aussiewench

Yardies, at home and a farrin'

5,682 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good morning!!!

I can't believe that I am up this early.........could not sleep!!!!!! So........I am thinking that this new law is not going to bother us and I just can't waste anymore time worrying. My NOA2 should arrive at NVC and the embassy in the next 3-4 weeks so I am going to try and relax. I decided to keep my original plans and go back to JA for my birthday in mid-June. I just can't wait much longer because we have seem each other every month since we met!!! This will be the first month apart........ :crying:

So......Have a great Friday everyone!!!

Dee-Hope your puppy is better

Rhonda-Hang in there..hopefully your rough spot will start to get better

Desperate-Keep trying to think positive...LDR's are hard and hving trust issues can be very difficult!!!!!!

Shauna-Stay tough girl.....I'm here for ya!!!

Elizabeth- Try not to get "bilingual" on Henry this weekend!! :P

Jonesie-Hope you and Drew worked out your little spat and good luck with his GED classes

Luvtravlin-So happy you and Craig on on your way!!!

Squitto-I hope you continue to keep cracking me up with you posts... :yes:

Shemeya- (did I kill the spelling of your name)-thanks for all the advice!!!!!

Jamie- Stay tough and glad to hear about your counseling with the pastor...good first step!

Joanna-I am SOOOO Jeolous.....Wish I was in Jamaica waiting to pick up my MAN'S Visa!!!!! :crying:

Well..........hope I did not miss anyone!!!! Have a Happy Friday!!!! :energetic: (F)(F)(F)

CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE: www.embassyart.homestead.com

SEE K-1 TIME LINE IN MY PROFILE

.....INTERVIEW JULY 10, 2006-APPROVED

07/19/06-Duane flew home to the USA-FINALLY!!!!!!!

08/17/06-DUANE AND KIM GOT MARRIED

PART 2 BEGINS

09/20/06- EAD/AOS Mailed to Chicago Today..........Here we go again!!!

10/13/06- Biometric appointment-San Francisco

12/07/06- AOS Interview-San Francisco

CAUGHT IN FBI NAME CHECK DELAY

04/23/07-Received AOS Approval E-Mail

04/25/07-Received CARD Production E-mail

WAITING FOR GREEN CARD TO ARRIVE.......

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Good morning!!!

I can't believe that I am up this early.........could not sleep!!!!!! So........I am thinking that this new law is not going to bother us and I just can't waste anymore time worrying. My NOA2 should arrive at NVC and the embassy in the next 3-4 weeks so I am going to try and relax. I decided to keep my original plans and go back to JA for my birthday in mid-June. I just can't wait much longer because we have seem each other every month since we met!!! This will be the first month apart........ :crying:

So......Have a great Friday everyone!!!

Dee-Hope your puppy is better

Rhonda-Hang in there..hopefully your rough spot will start to get better

Desperate-Keep trying to think positive...LDR's are hard and hving trust issues can be very difficult!!!!!!

Shauna-Stay tough girl.....I'm here for ya!!!

Elizabeth- Try not to get "bilingual" on Henry this weekend!! :P

Jonesie-Hope you and Drew worked out your little spat and good luck with his GED classes

Luvtravlin-So happy you and Craig on on your way!!!

Squitto-I hope you continue to keep cracking me up with you posts... :yes:

Shemeya- (did I kill the spelling of your name)-thanks for all the advice!!!!!

Jamie- Stay tough and glad to hear about your counseling with the pastor...good first step!

Joanna-I am SOOOO Jeolous.....Wish I was in Jamaica waiting to pick up my MAN'S Visa!!!!! :crying:

Well..........hope I did not miss anyone!!!! Have a Happy Friday!!!! :energetic: (F)(F)(F)

NOT FAIR...i want to go too...... :lol::lol:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Good morning. TGIF :dance::dance: yippie can't wait for mothers day. I am having my family over. Saturday will be fun a few of my friends that I used to go to High School with our coming over. I feel old my 10 year reunion is coming up this year. Whats everyone else up to?

Mine too! :o It's coming up in October - haven't decided if I'm going yet, it's smack dab between the baby and the wedding - I might be too crazed, we'll see.

Click My Timeline For Our K-1 Info

10.21.05 - Applied For SS Card (He's Not In The System Yet)

10.27.05 - Got Marriage License

11.02.05 - Received SS Card In The Mail

11.10.05 - Passed Permit Test!

NOVEMBER 18th - We're Married!

12.17.05 - Mailed AOS/EAD Papers

12.27.05 - Checks Cashed

12.29.05 - Received both NOA's in the mail (receipt dates 12.20.05)

02.17.06 - Received Biometrics Letter

02.27.06 - Got Driver's License!

03.11.06 - Biometrics Appointment

03.16.06 - EAD Approved

03.21.06 - EAD Came In The Mail

04.10.06 - Received AOS Interview Letter

06.08.06 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

06.19.06 - Green Card Received

WE'RE DONE!

08.22.06 - Elias Is Finally Here!!! Born at 1:13am, 8lbs. 15oz. and 20.5 Inches Long

November 18th, 2006 - Our Real Wedding In Negril

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

TGIF everybody!

Safe Travels Kim!! (I promise to only speak English to Henry this weekend. :lol:

Hi ladies/gents,

Today was another good day for us. Anthony received the official EAD card in the mail. Now on with the job hunting.

That's great Ann... congrats :dance:

Great News!! Congrats Ann and Anthony!!! Good Luck with the job hunt - it's great to feel that you are moving forward, isn't it?!! :yes:

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

Filed: Timeline
There was no stress and pressure of everyday living. Then he came here and reality set in :( It's quite depressing sometimes.

:yes::yes::yes::yes:

Icey dances on your thread :dance::dance::dance:

what's shakin' ice cube?

Not a whole lot :) I just like bouncing in on regional threads every now and then to see how everybody is doing :)

thanks for stopping by icey :P

good morning Yardie fam!! TGIF..it's another gloomy day in NYC, but I'm thankful to be alive and well and to have woken up next to my crabby husband :D he works my nerves but I love him so...

Happy Friday everyone!! :dance:

For the girls calling the Embassy today -- I wish you the best of luck. I hope you get the <good> answers you are looking for :thumbs:

Elizabeth -- Why do you think John sent the map through the tube system? It's just making me crazy!! I can't stop thinking about it....

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Regarding the "extra" security checks -- I just have to give my two cents worth.....yes, if this was happening a year ago I would be losing my mind. Being where I am now, I totally understand the frustration. I think this new law is going to eventually have an effect on us all in some way or another.

Look how long it took Shemaya and Damien to clear the security check...

And now Jamie and Andre are stuck in it...

I believe we are all going to feel it's effects....look at the news from yesterday with the NSA getting all those phone records. It's like everyone is being more scrutinized now. We are at war....

Now don't get mad for what I am about to say.....I know how frustrating it is to be waiting for your first NOA1 or the NOA2, then clearing NVC, Packet #3, Packet #4, the Interview.....having your SO finally come to America. BUT, once they are here and you are trying to build your new life together -- being stopped in your tracks by 'extra' security checks can put a huge strain on the relationship that you are trying your hardest to keep together.

Personally, knowing what I know now, I would much rather have the checks early on in the process as opposed to near the end. I missed Roy horribly while I was waiting.....it was 10 months from when I saw him last to when I went to JA for the interview. Believe me, I feel you pain and I know how hard it is to wait...alone. But, try to keep yourself occupied and stay strong. This is only one of the many obstacles you are going to face in this journey (L)

Dee -- Biometrics???? How's the furry child?

Edited by Minfay

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

08/30/05 - Approved

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

Filed: Other Timeline

Biometics was a breeze....I hope the interview will be the same.

Hubby has been crabby sense coming home from GED class last night. :angry: today. Something about how he could not concentrate and could not finish the test and rey, rey.....How he's so disappointed. :blush: Wanting to move and rey, rey....not being able to get a decent job and rey, rey. I want to box him over the head. theres not enougth oil in the car and rey, rey.... I need a vacation. :angry:

I'm going to check in on my Dog later.

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

WE LOVE OUR CRANKY MEN!!! WOOHOO!!!! :luv::lol::whistle: Their PMS is worse than ours! Oh Yeah! Oh Yeah! :yes:

You know what? I told Henry everytime he feels the urge to complain....think of a blessing and speak it out loud. After listening to him complain about 12 different things all in a row, I asked him one day two weeks ago whether anything was ever enough for him...will he reach a place where he is content and satisfied. He looked at me like this :huh: I am allergic to constant complaining so you can imagine. :lol:

Oh do your men say "some women wish they had a husband" whenever you complain about something? My friend's husband was stalking her yesterday and came to my house to find her. So when she accused him of not giving her space to breathe...he said "some women wish they had a husband who wanted to know where they were." And Henry gave him that "WORD!" look and said "some women wish they had a husband. Period." :o:o:o

Dee you're making me laugh...rey rey.....rey rey...I gotta start saying it now that I know what it means.

Happy Friday everyone!! :dance:

Elizabeth -- Why do you think John sent the map through the tube system? It's just making me crazy!! I can't stop thinking about it....

Mindy,

I wish I knew why Locke did that...kind of like it was a given that he should do that....and with his little paper map. Why not use another paper to "test" it. Very Strange. I saw on www.lost-tv.com they started a thread just for the tube. LOL So on my lunch break I will take a peek.

Edited by Elizabethnhenry

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

Timeline
Good Morning :D

TGIF :dance::dance:

Anyone got any weekend plans?

TGIF back !! Austin is off school today --teachers professional day. It's so darn pretty outside (rained like crazy yesterday). He's gonna go mow my parents lawn at some point, when I can break away from work and take him over there. Tonight, soccer practice and then I'm taking my son to the New Jack Reunion Tour with Guy, Blackstreet, Tony Toni Tone and After 7. Tomorrow, he has skill training from 9a-11 (argh), Sunday game at 3pm about and hour and 40 minutes (each way).

To all of the mommies....HAPPY MOTHERS DAY :D

Hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable weekend !

Kelly

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hubby has been crabby sense coming home from GED class last night. :angry: today. Something about how he could not concentrate and could not finish the test and rey, rey.....How he's so disappointed. :blush: Wanting to move and rey, rey....not being able to get a decent job and rey, rey. I want to box him over the head. theres not enougth oil in the car and rey, rey.... I need a vacation. :angry:

Good morning family.

Damien is crabby today too. I know he called me twenty times asking me the same questions :wacko:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
WE LOVE OUR CRANKY MEN!!! WOOHOO!!!! :luv::lol::whistle: Their PMS is worse than ours! Oh Yeah! Oh Yeah! :yes:

You know what? I told Henry everytime he feels the urge to complain....think of a blessing and speak it out loud. After listening to him complain about 12 different things all in a row, I asked him one day two weeks ago whether anything was ever enough for him...will he reach a place where he is content and satisfied. He looked at me like this :huh: I am allergic to constant complaining so you can imagine. :lol:

Oh do your men say "some women wish they had a husband" whenever you complain about something? My friend's husband was stalking her yesterday and came to my house to find her. So when she accused him of not giving her space to breathe...he said "some women wish they had a husband who wanted to know where they were." And Henry gave him that "WORD!" look and said "some women wish they had a husband. Period." :o:o:o

OMG...are we all married to the same man :o:lol:

Andre has more PMS than me ;)

Andre has used that statment before..."well some women wish they had a guy that would do _______, so I don't know what your problem is?!?" My problem is that I don't want you to do that! Simple I thought :whistle:

Here is my favorite from Andre... I am sure you all get this sometimes too...

Dead asleep for hours...its 2 am and he rolls over and starts whispering "Jamie...Jamie...are you asleep?" I ignore him and it just keeps going louder and louder until he starts tapping me. Finally I say something and he is like..."oh you can't sleep either?" :angry: What does he think I was doing :wacko:

Glad to hear that! :dance:

I hope he is doing ok :unsure:

Regarding the "extra" security checks -- I just have to give my two cents worth.....

Well said...I totally hear where you are coming from Mindy :yes:

Good morning. TGIF :dance::dance: yippie can't wait for mothers day. I am having my family over. Saturday will be fun a few of my friends that I used to go to High School with our coming over. I feel old my 10 year reunion is coming up this year. Whats everyone else up to?

Mine too! :o It's coming up in October - haven't decided if I'm going yet, it's smack dab between the baby and the wedding - I might be too crazed, we'll see.

At least you would have a good reason for weight gain...unlike most of us :whistle::yes:

Edited by Jme3584

Dead asleep for hours...its 2 am and he rolls over and starts whispering "Jamie...Jamie...are you asleep?" I ignore him and it just keeps going louder and louder until he starts tapping me. Finally I say something and he is like..."oh you can't sleep either?" :angry: What does he think I was doing :wacko:

Oh PA-LLLLEEEEESSSSSEEEEEE!!!! EVERY FLIPPIN NIGHT!!! :lol::crying: I told him this morning that I am moving to a motel for a week just to get a good nights sleep.....between him and the three dogs I swear I am up every two hours for something!! Thank you Jamie, I am so glad I am not alone!!! Maybe we should exchange phone numbers, that way the two knuckleheads can talk to each other all night :lol:

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

08/30/05 - Approved

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.