aussiewench

Yardies, at home and a farrin'

5,682 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Kudos to Jamie and Andre. You are on the right track!! :thumbs: Ditto to Ms. Squitto's comments.

I know for me, and I assume for the rest of us, that the distance between us and our then-fiances prevented us from having that serious pre-marital counseling that should be a requirement for us all...especially the Christian couples.

On a Christian level, I know I was totally delusional about how much God was going to (magically) bless Henry and me for waiting and for honoring Him with our marriage, etc. But then it was like a love song playing on the stereo and then all of a sudden the record skips or scratches to a halt. LOL But as some older Christian women pointed out to me...."it don't work like that.(meaning its not magic)." And while the unbeliever might be ready to laugh and us and point fingers and put an L on our foreheads, it is good to know He will reward commitment. He will reward a family altar. He will reward a marriage that is consecrated to Him! So don't give up!! I see myself in 10 years counseling couples* in our shoes and the walk I am walking now will be invaluable.

* Dang Dang Diggity Dang! More School!!

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

Welcome to the thread msthickness....if you have any questions we are here for you.

Congrats Ann & Anthony!! :dance::dance:

Anna (Chicago) and Javon (Jamaica)

USCIS: I-130 Process

10/30/06 - Married to my loving husband

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

NVC: CR-1 Process

05/21/07 - NVC recv'd case (per rep @ NVC)

05/29/07 - NVC Assigned Case # (KNG2007******)

06/01/07 - Faxed change of address request to NVC

06/08/07 - NVC confirmed new address

06/18/07 - DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) & AOS (I-864) Fee Bill generated

06/23/07 - Recv'd DS-3032 & AOS Bill via snail mail

07/09/07 - Emailed DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) to NVC

07/19/07 - Mailed AOS Fee Bill ($70) to St. Louis, MO

07/19/07 - Recv'd email from NVC - Choice of Agent was accepted

07/23/07 - IV (DS-230) Fee Bill was generated

08/11/07 - Recv'd IV Fee Bill via snail mail

08/15/07 - Recv'd AOS Packet in the mail

.png

.png

Filed: Country: Guyana
Timeline

That website that Mindy posted was

www.gedforfree.com,

I just signed Lake up. It looks like it might be a very helpful website, with tips on testing and such. (Thanks again for the site). They told him at class this week they will test him next week to see where he stands, so he has a LOT of testing next week, and a LOT of homework. He was a bit stressed, and I convinced him to go ahead and quit the temp job for now and concentrate on his studies. Whippeeee! I just called his job and the staffing agency and gave them a weeks notice, too bad I couldnt say he quits tomorrow, but I hate to burn bridges in case he would want to work for them again.

:thumbs: Sounds like a good plan :yes:

Is he ok with not working and just doing school? How much schooling do you think he still has left?

Well, he is not really ok with not working, as he feels like we need the money, but I told him we can survive for a couple months, or he can work part time, or at something that is not so physically demanding. This job is SO physically demanding that he is just wiped out when he gets home, its on your feet constantly for 8 hours with lifting, lifting, lifting. Stooping, bending, packing, etc. Heck, even Walmart would probably be an option, or Menards wants weekend morning people to stock. At least they get a bit of a break now an then. So he is sooooo tired, he just cant concentrate on doing his studies. I think he made about one class worth of progress in the last 3 weeks, whereas before he was going great guns!

As far as can he get done in the next couple of months, well, heck if I know, thats what I keep trying to determine from the teachers, and I swear they are clueless, they act positively dimwitted when I go in and ask them. Makes me wanna smack someone. I DID read on a horoscope/astrology site, that NOTHING will go quite as planned this month, and its turning out to be right on! Nothing I had planned has turned out quite the way I had it figured, not all bad, just differently than I had originally thought.

Timeline

May 15th Lake arrived NYC on tourist visa

6-15-05 Flew NCY to "fetch" Lake for visit here

8-17-05 He Proposed!

8-24-05 MARRIED!

9- 1-05 - SENT AOS, EAD, AP, & ETC

9-12-05 NOA1 - FOR I-130, I-145, & AP, EAD

10-5-05 RFE for Birth C. & medical

10-24-05 GOT LEARNERS PERMIT

11-3-05 DRIVERS LICENSE :)

11-16-05 overnited RFE

11-17-05 Rcvd NOA2 for EAD, bio set for 12-5-05

11-25-05 Recvd AOS bio letter, apptmt for 12-14-05

12-5-05 Biometrics (they did BOTH!)

Infopass, got temp EAD, AP no luck

12-6-05 Applied for SSN, not in system

12-10-05 AP finally arrives!

12-11-05 1 year EAD card!

12-23-05 Interview letter arrives! 3-3-06

1-17-06 SSN arrives!!

3-3-06 Interview-APPROVED! Passport stamped :)

3-14-06 Green card arrives!

Filed: Timeline
Kudos to Jamie and Andre. You are on the right track!! :thumbs: Ditto to Ms. Squitto's comments.

I know for me, and I assume for the rest of us, that the distance between us and our then-fiances prevented us from having that serious pre-marital counseling that should be a requirement for us all...especially the Christian couples.

On a Christian level, I know I was totally delusional about how much God was going to (magically) bless Henry and me for waiting and for honoring Him with our marriage, etc. But then it was like a love song playing on the stereo and then all of a sudden the record skips or scratches to a halt. LOL But as some older Christian women pointed out to me...."it don't work like that.(meaning its not magic)." And while the unbeliever might be ready to laugh and us and point fingers and put an L on our foreheads, it is good to know He will reward commitment. He will reward a family altar. He will reward a marriage that is consecrated to Him! So don't give up!! I see myself in 10 years counseling couples* in our shoes and the walk I am walking now will be invaluable.

Thank you so much for posting this :luv:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thank you so much for posting this :luv:

Agreed (L)

Timeline

Mindy and Kimone!!!

Any LOST comments. (Forgive the defiling of the Yardie Thread with LOST talk. My brother said LOST is a soap opera!! :o How DARE he!!??? :crying: )

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

Timeline

The other day I was at my dad's church and they were having the baby dedicated. During the dedication the pastor asked my dad what they had chosen as the babies life verse. I had never really heard the term before but basically it is just a verse that is suppose to be "their own" for encouragement and support throughout their life. I came to find out that a lot of the people had a life verse.

Have any of you heard of this?

So it got me thinking...what would my life verse (or verses) be if I could choose.

What would yours be? What are some of your favorites?

Jamie -- I think talking to an (uninvolved) 3rd party is gonna do you guys a TON of good. I am very happy you have this option to explore. It is really good that you both agree to do this. Good Luck!!

Mindy and Kimone!!! Any LOST comments. (Forgive the defiling of the Yardie Thread with LOST talk. My brother said LOST is a soap opera!! :o How DARE he!!??? :crying: )

I had a friend call me at 8:05 last night....just as it was starting....I got up early this morning to watch....OH MY....just when you think it can't get any crazier. I am 100% stumped. What is wrong with Michael? What do you think "they" did to him to make him do these things? I never liked him anyway.....and can I just tell you how many times I played back the part with the tape?!?!!?!? Just looking for something...anything....

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Jamie....

I just wanted to ad that you are on the right track. I wish my ex husband would have step up and noticed when things were going well and went into some kind of counseling. It's a good start. Hang in there!!! (L)

Filed: Timeline
Mindy and Kimone!!!

Any LOST comments. (Forgive the defiling of the Yardie Thread with LOST talk. My brother said LOST is a soap opera!! :o How DARE he!!??? :crying: )

All I can say is "Oh My Gosh!!" How can they expect us to wait until NEXT WEEK to see what happens next???? As soon as season 2 is released, I am going to buy it on DVD! I think that Michael released the "other" as a trade for Walt....but I'm not quite sure what's going on. What do you think???

I also forgot to share:

I went back to the dr on Monday. Originally she my ultrasound tech said Baby A she was 100% certain was a boy and Baby B she was 90% certain was a girl. Well, the 90% certainty turned out to be wrong and they are both boys. We are disappointed, but still happy. My husband had a dream Thursday last week that he had his two front teeth knocked out. He called his Mom back in St. Vincent and she consutled her "Dream Book" and told him he would be getting some type of dissapointment but we didnt expect this. :(

Married on B2 Visa Nov. 25, 2005

AOS Mailed 5-16-2006

I-485

I-130

I-765

5-17-2006 Received at Chicago Lockbox and signed for

by S. Sandoval

6-1-2006 all cases "touched"

6-5-2006 Received Biometrics appt. for June 14, 2006 2:00 pm Charlotte NC

6-9-06 I-130 and I-765 "touched"

6-17-06 I-485 and I-765 "touched"

7-13-06 Received Interview letter for August 23 in Charlotte.

7-26-2006 Employment authorization "touched"

8-3-2006 Received EAD

Aug. 24 Interviewer gave RFE for brith certificates and criminal record check, Gwinnett Cty. GA

Oct. 24 Sent in all info for RFE

Nov. 9 Welcome letter notice received via email

Nov. 18 greencard received

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Mindy and Kimone!!!

All I can say is "Oh My Gosh!!" How can they expect us to wait until NEXT WEEK to see what happens next???? As soon as season 2 is released, I am going to buy it on DVD! I think that Michael released the "other" as a trade for Walt....but I'm not quite sure what's going on. What do you think???

I also forgot to share:

I went back to the dr on Monday. Originally she my ultrasound tech said Baby A she was 100% certain was a boy and Baby B she was 90% certain was a girl. Well, the 90% certainty turned out to be wrong and they are both boys. We are disappointed, but still happy. My husband had a dream Thursday last week that he had his two front teeth knocked out. He called his Mom back in St. Vincent and she consutled her "Dream Book" and told him he would be getting some type of dissapointment but we didnt expect this. :(

If you REALLY want to know what happens next, you can always check out the spoilers. I do that w/mu fav shows as well.

Anna (Chicago) and Javon (Jamaica)

USCIS: I-130 Process

10/30/06 - Married to my loving husband

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

NVC: CR-1 Process

05/21/07 - NVC recv'd case (per rep @ NVC)

05/29/07 - NVC Assigned Case # (KNG2007******)

06/01/07 - Faxed change of address request to NVC

06/08/07 - NVC confirmed new address

06/18/07 - DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) & AOS (I-864) Fee Bill generated

06/23/07 - Recv'd DS-3032 & AOS Bill via snail mail

07/09/07 - Emailed DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) to NVC

07/19/07 - Mailed AOS Fee Bill ($70) to St. Louis, MO

07/19/07 - Recv'd email from NVC - Choice of Agent was accepted

07/23/07 - IV (DS-230) Fee Bill was generated

08/11/07 - Recv'd IV Fee Bill via snail mail

08/15/07 - Recv'd AOS Packet in the mail

.png

.png

Timeline
The other day I was at my dad's church and they were having the baby dedicated. During the dedication the pastor asked my dad what they had chosen as the babies life verse. I had never really heard the term before but basically it is just a verse that is suppose to be "their own" for encouragement and support throughout their life. I came to find out that a lot of the people had a life verse.

Have any of you heard of this?

So it got me thinking...what would my life verse (or verses) be if I could choose.

What would yours be? What are some of your favorites?

Awww...never heard of it but what an awesome idea!! I am obsessed with verses and have them on my screen savers, my refrigerator. I just ordered candles on ebay to give to the moms in my life and I put their "life verse" on it. Here's the link. I am looney - 87_1.JPG

I don't think I could choose one, but I rely a lot Ps. 147:11.

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Timeline

Go head ..SISTAH..U PREACHIN

I am a little nervous me and Rohan have our first pre-marital counseling tommorow. Although I am nervous I am glad my church has this rigourous pre-marital counseling before marriage. I think that is the reason why in this history of the church we have had no Divorces ..cool right I agree with going to the pastor, matter fact me and Rohan both agreed that if there is ever a time when we cannot understand eachothr and / or we are getting to a point where the relationship is turning for the worse. we will run and seek help from the pastoral counselors.

Jamie -- I think talking to an (uninvolved) 3rd party is gonna do you guys a TON of good. I am very happy you have this option to explore. It is really good that you both agree to do this. Good Luck!!

Mindy and Kimone!!! Any LOST comments. (Forgive the defiling of the Yardie Thread with LOST talk. My brother said LOST is a soap opera!! :o How DARE he!!??? :crying: )

I had a friend call me at 8:05 last night....just as it was starting....I got up early this morning to watch....OH MY....just when you think it can't get any crazier. I am 100% stumped. What is wrong with Michael? What do you think "they" did to him to make him do these things? I never liked him anyway.....and can I just tell you how many times I played back the part with the tape?!?!!?!? Just looking for something...anything....

Did anyone see Prison Break Monday. I missed it and I wanna know what happened. Last episode I watched dude went ballistic and was about to take the warden hostage.. :help:

2/1/2010- AOS , EAD. AP Mailed via USPS priority mail

2/3/2010- Received - via USPS delivery tracking

2/9/2010- Check Cashed

2/9/2010- NOA 1 Received for 131, 765, 485

2/17/2010- Received letter for biometrics

2/19/2010- Completed biometrics via early "walk in'

2/22/2010- Touched on I-765, 48

2/24/2010- Case transferred to CSC

4/2/2010 Card Production Ordered for I-765, AP touched (Yea!!)

4/8/10- Approval notice for I-765 sent via email/ AP touched

4/10/2010 Received AP.

4/12/10 Received EAD-

7/6/10 Contacted USCIS because now Outside normal processing time

7/23/10 Got RFE asking for proof of legitimate marriage- 1page and 1/4 of proofs

8/23/10 sent off RFE response via Expressmail

8/24/10 Received by CSC

9/2/10 Email from USCIS- Card Production Ordered

Timeline

Hey Kimone,

That front teeth dream always makes me nuts! Two boys to protect their momma...still good! :thumbs:

Not sure whats wrong with my DOG....They don't know yet :(

Awww sorry Dee. I don't have pets...but I feel for you. My boss' cat just had bladder surgery. Poor kitty.

Go head ..SISTAH..U PREACHIN

I am a little nervous me and Rohan have our first pre-marital counseling tommorow. Although I am nervous I am glad my church has this rigourous pre-marital counseling before marriage. I think that is the reason why in this history of the church we have had no Divorces ..cool right I agree with going to the pastor, matter fact me and Rohan both agreed that if there is ever a time when we cannot understand eachothr and / or we are getting to a point where the relationship is turning for the worse. we will run and seek help from the pastoral counselors.

LOL Tenika! Get that couseling my friend! It's the best chance to be as close to standing on solid and common ground. :thumbs:

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.