aussiewench

Yardies, at home and a farrin'

5,682 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Good afternoon everyone,

Well we finally decided to go down to the airport to try and take care of the canceled flight...they said there was no problem that they can give him a flight to Orlando, I had to explain to them that I pay double the money just so his POE would be JFK and that he really needs to go to JFK (get temp work permit) so all they had was a flight that got into JFK 10pm and then a flight the next day to Orlando at 12:45 pm...I told them that was ok as long as they are going to pay for him a hotel room in JFK since it is thier fault the flight was canceled they said they would take care of accomodations for him. so he leaves JA May 18th and will be in Orlando May 19th...that is of course if everything goes well at the interview tomorrow.

Jill- all I can say is sorry and I feel for you...please PM

Kim - that sounds like you got touched so hopefully you will get the approval soon...like someone else said just pray that the touch was not an RFE....sending some NOA2 vibes and prayers your way.

Its funny everytime I have sat down and gotten on the internet Adrian falls asleep...I was trying to show him different things on the internet but he seemed bored with it :blink:

Until later, Joanna

10/25/2005 - I-129F packet mailed to TSC

11/03/2005 - NOA 1 from CSC

11/07/2005 - Check cashed

02/03/2006 - NOA2 by e-mail

05/03/2006 - Leave for Jamaica

05/09/2006 - Interview "VISA APPROVED"

05/15/2006 - Return from Jamaica

05/22/2006 - Called off the wedding and Adrian left

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good morning family.

On my way to the gym.

Hey Girl!

Congrats to you and Damien on the green card. Let's celebrate. :dance:

No problem. Are you coming up anytime soon? Let me know so we meet up. Take care.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Julie--Good to know the pregnancy's going well.

Marsha--How is your sister? How far along is she?

Jill--How is the Little Angel (your nephew's baby)?

Lee

Hi Lee, she is find still having mornig/all daysickness. She is about 3. months now. Thanks for asking .

How you doinnnngggggggg? :)

Ugghh...Oh how I remember that morning sickness :wacko: . Other than that I'm glad she's okay. Tell her to hold on a little longer...it'll be over soon. :yes:

I'm good, thanks.

Lee

July 4, 2006: Married

October 7, 2006: AOS Packet mailed to Chicago Lockbox via FedEx (I-485, I-130, I-765)

October 10, 2006: Package reived in Chicago

October 23, 2006: Checks cashed

November 1, 2006: I-130 and I-765 touched

November 2, 2006: I-485 touched--email notification about RFE letter on the way.

December 2006: Biometrics

January 2007: EAD Card

July 10, 2007 @ 9 a.m.--AOS Interview in West Palm Beach, FL...APPROVED!!!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Julie--Good to know the pregnancy's going well.

Marsha--How is your sister? How far along is she?

Jill--How is the Little Angel (your nephew's baby)?

Lee

Hi Lee, she is find still having mornig/all daysickness. She is about 3. months now. Thanks for asking .

How you doinnnngggggggg? :)

Ugghh...Oh how I remember that morning sickness :wacko: . Other than that I'm glad she's okay. Tell her to hold on a little longer...it'll be over soon. :yes:

I'm good, thanks.

Lee

Thanks Lee I will tell her.

I do not wish to share any information about this dead end journey.........I have reached my final destination on this train, and it is time for me to get off.

THIS TOO SHALL PASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"If marriage means you fell in love, does divorce mean you climbed out?"

"You never really know a man until you have divorced him."-Zsa Zsa Gabor

"When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favour in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her: then let him write her a bill of divorcement, and give it in her hand, and send her out of his house. And when she is departed out of his house, she may go and be another man's wife." Deuteronomy 24:1-2

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us." - Helen Keller

"Even though you may want to move forward in your life, you may have one foot on the brakes. In order to be free, we must learn how to let go. Release the hurt. Release the fear. Refuse to entertain your old pain. The energy it takes to hang onto the past is holding you back from a new life. What is it you would let go of today?" - Mary Manin Morrissey

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Theresa

Timeline
Thanks for all the well wishes for tomorrow I just pray everything goes ok...boy it is nice to have internet...we have a cord running from the next door apartment into ours so that I am able to connect on my lap top.

I have a questions, for those of you that have been to JFK airport how is it...I am looking for different flights for Adrian and the only thing I can find is one that gets into JFK 10pm and his flight to Orlando wont leave till 6am...will they let him stay in the airport??? or will they make him leave??

I firgure it will take him time to get through immigration, go get his luggage and then in the morning check in at the other airline.

Joanna

By now Joanna & Adrian are at the Embassy.....waiting :clock: ......Good Luck to them today!! (L)

Not till tomorrow Mindy

Hey Joanna

My prayers are with you for your interview tommorow. Rohan went on a flight straight from Kingston to Jfk and got in at 1:10 pm. That flight leaves Kingston dailey at 8:30 am.

Quick question --has anyone (the men) gone and applied for the Police Certificate to get it in ONE day (or actually that same day)?? If so, does anyone know the cost?

Thanks!

Kelly

I applied for the certificate to come in 5 buisness days and it took about 2 weeks. It would have took longer it I didnt consistantly badger them :angry: They are toooo slow, so apply for it asap

2/1/2010- AOS , EAD. AP Mailed via USPS priority mail

2/3/2010- Received - via USPS delivery tracking

2/9/2010- Check Cashed

2/9/2010- NOA 1 Received for 131, 765, 485

2/17/2010- Received letter for biometrics

2/19/2010- Completed biometrics via early "walk in'

2/22/2010- Touched on I-765, 48

2/24/2010- Case transferred to CSC

4/2/2010 Card Production Ordered for I-765, AP touched (Yea!!)

4/8/10- Approval notice for I-765 sent via email/ AP touched

4/10/2010 Received AP.

4/12/10 Received EAD-

7/6/10 Contacted USCIS because now Outside normal processing time

7/23/10 Got RFE asking for proof of legitimate marriage- 1page and 1/4 of proofs

8/23/10 sent off RFE response via Expressmail

8/24/10 Received by CSC

9/2/10 Email from USCIS- Card Production Ordered

Timeline

I think I echo many when I say that anyone involved in a LDR with a Jamaican has at one point in their life wondered if this is "real". Some people never find out until it is too late so count yourself as one of the "blessed" ones. Even though it may hurt now, stay strong because just as one door closes, God always opens another for us.

.....so true.....

Jill,

So sorry to hear of the situation, I know it hurts, but we are hear for you. I mirror the sentiments of what kim said. I know it doesnt feel like it , but you are blessed that you found out now, so many find out later when they are in misearble marriages with someone who never truly loved them and respected them. Your denial was for that reason, God speared you. I hope you still stay around, we want you here (L)

2/9/2010- Check Cashed

4/10/2010 Received AP.

4/12/10 Received EAD-

7/23/10 Got RFE asking for proof of legitimate marriage- 1page and 1/4 of proofs

8/24/10 Received by CSC

Hey Joanna

My prayers are with you for your interview tommorow. Rohan went on a flight straight from Kingston to Jfk and got in at 1:10 pm. That flight leaves Kingston dailey at 8:30 am.

Yes Tenika, I thought that but the 8:30 flight was the one that got canceled....I checked on line and airjamaica for May 17th, 18th 19th and 20th flights are straight to JFK but dont get there till 10:10pm...Maybe they have changed them...I wish he could fly out early in the morning..but oh well.

Timeline
Hi Ladies…

I want to say that all of you had made my journey a very pleasant, humorous and peaceful one. However, I just want to say that God was surely watching over me when Kirk got his denial last April. As hard as it has been to understand why, I now know the reason. Kirk was not 100% honest with me and was in at least 1 additional relationship. I have always been speculating but it has now been confirmed. It is very disturbing how twisted his mind is and how he is able to manipulate my mind in to believing that I am wrong. I am hurt, sad, and angry. But I know I will be okay. I always am. I wish you all the best. I consider many of you good friends of mind. I just needed to get this off my chest and tell people who would understand being in a LDR with a Jamaican. Most of my friends here would have a “I told ya so” attitude. Thanks ladies. I love you all. (F)

it is really sad what happend!! :(

but at least you know now..and i'm here for ya!!!

Oh I forgot to tell ya'll we got our wedding bands...Adrian got a beautiful band with 5 diamonds and I got a new wedding set with new engagment ring and band...it is very nice and we got a good deal on them here in Kingston.

Ha Ha ...see y'all thought you had gotten rid of me for a couple weeks :lol: ...but I got internet and here I am :yes: ..hopefully the neighbor will let me keep the phone line over here so I can stay connected at least in the day when he is at work...he works for cable and wireless so he kinda has a hook up, I can use the internet and also he has Vonage and he lets me make calls to the states for free.

Timeline

Hey Joanna

Yes Tenika, I thought that but the 8:30 flight was the one that got canceled....I checked on line and airjamaica for May 17th, 18th 19th and 20th flights are straight to JFK but dont get there till 10:10pm...Maybe they have changed them...I wish he could fly out early in the morning..but oh well.

Ok ... i see, Well get to bed early tonight. Did you rent a car? Do you have planned out how you will get to the embassy? A lot of people get their very early, I see why, but outside they sill sort you out by appointments,and call you with appointment letters to the front of the line. Y :thumbs: ou shouldnt be too nervous, I beleive you guys will be in and out in a whiz, with a quick approval,

2/9/2010- Check Cashed

4/10/2010 Received AP.

4/12/10 Received EAD-

8/24/10 Received by CSC

Hey Joanna

Ok ... i see, Well get to bed early tonight. Did you rent a car? Do you have planned out how you will get to the embassy? A lot of people get their very early, I see why, but outside they sill sort you out by appointments,and call you with appointment letters to the front of the line. Y :thumbs: ou shouldnt be too nervous, I beleive you guys will be in and out in a whiz, with a quick approval,

Yes we rented a car for the month that Adrian is here...I am not very nervous yet maybe tomorrow morning...We are planning on being at the embassy around 6:30am the appointment is 7:15am....You ladys have prepared me and I know what to expect so I am ok right now...Adrian does not seem nervous either...he saw the "big" folder of paper work that brought so I think knows I have everything in order.

Timeline
Oh I forgot to tell ya'll we got our wedding bands...Adrian got a beautiful band with 5 diamonds and I got a new wedding set with new engagment ring and band...it is very nice and we got a good deal on them here in Kingston.

Ha Ha ...see y'all thought you had gotten rid of me for a couple weeks :lol: ...but I got internet and here I am :yes: ..hopefully the neighbor will let me keep the phone line over here so I can stay connected at least in the day when he is at work...he works for cable and wireless so he kinda has a hook up, I can use the internet and also he has Vonage and he lets me make calls to the states for free.

aww that is so nice of him to do!!!

i bet your rings are beautiful!!!

oh my i have butterflies for you guys..haha and it isn't even my appointment.....hahaha...i am aure you guys will do fine :thumbs: aahh i wish you all the luck!!!!

Timeline

Ok.. I knew you would be well prepared. I didnt get nervous either. I think that the hard time is to catch those who love is not so genuine, and trying to take advantage to get to the USA

OH YEAH .. I FORGOT TO TELL YOU GUYS!!!

when I was at my interveiw there was some other K1's there and I dont like to judge a book by its cover but this looked odd in the least. The couple sitting in front of me and Rohan was this very old American lady , probably in her 90's or late 80's , she was soo old she could bearly stand up, and this younger Rastah man, around his late 40 or early 50's. He had to practically hold her up to bring her to the window. and they were doing K1. They were sitting there infront of us, and he was stroking her back and neck and coming on to her, and looking loving. I think those kind of things the embassy looks closesly at.

2/9/2010- Check Cashed

4/10/2010 Received AP.

4/12/10 Received EAD-

8/24/10 Received by CSC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Good afternoon everyone,

Well we finally decided to go down to the airport to try and take care of the canceled flight...they said there was no problem that they can give him a flight to Orlando, I had to explain to them that I pay double the money just so his POE would be JFK and that he really needs to go to JFK (get temp work permit) so all they had was a flight that got into JFK 10pm and then a flight the next day to Orlando at 12:45 pm...I told them that was ok as long as they are going to pay for him a hotel room in JFK since it is thier fault the flight was canceled they said they would take care of accomodations for him. so he leaves JA May 18th and will be in Orlando May 19th...that is of course if everything goes well at the interview tomorrow.

Jill- all I can say is sorry and I feel for you...please PM

Kim - that sounds like you got touched so hopefully you will get the approval soon...like someone else said just pray that the touch was not an RFE....sending some NOA2 vibes and prayers your way.

Its funny everytime I have sat down and gotten on the internet Adrian falls asleep...I was trying to show him different things on the internet but he seemed bored with it :blink:

Until later, Joanna

Let us hear a yell from you on tomorrow! Glad you got the flight to JFK straight.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi Ladies,

Finally got caught up. Glad you know everyone had a great weekend.

Jill - I'm so sorry about your situation and you already know how I feel about it. I'm just glad you found out now instead of later. Always remember everything happens for a reason.

Joann & Adrian - Good luck w/the interview tomorrow and don't make us wait forever. :lol:

Have anyone heard from Eric???

Congrats Sharon on the NOA. :dance:

Sjb1221 - You must excited finally receiving the green card. Girl you guys make sure you celebrate!

Jamie - I don't know much but I would say to use the GPA from the courses you recently took esp since the HS ones were low.

Kim - Yea that was definietely a touch so hopefully you'll hear something soon.

I hope I didn't miss out anyone...my mind is a little slow today, heck everyday as so it seems. :D

Anna (Chicago) and Javon (Jamaica)

USCIS: I-130 Process

10/30/06 - Married to my loving husband

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

NVC: CR-1 Process

05/21/07 - NVC recv'd case (per rep @ NVC)

05/29/07 - NVC Assigned Case # (KNG2007******)

06/01/07 - Faxed change of address request to NVC

06/08/07 - NVC confirmed new address

06/18/07 - DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) & AOS (I-864) Fee Bill generated

06/23/07 - Recv'd DS-3032 & AOS Bill via snail mail

07/09/07 - Emailed DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) to NVC

07/19/07 - Mailed AOS Fee Bill ($70) to St. Louis, MO

07/19/07 - Recv'd email from NVC - Choice of Agent was accepted

07/23/07 - IV (DS-230) Fee Bill was generated

08/11/07 - Recv'd IV Fee Bill via snail mail

08/15/07 - Recv'd AOS Packet in the mail

.png

.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.