• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Joanna and Adrian all the best on your interview tomorrow :thumbs:

HELLO FROM JAMAICA!!!

Adrian applied for the No impediment and paid for express service over 2 weeks ago and we finally got it today.

Things were going well with us till tonight we went to his aunts house and I used her computer to check my e-mail and there was an e-mail from expedia about his flight on May 18th...I called my mom to ask her to call them and find out what was going on, she called back to say that his flight was cancelled..I am so stressed right now...Adrian didnt have any credit on his phone so the neighbor next door let me use his phone to call and I was on hold forever with expedia, till I finally hung up...I have my laptop with me and the neighbor ran internet over to our apartment so at least I have internet and can start searching for flights...I am going to call expedia again tomorrow and see about trying to get another flight for him...they said they could give him a flight to Orlando, but we really want him to go through JFK and then to Orlando.

I will log in tomorrow and catch up on some reading...just wanted to drop in and say hello...Adrian is asleep next to me on the couch right now.

Joanna

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: Timeline

Good morning, I hope everyone enjoyed their weekend.

Was anyone's SO able to successfully get a visitor's visa? Jill I know from your signature that Lake was able to get one. Was it difficult for him to prove his ties to his homeland? I know he's not Jamaican but I would assume that it would not have been easy for him?

Michele

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
HELLO FROM JAMAICA!!!

Adrian is asleep next to me on the couch right now.

Joanna

Joanna,

I'll bet finally being able to have him sleeping -_- right next to you makes this tedious process worth all the effort (L) . All the best on the interview tomorrow.

Lee

July 4, 2006: Married

October 7, 2006: AOS Packet mailed to Chicago Lockbox via FedEx (I-485, I-130, I-765)

October 10, 2006: Package reived in Chicago

October 23, 2006: Checks cashed

November 1, 2006: I-130 and I-765 touched

November 2, 2006: I-485 touched--email notification about RFE letter on the way.

December 2006: Biometrics

January 2007: EAD Card

July 10, 2007 @ 9 a.m.--AOS Interview in West Palm Beach, FL...APPROVED!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

OMG!!! I keep getting this vision of you Shauna in your beautiful pink beaded dress and me in my little white traditional wedding gown doin the "Dutty Wine" at my reception......With the full version playing in front of all my co-workers and family friends......."F...ing" on the water....."F..ing" on the sea.........."F...ing"on the bushes......."F...ing on the tree????. :unsure:

The hotel might kick us out and Duane and Mike will pretend they don't know us!!!! Histerical!!! I needed a good laugh!! :D

:P ...i know mike would just keep on walking and walk right out the door!!!!! :lol::lol:

it will be sssoo much fun!!! i am so excited!!!!!

i needed a good laugh too!!! :thumbs:

i have a had a LONG day at work...the kids were up at 6 am and didn't take much of a morning nap then we had to go to the grocery store....what fun...this kids(they just turned 16months today) stole a bag of M&M's haha...because we have the little carts that have a car attached to the front of it and you can put the kids in that well they must have taken a bag and put it with them and when i was taking them out i found it...hahah it was too funny...now i am trying to get them to take a quick power nap but i don't think it is going to happen :wacko:

All the best to-morrow .

Sharon

By now Joanna & Adrian are at the Embassy.....waiting :clock: ......Good Luck to them today!! (L)

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Thanks for all the well wishes for tomorrow I just pray everything goes ok...boy it is nice to have internet...we have a cord running from the next door apartment into ours so that I am able to connect on my lap top.

I have a questions, for those of you that have been to JFK airport how is it...I am looking for different flights for Adrian and the only thing I can find is one that gets into JFK 10pm and his flight to Orlando wont leave till 6am...will they let him stay in the airport??? or will they make him leave??

I firgure it will take him time to get through immigration, go get his luggage and then in the morning check in at the other airline.

Joanna

By now Joanna & Adrian are at the Embassy.....waiting :clock: ......Good Luck to them today!! (L)

Not till tomorrow Mindy

10/25/2005 - I-129F packet mailed to TSC

11/03/2005 - NOA 1 from CSC

11/07/2005 - Check cashed

02/03/2006 - NOA2 by e-mail

05/03/2006 - Leave for Jamaica

05/09/2006 - Interview "VISA APPROVED"

05/15/2006 - Return from Jamaica

05/22/2006 - Called off the wedding and Adrian left

Damien finally received his green card :dance::dance: It's about time.

Nice dress Shauna.

Going to celebrate............. :devil:

:dance::dance::dance::dance: it's about time!! Congrats!!!

Thank you ladies.

My daughter will visiting her great grandmother in North Carolina on Mothers Day. And Damien will probably have to work....being home with peace and quiet is good enough for me.

Staying home in peace and quiet sounds so good, I am still debating what to do on Sunday. I am going to take my son to the Prospect Park zzoo nad Botanical Gardens on Saturday, hopefully I get to meet a new friend. But I dont know what to do with my mom.

Squito and I took his nephews to prospect park yesterday. the weather this weekend was wonderful :yes:

Damien finally received his green card :dance::dance: It's about time.

:dance::dance: Congrats!! :dance::dance:

Everyone have a great Sunday! We are having such a beautiful day in Connecticut today.

Squito and I will be in town next weekend, maybe we can chill :thumbs:

HELLO FROM JAMAICA!!!

Adrian applied for the No impediment and paid for express service over 2 weeks ago and we finally got it today.

Things were going well with us till tonight we went to his aunts house and I used her computer to check my e-mail and there was an e-mail from expedia about his flight on May 18th...I called my mom to ask her to call them and find out what was going on, she called back to say that his flight was cancelled..I am so stressed right now...Adrian didnt have any credit on his phone so the neighbor next door let me use his phone to call and I was on hold forever with expedia, till I finally hung up...I have my laptop with me and the neighbor ran internet over to our apartment so at least I have internet and can start searching for flights...I am going to call expedia again tomorrow and see about trying to get another flight for him...they said they could give him a flight to Orlando, but we really want him to go through JFK and then to Orlando.

I will log in tomorrow and catch up on some reading...just wanted to drop in and say hello...Adrian is asleep next to me on the couch right now.

Joanna

oh my, sorry to hear of the expedia dilemma. Glad you have your laptop though so you can keep us all informed. no worries hon, everything will work itself out...

Best wishes to Joanna and Adrian on their interview tomorrow!!

Michele

ditto, we'll be sending up prayers for you two!!!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good mornign Ladies,

Good luck on your interveiw tomorrow and I am so sorry to hear about the flight, things will work out in the end.

Unitl later, gotta get back to work.

I do not wish to share any information about this dead end journey.........I have reached my final destination on this train, and it is time for me to get off.

THIS TOO SHALL PASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"If marriage means you fell in love, does divorce mean you climbed out?"

"You never really know a man until you have divorced him."-Zsa Zsa Gabor

"When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favour in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her: then let him write her a bill of divorcement, and give it in her hand, and send her out of his house. And when she is departed out of his house, she may go and be another man's wife." Deuteronomy 24:1-2

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us." - Helen Keller

"Even though you may want to move forward in your life, you may have one foot on the brakes. In order to be free, we must learn how to let go. Release the hurt. Release the fear. Refuse to entertain your old pain. The energy it takes to hang onto the past is holding you back from a new life. What is it you would let go of today?" - Mary Manin Morrissey

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Theresa

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Quick question --has anyone (the men) gone and applied for the Police Certificate to get it in ONE day (or actually that same day)?? If so, does anyone know the cost?

Thanks!

Kelly

Hey Kelly. Damien got his in one day and someone else on here, can't remember who. It was $40, I believe.

Filed: Country: Guyana
Timeline

Was anyone's SO able to successfully get a visitor's visa? Jill I know from your signature that Lake was able to get one. Was it difficult for him to prove his ties to his homeland? I know he's not Jamaican but I would assume that it would not have been easy for him?

Michele

Oh, Michelle, from what I hear, its almost impossible to get a visitors visa, at least in Guyana. It may even be more difficult than Jamaica from what I hear. He had tried I think twice before and was not able to get one. The ONLY reason he was able to, is because his job, thru the cruise ship would write some sort of letter after a couple years of working there, to help assist them get a tourist visa. He also had to borrow a large amount of money to show that he had adequate funds, I think they wanted over $5,000 in an account in his name. Of course he didnt have that, but his family all pitched in and opened an account for him in his name to show the embassy/consulate. They actually gave him more than that, just to make sure he would get to go, and then he wired it all back to them once he got approval. He didnt have too many ties other than the two children there.

Perhaps if they have someone here to write a letter for them, that would make a difference tho.

His father has tried unsuccessfully over 20 times, but he did have a one day overstay here 26 years ago, and has never been able to get one again.

Timeline

May 15th Lake arrived NYC on tourist visa

6-15-05 Flew NCY to "fetch" Lake for visit here

8-17-05 He Proposed!

8-24-05 MARRIED!

9- 1-05 - SENT AOS, EAD, AP, & ETC

9-12-05 NOA1 - FOR I-130, I-145, & AP, EAD

10-5-05 RFE for Birth C. & medical

10-24-05 GOT LEARNERS PERMIT

11-3-05 DRIVERS LICENSE :)

11-16-05 overnited RFE

11-17-05 Rcvd NOA2 for EAD, bio set for 12-5-05

11-25-05 Recvd AOS bio letter, apptmt for 12-14-05

12-5-05 Biometrics (they did BOTH!)

Infopass, got temp EAD, AP no luck

12-6-05 Applied for SSN, not in system

12-10-05 AP finally arrives!

12-11-05 1 year EAD card!

12-23-05 Interview letter arrives! 3-3-06

1-17-06 SSN arrives!!

3-3-06 Interview-APPROVED! Passport stamped :)

3-14-06 Green card arrives!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Thanks for all the well wishes for tomorrow I just pray everything goes ok...boy it is nice to have internet...we have a cord running from the next door apartment into ours so that I am able to connect on my lap top.

I have a questions, for those of you that have been to JFK airport how is it...I am looking for different flights for Adrian and the only thing I can find is one that gets into JFK 10pm and his flight to Orlando wont leave till 6am...will they let him stay in the airport??? or will they make him leave??

I firgure it will take him time to get through immigration, go get his luggage and then in the morning check in at the other airline.

Joanna

Hi Joanna-

Best of luck of your interview tomorrow. I will keep ou in my prayers!!!

I am kinda familiar with the JFK airport since I layover there sometimes myself. He is not going to have any problems staying in the airport. Only problem I see is that he will be very bored and very tired when he gets into Orlando the next morning. That is a pretty tough layover to sit in the airport all night. No place other than the floor to lay down!!! ........But.........if it is the only flight out then you gotta take it and I am sure he will be fine!!!

Best of luck and can't wait to hear how everything goes!!!!

Kim

Not till tomorrow Mindy

Happy Monday Everyone!!!

Well........This is a new week for me to start waiting again..........PLEAZZZZZZ......OH PLEAZZZZ.......let the magical NOA2 arrive this week!!!!

I need some prayers...the waiting is started to stress me out!!!!!! :wacko:

Have a great day!!! (F)

Kim

CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE: www.embassyart.homestead.com

SEE K-1 TIME LINE IN MY PROFILE

.....INTERVIEW JULY 10, 2006-APPROVED

07/19/06-Duane flew home to the USA-FINALLY!!!!!!!

08/17/06-DUANE AND KIM GOT MARRIED

PART 2 BEGINS

09/20/06- EAD/AOS Mailed to Chicago Today..........Here we go again!!!

10/13/06- Biometric appointment-San Francisco

12/07/06- AOS Interview-San Francisco

CAUGHT IN FBI NAME CHECK DELAY

04/23/07-Received AOS Approval E-Mail

04/25/07-Received CARD Production E-mail

WAITING FOR GREEN CARD TO ARRIVE.......

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
HELLO FROM JAMAICA!!!

Joanna

(((Joanna))) Sorry to hear about your expedia problem. I know it will all get sorted out fine :yes:

GOOD LUCK TOMORROW! :thumbs:

Good Monday Morning everyone! (F)

Michele

I know many people that have tried over and over again from JA that have never gotten through. It is IMPOSSIBLE to get (or so it seems)

I know a woman whos sister lives in Seattle who applied for a tourist visa...she was in her mid 30's, was a teacher at the same school for 9 years, owned a car, owned land, and had a pretty nice savings. She has applied 4+ times and been denied everytime. I think part of the reason is because she was unmarried. I don't know one person that has been able to get a tourist visa from JA in the last 10+ years. I am sure some have but they are few and far between.

Edited by Jme3584

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.