aussiewench

Yardies, at home and a farrin'

5,682 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

WE NEED YOUR HELP LADIES!!!!!!! PLEAZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Well...Shauna and I are over here stressing our little hearts out!!!! Does anyone have a number for the Kingston embassy???? Do you know how we can get through to speak with a live person?????

Sometimes I wish we had the same problems as everyone else on this thread........we wish we could talk about problems we were having with our husbands but right now we do not even know if they will be our husbands this year!!!! :crying:

AMEN SISTA!!!!!!

You can only call between 1:30-3:30 T-F

Call 876-935-6000

Push 1 for visa services

Push 4 for immigrant visa section

Push 6 if you have a case number

Wait for the prompts, they will ask you to punch 1, 2, or 3 depending on the last name of your fiance. Push the appropriate number and wait.

FYI- when calling kingston , when it says to choose 1, 2,3 depending on your last name....ignore it. It doesn't matter what your name starts with. i have used all 3. I actually had the most luck when i dial 1 because i figured that most people were choosing 2. The woman that handle the phones are sitting in front of computers and all they do is type in your case number. If one line is continually busy, call back and switch numbers

Thank you Shar and Luvtravlin soooooooo very much!!!!!!

I will try to call the numbers tomorrow......."LuvTravlin".....I sent you a PM a few minutes ago......Just soem quick questions about the interview stuff...Hope you don't mind........

CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE: www.embassyart.homestead.com

SEE K-1 TIME LINE IN MY PROFILE

.....INTERVIEW JULY 10, 2006-APPROVED

07/19/06-Duane flew home to the USA-FINALLY!!!!!!!

08/17/06-DUANE AND KIM GOT MARRIED

PART 2 BEGINS

09/20/06- EAD/AOS Mailed to Chicago Today..........Here we go again!!!

10/13/06- Biometric appointment-San Francisco

12/07/06- AOS Interview-San Francisco

CAUGHT IN FBI NAME CHECK DELAY

04/23/07-Received AOS Approval E-Mail

04/25/07-Received CARD Production E-mail

WAITING FOR GREEN CARD TO ARRIVE.......

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

or Rohan to me, after I reiterated I am not having sex until after marriage "there one was a man who married a lady (I forgot the name) and never let the man try her out, until their wedding night and on that night he find out she has ' no where to receive him" :huh: , beside the impossibility of this scenerio- I found it odd that I hear my other Christian sisters here and abroad, say Jamaican always use the same scenereo

OH MY GOSH! :o Tony told me the EXACT same story not long after I first met him :o:o:o His father had told him the story and it just kept getting passed down! Only he said it was some great, great distant relative of his :lol:

Since Rhonda is upset with Tony right now I don't think she is going to have anything nice to say :blush:

:lol::lol::lol: Men suck :P

Edited by rhondapayter

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

Filed: Country: Guyana
Timeline

Hey I would also be interested in Immigration jobs, if you send or find any info bout it. I am still catching up, so if you already posted, no prob.

What I dont understand about this marriage broker act is they KNEW this was coming down the pike, for pity sake, I been reading about it since I joined Visa Journey. Now wouldnt you think Immigration could have implemented some SMOOTHER transition than to cause all this stupid chaos??? When they know something is going to be implemented, for criminently sake, why cant they get their sh#t together???? I swear..the government!

I used to work for the State and it was the same way, wait til the last minute (til the rule is finally implemented), then go absolutely ape crazy.

GRRRRR!

Timeline

May 15th Lake arrived NYC on tourist visa

6-15-05 Flew NCY to "fetch" Lake for visit here

8-17-05 He Proposed!

8-24-05 MARRIED!

9- 1-05 - SENT AOS, EAD, AP, & ETC

9-12-05 NOA1 - FOR I-130, I-145, & AP, EAD

10-5-05 RFE for Birth C. & medical

10-24-05 GOT LEARNERS PERMIT

11-3-05 DRIVERS LICENSE :)

11-16-05 overnited RFE

11-17-05 Rcvd NOA2 for EAD, bio set for 12-5-05

11-25-05 Recvd AOS bio letter, apptmt for 12-14-05

12-5-05 Biometrics (they did BOTH!)

Infopass, got temp EAD, AP no luck

12-6-05 Applied for SSN, not in system

12-10-05 AP finally arrives!

12-11-05 1 year EAD card!

12-23-05 Interview letter arrives! 3-3-06

1-17-06 SSN arrives!!

3-3-06 Interview-APPROVED! Passport stamped :)

3-14-06 Green card arrives!

Timeline

Also congrats to Ann and Anthony, good luck on the job search.

Well I burned a bridge. Since Lakes shoulder and neck are hurting so bad, and he is so stressed about the homework and testing next week, I went ahead and called for him and told them his last day is tomorrow. He is relieved, I can tell. lol He said the job is not so bad, but in the Caribbean, those people he works with would have been beat up, strung up, or thrown overboard by now becuz of their attitude. :lol: Its too bad he encountered so much bad attitude, vibes, prejudiced, whatever it is there.

Oh well, the good Lord shuts a window and opens a door. I trust. :thumbs:

Timeline

8-17-05 He Proposed!

8-24-05 MARRIED!

11-16-05 overnited RFE

1-17-06 SSN arrives!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Icey dances on your thread :dance::dance::dance:

what's shakin' ice cube?

or Rohan to me, after I reiterated I am not having sex until after marriage "there one was a man who married a lady (I forgot the name) and never let the man try her out, until their wedding night and on that night he find out she has ' no where to receive him" :huh: , beside the impossibility of this scenerio- I found it odd that I hear my other Christian sisters here and abroad, say Jamaican always use the same scenereo

OH MY GOSH! :o Tony told me the EXACT same story not long after I first met him :o:o:o His father had told him the story and it just kept getting passed down! Only he said it was some great, great distant relative of his :lol:

Since Rhonda is upset with Tony right now I don't think she is going to have anything nice to say :blush:

LOL @ Rhonda! You nutty buddy. :lol:

:lol::lol::lol: Men suck :P

For those interested I scanned a "Marriage Prayer" but can't access our Yahoo site from home. So who wants to volunteer to post it on the Yahoo Page? If not I will post it tomorrow.

I have attached it...hope you can see it.

Edited by Elizabethnhenry

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
ok so to give a little more update on the whole mew check...

my lawyer e-maile me back and this is what he said

Hi Shuana,

This shouldn't affect you at all. I have not heard or received any notice that they would recall all approved K1 visa's. It hasn't come up on my radar yet.

then he called me and we talked and he said he called and checked the USCIS page top to bottom and couldn't find anything...so I hope this won't happen..i think i would just cry :cry:

I just realized that I am up s^&t creak has well, I too am affected by this hediotic security check url=http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13427]IMBRA[/url] my NAO1 for the I130 came in April and I am about to ssend out the I129F( I decided to go along with it after I had a long conversation with my aunt) . This is so stupid I might has well stick with the I130, I am still goingto send the I129F and see which one gets approve first. I really hope these people just didn't know what they were talking about. :help::help::crying::crying:

I must say thank you for helping me decide. Elizabeth that little convo we had really helped . the prayers are also helping alot, thanks very much :yes::yes:(L)(L)(L)

Shauna and Kim I am in the same boat as you guys, well not really because you guys are ahead of me.

Edited by desperatewife

I do not wish to share any information about this dead end journey.........I have reached my final destination on this train, and it is time for me to get off.

THIS TOO SHALL PASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"If marriage means you fell in love, does divorce mean you climbed out?"

"You never really know a man until you have divorced him."-Zsa Zsa Gabor

"When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favour in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her: then let him write her a bill of divorcement, and give it in her hand, and send her out of his house. And when she is departed out of his house, she may go and be another man's wife." Deuteronomy 24:1-2

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us." - Helen Keller

"Even though you may want to move forward in your life, you may have one foot on the brakes. In order to be free, we must learn how to let go. Release the hurt. Release the fear. Refuse to entertain your old pain. The energy it takes to hang onto the past is holding you back from a new life. What is it you would let go of today?" - Mary Manin Morrissey

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Theresa

I only skim read the last few pages (as I've been in training for most of the day) but I'd like to share one observation that I've made. I've noticed a slight trend. Last year this time many of us were agonizing over approvals and missing our SO's so much and ranting about phone cards and the separation issues and LDR frustrations and all that. Now that many of us have our men right here with us, reality has set in and we now complain about the f*ckery associated with a real relationship and find our men driving us bonkers. I ask myself...was I (we) living in fantasy land all that time when he was in JA? Did I (we) just dream that everything was going to be a-ok once he finally made it to the US? Did I (we) really believe that the deep love that we had for one another would be the bridge to get us over whatever problem presented itself? :unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

Yes, Yes, and Yes!!! :lol: Visiting someone for a few days or a couple weeks at a time is a LOT different than living with someone on a day to day basis. I know whenever I visited Tony he would take off work so neither of us had any stress to deal with. We were both on vacation in a wonderful sunny place doing whatever we felt like doing. There was no stress and pressure of everyday living. Then he came here and reality set in :( It's quite depressing sometimes.

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

Timeline

ok so to give a little more update on the whole mew check...

my lawyer e-maile me back and this is what he said

Hi Shuana,

This shouldn't affect you at all. I have not heard or received any notice that they would recall all approved K1 visa's. It hasn't come up on my radar yet.

then he called me and we talked and he said he called and checked the USCIS page top to bottom and couldn't find anything...so I hope this won't happen..i think i would just cry :cry:

I just realized that I am up s^&t creak has well, I too am affected by this hediotic security check url=http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13427]IMBRA[/url] my NAO1 for the I130 came in April and I am about to ssend out the I129F( I decided to go along with it after I had a long conversation with my aunt) . This is so stupid I might has well stick with the I130, I am still goingto send the I129F and see which one gets approve first. I really hope these people just didn't know what they were talking about. :help::help::crying::crying:

I must say thank you for helping me decide. Elizabeth that little convo we had really helped . the prayers are also helping alot, thanks very much :yes::yes:(L)(L)(L)

Shauna and Kim I am in the same boat as you guys, well not really because you guys are ahead of me.

I tried sleeping but for some reason I could not, I had to read it for myself and according to IMBRA K1 in Columbia will be affected the most. I finally am breathing a little better, Jamaica is not a MoB country. I thought it was up to the fiance(e) to choose to go to the interveiw but according to this: ) Gentlemen who choose NOT TO APPEAR AT VISA INTERVIEW with their lady fiancee, if coupled with other factors in the case which suggest that they may no longer be together as a couple such as the length of time since they last saw each other. [As a general precaution, gentlemen petitioners should probably now consider attending the Visa Interview, time and money permitting, even if the Consular Officer has no questions for the gentleman, as a message of support for the couple's showing of relationship]; I hope this clarify things a bit. This really sucks.

Edited by desperatewife

I do not wish to share any information about this dead end journey.........I have reached my final destination on this train, and it is time for me to get off.

"When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favour in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her: then let him write her a bill of divorcement, and give it in her hand, and send her out of his house. And when she is departed out of his house, she may go and be another man's wife." Deuteronomy 24:1-2

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us." - Helen Keller

"Even though you may want to move forward in your life, you may have one foot on the brakes. In order to be free, we must learn how to let go. Release the hurt. Release the fear. Refuse to entertain your old pain. The energy it takes to hang onto the past is holding you back from a new life. What is it you would let go of today?" - Mary Manin Morrissey

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Theresa

Timeline

This link is more detailes and clarifies things more: IMBRA

This is what happens when you are so stress and depressed you can't sleep, you stay up all night and look like a zombie the next day. :help::crying::help::help::crying::wacko::wacko:

As for K Visa petitions which have been filed and not yet approved BEFORE the effective date of the law, March 06, 2006, those will likely NOT have to comply with the "petition requirements" for initial filing. These petitions will have "beat" the deadline. Immigration Service though may choose, in specified cases, to send out an RFE (Request for Additional Evidence) for petitioner's police records or domestic violence orders.

It is important to note however that AFTER APPROVAL in these cases AND AS PART OF THE VISA ISSUANCE PROCESS, all of this law's requirements about more intensive security checks, and Consular Interview questions and discussion, and Embassy Document requests will apply.

this came from them Shauna and Kim it is really looking good for you guys.

Timeline

We arent really going thru the "reality check" that most here have experienced, but then of course we married on the tourist visa and didnt have the ldr problem that most of you have. At least not for long.

And perhaps its a bit because we are older, I am not sure. I KNEW going in marriage would be very very tough, and so far, actually its scaring me, cuz we are doing SOOOO good, almost too good to be true. We have some communication glitches, and I have thrown a few "fits" but compared to any of my other relationships, this one is toooooo smooth. Its scary, cuz I am NOT an easy person to get along with.

The only problems we have had so far are either communication, or the fact that he did not grow up with any affection, therefore has a real difficult time with the concept that I NEED it, and complement/encouragement/howwasyourday kind of thing.

Nobody can be THAT easy to get along with can they???? He is SOOOO easygoing, he really calms me.

I called in to his job today and told them tomorrow would be his last day. And the staffing agency, which was really nasty about it. Told me they probably couldnt place him again if we only gave two days notice. Big deal. It was a good thing I changed the dates tho, the guy at work got mad and yelled at him and he had a really horrible night. :( He has never worked with machines before, and the American guys just automatically expect him to know how to use them. They dont understand that he has never worked with any machinery, and so they never have explained how to do it properly. And then tonite they got mad becuz he wasnt doing it right. He is pretty upset. :( Why are so many American men so stupid sometimes that they automatically think that just because you are a grown man, you KNOW how to do stuff mechanically wise? I realize our men in this country usually DO grow up working on cars, using mowers, power tools, etc. For pity sake, thats NOT the norm in a third world country.

Lake knows how to work a laundry, a press machine, etc, put them guys in a laundry room and see how far they would get without instruction!!! :lol:

Anyhow, g'nite everyone!

Timeline

8-17-05 He Proposed!

8-24-05 MARRIED!

11-16-05 overnited RFE

1-17-06 SSN arrives!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good morning. TGIF :dance::dance: yippie can't wait for mothers day. I am having my family over. Saturday will be fun a few of my friends that I used to go to High School with our coming over. I feel old my 10 year reunion is coming up this year. Whats everyone else up to?

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline
This link is more detailes and clarifies things more: IMBRA

This is what happens when you are so stress and depressed you can't sleep, you stay up all night and look like a zombie the next day. :help::crying::help::help::crying::wacko::wacko:

As for K Visa petitions which have been filed and not yet approved BEFORE the effective date of the law, March 06, 2006, those will likely NOT have to comply with the "petition requirements" for initial filing. These petitions will have "beat" the deadline. Immigration Service though may choose, in specified cases, to send out an RFE (Request for Additional Evidence) for petitioner's police records or domestic violence orders.

It is important to note however that AFTER APPROVAL in these cases AND AS PART OF THE VISA ISSUANCE PROCESS, all of this law's requirements about more intensive security checks, and Consular Interview questions and discussion, and Embassy Document requests will apply.

this came from them Shauna and Kim it is really looking good for you guys.

thanks for positng this stuff!!! yes kim called last night and they lady she spoke with said that she really doesn't know byt she would think this new law would NOT be effecting the carribean countries...SO that makes me happy...i am still going to call today just to make sure and to check if mike got a interview date yet

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hi ladies/gents,

Today was another good day for us. Anthony received the official EAD card in the mail. Now on with the job hunting.

That's great Ann... congrats :dance:

Click My Timeline For Our K-1 Info

10.21.05 - Applied For SS Card (He's Not In The System Yet)

10.27.05 - Got Marriage License

11.02.05 - Received SS Card In The Mail

11.10.05 - Passed Permit Test!

NOVEMBER 18th - We're Married!

12.17.05 - Mailed AOS/EAD Papers

12.27.05 - Checks Cashed

12.29.05 - Received both NOA's in the mail (receipt dates 12.20.05)

02.17.06 - Received Biometrics Letter

02.27.06 - Got Driver's License!

03.11.06 - Biometrics Appointment

03.16.06 - EAD Approved

03.21.06 - EAD Came In The Mail

04.10.06 - Received AOS Interview Letter

06.08.06 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

06.19.06 - Green Card Received

WE'RE DONE!

08.22.06 - Elias Is Finally Here!!! Born at 1:13am, 8lbs. 15oz. and 20.5 Inches Long

November 18th, 2006 - Our Real Wedding In Negril

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.