aussiewench

Yardies, at home and a farrin'

5,682 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey Everyone!!!

It's been awhile since I've been on here. I hope that all is well.

I'm excited that I got a letter today and Dice's interview is on June 20th. I can't believe it is so soon. We're praying for a speedy process and it is definitely moving. However, I'm wondering if we'll get approval for the AP and EAD before the interview or if they're going to wait until the interview so that we'll be approved for everything at one time?

Has anyone had this type of situation happen to them?

Anyhow I wish everyone well and I'll be popping in occasionally!!

10/03/2009 Mailed N-400

10/05/2009 Package received in Lewisville, TX

10/09/2009 Check cashed

10/13/2009 Received Receipt notice with a 10/8/09 priority date

10/23/2009 Received Biometrics letter

11/02/2009 Biometrics apt

11/11/2009 Case sent to local office for interview scheduling

11/21/2009 Received interview letter with an as of date of 11/18/2009

12/15/2009 Interview scheduled-Approved!!!!

12/15/2009 Oath Ceremony

JOURNEY IS COMPLETE!

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And to think, we thought it would be quiet in here without Joanna :lol::jest: -- Hey girl....good luck tomorrow!!! :thumbs:

I'm excited that I got a letter today and Dice's interview is on June 20th

That's one of my most favorite days of the year.....Congratulations!! :dance:

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Filed: Timeline
Hey Everyone!!!

I'm excited that I got a letter today and Dice's interview is on June 20th. I can't believe it is so soon. We're praying for a speedy process and it is definitely moving. However, I'm wondering if we'll get approval for the AP and EAD before the interview or if they're going to wait until the interview so that we'll be approved for everything at one time?

Congratulations Saundra and Dice!!

OH YEAH .. I FORGOT TO TELL YOU GUYS!!!

when I was at my interveiw there was some other K1's there and I dont like to judge a book by its cover but this looked odd in the least. The couple sitting in front of me and Rohan was this very old American lady , probably in her 90's or late 80's , she was soo old she could bearly stand up, and this younger Rastah man, around his late 40 or early 50's. He had to practically hold her up to bring her to the window. and they were doing K1. They were sitting there infront of us, and he was stroking her back and neck and coming on to her, and looking loving. I think those kind of things the embassy looks closesly at.

:o

I know there are some of us women that are a lot older than our SO, myself included, but this is a little too much. Then again if it makes her happy and she's not being used; :unsure: then I say more power to them :blink:.

"I think those kind of things the embassy looks closesly at." :yes::yes::yes:

Hi Dru- good to see you again. Hope you're feeling better :luv: .

Edited by Jamaica to CT

Hi Ladies…

I want to say that all of you had made my journey a very pleasant, humorous and peaceful one. However, I just want to say that God was surely watching over me when Kirk got his denial last April. As hard as it has been to understand why, I now know the reason. Kirk was not 100% honest with me and was in at least 1 additional relationship. I have always been speculating but it has now been confirmed. It is very disturbing how twisted his mind is and how he is able to manipulate my mind in to believing that I am wrong. I am hurt, sad, and angry. But I know I will be okay. I always am. I wish you all the best. I consider many of you good friends of mind. I just needed to get this off my chest and tell people who would understand being in a LDR with a Jamaican. Most of my friends here would have a “I told ya so” attitude. Thanks ladies. I love you all. (F)

oh my. ((((((((((((((((((((((((JILL))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) You know how it goes, everything happens for a reason honey. That denial was your protection against even more heartache and pain. :yes:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey Everyone!!!

Congratulations!! :thumbs:

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: Other Timeline

Hello (F)

......They were being extra nice to us at the embassy while trying to get Davids visa. We told them that he would not make his flight. So they told him that he could pick it up there.

David and I are sitting here watching girls ...big ones too :hehe: do the durtty wind videos from JA :blink::hehe: I would not be caught dead doing it. :huh:

We party together!! ..He says I can even do da durtty wind, as long as it's wit him :huh:

Congrats Shamonya :dance:;)

Joanna: Good luck!!

Kim: congrats on your NAO2!!

Jill (F) the lord works in mysterious ways :blush:....Its what I am thinking about David daughter someting nah right.

David's birthday is tomorrow :luv: I have jury duty tomorrow:angry:

Mothers day...nothing planned so fa.

Weekend ...nothing working :(

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Nite everyone!

Oh, Rhonda, what bout the other questions. Is Tony mechanically inclined? I am imagining since he is doing construction he has at least learned a lot, but did he do that kind of thing before hand? Was he naturally handy? Or no?

At least Lake hasnt blown up a new mower yet. ROFL :lol:

Tony is pretty good with little stuff around the house. He used to do light mechanical repairs to the boat engines on the catamaran he used to sail in Jamaica. Now he's doing roofing and siding. He had never done it before he came here, but he caught on quick.

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

HELLO FROM JAMAICA!!!

Adrian applied for the No impediment and paid for express service over 2 weeks ago and we finally got it today.

Things were going well with us till tonight we went to his aunts house and I used her computer to check my e-mail and there was an e-mail from expedia about his flight on May 18th...I called my mom to ask her to call them and find out what was going on, she called back to say that his flight was cancelled..I am so stressed right now...Adrian didnt have any credit on his phone so the neighbor next door let me use his phone to call and I was on hold forever with expedia, till I finally hung up...I have my laptop with me and the neighbor ran internet over to our apartment so at least I have internet and can start searching for flights...I am going to call expedia again tomorrow and see about trying to get another flight for him...they said they could give him a flight to Orlando, but we really want him to go through JFK and then to Orlando.

I will log in tomorrow and catch up on some reading...just wanted to drop in and say hello...Adrian is asleep next to me on the couch right now.

Joanna

Hey girl,

Sorry to hear about the plane ticket trouble. Don't worry, you'll get it straightened out. GOOD LUCK tomorrow - it's the BIG DAY!!! Let us know how it goes.

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

Filed: Country: Guyana
Timeline

Joanna, good luck on the interview tomorrow! We are all thinking of you!

And to Jill, the original one... (L) Sending you hugs, and so sorry to hear of your heartache.

Not much going on in this neighborhood, we wanted to go out Saturday nite, but I have been so fatigued lately. I am going absolutely crazy with this itching, I think we have some kind of mites that live in the oak tree outside, is what its finally come down to, so whenever we walk out the door or do ANYTHING outside, its like they attack. I have no idea how to eliminate them, but its keeping us awake, etc. They are worse than chiggers. We have had them the past two years (the whole city) but usually they dont start this early in the year. The say on the news there really is not much you can do, pesiticides dont work, etc, etc, but I am going stark raving mad. I am ready to go out right this minute and buy some B vitamins cuz I KNOW they help a bit.

Anyhow, about my grand-niece (nephews baby), she is doing quite well, hit 5 1/2 lbs TODAY! Still in NICU, and still eating thru a tube for the most part, but boy is she gaining weight and no probs, everything looks wonderful!

Lakes job is still the same, and he cant figure out how to clock out, so he is not getting all his hours in, I have to call the temp agency every week! Poor guy is a bit computer illiterate, and the clock out process you have to type your code, then enter, and page down, and type OUT, and enter again. So it SOUNDS like he had it down, but for some reason...he must be hittin an missin with it. When I tell him I will call the agency, he tells me they should KNOW he is working, he hasnt called in or anything! I told him it doesnt WORK like that, if they dont have his hours, he WONT get paid! We have gone over this argument several times now!

My mom is a little frustrated, she thinks he is sleeping too much. Ok, you tell me guys, you know, first of all, he was a dynamo, but after sitting around most of the winter not working, it has really really told on him. He gets up at 7 am, goes to class from 8:30, to 11 am, comes home cooks and then sleeps for about two hours before going to work from 3:30 to 11:30, gets home and goes to bed about 1 am. Do any of YOU think that's sleeping too much and not getting things done? Today was a gorgeous day and I KNOW she thought he should mow the yard cuz the forcast is for rain for the next 4 days, but the yard is still gonna be there this weekend, for pity sake, and if it gets too bad, I will do it myself. Sigh...

Well goodnite all... Hugs and well wishes to everyone

Timeline

May 15th Lake arrived NYC on tourist visa

6-15-05 Flew NCY to "fetch" Lake for visit here

8-17-05 He Proposed!

8-24-05 MARRIED!

9- 1-05 - SENT AOS, EAD, AP, & ETC

9-12-05 NOA1 - FOR I-130, I-145, & AP, EAD

10-5-05 RFE for Birth C. & medical

10-24-05 GOT LEARNERS PERMIT

11-3-05 DRIVERS LICENSE :)

11-16-05 overnited RFE

11-17-05 Rcvd NOA2 for EAD, bio set for 12-5-05

11-25-05 Recvd AOS bio letter, apptmt for 12-14-05

12-5-05 Biometrics (they did BOTH!)

Infopass, got temp EAD, AP no luck

12-6-05 Applied for SSN, not in system

12-10-05 AP finally arrives!

12-11-05 1 year EAD card!

12-23-05 Interview letter arrives! 3-3-06

1-17-06 SSN arrives!!

3-3-06 Interview-APPROVED! Passport stamped :)

3-14-06 Green card arrives!

Timeline

Joanna - it's unfortunate that the airlines had a schedule change. It happens all of the time. Air Jamaica has taken that service (the morning flight) out of the system from May 13th and starts up again May 21st. It will be a regularly scheduled flight after the 21st.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Joanna,

I'm thinking of you and Adrian...hoping everything went well. :yes:

Lee

July 4, 2006: Married

October 7, 2006: AOS Packet mailed to Chicago Lockbox via FedEx (I-485, I-130, I-765)

October 10, 2006: Package reived in Chicago

October 23, 2006: Checks cashed

November 1, 2006: I-130 and I-765 touched

November 2, 2006: I-485 touched--email notification about RFE letter on the way.

December 2006: Biometrics

January 2007: EAD Card

July 10, 2007 @ 9 a.m.--AOS Interview in West Palm Beach, FL...APPROVED!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Joanna - Thinking of you & Adrian (L) Hope everything is going great at the Embassy. Get back here and update us with the good news soon! :clock:

Edited by Sbys

Click My Timeline For Our K-1 Info

10.21.05 - Applied For SS Card (He's Not In The System Yet)

10.27.05 - Got Marriage License

11.02.05 - Received SS Card In The Mail

11.10.05 - Passed Permit Test!

NOVEMBER 18th - We're Married!

12.17.05 - Mailed AOS/EAD Papers

12.27.05 - Checks Cashed

12.29.05 - Received both NOA's in the mail (receipt dates 12.20.05)

02.17.06 - Received Biometrics Letter

02.27.06 - Got Driver's License!

03.11.06 - Biometrics Appointment

03.16.06 - EAD Approved

03.21.06 - EAD Came In The Mail

04.10.06 - Received AOS Interview Letter

06.08.06 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

06.19.06 - Green Card Received

WE'RE DONE!

08.22.06 - Elias Is Finally Here!!! Born at 1:13am, 8lbs. 15oz. and 20.5 Inches Long

November 18th, 2006 - Our Real Wedding In Negril

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.