I can pay for visa application and wedding ugh! okay Rev is online need to talk to pastor now. :)

Jax I would love to tell you not to worry, bu tI myself is worrying alot, not because of anythign negative just because I have a deep lingering feeling of mistrust and could use my husbands physicall presence. Accordingto the reading the CR1 are not going to be affected. The only thing that will change is they will be stricter on the K1 and K3 filers. The I129F will be more extensive and cause for more background information which will lead to a longer background check from Homeland security.

I do not wish to share any information about this dead end journey.........I have reached my final destination on this train, and it is time for me to get off.

THIS TOO SHALL PASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"If marriage means you fell in love, does divorce mean you climbed out?"

"You never really know a man until you have divorced him."-Zsa Zsa Gabor

"When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favour in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her: then let him write her a bill of divorcement, and give it in her hand, and send her out of his house. And when she is departed out of his house, she may go and be another man's wife." Deuteronomy 24:1-2

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us." - Helen Keller

"Even though you may want to move forward in your life, you may have one foot on the brakes. In order to be free, we must learn how to let go. Release the hurt. Release the fear. Refuse to entertain your old pain. The energy it takes to hang onto the past is holding you back from a new life. What is it you would let go of today?" - Mary Manin Morrissey

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Theresa

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

We plan on moving to Jamaica in 3 years so would he have to file for permanent residencey anyway?

Should he?

Most of my questions would pertain to after he gets here and up until the time we move.

Darlene,

I'm a bit confused :unsure: Why would you go to all the trouble of filing for a K-1 or a K-3 Visa if you guys are going to move to Jamaica eventually anyways? Just curious.

Good morning!

We want to put away as much money as we can so that we can live somewhat comfortably when we move. He will get a job easier than I could. The house need to be completely done and paid for.

I can't wait another 3 years to be together.

WE ARE DONE!!!

Timeline

Should he?

Darlene,

Good morning!

We want to put away as much money as we can so that we can live somewhat comfortably when we move. He will get a job easier than I could. The house need to be completely done and paid for.

I can't wait another 3 years to be together.

makes sense....which way were you leaning towards??? k-1 or k-3?

Hi girls. I've been seriously MIA these days. Work has been a ridiculous load so I've been coming home at night, eating and going straight to bad. Henry has been so good to me, giving me sweet foot rubs,etc.

I feel like so much has happened.

Somebody please send me the link to the info on this new law....I'm curious what it's all about.

As far as the K1/K3 discussion goes...I am so glad that we went for the K1 route. I couldn't bear to be away from him any longer than we had to....and I didn't want to make that major commitment and vow to someone only to get on a plane alone and not know when we'd meet again. I think that is more stressful.

We simply budgeted our money and lived modestly for the first 5 months when he was here. He picked up some cash jobs to help out with food and rent and we made it work. Living the simple life for those first months actually helped us get close again and spend that time adjusting.

Henry just got a new job. I'm so happy for him. He has this dream of being a plumber, I don't know where it came from...but he just got hired as a Plumbers Apprentice with a Plumbing, Heating, HVAC company. They are paying him $15/hr and he gets us both health insurance and 2 weeks paid vaca! It is his first big break since he's been here and he is so proud. I am too!

Did anyone ever here from Eric? I never did hear what happened with his wife and their visa...anyone?

Hopefully I'll be popping in more often. :star:

See Profile for K-1, AOS and Removing of Conditions Timelines:

Naturalization (N-400):

NOVEMBER 24, 2008 N-400 in the mail!

NOVEMBER 28, 2008 N-400 Arrives

DECEMBER 4, 2008 Check is Cashed!

DECEMBER 10, 2008 NOA1 Received

DECEMBER 16, 2008 NOA2 Received

JANUARY 6, 2009 Fingerprints

FEBRUARY 26, 2009 Interview date recieved

APRIL 8, 2009 Interview

JUNE 12, 2009 Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Well well well...

thank you kelly for giving me the number i got through to a real live person. :lol: who might add was not real nice but anywho..what happend i called and it rang and rang called back got the busy sound 2 times called again and waited for about 1 min. and someone answerd i said hi i want to check on my visa( i pushed number 3 cause all the other ones were busy) and she asked for the last name i told her...she put me on hold..asked for the case number i told her and she said..............you have a June 23rd APPOINTMENT!!!!!!!!! I ALMOST screamed in the phone... :lol::lol: so i said ok well do you have a time for me?? and she said yes at 9:15...

SSSOO i am guessing that this law may not be effecting any of us for now....

SO kelly i am going to request your expertise in flights because you are a travel agent after all :lol:

and i think i will leave on the 22nd and come back the following friday...so if you can work you magic that would be great...i found on travelocity( i know i know you don't like those sites) but for Air Jamaica out of Philly for under 400...

Congrats :thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.