aussiewench

Yardies, at home and a farrin'

5,682 posts in this topic

Craig dropped his DS230 on Monday, but the chic at the Embassy told him to come back today to pick up Packet 4

Okay, that makes no sense at all.....unless they changed the rules....AGAIN!! You don't get Packet 4 until the Interview date is assigned.....

i guess the new Marriage Broker Law has come into play and they are re-calling all of the K-1...with the NOA 1 after March 6th

What the heck is going on? How did you find this out?

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Craig dropped his DS230 on Monday, but the chic at the Embassy told him to come back today to pick up Packet 4

Okay, that makes no sense at all.....unless they changed the rules....AGAIN!! You don't get Packet 4 until the Interview date is assigned.....

i guess the new Marriage Broker Law has come into play and they are re-calling all of the K-1...with the NOA 1 after March 6th

What the heck is going on? How did you find this out?

there is a whole section in VJ about it....

i sent my K1 marc 3rd and got a NOA1 march 17th...so i MIGHT be getting checked all over again...and we were making good time too.... :ranting:

Filed: Timeline

Good Marnin' Everyone!

A dark and semi-gloomy day in New York City, but we are alive!!LOL Give thanks!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day despite everything.

Just wanted to share the words of my wonderful brother:

Before your marriage you loved each other because of....from the day that you say "I do" you will love each other in spite of..."

I carry that with me - I know he was quoting someone, I just don't know whom.

Thanks for sharing. Now that I am all caught up...GOOD MORNING!! Yes, it's dark and gloomy in the city but I woke up feeling blessed!! I've got the Lord on my side. :yes: Today, Squito is sending back the information for the RFE that we recieved. We included my entire tax return for 2005, with w-2 included, and an updated proof of employment letter from my current job. If that's not good enough to verify income, I don't know what is :no:

A friend just sent this to me via email, I just have to share:

Malachi 3:3 says "He will sit as a refiner and purifier of silver."

This verse puzzled some women in a Bible study and they wondered what

this statement meant about the character and nature of God. One of

the women offered to find out the process of refining silver and get

back to the group at their next Bible Study.

That week, the woman called a silversmith and made an appointment to

watch him at work. She didn't mention anything about the reason for

her interest beyond her curiosity about the process of refining

silver.

As she watched the silversmith, he held a piece of silver over the

fire and let it heat up. He explained that in refining silver, one

needed to hold the silver in the middle of the fire where the flames

were hottest as to burn away all the impurities.

The woman thought about God holding us in such a hot spot. Then she

thought again about the verse that says: "He sits as a refiner and

purifier of silver. She asked the silversmith if it was true that he

had to sit there in front of the fire the whole time the silver was

being refined.

The man answered that yes, he not only had to sit there holding the

silver, but he had to keep his eyes on the silver the entire time it

was in the fire. If the silver was left a moment too long in the

flames, it would be destroyed.

The woman was silent for a moment. Then she asked the silversmith,

How do you know when the silver is fully refined? He smiled at her

and answered, Oh, that's easy - when I see my image in it.

If today you are feeling the heat of the fire, remember that God has

His eye on you and will keep watching you until He sees His image in

you.

Pass this on, because right now, this very moment, someone needs to

know that God is watching over them. And whatever they're going

through, they'll know it'll be ok

Good morning Ladies:

It truely is a damned day in the city. When I came out I had to wonder what is going on.

Mrs. Squito thank you very much and I loved that, I am tearing up has I type. It is so beautiful. :thumbs:(F)

Elizabeth: Thanks for everything. (F)

aahh Kim and i are freaking out!!!! :(:(:(

i guess the new Marriage Broker Law has come into play and they are re-calling all of the K-1...with the NOA 1 after March 6th....well i got mine march 17th...i am in a serious state of confusion!!!! wondering if it is EVERY single k1 visa OR if it for certian countries that are known for the whole mail bride???? i'm about ready to cry :cry:

I am so sorry to hear, they are re-calling the K1s? wow btw Jamaica is not known fo rhaving mailorder brides is it? I know alot of the citizens trty to run off but not mail order. I might be close minded about that.

I am really an truly sorry to hear, so what is going to happen now are they going to outright deny you? (L)(L)(L)(F)

no they are going to recall them back ...and look at it all over again....

i am pretty sure JA is not known for mail order brides...so that is why we are not sure if it will effect people with Fiance's in JA or not.... :wacko:

I was just reading these topics and they seem to be saying that there is a posibility that if your NOA1 was sent after March 6th then you will be subjected to the new security checks bu tif your NAO2 was recieved or marked with a MArch 6th date you will be fine. I am going to try and find the posts so you can see themfor yourselves. This sucks big time, so apart from the already long wait now you are subjected to a much longer wait because they want to be stricter on letting people in the country. This is a real piece of $%^&

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13308 I found this

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13316 and this too, it is bythe same person but it makes things a little clearer.

That sucks big time!!! :angry:

Filed: Country: Guyana
Timeline

Good morning all.

COLD todayhere, 49 degrees this morning, where in the world IS spring? The okra and squash we planted is so cold I swear its shivering out there. I have 5 okra that survived out of the 18 I planted so far. :( Its just been TOOOOOOO cold.

Lake is at class, I talked to his teacher yesterday and I swear those teachers are so scatterbrained, I dont know how he learns anything, except for that he does most of it on his own. Grrrr! HIs classes are also the pre-GED, I was trying to ask if she thought he would be ready by time summer break comes, but she didnt have a clue. The math teacher he has is excellent, but the social studies/reading teachers are just clueless. They never even remember the homework they give him until he reminds them! I am very frustrated, as you can tell by my posts bout it lately. :help:

Oh and thanks, was it Mindy?, that posted that GED website, I signed us up, and that will help a LOT. THANKS so much! (F)

Timeline

May 15th Lake arrived NYC on tourist visa

6-15-05 Flew NCY to "fetch" Lake for visit here

8-17-05 He Proposed!

8-24-05 MARRIED!

9- 1-05 - SENT AOS, EAD, AP, & ETC

9-12-05 NOA1 - FOR I-130, I-145, & AP, EAD

10-5-05 RFE for Birth C. & medical

10-24-05 GOT LEARNERS PERMIT

11-3-05 DRIVERS LICENSE :)

11-16-05 overnited RFE

11-17-05 Rcvd NOA2 for EAD, bio set for 12-5-05

11-25-05 Recvd AOS bio letter, apptmt for 12-14-05

12-5-05 Biometrics (they did BOTH!)

Infopass, got temp EAD, AP no luck

12-6-05 Applied for SSN, not in system

12-10-05 AP finally arrives!

12-11-05 1 year EAD card!

12-23-05 Interview letter arrives! 3-3-06

1-17-06 SSN arrives!!

3-3-06 Interview-APPROVED! Passport stamped :)

3-14-06 Green card arrives!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good morning everyone

((Marsha)) hang in there.

Re: marriage broker law - that makes no effin sense. So if you got NOA1 after March 6th, and already have an interview date scheduled, "they" are gonna make you wait longer for more background checks? Kissteet Babylon a try a ting but wi nah scared (sorry for the Sizzla quote LMAO). I pray that all of you going through K1 right now don't have to wait too long (L)

APB: Lenore, Eric, Ricardoswife...if you are lurking, we are thinking about you!

Today was a rough morning. We had a disagreement, and I know until I get home today this is gonna weigh on me. I feel like we take a step forward and two back at times.

Ann congrats on the EAD approval!

Deedav - how is your puppy doing?

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Timeline

Good Marnin' Everyone!

A dark and semi-gloomy day in New York City, but we are alive!!LOL Give thanks!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day despite everything.

Just wanted to share the words of my wonderful brother:

Before your marriage you loved each other because of....from the day that you say "I do" you will love each other in spite of..."

I carry that with me - I know he was quoting someone, I just don't know whom.

Thanks for sharing. Now that I am all caught up...GOOD MORNING!! Yes, it's dark and gloomy in the city but I woke up feeling blessed!! I've got the Lord on my side. :yes: Today, Squito is sending back the information for the RFE that we recieved. We included my entire tax return for 2005, with w-2 included, and an updated proof of employment letter from my current job. If that's not good enough to verify income, I don't know what is :no:

A friend just sent this to me via email, I just have to share:

Malachi 3:3 says "He will sit as a refiner and purifier of silver."

This verse puzzled some women in a Bible study and they wondered what

this statement meant about the character and nature of God. One of

the women offered to find out the process of refining silver and get

back to the group at their next Bible Study.

That week, the woman called a silversmith and made an appointment to

watch him at work. She didn't mention anything about the reason for

her interest beyond her curiosity about the process of refining

silver.

As she watched the silversmith, he held a piece of silver over the

fire and let it heat up. He explained that in refining silver, one

needed to hold the silver in the middle of the fire where the flames

were hottest as to burn away all the impurities.

The woman thought about God holding us in such a hot spot. Then she

thought again about the verse that says: "He sits as a refiner and

purifier of silver. She asked the silversmith if it was true that he

had to sit there in front of the fire the whole time the silver was

being refined.

The man answered that yes, he not only had to sit there holding the

silver, but he had to keep his eyes on the silver the entire time it

was in the fire. If the silver was left a moment too long in the

flames, it would be destroyed.

The woman was silent for a moment. Then she asked the silversmith,

How do you know when the silver is fully refined? He smiled at her

and answered, Oh, that's easy - when I see my image in it.

If today you are feeling the heat of the fire, remember that God has

His eye on you and will keep watching you until He sees His image in

you.

Pass this on, because right now, this very moment, someone needs to

know that God is watching over them. And whatever they're going

through, they'll know it'll be ok

Good morning Ladies:

It truely is a damned day in the city. When I came out I had to wonder what is going on.

Mrs. Squito thank you very much and I loved that, I am tearing up has I type. It is so beautiful. :thumbs:(F)

Elizabeth: Thanks for everything. (F)

aahh Kim and i are freaking out!!!! :(:(:(

i guess the new Marriage Broker Law has come into play and they are re-calling all of the K-1...with the NOA 1 after March 6th....well i got mine march 17th...i am in a serious state of confusion!!!! wondering if it is EVERY single k1 visa OR if it for certian countries that are known for the whole mail bride???? i'm about ready to cry :cry:

I am so sorry to hear, they are re-calling the K1s? wow btw Jamaica is not known fo rhaving mailorder brides is it? I know alot of the citizens trty to run off but not mail order. I might be close minded about that.

I am really an truly sorry to hear, so what is going to happen now are they going to outright deny you? (L)(L)(L)(F)

no they are going to recall them back ...and look at it all over again....

i am pretty sure JA is not known for mail order brides...so that is why we are not sure if it will effect people with Fiance's in JA or not.... :wacko:

I was just reading these topics and they seem to be saying that there is a posibility that if your NOA1 was sent after March 6th then you will be subjected to the new security checks bu tif your NAO2 was recieved or marked with a MArch 6th date you will be fine. I am going to try and find the posts so you can see themfor yourselves. This sucks big time, so apart from the already long wait now you are subjected to a much longer wait because they want to be stricter on letting people in the country. This is a real piece of $%^&

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13308 I found this

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13316 and this too, it is bythe same person but it makes things a little clearer.

That sucks big time!!! :angry:

well i e-mailed my lawyer and asked him about so I HOPE..he will have good news to tell me and say don't worry it doesn't effect you..i hope!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Good morning all.

COLD todayhere, 49 degrees this morning, where in the world IS spring? The okra and squash we planted is so cold I swear its shivering out there. I have 5 okra that survived out of the 18 I planted so far. :( Its just been TOOOOOOO cold.

Lake is at class, I talked to his teacher yesterday and I swear those teachers are so scatterbrained, I dont know how he learns anything, except for that he does most of it on his own. Grrrr! HIs classes are also the pre-GED, I was trying to ask if she thought he would be ready by time summer break comes, but she didnt have a clue. The math teacher he has is excellent, but the social studies/reading teachers are just clueless. They never even remember the homework they give him until he reminds them! I am very frustrated, as you can tell by my posts bout it lately. :help:

Oh and thanks, was it Mindy?, that posted that GED website, I signed us up, and that will help a LOT. THANKS so much! (F)

D told me when he went to class and had to do his introduction, when he said he was from Jamaica they all tripped out! LMAO

Not too many yaadies deh bout

Can you please post the link again?

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Timeline
Good morning everyone

Re: marriage broker law - that makes no effin sense. So if you got NOA1 after March 6th, and already have an interview date scheduled, "they" are gonna make you wait longer for more background checks? Kissteet Babylon a try a ting but wi nah scared (sorry for the Sizzla quote LMAO). I pray that all of you going through K1 right now don't have to wait too long (L)

APB: Lenore, Eric, Ricardoswife...if you are lurking, we are thinking about you!

Today was a rough morning. We had a disagreement, and I know until I get home today this is gonna weigh on me. I feel like we take a step forward and two back at times.

YUP!!! kim was telling me about this girl who had a appointment in londen and the day before the interview the embassy cancelled it....

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

:lol::lol:

Don't worry about it if you're comfortable. I was a cow and a half thanks to the visa process and the first year of marriage. Now I'm just a cow :lol: .

Congrats Ann!! :dance::dance:

Some Good Nite news. Anthony received an e-mail today that his EAD was approved on May 9. Hope it arrives soon. Also, his AOS was touched the same day. Hope we get an interview soon or maybe they will approve without an interview.

Click My Timeline For Our K-1 Info

10.21.05 - Applied For SS Card (He's Not In The System Yet)

10.27.05 - Got Marriage License

11.02.05 - Received SS Card In The Mail

11.10.05 - Passed Permit Test!

NOVEMBER 18th - We're Married!

12.17.05 - Mailed AOS/EAD Papers

12.27.05 - Checks Cashed

12.29.05 - Received both NOA's in the mail (receipt dates 12.20.05)

02.17.06 - Received Biometrics Letter

02.27.06 - Got Driver's License!

03.11.06 - Biometrics Appointment

03.16.06 - EAD Approved

03.21.06 - EAD Came In The Mail

04.10.06 - Received AOS Interview Letter

06.08.06 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

06.19.06 - Green Card Received

WE'RE DONE!

08.22.06 - Elias Is Finally Here!!! Born at 1:13am, 8lbs. 15oz. and 20.5 Inches Long

November 18th, 2006 - Our Real Wedding In Negril

there is a whole section in VJ about it....i sent my K1 marc 3rd and got a NOA1 march 17th...so i MIGHT be getting checked all over again...and we were making good time too.... :ranting:

I just went into the K1 Forum and read all the stuff.....that just sucks!! Hopefully and I do mean hopefully, it won't effect people to harshly.... :unsure:If it is true, it looks like you just might be effected....sorry (L)BUT -- remember.....sometimes rumors spread like 'wildfire' on VJ

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Timeline
Good morning everyone

Thanks Jonesie

I spoke to Lee-Nora on Monday and she was fine. I will call and see if everything is ok on her part.

Sorry to hear that you had a disagreement. Things will workout.

I do not wish to share any information about this dead end journey.........I have reached my final destination on this train, and it is time for me to get off.

THIS TOO SHALL PASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"If marriage means you fell in love, does divorce mean you climbed out?"

"You never really know a man until you have divorced him."-Zsa Zsa Gabor

"When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favour in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her: then let him write her a bill of divorcement, and give it in her hand, and send her out of his house. And when she is departed out of his house, she may go and be another man's wife." Deuteronomy 24:1-2

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us." - Helen Keller

"Even though you may want to move forward in your life, you may have one foot on the brakes. In order to be free, we must learn how to let go. Release the hurt. Release the fear. Refuse to entertain your old pain. The energy it takes to hang onto the past is holding you back from a new life. What is it you would let go of today?" - Mary Manin Morrissey

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Theresa

Timeline
there is a whole section in VJ about it....i sent my K1 marc 3rd and got a NOA1 march 17th...so i MIGHT be getting checked all over again...and we were making good time too.... :ranting:

I just went into the K1 Forum and read all the stuff.....that just sucks!! Hopefully and I do mean hopefully, it won't effect people to harshly.... :unsure:If it is true, it looks like you just might be effected....sorry (L)BUT -- remember.....sometimes rumors spread like 'wildfire' on VJ

i know....but unforunatly it is not a rumor it is true....

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2006/2/prweb348998.htm

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.