aussiewench

Yardies, at home and a farrin'

5,682 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

:help: Hi I have a few questions ( srry it does not pertain to your discussion at this moment my veiws on this is 'If you don't ahve anything nice to say, don't say anything)

I recieved my NAO1 a few weeks ago and becuase I have been feeling like my husband is cheating I have decided to go the CR1/IR1 route, however, I have no clue on htis route. Can some one who has gone this route assist me kinda like a seeing person leading the blind , please?

Can a person who sends in the I130 withthe intentions of getting the K3 Spousal visa switch with, or do O have to notify the USCIS (VSC)?

My husband has a B1/B2 is it possible for him to travel to Canada on it even though the petition has been ented already? ( I do not want him to go to Canada but)

Hi marsha,

Where is your husband? Here in the US? The person to ask is Ricardo'swife - but she is pregnant and has not visited in a while. Her hubby arrived on a K3 and they took their time and went the CR1 route. They had thier interview in JA in December and were successful. Its not so much that you are switiching - you have a valid K3 and you have the right to adjust status here or travel back to JA and interview at the embassy in Kingston.

Thanks,

My husband is in Jamaica we just recently began the process bu tI am thinking I need a little more time( it will be hard-we have been separated since we got married last December). I just don't want the K3 anymore. I have gone as far as not to send in I129F. I just want him to wait out the process and interveiw in Jamaica for the CR1, bu tif that is too much I will just go the K3. I am just a little overwhelm and slowly sinking into depression from stress.

Thanks for your response.

Marsha - I don't know anything about the K-3 or CR1/Ir1 visa process but I wanted to give you a hug ((((Marsha)))). We are here for you.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Other Timeline

Dee - I just got used to going to the gym with Damien. He used to tell me what to do and how to do it. We are known at the gym as the "crazy couple" because we would fuss at each other. Now he does his thing and I do mine. He'll help me when I need it. I like it better that way. Looking at my three chins in the mirror got me motivated :P .

:lol::star::lol::lol:

:yes::yes: I know this is sicking..but he has gotten me so comfortable with my self I don't see fat any more...until I step on the scale that is. We enjoy when the kids are not here we walk around....and don't laugh...naked ;):D:D:D Yall better not laugh. :hehe:

Edited by Dee&Dav

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Wow I will take all the info that you are posting about your men and living with them into consideration. Since my man isn't here yet. I agree on both having to give a little. Maybe it might be different for us since we have known each other for a long time. By the time he gets here it will be aprox 10 years. But I'm going to think this all over about what you ladies said. I'm still at the stage about stressing about paper work still. I thought my wedding planner would contact me today still waiting. I'm so so so so so so so SOS worried about the marriage papers. This marriage I cant believe its even happening its taken us forever.

My coworker at work was nasty to me at work the other day to. She said you sure you want to get married. I said yes. Why you have a problem in your marriage. I hate people trying to ruin my fun and happy sun shine moments of wanting to get married. Let me be happy dam it. I grew up with parents who loved each other and been married for 35 years I can do it. I told her I'm very happy and if he is using me for his green card why the F**k did it take him almost 9 years to get this going. I hate people questioning me about my personal business maybe they should work on theres. Sorry coworkers some are a big pain in the you know what. :bonk:

Dwain and I aren't to the banking issue since he is not here yet. We have both agreed I would take care of the bills. I like writing checks out its easier for me. No online checking for us than just checking the balance.

Question did anyone apply for a marriage certificate in JA? Where did you gals send your materials too? If anyone could help that would be wonderful and a load off my back. :whistle::help:

I can't believe all the post today WOW.

Have a good night everyone!! :D

Jax

I initailally had a civil cermony bu tI have been looking to renew my vows/second wedding in Jamaica and mainly I would have to get he marrriage certificate from teh registrat office. It can be done on line but seeing you are in Jamaica why dont you just go the the office at either of these locations.: http://www.rgd.gov.jm/Locations%20of%20the...D/Locations.htm [/color] [/url], I would think this is how it would be done for first marriage too.

Thanks a lot. I will see if Dwain can send our paper work there. I think I can sleep better tonight with this information. :D

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Dee - I just got used to going to the gym with Damien. He used to tell me what to do and how to do it. We are known at the gym as the "crazy couple" because we would fuss at each other. Now he does his thing and I do mine. He'll help me when I need it. I like it better that way. Looking at my three chins in the mirror got me motivated :P .

:yes::yes: I know this is sicking..but he has gotten me so comfortable with my self I don't see fat any more...until I step on the scale that is. We enjoy when the kids are not here we walk around....and don't laugh...naked ;):D:D:D Yall better not laugh. :hehe:

sorry i chuckled a little :hehe:

sorry i chuckled a little :hehe:

:P

Timeline

Question did anyone apply for a marriage certificate in JA? Where did you gals send your materials too? If anyone could help that would be wonderful and a load off my back. :whistle::help:

Jax

Hey Jax,

I did not apply for a marriage certificate in JA; the minister who married us and has known me for ages, published the wedding announcement in the church bulletin and in the newspaper and then with that he was able to marry. I dont understand what it is, but the marriage was legal and registered and we have our marriage certificate. I will enquire and get back to you.

If you want a new wedding planner, let me know. Seriously.

Thanks for all the helpfull information. Our minster would fill for us but he doesn't live in Montego Bay. He lives in Kingston. He has been a great friend of Dwains and so has his son. Dwain and his son are around the same age. I would love a new weddin planner who is eriously reliable do you know of one in the Montego Bay area. I just like one who could help me more in a timely manner. If you do have an suggestions please let me know that would be fabolus. Sorry about freaking out but I dont feel there is much time life. :yes:

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Don't worry about it if you're comfortable. I was a cow and a half thanks to the visa process and the first year of marriage. Now I'm just a cow :lol: .

Timeline

:help: Hi I have a few questions ( srry it does not pertain to your discussion at this moment my veiws on this is 'If you don't ahve anything nice to say, don't say anything)

I recieved my NAO1 a few weeks ago and becuase I have been feeling like my husband is cheating I have decided to go the CR1/IR1 route, however, I have no clue on htis route. Can some one who has gone this route assist me kinda like a seeing person leading the blind , please?

Can a person who sends in the I130 withthe intentions of getting the K3 Spousal visa switch with, or do O have to notify the USCIS (VSC)?

My husband has a B1/B2 is it possible for him to travel to Canada on it even though the petition has been ented already? ( I do not want him to go to Canada but)

Hi marsha,

Where is your husband? Here in the US? The person to ask is Ricardo'swife - but she is pregnant and has not visited in a while. Her hubby arrived on a K3 and they took their time and went the CR1 route. They had thier interview in JA in December and were successful. Its not so much that you are switiching - you have a valid K3 and you have the right to adjust status here or travel back to JA and interview at the embassy in Kingston.

Thanks,

My husband is in Jamaica we just recently began the process bu tI am thinking I need a little more time( it will be hard-we have been separated since we got married last December). I just don't want the K3 anymore. I have gone as far as not to send in I129F. I just want him to wait out the process and interveiw in Jamaica for the CR1, but if that is too much I will just go the K3. I am just a little overwhelm and slowly sinking into depression from stress.

Thanks for your response.

Marsha - I don't know anything about the K-3 or CR1/Ir1 visa process but I wanted to give you a hug ((((Marsha)))). We are here for you.

THanks alot, VJ is what keeps me going seeing/hearing how each of you have succeeded in having a LDR which turned inoto a marriage and eventhough it is hard at times you guys still make it work. So many things said here today has hit a nerve and what makes it worst is that my coldhearted piece of ####### of a husband is still in Jamaica. I love that man though and that is what I feel makes it worth the trials and this hard process.

I do not wish to share any information about this dead end journey.........I have reached my final destination on this train, and it is time for me to get off.

THIS TOO SHALL PASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"If marriage means you fell in love, does divorce mean you climbed out?"

"You never really know a man until you have divorced him."-Zsa Zsa Gabor

"When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favour in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her: then let him write her a bill of divorcement, and give it in her hand, and send her out of his house. And when she is departed out of his house, she may go and be another man's wife." Deuteronomy 24:1-2

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us." - Helen Keller

"Even though you may want to move forward in your life, you may have one foot on the brakes. In order to be free, we must learn how to let go. Release the hurt. Release the fear. Refuse to entertain your old pain. The energy it takes to hang onto the past is holding you back from a new life. What is it you would let go of today?" - Mary Manin Morrissey

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Theresa

Timeline

Jax

Hey Jax,

I did not apply for a marriage certificate in JA; the minister who married us and has known me for ages, published the wedding announcement in the church bulletin and in the newspaper and then with that he was able to marry. I dont understand what it is, but the marriage was legal and registered and we have our marriage certificate. I will enquire and get back to you.

If you want a new wedding planner, let me know. Seriously.

Thanks for all the helpfull information. Our minster would fill for us but he doesn't live in Montego Bay. He lives in Kingston. He has been a great friend of Dwains and so has his son. Dwain and his son are around the same age. I would love a new weddin planner who is eriously reliable do you know of one in the Montego Bay area. I just like one who could help me more in a timely manner. If you do have an suggestions please let me know that would be fabolus. Sorry about freaking out but I dont feel there is much time life. :yes:

Thanks for all the helpfull information. Our minster would fill for us but he doesn't live in Montego Bay. He lives in Kingston. He has been a great friend of Dwains and so has his son. Dwain and his son are around the same age. I would love a new weddin planner who is eriously reliable do you know of one in the Montego Bay area. I just like one who could help me more in a timely manner. If you do have an suggestions please let me know that would be fabolus. Sorry about freaking out but I dont feel there is much time life.

Somedays I cant work this new system ugh

xTr6m6.png

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Don't worry about it if you're comfortable. I was a cow and a half thanks to the visa process and the first year of marriage. Now I'm just a cow :lol: .

I'm in tears.... :lol::lol:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Some Good Nite news. Anthony received an e-mail today that his EAD was approved on May 9. Hope it arrives soon. Also, his AOS was touched the same day. Hope we get an interview soon or maybe they will approve without an interview.

Timeline

:lol::lol:, that is the best way to think. I am working on my self image and esteem and one of my many sayings to help boost me is Before I can love anyone else I must truely love me for who I am a biiiiiiigggggggggggg beautiful( I am still working on that) black woman. :thumbs: Good for you.

Some Good Nite news. Anthony received an e-mail today that his EAD was approved on May 9. Hope it arrives soon. Also, his AOS was touched the same day. Hope we get an interview soon or maybe they will approve without an interview.

Congrats on AED :dance: , the AOS should be coming soon. Keep those fingers cross.

I do not wish to share any information about this dead end journey.........I have reached my final destination on this train, and it is time for me to get off.

THIS TOO SHALL PASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"If marriage means you fell in love, does divorce mean you climbed out?"

"You never really know a man until you have divorced him."-Zsa Zsa Gabor

"When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favour in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her: then let him write her a bill of divorcement, and give it in her hand, and send her out of his house. And when she is departed out of his house, she may go and be another man's wife." Deuteronomy 24:1-2

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us." - Helen Keller

"Even though you may want to move forward in your life, you may have one foot on the brakes. In order to be free, we must learn how to let go. Release the hurt. Release the fear. Refuse to entertain your old pain. The energy it takes to hang onto the past is holding you back from a new life. What is it you would let go of today?" - Mary Manin Morrissey

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Theresa

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.