aussiewench

Yardies, at home and a farrin'

5,682 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thanks for all the well wishes for tomorrow I just pray everything goes ok...boy it is nice to have internet...we have a cord running from the next door apartment into ours so that I am able to connect on my lap top.

I have a questions, for those of you that have been to JFK airport how is it...I am looking for different flights for Adrian and the only thing I can find is one that gets into JFK 10pm and his flight to Orlando wont leave till 6am...will they let him stay in the airport??? or will they make him leave??

I firgure it will take him time to get through immigration, go get his luggage and then in the morning check in at the other airline.

Joanna

Hi Joanna-

Best of luck of your interview tomorrow. I will keep ou in my prayers!!!

I am kinda familiar with the JFK airport since I layover there sometimes myself. He is not going to have any problems staying in the airport. Only problem I see is that he will be very bored and very tired when he gets into Orlando the next morning. That is a pretty tough layover to sit in the airport all night. No place other than the floor to lay down!!! ........But.........if it is the only flight out then you gotta take it and I am sure he will be fine!!!

Best of luck and can't wait to hear how everything goes!!!!

Kim

By now Joanna & Adrian are at the Embassy.....waiting :clock: ......Good Luck to them today!! (L)

Not till tomorrow Mindy

Happy Monday Everyone!!!

Well........This is a new week for me to start waiting again..........PLEAZZZZZZ......OH PLEAZZZZ.......let the magical NOA2 arrive this week!!!!

I need some prayers...the waiting is started to stress me out!!!!!! :wacko:

Have a great day!!! (F)

Kim

Kim it will come i know it will....i have a feeling.....

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good luck tomorrow Joanna and Adrian!! ...and I hope you get the ticket sorted out. You'll have plenty of time after the interview.

Kim - sending NOA2 vibes your way ;)

Congrats Sharon!! :dance::dance:

All the best to-morrow .

Sharon

Hi Sharon! I saw in another forum your NOA2 was approved! Congratulations!!!! :dance:

Click My Timeline For Our K-1 Info

10.21.05 - Applied For SS Card (He's Not In The System Yet)

10.27.05 - Got Marriage License

11.02.05 - Received SS Card In The Mail

11.10.05 - Passed Permit Test!

NOVEMBER 18th - We're Married!

12.17.05 - Mailed AOS/EAD Papers

12.27.05 - Checks Cashed

12.29.05 - Received both NOA's in the mail (receipt dates 12.20.05)

02.17.06 - Received Biometrics Letter

02.27.06 - Got Driver's License!

03.11.06 - Biometrics Appointment

03.16.06 - EAD Approved

03.21.06 - EAD Came In The Mail

04.10.06 - Received AOS Interview Letter

06.08.06 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

06.19.06 - Green Card Received

WE'RE DONE!

08.22.06 - Elias Is Finally Here!!! Born at 1:13am, 8lbs. 15oz. and 20.5 Inches Long

November 18th, 2006 - Our Real Wedding In Negril

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Good luck tomorrow Joanna and Adrian!! ...and I hope you get the ticket sorted out. You'll have plenty of time after the interview.

All the best to-morrow .

Sharon

Hi Sharon! I saw in another forum your NOA2 was approved! Congratulations!!!! :dance:

Hey Julie how is your pregnancy going? Are you feeling good?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I am not sure what this means so I need everyones HELP!!!!!

I just went into the online status of my case on the USCIS site and I see that the "Last Update" date changed from 2/19/06 to 5/8/06.

Does that mean that my case was "touched"?? Could it mean that someone is working on my case today????

Could it mean that all your NOA2 prayers and vibes worked????

If so......YIPPY!!!!!!!! :dance::dance::dance:

Please let me know from your experience what this means??

CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE: www.embassyart.homestead.com

SEE K-1 TIME LINE IN MY PROFILE

.....INTERVIEW JULY 10, 2006-APPROVED

07/19/06-Duane flew home to the USA-FINALLY!!!!!!!

08/17/06-DUANE AND KIM GOT MARRIED

PART 2 BEGINS

09/20/06- EAD/AOS Mailed to Chicago Today..........Here we go again!!!

10/13/06- Biometric appointment-San Francisco

12/07/06- AOS Interview-San Francisco

CAUGHT IN FBI NAME CHECK DELAY

04/23/07-Received AOS Approval E-Mail

04/25/07-Received CARD Production E-mail

WAITING FOR GREEN CARD TO ARRIVE.......

Timeline

I just went into the online status of my case on the USCIS site and I see that the "Last Update" date changed from 2/19/06 to 5/8/06.

Does that mean that my case was "touched"?? Could it mean that someone is working on my case today????

Yep...I believe that would be touch! Congrats! :dance::dance:

Sending out vibes it means an approval!!!

Edited by Jme3584

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

kim i am thinkg it means it was approved.. :dance::dance:

so you should soon be getting the letter :thumbs::thumbs:

Timeline

Hey Jamie! I'm physically feeling really good - emotionally, I'm a crabby mess the past few days. I was prepared to get weepy but I never thought crabby :blush:

How is Adrian's job? Still going well?

All the best to-morrow .

Sharon

12.27.05 - Checks Cashed

03.16.06 - EAD Approved

WE'RE DONE!

08.22.06 - Elias Is Finally Here!!! Born at 1:13am, 8lbs. 15oz. and 20.5 Inches Long

Timeline

Yep...I believe that would be touch! Congrats! :dance::dance:

Sending out vibes it means an approval!!!

One step closer :thumbs: Good luck.

Timeline

Ok guys…I have a question for you. So I am planning on going back to school in the Fall. I applied and was admitted for the Fall quarter and I will be registering for classes in July. I sent out my FAFSA in Feb. and should hear what they will award me with in June. So someone recommended to me that I apply for some scholarships. I am looking into doing that but it seems that all scholarship applications ask for your GPA. It is usally required. Should I use my Highschool GPA from 6 years ago (which is pretty low unfortunatley) or since I have taken some nursing courses and 5 business classes in the evenings over the last 2 years should I use that GPA (which is a 4.0)? Which one should I use? The GPA from the recent courses are more a reflection of where I am in my life and what kind of work I can do…yet it wasn't full time coursework like highschool. What do you all think?

Thanks!

Jamie :star:

kim i am thinkg it means it was approved.. :dance::dance:

so you should soon be getting the letter :thumbs::thumbs:

While we all hope it means she is approved it could very well be an RFE...you never know! Hopefully that isn't what it is but a touch doesn't mean an approval :no:

All the best to-morrow .

Sharon

Hey Jamie! I'm physically feeling really good - emotionally, I'm a crabby mess the past few days. I was prepared to get weepy but I never thought crabby :blush:

Well at least you have a good excuse to be crabby...I wish I had a good excuse sometimes :blush:

Andre is doing well...he got overtime last week so that was exciting for him. He like the people and so far they are all treating him well...thanks for asking :yes:

Edited by Jme3584

Timeline

Now I'm annoyed at myself! I really meant Andre :blush::D

All the best to-morrow .

Sharon

When does he get his first paycheck? Now that is a moment I wish I had a camera out for.

Well at least you have a good excuse to be crabby...I wish I had a good excuse sometimes :blush:

Andre is doing well...he got overtime last week so that was exciting for him. He like the people and so far they are all treating him well...thanks for asking :yes:

Edited by Sbys

12.27.05 - Checks Cashed

03.16.06 - EAD Approved

WE'RE DONE!

Timeline

I am not sure when he will get his paycheck. I know they pay every 2 weeks so I assume it will be the 1st and the 15th. I hope I have the camera out. He can't stop talking about all the things he wants to get with his paycheck. I had to VERY kindly remind him that there were bills to be paid and that just like my check goes to the bills his will too. He knew that...just got carried away. I know we will be spending a good part of his first check on things he wants and needs ;) and some fun stuff...but I don't want to make it a habit :no:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi Ladies…

I want to say that all of you had made my journey a very pleasant, humorous and peaceful one. However, I just want to say that God was surely watching over me when Kirk got his denial last April. As hard as it has been to understand why, I now know the reason. Kirk was not 100% honest with me and was in at least 1 additional relationship. I have always been speculating but it has now been confirmed. It is very disturbing how twisted his mind is and how he is able to manipulate my mind in to believing that I am wrong. I am hurt, sad, and angry. But I know I will be okay. I always am. I wish you all the best. I consider many of you good friends of mind. I just needed to get this off my chest and tell people who would understand being in a LDR with a Jamaican. Most of my friends here would have a “I told ya so” attitude. Thanks ladies. I love you all. (F)

Timeline
Hi Ladies…

I want to say that all of you had made my journey a very pleasant, humorous and peaceful one. However, I just want to say that God was surely watching over me when Kirk got his denial last April. As hard as it has been to understand why, I now know the reason. Kirk was not 100% honest with me and was in at least 1 additional relationship. I have always been speculating but it has now been confirmed. It is very disturbing how twisted his mind is and how he is able to manipulate my mind in to believing that I am wrong. I am hurt, sad, and angry. But I know I will be okay. I always am. I wish you all the best. I consider many of you good friends of mind. I just needed to get this off my chest and tell people who would understand being in a LDR with a Jamaican. Most of my friends here would have a “I told ya so” attitude. Thanks ladies. I love you all. (F)

(((Jill))) I am sorry that you were manipulated the way you were. You are a wonderful person and you deserve only the best. I am glad that you are doing ok with the situation and that you feel comfortable with us all to share. My heart goes out to you and if you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask. Things happen that we don't have control over and you will never get an "I told ya so" from us. We are all human. I hope you will stay around. You are a great part of our wonderful family. I pray God will keep you through this hard time. Remember to lean on Him.

Much Love (L)

Edited by Jme3584

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.