aussiewench

Yardies, at home and a farrin'

5,682 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Rhonda...Dose Tony really like working for your parents???

He doesn't work for my parents. He works for my cousin's husband who owns his own company. He doesnt' seem to mind it at all. His goal is to buy his own truck and then he and another guy will work independently but still work under my cousin's license. He will get a small cut of the money, but Tony could make more money with his own truck.

Squito and I live on a rollercoaster. One day we're way up and things are great, and the very next we sink deeply into anger frustration and finger pointing. We're such extremists. I guess when you love hard, you fight hard.

Oh my gosh, this sounds just like me and Tony :yes: It's either really good or really bad :unsure:

there's no gray area :no::no: i hear ya honey

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Other Timeline

ok so to give a little more update on the whole mew check...

my lawyer e-maile me back and this is what he said

Hi Shuana,

This shouldn't affect you at all. I have not heard or received any notice that they would recall all approved K1 visa's. It hasn't come up on my radar yet.

then he called me and we talked and he said he called and checked the USCIS page top to bottom and couldn't find anything...so I hope this won't happen..i think i would just cry :cry:

From what I have been reading it seems to have affected a lot of people.

I hope what your lawyer said is true...but let me warn you...most lawyers don't know much and they will tell you whatever you want to hear to keep you quiet. I have heard it numerous times here on VJ and have personal first hand experience :whistle: Just be prepared for anything...the visa journey is heartless sometimes.

check out THIS thread.

SO true :yes:

....... Good things are worth waiting for. Dee, thank you. :luv:

Awwh...your welcome (F)

...... It's for reasons like this that I deal with the hardships... :whistle:

So true :thumbs:

I called about four to check on my poor dog...and the doc had not made is rounds :angry: #######....They had me rush him there for him to sit all day :blink::angry:

Honey's off to GED class....I have somtime to myself :whistle:

Awww...never heard of it but what an awesome idea!! I am obsessed with verses and have them on my screen savers, my refrigerator. I just ordered candles on ebay to give to the moms in my life and I put their "life verse" on it. Here's the link. I am looney - 87_1.JPG

How neat (F)

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Timeline

Well, Craig did it, I don't know how...but he said it was easy. He picked up Packet 4 today. He also said the riots in Kingston today were reeeeeeeally really bad. I had an ill feeling alllll day that something just wasn't right.

The chic at the Embassy "told" Craig...."we'll call you with your interview date and you'll just have to call and set up your medical apptmt". I had to kindof laugh, but I'm going to try tomorrow.

I'm off to buy Dr Robin Smith's book....Lies at the Altar.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Well Shauna......I found a few new bits of info.......Seems the USCIS and embassy's are having trouble communicating and they are cancelling everyone's appointment until they get more info. You shoudl call Kingston tomorrow to see if you have been assigned an appointment date yet.

For now, the Carribean Islands are not being scrutinized but who knows how long it will take them to start. They are following the March 6 date so unfortunately, your case falls into that time frame. Keep your head up girl.........it may only be a short delay and I am in the boat so I know just how you feel!!!! :(

I spent an hour trying to get through to Kingston today....no luck.......Anyone have a good number or know how to navigate through the phone tree to get an actual person on the phone??????? Shauna and I need your help ladies!!!!!! :help:

are you or real??? here i go i am jumping off the bridge...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Well Shauna......I found a few new bits of info.......Seems the USCIS and embassy's are having trouble communicating and they are cancelling everyone's appointment until they get more info. You shoudl call Kingston tomorrow to see if you have been assigned an appointment date yet.

For now, the Carribean Islands are not being scrutinized but who knows how long it will take them to start. They are following the March 6 date so unfortunately, your case falls into that time frame. Keep your head up girl.........it may only be a short delay and I am in the boat so I know just how you feel!!!! :(

I spent an hour trying to get through to Kingston today....no luck.......Anyone have a good number or know how to navigate through the phone tree to get an actual person on the phone??????? Shauna and I need your help ladies!!!!!! :help:

I am not worring as yet, based on what are reading so far.Tomorrow I am going to call the Embassy to know exactly what is going on. I have waited 169 days for Noa2 approval so dear God please let it not be.

Shar

Timeline

I am not worring as yet, based on what are reading so far.Tomorrow I am going to call the Embassy to know exactly what is going on. I have waited 169 days for Noa2 approval so dear God please let it not be.

Shar

Shar...i don't know...this new law has slowed down a lot of people's approval!!!

Over the last couple months...well basically since Andre got here he seems like a complete different person than the guy I knew for almost 4 years in JA. Things were minor but we had our spats. Well ever since Andre has had a car and now a job I have noticed some serious changes and not for the good.

So I call. He answers and there is people and laughing in the background. Where are you? Well I am at Doug’s house (one of our friends). Then I hear in the background Doug making some smart a$$ remark about the wife and a short leash. Andre asks me why did I call. I hung up. The anger was bubbling over and I wasn’t about to hash it out over the phone. He never called me back and didn’t show up until another 45 minutes had passed. Then he has the audacity to ask me why I am vexed! Why the hell do you think I am vexed!?!?! :ranting::ranting: Cause I just spent the last 90 mins worried about my husband who said he was just going for a drive for 10 mins. Are men really that dense?!? There is no way that he just “happened” to wander over to Dougs house…it is a 15 min drive and it is in town. Not somewhere you just happen to pass on a nice evening drive. So why the lying? Why the secrets and the hidden agendas? This has happened before so its not like I am blowing things out of proportion over one simple thing…it happens often. Then when I call him on it and tell him how hurt I am and how disrespectful his actions are he takes the road of the victim. We had very minor trust issues while he was in JA that we resolved very well and never really dealt with again…so why the trust issues now? :(

Sorry to vent and air our dirty laundry…I am just at my ropes end and don’t have any idea why there is all this lying going on :crying:

First of all Jamie, don't feel sorry for venting and confiding. We all have our "dirty laundry". Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one having problems with my marriage :wacko: Very similar issues happened when Tony started working and then got his own car. All of a sudden he wanted his freedom. If I said anything to him, he would reply that he's not a child and I'm not his mother, blah, blah... He doesn't want me telling him what to do, etc... I tried to explain to him that it's more a matter of respect and courtesy to let the other person know where you're going and how long you'll be gone. Why should I be sitting there worried about him - like you were with Andre - while he's out having a good ole time? :angry: I try to turn it around on him and say if the situation was reversed, he wouldn't like me doing that to him would he?

As for the lying, that's bad. I have caught Tony is some lies since he's moved here and it's really, really hard to trust someone once they have lied to you. (He has caught me in one lie too so I am not saying anyones perfect :innocent: ) We're STILL working on our trust issues many months later. Trust is a hard thing to earn back once it's gone. Try to find out why he's lying to you in the first place. I know - easier said than done. But sometimes guys tell you what you want to hear because it won't hurt but they don't understand that when we find out they lied, that hurts WAY more.

Good luck and hang in there. Vent anytime you want. I'll e-mail you later.

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

Timeline

WE NEED YOUR HELP LADIES!!!!!!! PLEAZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Well...Shauna and I are over here stressing our little hearts out!!!! Does anyone have a number for the Kingston embassy???? Do you know how we can get through to speak with a live person?????

Sometimes I wish we had the same problems as everyone else on this thread........we wish we could talk about problems we were having with our husbands but right now we do not even know if they will be our husbands this year!!!! :crying:

CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE: www.embassyart.homestead.com

SEE K-1 TIME LINE IN MY PROFILE

.....INTERVIEW JULY 10, 2006-APPROVED

07/19/06-Duane flew home to the USA-FINALLY!!!!!!!

08/17/06-DUANE AND KIM GOT MARRIED

PART 2 BEGINS

09/20/06- EAD/AOS Mailed to Chicago Today..........Here we go again!!!

10/13/06- Biometric appointment-San Francisco

12/07/06- AOS Interview-San Francisco

CAUGHT IN FBI NAME CHECK DELAY

04/23/07-Received AOS Approval E-Mail

04/25/07-Received CARD Production E-mail

WAITING FOR GREEN CARD TO ARRIVE.......

Timeline

Well...Shauna and I are over here stressing our little hearts out!!!! Does anyone have a number for the Kingston embassy???? Do you know how we can get through to speak with a live person?????

Sometimes I wish we had the same problems as everyone else on this thread........we wish we could talk about problems we were having with our husbands but right now we do not even know if they will be our husbands this year!!!! :crying:

AMEN SISTA!!!!!!

Edited by nannygirl82

Timeline

The number is Phone: (876)-929-4850 to 9, Monday – Friday 1:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.

Fax: (876) 935-6019 . Be prepared to wait ,eventually you will speak to someone.

Shar

Shar

I know that most of the time I find myself treating Roy like a little kid -- he is a 35 year old man....but, sometimes I just can't help myself. I'm constantly working on that. And I know, once he has more freedom (i.e., job, car...) it's just going to get worse. I can see him doing the same thing Andre is doing.

Mindy, this is SO true :yes: I unintentionally treat Tony like a little kid a LOT. When he first came here, I had to show him everything - how to get around, how to drive in America, what the culture was like, etc... I guess it's hard for me to realize that he doesn't need me in that way anymore. I have to cut the apron strings I guess :lol: He definately does not want to be treated like a little kid and I really can't blame him.

He has JA common sense...not US common sense and unfortunatly there is a difference.

Oh, how true that is :yes: Yes, in Jamaica, they can get away with WAY more than you can here. Drinking and driving for one thing. In Jamaica, they don't think anything of buying a Guiness and drinking it in the car while driving. You do that here and you just broke like 3 laws :bonk:

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

Timeline

The number is Phone: (876)-929-4850 to 9, Monday – Friday 1:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.

Fax: (876) 935-6019 . Be prepared to wait ,eventually you will speak to someone.

Shar

Shar

thanks shar...i will call and fax them tomorow...

Kim....

i found another number to call...it is 876-926-6098...it is the number for DHS...they might be able to help.hours are Mon- Thurs 9am-12pm....

i still am crying...

here kim....

Department of Homeland Security

Citizen Line:

Operator Number: 202-282-8000

Comment Line: 202-282-8495 i personally think we should call the coment line?? what do ya think?? :angry:

Edited by nannygirl82

Timeline

AMEN SISTA!!!!!!

You can only call between 1:30-3:30 T-F

Call 876-935-6000

Push 1 for visa services

Push 4 for immigrant visa section

Push 6 if you have a case number

Wait for the prompts, they will ask you to punch 1, 2, or 3 depending on the last name of your fiance. Push the appropriate number and wait.

FYI- when calling kingston , when it says to choose 1, 2,3 depending on your last name....ignore it. It doesn't matter what your name starts with. i have used all 3. I actually had the most luck when i dial 1 because i figured that most people were choosing 2. The woman that handle the phones are sitting in front of computers and all they do is type in your case number. If one line is continually busy, call back and switch numbers

Timeline

AMEN SISTA!!!!!!

You can only call between 1:30-3:30 T-F

Call 876-935-6000

Push 1 for visa services

Push 4 for immigrant visa section

Push 6 if you have a case number

Wait for the prompts, they will ask you to punch 1, 2, or 3 depending on the last name of your fiance. Push the appropriate number and wait.

FYI- when calling kingston , when it says to choose 1, 2,3 depending on your last name....ignore it. It doesn't matter what your name starts with. i have used all 3. I actually had the most luck when i dial 1 because i figured that most people were choosing 2. The woman that handle the phones are sitting in front of computers and all they do is type in your case number. If one line is continually busy, call back and switch numbers

Thanks Kelly....that is very helpfull i will try and call tomorow...did anyone tell craig about this when he went today??

also i know about the riots...mike was telling me how one man was killed because he had a Razr phone...mike hates going to kingston...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.