5,682 posts in this topic

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Timeline
More good news: my boo just got the call to start class tomorrow :dance: praise the Lord!

That's great!! :dance:

Jamie -- I would probably go with the more recent average....High School was a really long time ago and I can't imagine that any of that would matter now. What's the worst that can happen? They tell you they want the High School GPA? Big deal. Kinda like getting a RFE :huh:

ditto.

Congrats, Joanna and Adrian! Enjoy yourselves down there!

Ok, I have a question for those of you that this applies to, how are your men doing in their GED classes, how fast are they going, do you think it will take months, or weeks, etc, etc. Lake is learning a lot, but this last couple of weeks now, he is wanting to skip classes, leave early, not go, becuz he is tired. I KNOW its tough to work and do them as well, I am thinking he should give his work notice and concentrate on this til he gets it done. I THINK its only a matter of weeks, but I just cant get a handle on it, and the teachers are clueless. Arghhhhh! I guess I need to go in and speak to them again, perhaps they have more of an idea now thats its been over a month since I have talked with them.

I called the other job for him and they really would prefer he have his GED to as to not get hung up waiting for him to pass it right at the hiring time cuz they DO require it. So...I am in a pickle. Have him quit, finish that GED ASAP, and then start working while they still have a darn job open for him...or have him sloooooowly finish it over the next dozen years...

Squito is doing ok so far in his GED class, it's only been two weeks. He's a bit perturbed though about the social studies sections tho. He's enrolled in an intensive course that's supposed to get him prepared to take the test on June 14th :unsure: Last night he came home saying his brain was tired from all the exponents. He's got a GED practice test cd-rom that he works with on the pc. Sometimes he asks me for help with his math questions and I can't even answer them, mind you, I have a degree in Finance :lol::lol: If I were to take the GED now I'd probably fail. So I tip my hat to all of our men who are currently studying to pass it...

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Congrats Mindy and Roy on getting some action from USCIS/DHS/La Migra! :dance::dance: "Like a virgin! Hey! Touched for the very first time!" :lol:

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

Don't you just hate when you have one of those nights :bonk: and then still have to try and be happy and cheerful at work :dead:

I have "one of those nights" alot -- BUT, I don't go to work happy & cheerful :P Just talk to us...we will cheer you up!!

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

"Like a virgin! Hey! Touched for the very first time!" :lol:

That's me....just ask Roy!! :lol::rolleyes::innocent:

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Don't you just hate when you have one of those nights :bonk: and then still have to try and be happy and cheerful at work :dead:

I have "one of those nights" alot -- BUT, I don't go to work happy & cheerful :P Just talk to us...we will cheer you up!!

Unfortunetly I HAVE to be happy and cheerful...I have 2 meetings today with potential buyers. Only God knows how long those will last. Yesterday we had a mtg with another buyer and it lasted 3 hours and everything had to go through a translator. Talk about exhausting. I guess I better get cheered up before those meetings...don't want to snap and tell them what I truly think of some of them :whistle::lol:

MEN SUCK :angry: Me and Tony are fighting again too. I'm seriously considering a Divorce if some major things don't change soon. I'm just so glad you found out BEFORE you brought him here.

Sorry to hear that Rhonda :( Do you think part of it is the stress of being apart now that you are working different shifts? I definitely see a difference in our relationship now that Andre is working. It is a pretty hard adjustment for both of us. Sometimes I wonder if this whole adjustment thing will ever end :wacko::unsure:

I share the sentiment even though Squito is not yet working. I often ask myself if this adjustment thing will ever end. Believe it or not, our relationship waseasier when he was in Jamaica, tho at the time it didn't feel that way. I worry about what our relationship will be like when he starts working. :yes:

CJ, revenge may be sweet, but karma isn't. He will get his in the long run. Don't dig yourself deeper in this mess. Not to say that the other girl(s) don't deserve to know, but say you tell them - and they break up with him, then turn around and get back with him. What if your name is put in the middle? "She was jealous cause I got you and she tried to break us up, ray ray ray"...what was the point of warning these chicks if in the end they ain't listenin to what you have to say? You don't need all that drama in your life. Walk away and let the Lord handle this.

I agree Jill. :yes:

MEN SUCK :angry: Me and Tony are fighting again too. I'm seriously considering a Divorce if some major things don't change soon. I'm just so glad you found out BEFORE you brought him here.

Sorry to hear that Rhonda :( Do you think part of it is the stress of being apart now that you are working different shifts? I definitely see a difference in our relationship now that Andre is working. It is a pretty hard adjustment for both of us. Sometimes I wonder if this whole adjustment thing will ever end :wacko::unsure:

The problem seems to be that I am the only one trying to make our marriage work. He won't talk about our issues. He is hardly ever affectionate or loving anymore, even when we do see each other. I just feel like he doesn't care :( I have refrained from calling him today just to see how long it would take him to call me - here it is over 12 hours since he left for work this morning and not a single phone call :angry: I just don't know if I can do it anymore :crying:

((((Rhonda)))))) I'm very sorry to hear of your marital problems. I will keep you and Tony in my prayers.

Timeline

Congrats, Joanna and Adrian! Enjoy yourselves down there!

Ok, I have a question for those of you that this applies to, how are your men doing in their GED classes, how fast are they going, do you think it will take months, or weeks, etc, etc. Lake is learning a lot, but this last couple of weeks now, he is wanting to skip classes, leave early, not go, becuz he is tired. I KNOW its tough to work and do them as well, I am thinking he should give his work notice and concentrate on this til he gets it done. I THINK its only a matter of weeks, but I just cant get a handle on it, and the teachers are clueless. Arghhhhh! I guess I need to go in and speak to them again, perhaps they have more of an idea now thats its been over a month since I have talked with them.

I called the other job for him and they really would prefer he have his GED to as to not get hung up waiting for him to pass it right at the hiring time cuz they DO require it. So...I am in a pickle. Have him quit, finish that GED ASAP, and then start working while they still have a darn job open for him...or have him sloooooowly finish it over the next dozen years...

Squito is doing ok so far in his GED class, it's only been two weeks. He's a bit perturbed though about the social studies sections tho. He's enrolled in an intensive course that's supposed to get him prepared to take the test on June 14th :unsure: Last night he came home saying his brain was tired from all the exponents. He's got a GED practice test cd-rom that he works with on the pc. Sometimes he asks me for help with his math questions and I can't even answer them, mind you, I have a degree in Finance :lol::lol: If I were to take the GED now I'd probably fail. So I tip my hat to all of our men who are currently studying to pass it...

Ms. Squitto,

I was just about to post the exact same thing, with regard to Henry's Math GED assignments baffling me.

I do a good job with geography, grammar and reading comprehension. Henry is really good at math, but reading comp needed work - so we spend time on that. I believe if you master reading comp everything comes together. When I work with foreign lawyers who cant pass the NY bar, I make them do reading comp classes instead of law classes, I am like you know the law you just cant read fast enough and comprehend. Sure enough, after wasting thousands $$$ on bar review, they take ONE good reading comp class and pass the bar.

One thing Henry' teachers does that I like is he gives them the citizenship practice tests and that helps bring up their social studies grades and if they every decide to be a citizen......LOL

Edited by Elizabethnhenry

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

Jamie -- I would probably go with the more recent average....High School was a really long time ago and I can't imagine that any of that would matter now. What's the worst that can happen? They tell you they want the High School GPA? Big deal. Kinda like getting a RFE :huh:

Jamie, I agree with Mindy. I would use the most recent or I would average the two and if it boosted HS significantly, I would use the average of both combined and asterisk it with *high school plus recent continuing education.

Sorry to hear that Rhonda. We are all here from you. I know another JA/US couple who decided to seperate :crying:

I don't think the adjustment thing will never end. For the first time in year and half, I feel balance in my life. I wonder how long it will last :unsure:

I am sorry, Rhonda. Our adjustment/learning curve does seem longer than the average doesnt it? Henry and I have been having our spats here and there too...mostly a result of poor communication. One day were happy next day he's not speaking to me (he is big on the silent treatment) LOL His working evening shift has impacted us for the worse. I am up way past my bed time waiting for him to come home or if I fall asleep and he wakes me (deliberately or inadvertently) - I am cranky - I have to get up at 5 to work out, read my bible and get to work). Plus he still has not gotten paid, so all the things he antcipated doing, he can't and he is a bit frustrated. Today's crisis is the bank account is overdraft due to a HUGE error by american express automatic debit. Henry thought that was poor management on my part (without knowing the details), so I had to "get bilingual on him" and tell him a few things. So he is not speaking to me....for now. :wacko:

I don't know what to say, Rhonda, except many of us understand what you are going through. ((((HUGGS!!!))))

Squito and I live on a rollercoaster. One day we're way up and things are great, and the very next we sink deeply into anger frustration and finger pointing. We're such extremists. I guess when you love hard, you fight hard. We try to pray together daily no matter what, it's the only thing that's going to keep us together!!! :yes:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Ok y'all, I married "SYBIL". Henry just got home and IS speaking to me....as if nothing happened...all my bilingual telling off....wasted. I wondereth: is he manic??? :o

:lol: :lol:

Don't you just hate when you get all into the telling off and going "bilingual" and yet they still don't seem to get it.

Such a waste of a good telling off :no:

Timeline

yeah what Mindy said. I have a long bus ride that helps me exhale before I get to the office but on the days when that does not suffice I eat smarties candies - DON'T DO THAT!!! LOL

((((JAMIE))))

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.