aussiewench

Yardies, at home and a farrin'

5,682 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

just got this from my lawyer today :cry:

Hi Shauna,

I heard from a client today from new zealand and saw the official letter discussing the recall. Visa journey was right. All aps are heading back to DHS for processing. I expect that mike will get a similar letter very shortly. Please fax/email it to me when you get it and we can discuss another option. (fly to jamaca and get married and adjust there); while usually longer they may offer this option to you since application is complete . (they offered this to my new zealand client). Let me know if this is an option for you and I can explore with the embassy to see if they will do it. We'll work this as best as possible and I'll work to get the two of you together as fast as possible.

Sincerely,

Cal

i am not sure what to do?? i e-mailed him to explain the differnt options

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Shemanya~ Thanks for the immigration job info. If you have any other info I would love to hear about it...either here on the boards or you could email me. Thanks :thumbs:

Congrats Ann and Anthony! Good luck finding a good job :dance:

Jill~ Don't worry too much about burning that bridge :no: Good luck to Lake as he tries to finish up the schooling.

Rhonda~ Thanks :luv:

Elizabeth~ Thanks for coining the phrase "bilingual" :lol:

Much love to everyone else (L)

Dead asleep for hours...its 2 am and he rolls over and starts whispering "Jamie...Jamie...are you asleep?" I ignore him and it just keeps going louder and louder until he starts tapping me. Finally I say something and he is like..."oh you can't sleep either?" :angry: What does he think I was doing :wacko:

Oh PA-LLLLEEEEESSSSSEEEEEE!!!! EVERY FLIPPIN NIGHT!!! :lol::crying: I told him this morning that I am moving to a motel for a week just to get a good nights sleep.....between him and the three dogs I swear I am up every two hours for something!! Thank you Jamie, I am so glad I am not alone!!! Maybe we should exchange phone numbers, that way the two knuckleheads can talk to each other all night :lol:

OMG!!! I said the EXACT same thing about the motel....except I think I said a month :whistle::blush:

Maybe we should exchange numbers...they can talk all night :lol: Too bad there is a time difference :P

Timeline

:D:dance:GOOD MORNING EVERYONE,

I am so happppy it is Friday, get to spend time with Rohan (L) . We are going to visit my parents in Connecticut this weekend.

Need to pass the time by..Whats the topic ladies!!!

2/1/2010- AOS , EAD. AP Mailed via USPS priority mail

2/3/2010- Received - via USPS delivery tracking

2/9/2010- Check Cashed

2/9/2010- NOA 1 Received for 131, 765, 485

2/17/2010- Received letter for biometrics

2/19/2010- Completed biometrics via early "walk in'

2/22/2010- Touched on I-765, 48

2/24/2010- Case transferred to CSC

4/2/2010 Card Production Ordered for I-765, AP touched (Yea!!)

4/8/10- Approval notice for I-765 sent via email/ AP touched

4/10/2010 Received AP.

4/12/10 Received EAD-

7/6/10 Contacted USCIS because now Outside normal processing time

7/23/10 Got RFE asking for proof of legitimate marriage- 1page and 1/4 of proofs

8/23/10 sent off RFE response via Expressmail

8/24/10 Received by CSC

9/2/10 Email from USCIS- Card Production Ordered

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good morning everyone

Last night was a better night...we made up. He told me that some "ugly gyal" try to get at him in his class LMAO - and one of them girls is preggie :lol: I laughed hard at that one. They had the nerve to ask him if he can "dance like a Jamaican in the videos" - he said no :lol: a big lie

Anyway, wanted to post this...gonna do some investigating about it

The "Certificate of Completion or Attendance" that is being offered in lieu of high school diplomas, is a part of Bush's "No Child Left Behind". This is how it works:

It is for students who are unable to pass both the Language Arts and Math portions of the 10th grade ISTEP. Students must take the same 10th grade test over in the 11th and 12th grades until they pass both portions. If they are unable to pass the 10th grade test by the 12th grade then they have two options:

1. Drop out and go to a GED program or,

2. accept a "Certificate of Completion" - it is NOT a diploma. Once a student accepts it, they cannot ever get a diploma or a GED.

A certificate of completion means that a student can never (as long as they live):

1. go to the armed services

2. go to college

3. go to trade school

4. go to journeyman's school

5. go to beauty school

6. go to culinary arts school

7. get a federal loan in their lifetime

This is the portion of NO CHILD LEFT BEHIND (2001) that Bush slipped in during the 2004 revision of the NCLB bill. It has not been publicized. At a high school in Indiana, in 2005, there were 87 seniors in the graduation class. Five got diplomas and 82 got "Certificates of Completion".

This is being referred to as the "Paper Plantation". It is better for students to drop out and get into a GED program so they may seek other forms of education, later in life, if they desire to do so. All 50 states have "Certificates of Completion or Attendance".

Please pass this information along to EVERYONE you know who has school age children. Clergy, please preach it from the pulpits. Our people MUST know this information. Thank you & stay blessed.

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi Shauna,

I heard from a client today from new zealand and saw the official letter discussing the recall. Visa journey was right. All aps are heading back to DHS for processing. I expect that mike will get a similar letter very shortly. Please fax/email it to me when you get it and we can discuss another option. (fly to jamaca and get married and adjust there); while usually longer they may offer this option to you since application is complete . (they offered this to my new zealand client). Let me know if this is an option for you and I can explore with the embassy to see if they will do it. We'll work this as best as possible and I'll work to get the two of you together as fast as possible.

Sincerely,

Cal

Shauna-

Hang in there girl!!! It just means some extra time for them to clear everything in the security system.......... I am assuming they are doing this becasue your NOA1 is dated after March 6. I am also assuming that they have already done those extra security checks on my application since it was with them for 3 months and my NOA 1 was dated before March 6 (the date of the new law)...........

At this point...it is out of our hands and we just need to hang in there and have patience. (Like I have patience)....... :whistle: Praying does help!!!

I decided last night that I was going to relax and let this journey take its course...........I am sure you will be okay but if not.....just keep the faith and know that next year this time, you may be on this thread talking about your "CRANKY MAN".............. :lol:

Keep me posted when you hear back from your lawyer!!!!!!

CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE: www.embassyart.homestead.com

SEE K-1 TIME LINE IN MY PROFILE

.....INTERVIEW JULY 10, 2006-APPROVED

07/19/06-Duane flew home to the USA-FINALLY!!!!!!!

08/17/06-DUANE AND KIM GOT MARRIED

PART 2 BEGINS

09/20/06- EAD/AOS Mailed to Chicago Today..........Here we go again!!!

10/13/06- Biometric appointment-San Francisco

12/07/06- AOS Interview-San Francisco

CAUGHT IN FBI NAME CHECK DELAY

04/23/07-Received AOS Approval E-Mail

04/25/07-Received CARD Production E-mail

WAITING FOR GREEN CARD TO ARRIVE.......

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Squito was in such a nasty mood last night. We barely spoke to each other. I decided that it was just better to keep my mouth shut and say nothing. I went to sleep....when I woke up, he was holding me, lol :lol:

:lol:

Here is my knowing nod :yes: Ahhh indeed Jamaica's motto should be changed to "Out of many, one man! And all the women in the Yardie thread married him!" :whistle:

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

Timeline

Squito was in such a nasty mood last night. We barely spoke to each other. I decided that it was just better to keep my mouth shut and say nothing. I went to sleep....when I woke up, he was holding me, lol :lol:

Here is my knowing nod :yes: Ahhh indeed Jamaica's motto should be changed to "Out of many, one man! And all the women in the Yardie thread married him!" :whistle:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Yes we did :thumbs:

Filed: Timeline
:D:dance:GOOD MORNING EVERYONE,

I am so happppy it is Friday, get to spend time with Rohan (L) . We are going to visit my parents in Connecticut this weekend.

Need to pass the time by..Whats the topic ladies!!!

Squito and I are going to CT tonight!!! Where in CT are your parents?

He does it all the time. He says he can't sleep without holding me. I think it's cute :yes::yes: even when he's mad, he does it subconciously...

[ok let me ask a question if someone did not meet the income requirements for the past tw0 years (04-05) but this year they will. do u think i should wait till next year top start the process. in 06 i make enough. And when will they ask for the tax papers and do i have to go to the interview in jamaica.

ticker.png

Timeline
ok let me ask a question

if someone did not meet the income requirements for the past tw0 years (04-05) but this year they will. do u think i should wait till next year top start the process. in 06 i make enough. And when will they ask for the tax papers and do i have to go to the interview in jamaica.

1. If you didnt meet income requirements for past two years but did this year you should be okay. If you are still worried get a co-sponsor.

2. Tax papers are required for your interview in Kingston.

3. You do not need to attend interview, but it is highly recommended.

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

K-1 and AOS

-----------

Live your life!

Timeline
so when do u think i should start the process

I don't see why you would wait - it's your decision. But with all this talk of K1's being delayed because of the new mail order bride rulings, sounds like future K1 holders may have to wait as long as K3 holders.

My advise would be to get married in JA and file K3. You would be apart (as with K1), however your man would be able to work and travel once he received his visa. Elizabethhenry filed K3 (I believe) - she may be of more assistance.

Not trying to steer you the wrong way, but explore the pros and cons of both processes before you make a decision.

Edited by Jonesie

K-1 and AOS

-----------

Live your life!

Timeline

Squito: My parents are in Bloomfield, (About 1 1/2 hours from here in NY) right near, Hartford, Where in CT are you going??

2/1/2010- AOS , EAD. AP Mailed via USPS priority mail

2/3/2010- Received - via USPS delivery tracking

2/9/2010- Check Cashed

2/9/2010- NOA 1 Received for 131, 765, 485

2/17/2010- Received letter for biometrics

2/19/2010- Completed biometrics via early "walk in'

2/22/2010- Touched on I-765, 48

2/24/2010- Case transferred to CSC

4/2/2010 Card Production Ordered for I-765, AP touched (Yea!!)

4/8/10- Approval notice for I-765 sent via email/ AP touched

4/10/2010 Received AP.

4/12/10 Received EAD-

7/6/10 Contacted USCIS because now Outside normal processing time

7/23/10 Got RFE asking for proof of legitimate marriage- 1page and 1/4 of proofs

8/23/10 sent off RFE response via Expressmail

8/24/10 Received by CSC

9/2/10 Email from USCIS- Card Production Ordered

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi Shauna,

Sincerely,

Cal

Shauna-

Hang in there girl!!! It just means some extra time for them to clear everything in the security system.......... I am assuming they are doing this becasue your NOA1 is dated after March 6. I am also assuming that they have already done those extra security checks on my application since it was with them for 3 months and my NOA 1 was dated before March 6 (the date of the new law)...........

At this point...it is out of our hands and we just need to hang in there and have patience. (Like I have patience)....... :whistle: Praying does help!!!

I decided last night that I was going to relax and let this journey take its course...........I am sure you will be okay but if not.....just keep the faith and know that next year this time, you may be on this thread talking about your "CRANKY MAN".............. :lol:

Keep me posted when you hear back from your lawyer!!!!!!

thanks kim...i really can't wait to talk about him being cranky...although when i talk to him on the phone he is SO fussy...i still didn'r back from my lawyer but i will keep YOU updated...

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Oh my gosh - someone in my office is warming up his fried chicken and garlic potatoes in the kitchen. I am soo hungry!!! :lol:

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.