aussiewench

Yardies, at home and a farrin'

5,682 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Good morning everyone... Have a great Wednesday :P

ditto!! I was busy yesterday so I have sooooooo much to catch up on.m Oonuh chat nuff eeh man :lol::lol::lol:

Ok y'all, I married "SYBIL"

HA :lol: HA :lol: HA :lol:

Mindy and Kimone, I hope you are ready for tonight's episode of LOST - the producers said the season ender next week will blow our minds

I can hardly wait....the suspense is killing me!! I don't usually watch it when it is on....I have it on Tivo and "catch up" on the weekends....I will be watching tonight!!

Calm down, calm down, calm down......We've FINALLY been touched!!! For the EAD..... :dance: :dance:

It's the little things in life that excite me :D

Yay!! That's great...how do I set it up so that I get a notification when my file is touched??? :unsure:

I still haven't sent back the RFE evidence. I'm waiting on a proof of employment letter from my new job. I did photocopy my entire 2005 tax return and ordered new transcripts from the IRS for 2004 and 2003 (as if the info has changed). Once I get the letter from my job, it's going back in the mail :thumbs:

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Ok y'all, I married "SYBIL". Henry just got home and IS speaking to me....as if nothing happened...all my bilingual telling off....wasted. I wondereth: is he manic??? :o

:lol: :lol:

Don't you just hate when you get all into the telling off and going "bilingual" and yet they still don't seem to get it.

Such a waste of a good telling off :no:

:lol: Ya know! I think he asked me once why I was speaking in parables!!! :lol::lol:

The nerve. Oh and Jonsies advice to Jill contained Henry's favorite word to describe my UN-sanctioned bilingual tongue lashings: "RAY RAY RAY" Do your men say that?? I was like who is Ray?? :lol::lol:

We don't say that in Guyana so I was baffled but now I get it.

Now lets try to use ray ray in a sentence. "Babe why you let de people dem in de office wind you up and den you come an ray ray fe raise yuh blood pressure." :lol::lol: As Ms. Kim says after she waxes my brows, "Ok whoosa next?" What is your sentence?LOL

Ms. Squitto,

Here is the link for the USCIS notification sign up thingy.

Just click on register in the left hand menu.

https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/logoff.do

Ignore the security violation warning. :lol:

Edited by Elizabethnhenry

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Yes... FINALLY! Hmmm, what day will your biometrics letter be here now? I'm going to guess Wed. next week.

Calm down, calm down, calm down......We've FINALLY been touched!!! For the EAD..... :dance: :dance:

It's the little things in life that excite me :D

Click My Timeline For Our K-1 Info

10.21.05 - Applied For SS Card (He's Not In The System Yet)

10.27.05 - Got Marriage License

11.02.05 - Received SS Card In The Mail

11.10.05 - Passed Permit Test!

NOVEMBER 18th - We're Married!

12.17.05 - Mailed AOS/EAD Papers

12.27.05 - Checks Cashed

12.29.05 - Received both NOA's in the mail (receipt dates 12.20.05)

02.17.06 - Received Biometrics Letter

02.27.06 - Got Driver's License!

03.11.06 - Biometrics Appointment

03.16.06 - EAD Approved

03.21.06 - EAD Came In The Mail

04.10.06 - Received AOS Interview Letter

06.08.06 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

06.19.06 - Green Card Received

WE'RE DONE!

08.22.06 - Elias Is Finally Here!!! Born at 1:13am, 8lbs. 15oz. and 20.5 Inches Long

November 18th, 2006 - Our Real Wedding In Negril

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good morning Ladies.

I do not wish to share any information about this dead end journey.........I have reached my final destination on this train, and it is time for me to get off.

THIS TOO SHALL PASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"If marriage means you fell in love, does divorce mean you climbed out?"

"You never really know a man until you have divorced him."-Zsa Zsa Gabor

"When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favour in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her: then let him write her a bill of divorcement, and give it in her hand, and send her out of his house. And when she is departed out of his house, she may go and be another man's wife." Deuteronomy 24:1-2

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us." - Helen Keller

"Even though you may want to move forward in your life, you may have one foot on the brakes. In order to be free, we must learn how to let go. Release the hurt. Release the fear. Refuse to entertain your old pain. The energy it takes to hang onto the past is holding you back from a new life. What is it you would let go of today?" - Mary Manin Morrissey

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Theresa

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Since we are talking about the tough adjustments and all I thought I would throw this out there...

Over the last couple months...well basically since Andre got here he seems like a complete different person than the guy I knew for almost 4 years in JA. Things were minor but we had our spats. Well ever since Andre has had a car and now a job I have noticed some serious changes and not for the good. I have caught Andre in some pretty big lies in the last couple weeks...some stupid things others serious. He has also confessed to lying about things that I never caught on too. Then when I get upset and cry or tell him my feelings he accuses me of trying to hurt him and makes all the attention turn to his hurt feelings because of the TRUTH that I spoke (about feelings etc). Sorry if the truth hurts! So last night we take our shower and get in our pjs and Andre tells me he is going outside for a while with the dogs...ok nothing wrong with that. He comes in 10 minutes later and says he is going to go for a drive with the dogs…why didn’t he think of this earlier and we all could have gone out…but now I am all ready for bed so I just figure he wants a little alone time...all fine and dandy by me. I have him take my cell phone and ask him how long he will be gone…he answers “10 minutes, 20 at the most” Ok…kisses- love you- goodbye- have a good drive. So 20 minutes pass…then 30…then 40…then 45 and I am getting worried. Andre is not the best driver…in fact he is barely getting the hang of the whole thing. Then of course a sheriff with his lights and sirens blaring flies past the house and I start to get even more worried. So I call. He answers and there is people and laughing in the background. Where are you? Well I am at Doug’s house (one of our friends). Then I hear in the background Doug making some smart a$$ remark about the wife and a short leash. Andre asks me why did I call. I hung up. The anger was bubbling over and I wasn’t about to hash it out over the phone. He never called me back and didn’t show up until another 45 minutes had passed. Then he has the audacity to ask me why I am vexed! Why the hell do you think I am vexed!?!?! :ranting::ranting: Cause I just spent the last 90 mins worried about my husband who said he was just going for a drive for 10 mins. Are men really that dense?!? There is no way that he just “happened” to wander over to Dougs house…it is a 15 min drive and it is in town. Not somewhere you just happen to pass on a nice evening drive. So why the lying? Why the secrets and the hidden agendas? This has happened before so its not like I am blowing things out of proportion over one simple thing…it happens often. Then when I call him on it and tell him how hurt I am and how disrespectful his actions are he takes the road of the victim. We had very minor trust issues while he was in JA that we resolved very well and never really dealt with again…so why the trust issues now? :(

Sorry to vent and air our dirty laundry…I am just at my ropes end and don’t have any idea why there is all this lying going on :crying:

Timeline

It's funny you mention the lying Jamie - I was just venting to Mindy about the same thing. Michael lies ALL THE TIME. About strange, little things. He usually tells lies trying to trick us, he sees them as jokes and thinks it is funny. I just don't get it.

12.27.05 - Checks Cashed

03.16.06 - EAD Approved

WE'RE DONE!

08.22.06 - Elias Is Finally Here!!! Born at 1:13am, 8lbs. 15oz. and 20.5 Inches Long

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I want to say thanks for all the messages. Yesterday I was teared up reading them. Its good to know yall are here for me. I'm just so mad at him!!!! He's been asking me to call the girl and tell her that we we're only friends!!! :angry: And the more he asks me to call her...the more I want to post more pics on the yahoo site. Cause if we we're "just friends" in March then why heck were you saying and doing the stuff you were doing while I was down there?????? I have plenty of pictures to prove it. UUURRRGGHHHHH!!!!

He's a mess. He blew it with 2 real nice girls. Apparently, 1 wasn't enough. I feel like the biggest fool. But it is what it is. A chapter in my life. I can't wait to see what happens next in the Book of JillyBean!!!!

Just imagine the man that God is preparing for me. I can't wait ladies. All is going to be just fine! (F)

Jill - do you want me to :bonk: Kirk when I go to JA the end of the month? Cuz you know I will ;) .

LOLLOLLOL!!!! :lol:

Too funny. :yes:

Ok Jill where is Kirk??? Adrian and I are going to find him and give him a piece of our minds!!! :bonk:

I cannot beive that he asked you to call the girl and tell her you are friends...what kind of man is he..that is a bunch of #######....you really need to call her (if you havent already) and have a talk to her about what all is going on.

I really wish you the best, you are a great person and have a lot going for you.

Okay...you can find the DOG at Doctor's Cave Beach in MoBay. Nickname: Crayfish. Code word: Beat his BUTT!!! :lol:

LMAO!!!

Timeline
It's funny you mention the lying Jamie - I was just venting to Mindy about the same thing. Michael lies ALL THE TIME. About strange, little things. He usually tells lies trying to trick us, he sees them as jokes and thinks it is funny. I just don't get it.

Interesting...

Andre lied about little things too...but now it has escalated to be BIG things in serious situations. I know he is not trying to joke or trick me...he is honestly trying to conceal things. I just can't figure out why :unsure:

Okay...you can find the DOG at Doctor's Cave Beach in MoBay. Nickname: Crayfish. Code word: Beat his BUTT!!! :lol:

LMAO!!!

ROFL :lol::lol:

What a mental image :P

Jamie -- I hate to say it but "men will always be men." I think it is in their blood to do stupid things. Things that we would NEVER have the nerve to do. They don't understand that we worry -- especially since they are from another country and not familiar with alot of things here. If it was me, I would have been throwing myself all over the place.

At the same time -- we (yes we) have to be able to find a "happy medium" in which we allow them to do "their own thing" without them feeling that they need to lie to us just to shut us up (and keep us happy). Jamie, I'm not saying that is what Andre is doing to you.....it's just a general statement. I know that most of the time I find myself treating Roy like a little kid -- he is a 35 year old man....but, sometimes I just can't help myself. I'm constantly working on that. And I know, once he has more freedom (i.e., job, car...) it's just going to get worse. I can see him doing the same thing Andre is doing. I can say I haven't caught him in any lies.....YET!!! Since we all seem to be "mirroring" each other in our relationships <except the pregnancy thing, Julie!> I am sure my time is coming.

Yay!! That's great...how do I set it up so that I get a notification when my file is touched??? :unsure:

You sign up on the USCIS website just like you did for the I-129f. They didn't send me an e:mail for the "touch" -- I went in and saw the date change.

Yes... FINALLY! Hmmm, what day will your biometrics letter be here now? I'm going to guess Wed. next week.

Yeah, I wish....that sure would be nice. I'm not going to hold my breath!!

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Timeline

LMAO!!!

Ohhh... it's a good thing you started that post about where all our men were from ;) He better not go back to Hanover! I'm kidding of course :)

Edited by Sbys

12.27.05 - Checks Cashed

03.16.06 - EAD Approved

WE'RE DONE!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Morning everyone (F)

D started class today...and I felt like a nervous mother sending her baby to kindergarten LOL LOL. I am so proud of him and I hope he has a good day. His classes are from 8-11am so I'm excited to hear how his first day went.

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

:lol:Okay, that was really funny!! :lol:

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Timeline
Morning everyone (F)

D started class today...and I felt like a nervous mother sending her baby to kindergarten LOL LOL. I am so proud of him and I hope he has a good day. His classes are from 8-11am so I'm excited to hear how his first day went.

Ahh... so cute :luv: I hope he has a good day at school :yes:

12.27.05 - Checks Cashed

03.16.06 - EAD Approved

WE'RE DONE!

Timeline
Morning everyone (F)

:yes: Thats so great! I hope he has a wonderful day! :thumbs:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Jamie, just read your post. Sorry to hear about that :(. Have you two talked about last night's situation yet?

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.