aussiewench

Yardies, at home and a farrin'

5,682 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Jamie -- I would probably go with the more recent average....High School was a really long time ago and I can't imagine that any of that would matter now. What's the worst that can happen? They tell you they want the High School GPA? Big deal. Kinda like getting a RFE :huh:

Jamie, I agree with Mindy. I would use the most recent or I would average the two and if it boosted HS significantly, I would use the average of both combined and asterisk it with *high school plus recent continuing education.

MEN SUCK :angry: Me and Tony are fighting again too. I'm seriously considering a Divorce if some major things don't change soon. I'm just so glad you found out BEFORE you brought him here.

Sorry to hear that Rhonda :( Do you think part of it is the stress of being apart now that you are working different shifts? I definitely see a difference in our relationship now that Andre is working. It is a pretty hard adjustment for both of us. Sometimes I wonder if this whole adjustment thing will ever end :wacko::unsure:

Sorry to hear that Rhonda. We are all here from you. I know another JA/US couple who decided to seperate :crying:

I don't think the adjustment thing will never end. For the first time in year and half, I feel balance in my life. I wonder how long it will last :unsure:

I am sorry, Rhonda. Our adjustment/learning curve does seem longer than the average doesnt it? Henry and I have been having our spats here and there too...mostly a result of poor communication. One day were happy next day he's not speaking to me (he is big on the silent treatment) LOL His working evening shift has impacted us for the worse. I am up way past my bed time waiting for him to come home or if I fall asleep and he wakes me (deliberately or inadvertently) - I am cranky - I have to get up at 5 to work out, read my bible and get to work). Plus he still has not gotten paid, so all the things he antcipated doing, he can't and he is a bit frustrated. Today's crisis is the bank account is overdraft due to a HUGE error by american express automatic debit. Henry thought that was poor management on my part (without knowing the details), so I had to "get bilingual on him" and tell him a few things. So he is not speaking to me....for now. :wacko:

I don't know what to say, Rhonda, except many of us understand what you are going through. ((((HUGGS!!!))))

"get bilingual on him" :lol: sorry, but that's funny. Trust me, I feel your pain (L)

CONGRATULATIONS on the APPROVALS :thumbs::thumbs::dance::dance::dance: .

Good night ladies (F) ,

Rhonda I am so sorry to hear what you are going through, my husband is not here and on numerous occasions I have thought the same thing. You just have to remeber that you both vowed to stick together through thick or/and thin..Us as a couple in a JA/US relationship will have alot of thicks teh thins will be few and far between. Keep your head up and things will work out. (L)(L)(L)

I do not wish to share any information about this dead end journey.........I have reached my final destination on this train, and it is time for me to get off.

THIS TOO SHALL PASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"If marriage means you fell in love, does divorce mean you climbed out?"

"You never really know a man until you have divorced him."-Zsa Zsa Gabor

"When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favour in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her: then let him write her a bill of divorcement, and give it in her hand, and send her out of his house. And when she is departed out of his house, she may go and be another man's wife." Deuteronomy 24:1-2

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us." - Helen Keller

"Even though you may want to move forward in your life, you may have one foot on the brakes. In order to be free, we must learn how to let go. Release the hurt. Release the fear. Refuse to entertain your old pain. The energy it takes to hang onto the past is holding you back from a new life. What is it you would let go of today?" - Mary Manin Morrissey

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Theresa

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Just got back from the embassy!!

:dance::dance:APPROVED :dance::dance:

Congtats! :D

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline

Jamie -- I would probably go with the more recent average....High School was a really long time ago and I can't imagine that any of that would matter now. What's the worst that can happen? They tell you they want the High School GPA? Big deal. Kinda like getting a RFE :huh:

Jamie, I agree with Mindy. I would use the most recent or I would average the two and if it boosted HS significantly, I would use the average of both combined and asterisk it with *high school plus recent continuing education.

MEN SUCK :angry: Me and Tony are fighting again too. I'm seriously considering a Divorce if some major things don't change soon. I'm just so glad you found out BEFORE you brought him here.

Sorry to hear that Rhonda :( Do you think part of it is the stress of being apart now that you are working different shifts? I definitely see a difference in our relationship now that Andre is working. It is a pretty hard adjustment for both of us. Sometimes I wonder if this whole adjustment thing will ever end :wacko::unsure:

Sorry to hear that Rhonda. We are all here from you. I know another JA/US couple who decided to seperate :crying:

I don't think the adjustment thing will never end. For the first time in year and half, I feel balance in my life. I wonder how long it will last :unsure:

I am sorry, Rhonda. Our adjustment/learning curve does seem longer than the average doesnt it? Henry and I have been having our spats here and there too...mostly a result of poor communication. One day were happy next day he's not speaking to me (he is big on the silent treatment) LOL His working evening shift has impacted us for the worse. I am up way past my bed time waiting for him to come home or if I fall asleep and he wakes me (deliberately or inadvertently) - I am cranky - I have to get up at 5 to work out, read my bible and get to work). Plus he still has not gotten paid, so all the things he antcipated doing, he can't and he is a bit frustrated. Today's crisis is the bank account is overdraft due to a HUGE error by american express automatic debit. Henry thought that was poor management on my part (without knowing the details), so I had to "get bilingual on him" and tell him a few things. So he is not speaking to me....for now. :wacko:

I don't know what to say, Rhonda, except many of us understand what you are going through. ((((HUGGS!!!))))

"get bilingual on him" :lol: sorry, but that's funny. Trust me, I feel your pain (L)

Rhonda Sorry to hear things aren't going that great. Hopefully its just a rough patch and all will turn around.

Jamie go with your most recent transcript. They are looking for your most recent work.

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: Country: Guyana
Timeline

Rhonda, sorry to hear bout things on your end not going so well. Men just dont think when it comes to the little things, and what they mean to us.

Lake and I had our biggest spat ever, last week. I came home from the doctor, and he didnt even ask how it went, what the dr. said, etc. Which kinda ticked me off. And I had signed us up for a last minute class on diabetes, cuz I think HE needs to learn about it more, since his family has it so prevalent, and he WAS looking forward to resting on our Saturday off. Well, since he didnt even ask about me how I was, or anything, or tell me thanks for picking up his check, etc, etc. I was a little ticked and presented it to him VERY badly...said..."Oh by the way, I signed us up for a class tomorrow morning on diabetes"...I KNEW it would get his goat, but I really was thinking of the both of us WHEN I did it.

Of course, my mom an sis were sitting at the kitchen table, NOT a good time to have said it, either. He didnt say a word, but had a lil "body language" fit, threw his hands in the air then plopped down on the couch. And so it went, and I took him to work, the whole way not sayiing a WORD to him, except that I HAD cancelled the da!m class.

I stewed all day, and then when he got home, I didnt talk the whole way home, or after, until finally he asks me..."Ok, WHATS YOUR PROBLEM????" I coulda killed him. :bonk:

Once we finally worked it out, he has been very loving since, and its been great as far as us getting along, but I told him it made me feel just like a cheap ####### and VERY UNLOVED when he doesnt act like he gives a damn about my well being, etc or the things I do for him so HE can rest, etc. Turns out he kinda liked my mad fit too, I guess it made him respect me more and know the boundaries of overstepping. :bonk: MEN!!!

Elizabeth...how is Henry managing classes with the second shift? We are struggling badly here too, he did well the first week, slightly worse the second week and now he is really slipping... :(

Edited by thndrdancr

Timeline

May 15th Lake arrived NYC on tourist visa

6-15-05 Flew NCY to "fetch" Lake for visit here

8-17-05 He Proposed!

8-24-05 MARRIED!

9- 1-05 - SENT AOS, EAD, AP, & ETC

9-12-05 NOA1 - FOR I-130, I-145, & AP, EAD

10-5-05 RFE for Birth C. & medical

10-24-05 GOT LEARNERS PERMIT

11-3-05 DRIVERS LICENSE :)

11-16-05 overnited RFE

11-17-05 Rcvd NOA2 for EAD, bio set for 12-5-05

11-25-05 Recvd AOS bio letter, apptmt for 12-14-05

12-5-05 Biometrics (they did BOTH!)

Infopass, got temp EAD, AP no luck

12-6-05 Applied for SSN, not in system

12-10-05 AP finally arrives!

12-11-05 1 year EAD card!

12-23-05 Interview letter arrives! 3-3-06

1-17-06 SSN arrives!!

3-3-06 Interview-APPROVED! Passport stamped :)

3-14-06 Green card arrives!

Timeline

Why is most everything so slow in Jamaica. My wedding planner takes like weeks at a time to get back to me. I have been talking to her about the wedding for a month and have no quota on the price. I'm just worried about all the paper work I need to send 30 days ahead of time to get the wedding certificate. I keep looking up places on the inernet on were to send it but I cant find that info. My wedding planner said she would do it but she hasn't respond in 2 weeks ugh. I'm ready to pull out my hair and just think I haven't started the true visa paper work yet. Dwain just applied for his passport so I hope that comes in time. Does anyone know where to send all the paper work for the licenses? I would ask the rev Alexander but I cant get a hold of him. ugh :angry:

I hope Dwain adjust wells when he gets here and I hope we don't fight. Men just don't think like us. I'm going to make him busy and join a soccer league here. Even if were approved around next june 2007 I plan to stay down there all summer so he can say goodbye so he can say I didn't give him his last goodbye. Then will come back in August before my work. They do give visa holders 6 months to use the visa I think so this hopefully will work.

Congrats on all the approvals I hope I didn't forget anyone.

13 work days to go before the summer :dance: and then half days of work teaching summer school :D

Everyone have a good night and take care

Jax

xTr6m6.png

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Ok y'all, I married "SYBIL". Henry just got home and IS speaking to me....as if nothing happened...all my bilingual telling off....wasted. I wondereth: is he manic??? :o

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Congrats!!! :dance::dance::dance:

I am soo happy for you both........now I have so many questions!!! I guess I can wait until you return. I would be interested in learning eveything they asked and what you brought to the appointment. By teh time I get to that stage, I want to be prepared.

Have a safe trip home and go out and celebrate tonight!!!!! Yippy!!! :dance: :energetic: :thumbs:

Well Kim I will post here what our day was like:

Got to the embassy and went up stairs (drop off you interview letter at window #1) we didnt know we were suppose to do that along with about 15 other people the security lady announced it and everyone headed for the window at the same time.

We were called to window 4 and gave her: all the applications, No impediment, police cert, birth cert, I-134, 2005 tax returns, letter from employer and bank (she didnt ask for the employer and bank letters but I gave them to her just in case)

She told us to go have a seat...about 10-15 minute later we were called to window 10 (not a man like everyone else but a white american woman) she was very nice, had him sign a paper and both of us raise right hand a swear that everything that we say is true and asked:

How we met? How many times we have seen each other? If Adrian had ever been in the US or other countries? When did we decide we wanted to be engaged? Has either of us been married before? Do either of us have kids?

She let us stand together and answer the questions together.

She said that was it that they have to wait for his medical and pending that we would be approved.

I said to her "Here I bring this big folder full is stuff and you dont want to see it??" :D ...she said "oh sure I'll take a look at your pictures"

Then we went to the hospital and they told us they had just sent the medical over to the embassy...we went back at 12pm and went right up to window 10 agian and they had the medical and were approved..left the embassy and went around the corner to Airpac to set up delivery of the visa and should have it Thurs or Fri.

I am not sure but I dont think they usually ask if your fiance has ever been in the US or other countries, but since Adrian had been in the US and Europe she asked about it....oh yeah she also asked about the visitors visa that he was denied last year...I told her that he had wanted to come visit me while on vacation from the ship, she said "oh ok"....i did most of the talking....Adrian is a very quiet person.

Joanna-

This information is really helpful!!! Thank you sooooo much for taking the time to be so detailed. It helps me prepare for our next step in this journey.

If you have time, I need to ask you a quick question about the NVC. In your signature it says that you tracked your status to Kingston via DHL tracking number???? How did you do this? I want Duane to pick up packet 3 from the embassy the day after it arrives in Kingston....I'd like to get this done by June 1 if possible.....depending on when NVC forwards the packet to Kingston. I have a trip planned to return to JA in the middle of June for my birthday and if we can get an earlier appointment date, I want to try!!! This will save us lots of time and $$$$$!!!

Since we already have everything we need except the medical, I am hoping they can work with us.

Any help you or anyone can give me would be great!!

CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE: www.embassyart.homestead.com

SEE K-1 TIME LINE IN MY PROFILE

.....INTERVIEW JULY 10, 2006-APPROVED

07/19/06-Duane flew home to the USA-FINALLY!!!!!!!

08/17/06-DUANE AND KIM GOT MARRIED

PART 2 BEGINS

09/20/06- EAD/AOS Mailed to Chicago Today..........Here we go again!!!

10/13/06- Biometric appointment-San Francisco

12/07/06- AOS Interview-San Francisco

CAUGHT IN FBI NAME CHECK DELAY

04/23/07-Received AOS Approval E-Mail

04/25/07-Received CARD Production E-mail

WAITING FOR GREEN CARD TO ARRIVE.......

Timeline

Good morning everyone... Have a great Wednesday :P

xTr6m6.png

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good morning everyone!!! Happy Wednesday. Hope you are all doing well.

I am taking a well-deserved middle of the week day off today ----- to clean the house and plant flowers in the yard. LOL

Mindy and Kimone, I hope you are ready for tonight's episode of LOST - the producers said the season ender next week will blow our minds. :o

Lak's Jill - Henry is keeping up with classes - he just left for class - But he is not in a graded class - just GED prep with small occasional tests. He is not taking computer classes this semester. He will start again in summer.

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

Filed: Other Timeline

Jaime I agree-[ I would use the latter, or average them together.

Jill...Yes let it go...if he forces the issue tho, I think she know it all, the nerve of him!!!!!! Stay strong.

Thunderd....I don't think he is sleeping to much, he has an odd schedule..may be he's sleeping when she's around and she dosen't realize what he is really doing? I'm not hatin on your Mom but marriage is hard enough alone, we don't need family members budding in, I think it clouds your judgement. :blush:

Jill&Joanna :blush: ...Congrats :dance:

Hugs to all going thu a difficult time.... I will keep you all in my prayers....Marriage is a tough Job. I've been through one divorce, I would say that I would never want to go through it ever again...I do know that working different shifts cause strain on a relationship. I quite my second job, just so that I could be home, when my family is home Money is tight but It makes a difference.

David is going pretty slow with the GED prep classes. He takes it very seriously...I think is very hard on himself. I'm sure he needs to be in class for some time to be prepared for the test. :huh:

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Filed: Other Timeline

Good morning

Jaime I agree-[ I would use the latter, or average them together.

Jill...Yes let it go...if he forces the issue tho, I think she know it all, the nerve of him!!!!!! Stay strong.

Thunderd....I don't think he is sleeping to much, he has an odd schedule..may be he's sleeping when she's around and she dosen't realize what he is really doing? I'm not hatin on your Mom but marriage is hard enough alone, we don't need family members budding in, I think it clouds your judgement. :blush:

Jill&Joanna :blush: ...Congrats :dance:

Hugs to all going thu a difficult time.... I will keep you all in my prayers....Marriage is a tough Job. I've been through one divorce, I would say that I would never want to go through it ever again...I do know that working different shifts cause strain on a relationship. I quit my second job, just so that I could be home, when my family is home money is tight but It makes a difference.

David is going pretty slow with the GED prep classes. He takes it very seriously...I think is very hard on himself. I'm sure he needs to be in class for some time to be prepared for the test. :huh:

Everyone have a good day.

Rhonda...Dose Tony really like working for your parents???

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Ok y'all, I married "SYBIL"

HA :lol: HA :lol: HA :lol:

Mindy and Kimone, I hope you are ready for tonight's episode of LOST - the producers said the season ender next week will blow our minds

I can hardly wait....the suspense is killing me!! I don't usually watch it when it is on....I have it on Tivo and "catch up" on the weekends....I will be watching tonight!!

Calm down, calm down, calm down......We've FINALLY been touched!!! For the EAD..... :dance: :dance:

It's the little things in life that excite me :D

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Ok y'all, I married "SYBIL"

HA :lol: HA :lol: HA :lol:

Mindy and Kimone, I hope you are ready for tonight's episode of LOST - the producers said the season ender next week will blow our minds

I can hardly wait....the suspense is killing me!! I don't usually watch it when it is on....I have it on Tivo and "catch up" on the weekends....I will be watching tonight!!

Calm down, calm down, calm down......We've FINALLY been touched!!! For the EAD..... :dance: :dance:

It's the little things in life that excite me :D

YAY Mindy and Roy :luv:

Good morning family.

Filed: Timeline
He's been asking me to call the girl and tell her that we we're only friends!!! :angry: And the more he asks me to call her...the more I want to post more pics on the yahoo site........I feel like the biggest fool
...and you're suppose to do this....WHY?? Give me a break. I say go post all the pictures you have....you could be saving someone the same heartache you are going through now. Don't feel like a fool -- there are many things you are allowed to feel. A fool is NOT one of them (L)

ditto :angry:

Yay!!! :dance::dance::dance::dance: Congratulations!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.