aussiewench

Yardies, at home and a farrin'

5,682 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

hhhheeellllllooooooo?? (hearing echo)

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Timeline

Morning :luv:

Gonna go catch up....

hello everyone,

i'm new here well i signed up long ago but i have decidded that i am ready to file for the k-1 visa can some one tell me how to start pls.

welcome, you've come to the right place :yes:

Kissteet Babylon a try a ting but wi nah scared (sorry for the Sizzla quote LMAO).

yuh seeit :lol::lol:

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Kissteet Babylon a try a ting but wi nah scared (sorry for the Sizzla quote LMAO).

:lol::lol::lol: You always make fall out when you do that! :lol::lol::lol:

Kissteet Babylon :lol::lol:

Kissteet an fiya pon Babylon

(looking for a fire icon LOL LOL)

rats icon didnt load

Edited by Elizabethnhenry

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Some Good Nite news. Anthony received an e-mail today that his EAD was approved on May 9. Hope it arrives soon. Also, his AOS was touched the same day. Hope we get an interview soon or maybe they will approve without an interview.

:dance::dance: CONGRATULATIONS!!! :dance::dance:

Good night ladies,but before I go I do not remebr who stayed that they had vonage in Jamaica, if it is possible can you please give me the details on how to go about getting it?

Blessed Be!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think that was Joanna (Jkb) who is in JA right now...you might want to PM her.

On a bad note I had to rush my dog to the vet he was throwing up and had liquid bloody stools

Hopefully he just ate something that didn't agree with him and they are giving him fluids. Hope all is well. Please let us dog lovers know what is going on....:mellow:

:unsure: Dee I hope you dog is ok...let us know :unsure:

Today was a rough morning. We had a disagreement, and I know until I get home today this is gonna weigh on me. I feel like we take a step forward and two back at times.

I will say a prayer for you Jonesie (L) It is so hard to have a heavy heart and try and focus on other things. I hope you two can resolve this and keep stepping forward :luv:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Welcome to the board (L)

hello everyone,

i'm new here well i signed up long ago but i have decidded that i am ready to file for the k-1 visa can some one tell me how to start pls.

Click My Timeline For Our K-1 Info

10.21.05 - Applied For SS Card (He's Not In The System Yet)

10.27.05 - Got Marriage License

11.02.05 - Received SS Card In The Mail

11.10.05 - Passed Permit Test!

NOVEMBER 18th - We're Married!

12.17.05 - Mailed AOS/EAD Papers

12.27.05 - Checks Cashed

12.29.05 - Received both NOA's in the mail (receipt dates 12.20.05)

02.17.06 - Received Biometrics Letter

02.27.06 - Got Driver's License!

03.11.06 - Biometrics Appointment

03.16.06 - EAD Approved

03.21.06 - EAD Came In The Mail

04.10.06 - Received AOS Interview Letter

06.08.06 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

06.19.06 - Green Card Received

WE'RE DONE!

08.22.06 - Elias Is Finally Here!!! Born at 1:13am, 8lbs. 15oz. and 20.5 Inches Long

November 18th, 2006 - Our Real Wedding In Negril

Timeline

Gonna go catch up....

hello everyone,

Welcome to the yardie thread :dance:

I agree with what others have posted. Start at the guides and ask questions! :thumbs:

Good luck on your process. If you are comfortable we would love to hear your story and a little about your connection with JA :yes:

HELLO! I am here :thumbs:

What's up?

Gonna go catch up....

hello everyone,

I agree with what others have posted. Start at the guides and ask questions! :thumbs:

Good luck on your process. If you are comfortable we would love to hear your story and a little about your connection with JA :yes:

What's up?

is it just me or is the vermont processing center faster than others

ticker.png

Timeline

Well I just wanted to update you all...

Andre and I had a long discussion last night and we came to a few conclusions. All in all we are doing ok but have some serious issues that need to be resolved. He too realizes that things aren't going as good as we want them to and that we are both at fault in various things. We have decided that we will be contacting our pastor and meeting with him. It will be good for us to have an objective third party that we are not socially active with. We had been seeking help from an older couple that we are friends with but it wasn't going in the proper direction and it is really hard not to get your feelings hurt and not take sides when you are socially active with the couple. So we will be going to our pastor. It is very humbiling as you never really expect that when you dream about what your marriage will be like. I think both Andre and I went into the relationship with unrealistic expectations and they have really started to skew how we view our relationship and each other. Thanks for all the suggestions and advice yesterday. It was very helpful to know that people have or are going through the same thing (or similar). Thanks for the love :luv:

Jamie :star:

Gonna go catch up....

hello everyone,

What's up?

is it just me or is the vermont processing center faster than others

yes, it's much faster :yes: tho lately, the other service centers seem to be doing aight. but now with this new security check things, they might all be slow :whistle:

Andre and I had a long discussion last night and we came to a few conclusions. All in all we are doing ok but have some serious issues that need to be resolved. He too realizes that things aren't going as good as we want them to and that we are both at fault in various things. We have decided that we will be contacting our pastor and meeting with him. It will be good for us to have an objective third party that we are not socially active with. We had been seeking help from an older couple that we are friends with but it wasn't going in the proper direction and it is really hard not to get your feelings hurt and not take sides when you are socially active with the couple. So we will be going to our pastor. It is very humbiling as you never really expect that when you dream about what your marriage will be like. I think both Andre and I went into the relationship with unrealistic expectations and they have really started to skew how we view our relationship and each other. Thanks for all the suggestions and advice yesterday. It was very helpful to know that people have or are going through the same thing (or similar). Thanks for the love :luv:

Jamie :star:

I think it's great that both you and Andre have identified your problems and have committed to solving them. I too, had unrealistic expectations of what my marriage would be like and everyday I have a new rude awakening. Keeping the lines of communication open works wonders!! Having an unbiased third party I'm sure helps a ton too. Good luck with the mediation. I hope everything works out well for you two. You're already off to a good start since you sought outside help. I will continue to keep you in my prayers :luv:

Timeline

Thanks Squitto (F)

Ok how do you change your avatar to something cool on the web??? Do you end up having to save it to your computer? I want a change but I don't have any idea how to do it or where to look...anyone know?

Filed: Country: Guyana
Timeline

That website that Mindy posted was

www.gedforfree.com,

I just signed Lake up. It looks like it might be a very helpful website, with tips on testing and such. (Thanks again for the site). They told him at class this week they will test him next week to see where he stands, so he has a LOT of testing next week, and a LOT of homework. He was a bit stressed, and I convinced him to go ahead and quit the temp job for now and concentrate on his studies. Whippeeee! I just called his job and the staffing agency and gave them a weeks notice, too bad I couldnt say he quits tomorrow, but I hate to burn bridges in case he would want to work for them again.

Edited by thndrdancr

Timeline

May 15th Lake arrived NYC on tourist visa

6-15-05 Flew NCY to "fetch" Lake for visit here

8-17-05 He Proposed!

8-24-05 MARRIED!

9- 1-05 - SENT AOS, EAD, AP, & ETC

9-12-05 NOA1 - FOR I-130, I-145, & AP, EAD

10-5-05 RFE for Birth C. & medical

10-24-05 GOT LEARNERS PERMIT

11-3-05 DRIVERS LICENSE :)

11-16-05 overnited RFE

11-17-05 Rcvd NOA2 for EAD, bio set for 12-5-05

11-25-05 Recvd AOS bio letter, apptmt for 12-14-05

12-5-05 Biometrics (they did BOTH!)

Infopass, got temp EAD, AP no luck

12-6-05 Applied for SSN, not in system

12-10-05 AP finally arrives!

12-11-05 1 year EAD card!

12-23-05 Interview letter arrives! 3-3-06

1-17-06 SSN arrives!!

3-3-06 Interview-APPROVED! Passport stamped :)

3-14-06 Green card arrives!

Timeline
That website that Mindy posted was

www.gedforfree.com,

I just signed Lake up. It looks like it might be a very helpful website, with tips on testing and such. (Thanks again for the site). They told him at class this week they will test him next week to see where he stands, so he has a LOT of testing next week, and a LOT of homework. He was a bit stressed, and I convinced him to go ahead and quit the temp job for now and concentrate on his studies. Whippeeee! I just called his job and the staffing agency and gave them a weeks notice, too bad I couldnt say he quits tomorrow, but I hate to burn bridges in case he would want to work for them again.

:thumbs: Sounds like a good plan :yes:

Is he ok with not working and just doing school? How much schooling do you think he still has left?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I'm glad you guys were able to get a good conversation in - and that you are both willing to go to your pastor for help. You're so right - having a third party will be so helpful.

Click My Timeline For Our K-1 Info

10.21.05 - Applied For SS Card (He's Not In The System Yet)

10.27.05 - Got Marriage License

11.02.05 - Received SS Card In The Mail

11.10.05 - Passed Permit Test!

NOVEMBER 18th - We're Married!

12.17.05 - Mailed AOS/EAD Papers

12.27.05 - Checks Cashed

12.29.05 - Received both NOA's in the mail (receipt dates 12.20.05)

02.17.06 - Received Biometrics Letter

02.27.06 - Got Driver's License!

03.11.06 - Biometrics Appointment

03.16.06 - EAD Approved

03.21.06 - EAD Came In The Mail

04.10.06 - Received AOS Interview Letter

06.08.06 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

06.19.06 - Green Card Received

WE'RE DONE!

08.22.06 - Elias Is Finally Here!!! Born at 1:13am, 8lbs. 15oz. and 20.5 Inches Long

November 18th, 2006 - Our Real Wedding In Negril

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.