aussiewench

Yardies, at home and a farrin'

5,682 posts in this topic

(remember if its sitting on your couch eating, scratching and burping you either gave birth to it or married it!! LOL)

:P:jest::lol:

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey Everyone,

Okay here is the deal on the Embassy....The phone does ring and ring and ring...Sometimes you wait the entire 2 hours and get no one. Sometimes you wait half hour and get someone. Sometimes you wait 5 minutes. It just depends who is working that day. Just keep letting it ring. I would call on one speaker phone on my head and use my cell to call at the same time. I would push prompt 1 for one phone and prompt 2 for another etc. This worked pretty well!!! The day for me was always Wednesday.

DS230..They tell you to check back in 2 weeks. I checked back after 1 week and it was about 9 days and they had the interview date ready. Same for my friends situation...9 days...

Once you drop the DS230, figure about 4-6 weeks until the interview. This seems to be pretty accurate. You will get the date in about 9-11 days and then time to do the medical, pay the paymaster, and get ready for the interview.

I hope this helps! PM if you want....

Sara

Anyone that is familiar with calling the flippin Embassy especially the most recent folk.

Did the phone just ring and ring and ring and ring? If so, did anyone ever answer and if you waited, how long di you wait ?

Did you find a particular day (or time) of the week better to get through than another? I've been trying since 1:30pm (their time) and I've had no problems getting through to that final 1 through 3, but it just keeps ringin and ringin.

After the DS230 was dropped off, how long should I expect (yeah, expect....) anyway, when do you think they'll "know" when my date is actually scheduled for? Right away? wait a couple of days? a week?

Please provide me with some insight, of course that will help other "newbies".

Thanks! :wacko:

Kelly

9/06/05 I-129F sent to Nebraska

01/27/06 Received VISA!!

01/28/06 Flew home to MSP!! (POE)

(To see details go to Our Story)

4/24/06 Mailed AOS package to Chicago

5/4/06 EAD Check Cashed

5/9/06 AOS Check Cashed!!!

6/30/06 Work Permit should have been here but mailman sent it back on accident.

9/07/06 InfoPass appointment to expedite new Work Permit and Fingerprints.

09/09/06 Fingerprints

10/01/06 EAD arrives

12/6/06 AOS Interview!! Done for 2 years.

10/22/08 Received I-751

10/24/08 Cashed check

10/29/08 Received NOA1

06/01/09 Permanent Green Card received and conditions Removed

WE ARE DONE!

Timeline

Hey Everyone,

Okay here is the deal on the Embassy....The phone does ring and ring and ring...Sometimes you wait the entire 2 hours and get no one. Sometimes you wait half hour and get someone. Sometimes you wait 5 minutes. It just depends who is working that day. Just keep letting it ring. I would call on one speaker phone on my head and use my cell to call at the same time. I would push prompt 1 for one phone and prompt 2 for another etc. This worked pretty well!!! The day for me was always Wednesday.

DS230..They tell you to check back in 2 weeks. I checked back after 1 week and it was about 9 days and they had the interview date ready. Same for my friends situation...9 days...

Once you drop the DS230, figure about 4-6 weeks until the interview. This seems to be pretty accurate. You will get the date in about 9-11 days and then time to do the medical, pay the paymaster, and get ready for the interview.

I hope this helps! PM if you want....

Sara

Anyone that is familiar with calling the flippin Embassy especially the most recent folk.

Did the phone just ring and ring and ring and ring? If so, did anyone ever answer and if you waited, how long di you wait ?

Did you find a particular day (or time) of the week better to get through than another? I've been trying since 1:30pm (their time) and I've had no problems getting through to that final 1 through 3, but it just keeps ringin and ringin.

After the DS230 was dropped off, how long should I expect (yeah, expect....) anyway, when do you think they'll "know" when my date is actually scheduled for? Right away? wait a couple of days? a week?

Please provide me with some insight, of course that will help other "newbies".

Thanks! :wacko:

Kelly

Thank you Sara for responding. Yes that helps ALOT !!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey Mindy and Kimone!

You wont believe this look what they did to my man. :lol::crying::lol::crying:

EkoWheatiesSmall~0.jpg

Should I send away my proof of purchase to get my free Jesus stick??!!! :no:

Edited by Elizabethnhenry

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Sure no problem. I am glad to help. Everyone helped me a lot....

Christine James...I hope you go to Jamaica and do a Stella Got Her Groove Back.. minus the GAY MAN...lol...hahahaha..... : )

Have fun girl!

9/06/05 I-129F sent to Nebraska

01/27/06 Received VISA!!

01/28/06 Flew home to MSP!! (POE)

(To see details go to Our Story)

4/24/06 Mailed AOS package to Chicago

5/4/06 EAD Check Cashed

5/9/06 AOS Check Cashed!!!

6/30/06 Work Permit should have been here but mailman sent it back on accident.

9/07/06 InfoPass appointment to expedite new Work Permit and Fingerprints.

09/09/06 Fingerprints

10/01/06 EAD arrives

12/6/06 AOS Interview!! Done for 2 years.

10/22/08 Received I-751

10/24/08 Cashed check

10/29/08 Received NOA1

06/01/09 Permanent Green Card received and conditions Removed

WE ARE DONE!

You wont believe this look what they did to my man. :lol::crying::lol::crying: Should I send away my proof of purchase to get my free Jesus stick??!!! :no:

I LOVE IT!!! :lol:

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Yippe :dance::dance: My family and friends booked their flights today. 8 are coming in on one flight in the morning and the other 8 one in the afternnon. Thats so there is enough room in the van to pick them up!!! Im so happy know I need to figure all the rest out. Time is not on my side. Thanks for the help gals this week. This is truely a great network of friends.

Does anyone have any suggestions of fun tourist things to do in Montego Bay? I have done a lot of tourist kind of things but I am trying to find different adventrues. Man I think I did the same tour of Jamaica 8 times with my professor Elmhurst College crew so Im looking for something new. Dwain wants to Scuba Dive is there a great place in Montego Bay to go? I would just like one differnet thing to do. The rest of the time Im going to stay at the pool and play king of the mountain on top of my floating island. A floating island is a big round float above the water.

Well, Im frezzing so its time to get under some warm covers for awhile before I need to clean for my get togthers this weekend.

Hey Mindy and Kimone!

That is great LOL :lol::lol:

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Hey everybody,

Afternoon shift checking in. You guys have been chatting a lot lately :P I'm still not caught up. I have 15 pages to read as of right now! :wacko: At least I won't be bored at work tonight :devil:

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

Somthing funny...We got into a arugment......He was yelling words I could not understand. I was like you better be lucky I cannot understand rey rey rey...Anyways he kept calling the kids "picney"...somthing like that.....I'm yelling stop calling my children names and rey rey....I felt so silly when much later he explained that thats their word for kid, or child.

ooppsss..i would have said the same thing.. :yes:

You guys need to brush up on your Patois :lol:

aahh Kim and i are freaking out!!!! :(:(:(

i guess the new Marriage Broker Law has come into play and they are re-calling all of the K-1...with the NOA 1 after March 6th....well i got mine march 17th...i am in a serious state of confusion!!!! wondering if it is EVERY single k1 visa OR if it for certian countries that are known for the whole mail bride???? i'm about ready to cry :cry:

What on earth is a Marriage Broker Law??? Good luck with your case - hopefully this won't apply to you.

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi ladies/gents,

Today was another good day for us. Anthony received the official EAD card in the mail. Now on with the job hunting.

That's great Ann... congrats :dance:

Thanks, I hope he makes a good choice. He is very impressive on interviews and I am sure he will be given a lot of opportunities.

Filed: Other Timeline

.....He does it all the time. He says he can't sleep without holding me. I think it's cute :yes::yes: even when he's mad, he does it subconsciously...

David dose this too....except I tell him I cannot breath,,, then he throws his leg, it over my thighs. :D Have no complaints about not sleeping, before he got here I could not sleep at all, I have no problems :D

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Well well well...

thank you kelly for giving me the number i got through to a real live person. :lol: who might add was not real nice but anywho..what happend i called and it rang and rang called back got the busy sound 2 times called again and waited for about 1 min. and someone answerd i said hi i want to check on my visa( i pushed number 3 cause all the other ones were busy) and she asked for the last name i told her...she put me on hold..asked for the case number i told her and she said..............you have a June 23rd APPOINTMENT!!!!!!!!! I ALMOST screamed in the phone... :lol::lol: so i said ok well do you have a time for me?? and she said yes at 9:15...

SSSOO i am guessing that this law may not be effecting any of us for now....

SO kelly i am going to request your expertise in flights because you are a travel agent after all :lol:

and i think i will leave on the 22nd and come back the following friday...so if you can work you magic that would be great...i found on travelocity( i know i know you don't like those sites) but for Air Jamaica out of Philly for under 400...

just got this from my lawyer today :cry:

Hi Shauna,

I heard from a client today from new zealand and saw the official letter discussing the recall. Visa journey was right. All aps are heading back to DHS for processing. I expect that mike will get a similar letter very shortly. Please fax/email it to me when you get it and we can discuss another option. (fly to jamaca and get married and adjust there); while usually longer they may offer this option to you since application is complete . (they offered this to my new zealand client). Let me know if this is an option for you and I can explore with the embassy to see if they will do it. We'll work this as best as possible and I'll work to get the two of you together as fast as possible.

Sincerely,

Cal

i am not sure what to do?? i e-mailed him to explain the differnt options

Won't you still have to go through the security checks?????

Good morning everyone

Last night was a better night...we made up. He told me that some "ugly gyal" try to get at him in his class LMAO - and one of them girls is preggie :lol: I laughed hard at that one. They had the nerve to ask him if he can "dance like a Jamaican in the videos" - he said no :lol: a big lie

Anyway, wanted to post this...gonna do some investigating about it

The "Certificate of Completion or Attendance" that is being offered in lieu of high school diplomas, is a part of Bush's "No Child Left Behind". This is how it works:

It is for students who are unable to pass both the Language Arts and Math portions of the 10th grade ISTEP. Students must take the same 10th grade test over in the 11th and 12th grades until they pass both portions. If they are unable to pass the 10th grade test by the 12th grade then they have two options:

1. Drop out and go to a GED program or,

2. accept a "Certificate of Completion" - it is NOT a diploma. Once a student accepts it, they cannot ever get a diploma or a GED.

A certificate of completion means that a student can never (as long as they live):

1. go to the armed services

2. go to college

3. go to trade school

4. go to journeyman's school

5. go to beauty school

6. go to culinary arts school

7. get a federal loan in their lifetime

This is the portion of NO CHILD LEFT BEHIND (2001) that Bush slipped in during the 2004 revision of the NCLB bill. It has not been publicized. At a high school in Indiana, in 2005, there were 87 seniors in the graduation class. Five got diplomas and 82 got "Certificates of Completion".

This is being referred to as the "Paper Plantation". It is better for students to drop out and get into a GED program so they may seek other forms of education, later in life, if they desire to do so. All 50 states have "Certificates of Completion or Attendance".

Please pass this information along to EVERYONE you know who has school age children. Clergy, please preach it from the pulpits. Our people MUST know this information. Thank you & stay blessed.

I don't think I like the idea.... :no:

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

just got this from my lawyer today :cry:

Hi Shauna,

I heard from a client today from new zealand and saw the official letter discussing the recall. Visa journey was right. All aps are heading back to DHS for processing. I expect that mike will get a similar letter very shortly. Please fax/email it to me when you get it and we can discuss another option. (fly to jamaca and get married and adjust there); while usually longer they may offer this option to you since application is complete . (they offered this to my new zealand client). Let me know if this is an option for you and I can explore with the embassy to see if they will do it. We'll work this as best as possible and I'll work to get the two of you together as fast as possible.

Sincerely,

Cal

i am not sure what to do?? i e-mailed him to explain the differnt options

Won't you still have to go through the security checks?????

i don't know...i called the embassy today and they said nothing more about this to me...so i am guessing it isn't going to effect me after all?

.....................you have a June 23rd APPOINTMENT!!!!!!!!! I ALMOST screamed in the phone... :lol::lol: so i said ok well do you have a time for me?? and she said yes at 9:15...

Congrats :dance::dance: I remember the feeling!!!!

Hey Mindy and Kimone!

EkoWheatiesSmall~0.jpg

:lol::lol:

How bout this... I Had a coworker ask a good friend recently how I was doing.....when she told him I was happy....he replied "I just wanted to know if he'd gotten his green card and left her yet" :angry:

WHAT???!!! :o I just know my eyes are failing me. There is ABSOLUTELY no way I read this correctly! Question, If he'd already gotten his green card and left you, that means what to your coworker? Not a @%$^ thang! :angry:

Lee

NOT A DAMN THAN :angry:

:P:P Hey ladies....get this....

I purchased a ticket to visit my other home...JAMAICA!!

He aint stopping me from visiting the people and places I love! I think I'm more excited to go down there now more than ever. And this has nothing do with revenge. (Well, maybe a likkle bit) It's more or less to say to myself (again) and to him aint no man gonna stop me from doing what I love!!! I can't wait to lay on that beach and have the sun beat down on my face. It's exactly what I need. :dance::dance:

MY gosh good for you...Can I come ???:dance:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.