aussiewench

Yardies, at home and a farrin'

5,682 posts in this topic

[New discussion topic:

NAME ONE THING THAT YOU REALLY LOVE ABOUT YOUR MAN

I love Tony's sense of humor. He always makes me laugh :lol: I also love how he helps out around the house - cleaning, laundry, chores, etc..(usually) without even being asked :innocent: I also love how he tries really hard to get along with my family and helps my parents with things without complaining or anything (L)

How has the adjustment been for your husband? PLEAZZZZZ Help!! I am worried that he will get homesick and want to return....I am looking into GED classes for him and also a Seventh Day Adventist church home.......Not too sure what else I can find to help with the adjustment period........

Yes, he will get homesick no matter what you do :yes: Just as you would get homesick if you were to leave all your friends, family, job, etc.. I know my husband went through a depressed stage where he couldn't work yet, couldn't drive anywhere (no license and no car) and just felt like he couldn't contribute. Things we did to help: we find a Jamaican/Caribbean store about 20 min. away and stocked up on Jamaican food items. Tony brought back a bunch of reggae CD's with him that are kinda rare and he figured he couldn't find them here. We brought back Jamaican Rum :lol: So he had his food, his music, and his rum. I made sure he always had a phone card so he could call family & friends when he wanted to.

These are just some ideas to make the transition easier. I was also lucky enough to meet a wonderful friend right here on Visajourney who lives nearby me and also married a Jamaican guy :luv: So now the 4 of us are friends and we get together about once a month to hang out and the guys can chat in Patois :P

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

It is beautiful-so are you gonna do a tiara or a small viel?

Tiara all the way...it is my day to be the princess that i always want to be...hahaha :lol:

:thumbs::thumbs::yes::yes::yes: -I can just imagine you will be beautiful.

I was just on Shaunna's page-OMG-Dutty Wine is a very vulger song I had to turn off the volume when my son was coming in the room.

I love your page on myspace but that song is something else, I can just imagine the dance.

hahaha thanks....they song is uumm interesting...haha...i have a video of a guy dancing to it...he isn't that great but...it is funny watching him dancing to it...you should watch it...haha

Shauna

I was cracking up watching the semi-video here http://youtube.com/watch?v=InLh8htZTZY&search=dutty that is something I coulda sworn she was gonna spin off her head :o:lol:

OH MY...hahaha...i was telling mike about watching the people dance to it...and he was like i don't want you to try to do it...and i said WHY??? and he said cause some girl from the states was doing it and she like almost broke her neck...so don't try it..haha he is too funny sometimes...

So...what are the things you DONT like about your man???? :lol:

Another interesting topic! :lol: My man is very stubborn. When he thinks he's right, there is no talking any sense into him, even if he's wrong! He also doesn't like to discuss emotions very much, but I'm beginning to think that is a "man" thing. He also smokes :( which he knows I hate and he promised to quit, but he still smokes though not as much as he used to. I'm sure I'll think of more :P

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

34z0pck.jpg

Wow! I just finished catching up on everything. Now I have to check out the websites ya'll are talking about so I can see what the hell Dutty Wine is all about??? :lol: I'm sure Tony knows but I haven't had a chance to ask him yet.

I've got about 2 1/2 hours left at work then I have tomorrow off :) Thank God.

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

34z0pck.jpg

Timeline

:lol:

Tiara all the way...it is my day to be the princess that i always want to be...hahaha :lol:

I was just on Shaunna's page-OMG-Dutty Wine is a very vulger song I had to turn off the volume when my son was coming in the room.

I love your page on myspace but that song is something else, I can just imagine the dance.

hahaha thanks....they song is uumm interesting...haha...i have a video of a guy dancing to it...he isn't that great but...it is funny watching him dancing to it...you should watch it...haha

Shauna

I was cracking up watching the semi-video here http://youtube.com/watch?v=InLh8htZTZY&search=dutty that is something I coulda sworn she was gonna spin off her head :o:lol:

OH MY...hahaha...i was telling mike about watching the people dance to it...and he was like i don't want you to try to do it...and i said WHY??? and he said cause some girl from the states was doing it and she like almost broke her neck...so don't try it..haha he is too funny sometimes...

:lol::lol:, I just tried it and now my neck is hurting

I just have to share this A GUY doing Dutty wine even my son was laughing

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

So Mother's Day is coming up, any plans?

I do not wish to share any information about this dead end journey.........I have reached my final destination on this train, and it is time for me to get off.

THIS TOO SHALL PASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"If marriage means you fell in love, does divorce mean you climbed out?"

"You never really know a man until you have divorced him."-Zsa Zsa Gabor

"When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favour in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her: then let him write her a bill of divorcement, and give it in her hand, and send her out of his house. And when she is departed out of his house, she may go and be another man's wife." Deuteronomy 24:1-2

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us." - Helen Keller

"Even though you may want to move forward in your life, you may have one foot on the brakes. In order to be free, we must learn how to let go. Release the hurt. Release the fear. Refuse to entertain your old pain. The energy it takes to hang onto the past is holding you back from a new life. What is it you would let go of today?" - Mary Manin Morrissey

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Theresa

Timeline

:lol:

Shauna

:lol::lol:, I just tried it and now my neck is hurting

I just have to share this A GUY doing Dutty wine even my son was laughing

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

So Mother's Day is coming up, any plans?

i guess that is why mike told me not to do it...cause i would end up in the ER :yes::yes::yes:

as far as mother's day plans..... i have to work...taking care of someone else children...

Damien finally received his green card :dance::dance: It's about time.

Nice dress Shauna.

Going to celebrate............. :devil:

That is great!! :dance:

Timeline

Nice dress Shauna.

Congrats to Damien, I am hapy for you guys.

I do not wish to share any information about this dead end journey.........I have reached my final destination on this train, and it is time for me to get off.

"When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favour in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her: then let him write her a bill of divorcement, and give it in her hand, and send her out of his house. And when she is departed out of his house, she may go and be another man's wife." Deuteronomy 24:1-2

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us." - Helen Keller

"Even though you may want to move forward in your life, you may have one foot on the brakes. In order to be free, we must learn how to let go. Release the hurt. Release the fear. Refuse to entertain your old pain. The energy it takes to hang onto the past is holding you back from a new life. What is it you would let go of today?" - Mary Manin Morrissey

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Theresa

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thank you ladies.

My daughter will visiting her great grandmother in North Carolina on Mothers Day. And Damien will probably have to work....being home with peace and quiet is good enough for me.

Timeline
Thank you ladies.

My daughter will visiting her great grandmother in North Carolina on Mothers Day. And Damien will probably have to work....being home with peace and quiet is good enough for me.

Staying home in peace and quiet sounds so good, I am still debating what to do on Sunday. I am going to take my son to the Prospect Park zzoo nad Botanical Gardens on Saturday, hopefully I get to meet a new friend. But I dont know what to do with my mom.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

CONGRATS Damien!!!

Lee

July 4, 2006: Married

October 7, 2006: AOS Packet mailed to Chicago Lockbox via FedEx (I-485, I-130, I-765)

October 10, 2006: Package reived in Chicago

October 23, 2006: Checks cashed

November 1, 2006: I-130 and I-765 touched

November 2, 2006: I-485 touched--email notification about RFE letter on the way.

December 2006: Biometrics

January 2007: EAD Card

July 10, 2007 @ 9 a.m.--AOS Interview in West Palm Beach, FL...APPROVED!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Damien Congrats on the Green Card! :D

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Nice dress Shauna.

CONGRATULATIONS!!! :dance::dance::dance: It's about time :yes:

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

34z0pck.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.