aussiewench

Yardies, at home and a farrin'

5,682 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Do you remember the song from a while back with the words...Wine Gyal, wine gyal, wine like a gypsy? I don't remember who it is by (elephant man?) but that was my first introduction into the world of wining. Just imagine a poor naive white girl asking a huge group of JA guys..."why are they talking about whining? Why would you want someone who is a whiner?" After laughing for about 20 minutes they finally gave me the answer. Then I got the lessons :lol::lol: Every honorary Jamaican has to know how to wine :thumbs::lol:

LOL!

When I first saw your pic, I knew that you had some freak in you

:lol::lol:

Just playin with you :star:

SHHHHH!!!! Don't tell my mama!

LOL :D

So you can see my freakiness just by looking...I am going to have to work on that :whistle::lol:

YOU HAVE ME IN TEARS OVER HERE :lol::lol::lol:

So since the day they taught you, how do you rate your wine now?

Hmmmmm.....

Well in public I would say you could tell I know what I am doing...but I can be kinda shy :blush:

Now in private...I am the dancehall queen :D I have moves the world just ain't ready for :lol::lol:

Show them moves! Nuff white girl enter dancehall competition :thumbs:

I'm not the one to be all in the videolight, however when it comes to the dancehall I am not shy in the least. But like I said, all that winin an brukout makes my hair sweat out (and I don't have a relaxer, just flatiron). Now that I'm married, would it be indecent to go out an wine still?

I am wondering the same thing. Especially when we go back to JA and get our party on...what are the new married rules?

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Timeline
i guess i'm blessed to live in flatbush, it's like little jamaica...we have no problems finding yard products

That would be such a blessing. We live nowhere near anything JA. We even took a trip down to Seattle and couldn't find anything and asked some Seattle people on JA.com and they themselves ordered online. So it is the only way for us. We have a lot of Hispanic and East Indian stores around so we can find similar stuff to substitute but it isn't the same. As soon as Andre has his GC we are going to head up to Vancouver BC and see if we can find anything there.

back to work :(:(:(

what kind of work do you do?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

NEW DISCUSSION QUESTION!

I am wondering the same thing. Especially when we go back to JA and get our party on...what are the new married rules?

Personally, I love dancing and music so it would be hard for me to go back to Jamaica and not go out...but if I have to choose between my husband and party then there is no thinking about my decision (partying! JUST KIDDING :lol:)

How do the rest of you feel about the question?

Edited by Jonesie

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Filed: Timeline
Do you remember the song from a while back with the words...Wine Gyal, wine gyal, wine like a gypsy? I don't remember who it is by (elephant man?) but that was my first introduction into the world of wining. Just imagine a poor naive white girl asking a huge group of JA guys..."why are they talking about whining? Why would you want someone who is a whiner?" After laughing for about 20 minutes they finally gave me the answer. Then I got the lessons :lol::lol: Every honorary Jamaican has to know how to wine :thumbs::lol:

LOL!

When I first saw your pic, I knew that you had some freak in you

:lol::lol:

Just playin with you :star:

SHHHHH!!!! Don't tell my mama!

LOL :D

So you can see my freakiness just by looking...I am going to have to work on that :whistle::lol:

Hey Squitto...how is the new job?

it's going GREAT so far!! They welcomed me on Monday morning with huge bo-k of flowers!!

I work with a great group and there's a lot of room for advancement. People never seem to want to leave here. One lady in my dept's been with the company for 30 years!!! My boss is out today so it's kinda slow. TGIF. Thanks for asking....(oh and that's the egyptian dance, by ele)

I'm not the one to be all in the videolight, however when it comes to the dancehall I am not shy in the least. But like I said, all that winin an brukout makes my hair sweat out (and I don't have a relaxer, just flatiron). Now that I'm married, would it be indecent to go out an wine still?

I asked Squito. He says as long as di video man nah guh unda yuh frock gwaan wine gal :lol::lol::lol:

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline

MORRIS AND DANIKA WERE APPROVED!!! Yeah yeah Oneils brother is coming up....were so happy for them and us!! :dance:

9/06/05 I-129F sent to Nebraska

01/27/06 Received VISA!!

01/28/06 Flew home to MSP!! (POE)

(To see details go to Our Story)

4/24/06 Mailed AOS package to Chicago

5/4/06 EAD Check Cashed

5/9/06 AOS Check Cashed!!!

6/30/06 Work Permit should have been here but mailman sent it back on accident.

9/07/06 InfoPass appointment to expedite new Work Permit and Fingerprints.

09/09/06 Fingerprints

10/01/06 EAD arrives

12/6/06 AOS Interview!! Done for 2 years.

10/22/08 Received I-751

10/24/08 Cashed check

10/29/08 Received NOA1

06/01/09 Permanent Green Card received and conditions Removed

WE ARE DONE!

Filed: Timeline
NEW DISCUSSION QUESTION!

Personally, I love dancing and music so it would be hard for me to go back to Jamaica and not go out...but if I have to choose between my husband and party then there is no thinking about my decision (partying! JUST KIDDING :lol:)

party together!! :yes:

Timeline
MORRIS AND DANIKA WERE APPROVED!!! Yeah yeah Oneils brother is coming up....were so happy for them and us!! :dance:

CONGRATS :dance:

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

K-1 and AOS

-----------

Live your life!

Timeline

NEW DISCUSSION QUESTION!

Some men feel that once they marry a woman, all those things should cease.

K-1 and AOS

-----------

Live your life!

Filed: Country: Guyana
Timeline

didnt one of you say you use that Sams marketplace to also order products for one of the family's back home?

I will sure be glad when they get something like that set up for my hubby's family. He is so worried bout his kids and their mom as well. She is close to having a nervous breakdown, her mom (kids gramma) used to live with them,l and help with the kids and finances. Well, her brother and his wife moved to Trinidad, so her mom now has went to stay with THEIR kids and look after them, while brother is trying to make more money in Trinidad. (Or mebbe its Barbados, heck if I know). Anyhow, she DID have the kids gramma to assist, and now she is doing it on her own. Lord knows, she has two grown sons that dont send her money at all, now WHATS UP with that??? But she is in a bad section of town, two young sons, and its just her and them. So it really doesnt sound too good. Now she is afraid Lake will send for the kids and she wont have anyone! Apparently she has REAL mixed feelings about it, hope she doesnt do like Dave's kids mama! I DO feel for her tho, I am sure she probably thought Lake would come home one day and marry her, cuz they had a real long relationship and of course two children together. Sigh...

I teeter back an forth of being jealous and feeling for her. I am sure she cried her heart out when he told her, I asked when he came home and he just gave me a look, like I Just cant go into it, ya know? He hates to see women emotional. He cries when I cry if its a bad spell and he thinks he caused it, so I am sure it ripped his heart out when he had to tell her. The kids wrote him an email and wondered if he could get some eye cream cuz she has black circles under eyes and its too expensive for her to buy. She doesnt even know they are writing/emailing him, so it kinda broke my heart to hear that. Lake says she has been a very good mother, no complaints there, so right now..my sympathies are with her.

Edited by thndrdancr

Timeline

May 15th Lake arrived NYC on tourist visa

6-15-05 Flew NCY to "fetch" Lake for visit here

8-17-05 He Proposed!

8-24-05 MARRIED!

9- 1-05 - SENT AOS, EAD, AP, & ETC

9-12-05 NOA1 - FOR I-130, I-145, & AP, EAD

10-5-05 RFE for Birth C. & medical

10-24-05 GOT LEARNERS PERMIT

11-3-05 DRIVERS LICENSE :)

11-16-05 overnited RFE

11-17-05 Rcvd NOA2 for EAD, bio set for 12-5-05

11-25-05 Recvd AOS bio letter, apptmt for 12-14-05

12-5-05 Biometrics (they did BOTH!)

Infopass, got temp EAD, AP no luck

12-6-05 Applied for SSN, not in system

12-10-05 AP finally arrives!

12-11-05 1 year EAD card!

12-23-05 Interview letter arrives! 3-3-06

1-17-06 SSN arrives!!

3-3-06 Interview-APPROVED! Passport stamped :)

3-14-06 Green card arrives!

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thanks everybody!!! Everyone is so happy.

9/06/05 I-129F sent to Nebraska

01/27/06 Received VISA!!

01/28/06 Flew home to MSP!! (POE)

(To see details go to Our Story)

4/24/06 Mailed AOS package to Chicago

5/4/06 EAD Check Cashed

5/9/06 AOS Check Cashed!!!

6/30/06 Work Permit should have been here but mailman sent it back on accident.

9/07/06 InfoPass appointment to expedite new Work Permit and Fingerprints.

09/09/06 Fingerprints

10/01/06 EAD arrives

12/6/06 AOS Interview!! Done for 2 years.

10/22/08 Received I-751

10/24/08 Cashed check

10/29/08 Received NOA1

06/01/09 Permanent Green Card received and conditions Removed

WE ARE DONE!

Timeline

NEW DISCUSSION QUESTION!

You guys are crackin' me up :lol:. Damien and I go out together on a regular basis.

Congrats for the approval.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good Morning Ladies,

Hope every one has a beautiful and blessed day. It is a wonderful sunny day here in NYC.

it's soooooooooooooooo nice outside isn't it!! i love it :dance::dance::dance:

where in nyc are you? we should meet up!

Well ever since we got HypeTV we have been updating our dance moves to the latest and greatest. Some dances though should be used for private in home "shows" only :lol:

I bet you two put those moves to some *ahem* creative use :lol:;)

Gonna check out Sams - some of the sites are rip off but since you've used them I'll see what I can surprise D with, and get Moms some more spices an things.

The thing I really like is that they are a real store in NY and they have all their contact info (which I have used) so it is pretty safe. I was real weary of ordering from a strictly online store...you never know. Sams accidently double charged my debit card once...they called right away to tell me and fixed the problem that same day. It was very nice of them to call and let me know whats up. Overall I am very impressed with their service and their prices seem pretty good.

i guess i'm blessed to live in flatbush, it's like little jamaica...we have no problems finding yard products

Hi Mrs. Squito, I am currently on the west side 23rd Street Between Lexington and Park. Where in da 'Bush are you? I use to live there a few years back. I just moved to Harlem about 3 years now.

Can you believe it May an dit is already 80 degress. I can't wait for July. :dance:

I do not wish to share any information about this dead end journey.........I have reached my final destination on this train, and it is time for me to get off.

THIS TOO SHALL PASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"If marriage means you fell in love, does divorce mean you climbed out?"

"You never really know a man until you have divorced him."-Zsa Zsa Gabor

"When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favour in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her: then let him write her a bill of divorcement, and give it in her hand, and send her out of his house. And when she is departed out of his house, she may go and be another man's wife." Deuteronomy 24:1-2

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us." - Helen Keller

"Even though you may want to move forward in your life, you may have one foot on the brakes. In order to be free, we must learn how to let go. Release the hurt. Release the fear. Refuse to entertain your old pain. The energy it takes to hang onto the past is holding you back from a new life. What is it you would let go of today?" - Mary Manin Morrissey

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Theresa

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.