aussiewench

Yardies, at home and a farrin'

5,682 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Happy Friday, everyone!! :dance: Okay, funny Friday story....

Roy was mowing the lawn last night with our new mower from Wal-Mart. I swear, he wasn't out there more than five minutes and the back wheel fell off. Of course, I had to go out and fix it <after he dug through the grass for the bolt that fell off>......:lol: Then, he gets to the backyard and proceeds to mow over an indoor/outdoor rug I had laying on the concrete...why? Because he could, of course. He gets the rug untangled from the blades, turns the mower back on and a TON of white smoke starts coming out the side. And to think, this is what he did for a living in Jamaica :whistle:

Where did you say Roy is from? I swear him and Andre MUST be related :lol::lol::lol:

I will post a picture of our "so far from perfect fence that we have been working on for over 2 months now when it was suppose to be a weekend project" as soon as it is finished :whistle:;)

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good morning and happy Friday

Question for all of you that listen to dancehall:

How you feel about Matterhorn's "Dutty Wine" song and the dance?

(if you have no idea what I'm talking about, go to www.youtube.com and type DUTTY WINE in the searchbox)

Squitto, you do the Dutty Wine? :P

Look how long people a do di dutty whine!! :lol::lol::lol: mi hear seh two gal a town bruk off dem neck a try do di dance hahahaha

yeah i've done it, but it makes my neck hurt and makes me dizzy..i think it's a cute dance tho when done the right way

I've always been a tony matterhorn fan. the song is mad vulgar tho, my mom heard it the other day when we my sister and i were playing it and dancing around in her kitchen, she was like :angry: she yelled at us and told us to turn it off hahahaha

(if you have no idea what I'm talking about, go to www.youtube.com and type DUTTY WINE in the searchbox)

Let's just say I am learning :whistle::whistle::whistle:

:lol::thumbs:

I just spit out my water picturing you doing the dutty whine :lol::lol::lol::lol: hilarious!!!

I knew of the dance from wayyy last year, but I guess it's now gettin big here in the States. I like Matterhorn too. The beginning lyrics are aiight, but toward the middle it's alllllllll bad. LMAO @ Moms! I bet Jamie can work the wine - Andre know what's up :devil:

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Timeline

Look how long people a do di dutty whine!! :lol::lol::lol: mi hear seh two gal a town bruk off dem neck a try do di dance hahahaha

yeah i've done it, but it makes my neck hurt and makes me dizzy..i think it's a cute dance tho when done the right way

I've always been a tony matterhorn fan. the song is mad vulgar tho, my mom heard it the other day when we my sister and i were playing it and dancing around in her kitchen, she was like :angry: she yelled at us and told us to turn it off hahahaha

Let's just say I am learning :whistle::whistle::whistle:

:lol::thumbs:

I just spit out my water picturing you doing the dutty whine :lol::lol::lol::lol: hilarious!!!

I knew of the dance from wayyy last year, but I guess it's now gettin big here in the States. I like Matterhorn too. The beginning lyrics are aiight, but toward the middle it's alllllllll bad. LMAO @ Moms! I bet Jamie can work the wine - Andre know what's up :devil:

Well ever since we got HypeTV we have been updating our dance moves to the latest and greatest. Some dances though should be used for private in home "shows" only :lol:

Good Morning Ladies (L)

Just got this in my email and wanted to share. The 20% off should cover your shipping costs so it sounds like a pretty good deal. The coupon number is universal and can be used over and over by anyone so if you know anyone that could benefit please pass this on. I have used them 3-4 times and they have been pretty good and the food is always great :thumbs:

Dear Jamie,

We thought you would be interested in hearing about our fabulous Mother's Day Promotion.

You don't have to be a mother to save 20% on all your purchases at our online store: www.sams247.com.

Just spend over $19.99, and use our coupon code to save a whopping 20%. Here's the code to insert into the Coupon Code box on the checkout page: 051406.

Use the coupon as often as you wish. But hurry, this offer expires Monday May 8, 2006.

Please forward this email to relatives and friends worldwide.

Thanks your your continued patronage.

Sincerely,

SAM'S CARIBBEAN MARKETPLACE - Food, CDs, DVDs...

Thanks for this...i have been looking for a caribbean marketplace but haven't been able to find one that was reasonably priced!!! this place is great!!!! :thumbs:

Shauna

Yeah they are pretty good :yes:

But I only buy when they have a good sale or else shipping charges alone will kill you. They seem to have some sort of sale for every holiday.

Timeline
Well ever since we got HypeTV we have been updating our dance moves to the latest and greatest. Some dances though should be used for private in home "shows" only :lol:

I bet you two put those moves to some *ahem* creative use :lol:;)

Gonna check out Sams - some of the sites are rip off but since you've used them I'll see what I can surprise D with, and get Moms some more spices an things.

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

K-1 and AOS

-----------

Live your life!

Timeline

Gonna check out Sams - some of the sites are rip off but since you've used them I'll see what I can surprise D with, and get Moms some more spices an things.

Very creative...you just have to have a good imagination ;)

:lol::lol::lol:

Sorry I couldn't help it :blush:

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good Morning Ladies,

Hope every one has a beautiful and blessed day. It is a wonderful sunny day here in NYC.

I do not wish to share any information about this dead end journey.........I have reached my final destination on this train, and it is time for me to get off.

THIS TOO SHALL PASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"If marriage means you fell in love, does divorce mean you climbed out?"

"You never really know a man until you have divorced him."-Zsa Zsa Gabor

"When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favour in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her: then let him write her a bill of divorcement, and give it in her hand, and send her out of his house. And when she is departed out of his house, she may go and be another man's wife." Deuteronomy 24:1-2

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us." - Helen Keller

"Even though you may want to move forward in your life, you may have one foot on the brakes. In order to be free, we must learn how to let go. Release the hurt. Release the fear. Refuse to entertain your old pain. The energy it takes to hang onto the past is holding you back from a new life. What is it you would let go of today?" - Mary Manin Morrissey

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Theresa

Timeline

The thing I really like is that they are a real store in NY and they have all their contact info (which I have used) so it is pretty safe. I was real weary of ordering from a strictly online store...you never know. Sams accidently double charged my debit card once...they called right away to tell me and fixed the problem that same day. It was very nice of them to call and let me know whats up. Overall I am very impressed with their service and their prices seem pretty good.

Timeline

Very creative...you just have to have a good imagination ;)

:lol::lol::lol:

Sorry I couldn't help it :blush:

LOL!

When I first saw your pic, I knew that you had some freak in you

:lol::lol:

Just playin with you :star:

We get creative with some of the dances too...especially when we hear Ele's Wine Up Pon It :whistle:

Good Morning Ladies,

Hope every one has a beautiful and blessed day. It is a wonderful sunny day here in NYC.

Good morning! You have a blessed day too (F)

K-1 and AOS

-----------

Live your life!

Timeline

:yes:

Hi-

My name is Kim and I wanted to introduce myself to everyone. My fiancee lives in Jamaica nd we filed for the K-1 visa in February 2006. I am in the waiting process at this point!!!! I have been really stressed because it seems like the NOA2 is taking FOREVER.

Sounds like most of you are pros at this and you already went through my pain. I could sure use some support and words of wisdom from any...ALL of you!!!!!!

Thanks-

Hey Kim Welcome to the thread....You are setting a record with your trips tp JA. You are going almost Monthly...anyways goodluck!!!

DEE

Things are moving along and time is definitely ticking at this point! He has to drop off his DS230 and apply for the Police Cert (needs to get his passport back--he tried to weeks ago to get his police cert, but they wouldn't let him get it with just a photo ID and Birth Cert...ONLY a passport). Then wait for the Packet 4....

Kelly

:D Business blah...blahh... :lol: I'm happy for you.

Dee

Yep, the immigration officer in Jamaica looked at my passport and started to laugh. He said...well..."I guess I will be seeing you next month!!" However, my vacation is running low and the airfare has gotton ridiculous so I am not sure I will not be going in May and I am hoping to hold out until appointment day. Not sure if that will work since we have not even received NOA2 yet and it will be too hard to stay away for longer than 1 1/2 months.

My birthday is coming in June so I keep telling everyone to give me American Airline mileage or money towards a plane ticket...... no birthday gifts this year..........just want to see my baby!!! :) They think I am CRAZY......I guess I am a little

Welcome Kim,

I'm sure you will find that there is a wealth of knowledge on the K-1 process on this thread. Where did you meet your SO?

I just realized when in June is your b-day????? Gemini or Cancer?

Welcome Kim (F) , sorry I am late.

I do not wish to share any information about this dead end journey.........I have reached my final destination on this train, and it is time for me to get off.

THIS TOO SHALL PASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"If marriage means you fell in love, does divorce mean you climbed out?"

"You never really know a man until you have divorced him."-Zsa Zsa Gabor

"When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favour in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her: then let him write her a bill of divorcement, and give it in her hand, and send her out of his house. And when she is departed out of his house, she may go and be another man's wife." Deuteronomy 24:1-2

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us." - Helen Keller

"Even though you may want to move forward in your life, you may have one foot on the brakes. In order to be free, we must learn how to let go. Release the hurt. Release the fear. Refuse to entertain your old pain. The energy it takes to hang onto the past is holding you back from a new life. What is it you would let go of today?" - Mary Manin Morrissey

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Theresa

Timeline

Do you remember the song from a while back with the words...Wine Gyal, wine gyal, wine like a gypsy? I don't remember who it is by (elephant man?) but that was my first introduction into the world of wining. Just imagine a poor naive white girl asking a huge group of JA guys..."why are they talking about whining? Why would you want someone who is a whiner?" After laughing for about 20 minutes they finally gave me the answer. Then I got the lessons :lol::lol: Every honorary Jamaican has to know how to wine :thumbs::lol:

LOL!

SHHHHH!!!! Don't tell my mama!

LOL :D

So you can see my freakiness just by looking...I am going to have to work on that :whistle::lol:

Hey Squitto...how is the new job?

Edited by Jme3584

Timeline
Do you remember the song from a while back with the words...Wine Gyal, wine gyal, wine like a gypsy? I don't remember who it is by (elephant man?) but that was my first introduction into the world of wining. Just imagine a poor naive white girl asking a huge group of JA guys..."why are they talking about whining? Why would you want someone who is a whiner?" After laughing for about 20 minutes they finally gave me the answer. Then I got the lessons :lol::lol: Every honorary Jamaican has to know how to wine :thumbs::lol:

LOL!

So you can see my freakiness just by looking...I am going to have to work on that :whistle::lol:

YOU HAVE ME IN TEARS OVER HERE :lol::lol::lol:

So since the day they taught you, how do you rate your wine now?

K-1 and AOS

-----------

Live your life!

Timeline

LOL!

Hmmmmm.....

Well in public I would say you could tell I know what I am doing...but I can be kinda shy :blush:

Now in private...I am the dancehall queen :D I have moves the world just ain't ready for :lol::lol:

Edited by Jme3584

Timeline

LOL!

Hmmmmm.....

Well in public I would say you could tell I know what I am doing...but I can be kinda shy :blush:

Now in private...I am the dancehall queen :D I have moves the world just ain't ready for :lol::lol:

Show them moves! Nuff white girl enter dancehall competition :thumbs:

I'm not the one to be all in the videolight, however when it comes to the dancehall I am not shy in the least. But like I said, all that winin an brukout makes my hair sweat out (and I don't have a relaxer, just flatiron). Now that I'm married, would it be indecent to go out an wine still?

K-1 and AOS

-----------

Live your life!

Timeline

[

Good Morning Ladies (L)

Just got this in my email and wanted to share. The 20% off should cover your shipping costs so it sounds like a pretty good deal. The coupon number is universal and can be used over and over by anyone so if you know anyone that could benefit please pass this on. I have used them 3-4 times and they have been pretty good and the food is always great :thumbs:

Dear Jamie,

We thought you would be interested in hearing about our fabulous Mother's Day Promotion.

You don't have to be a mother to save 20% on all your purchases at our online store: www.sams247.com.

Just spend over $19.99, and use our coupon code to save a whopping 20%. Here's the code to insert into the Coupon Code box on the checkout page: 051406.

Use the coupon as often as you wish. But hurry, this offer expires Monday May 8, 2006.

Please forward this email to relatives and friends worldwide.

Thanks your your continued patronage.

Sincerely,

SAM'S CARIBBEAN MARKETPLACE - Food, CDs, DVDs...

Thanks for this...i have been looking for a caribbean marketplace but haven't been able to find one that was reasonably priced!!! this place is great!!!! :thumbs:

Shauna

Yeah they are pretty good :yes:

But I only buy when they have a good sale or else shipping charges alone will kill you. They seem to have some sort of sale for every holiday.

ya i noticed the shipping..but this is great..because where i live all the Caribbean places are in the shady area of the city...so i don't really feel comfortable going there...so i am glad i can just order it

Filed: Timeline
Good Morning Ladies,

it's soooooooooooooooo nice outside isn't it!! i love it :dance::dance::dance:

where in nyc are you? we should meet up!

The thing I really like is that they are a real store in NY and they have all their contact info (which I have used) so it is pretty safe. I was real weary of ordering from a strictly online store...you never know. Sams accidently double charged my debit card once...they called right away to tell me and fixed the problem that same day. It was very nice of them to call and let me know whats up. Overall I am very impressed with their service and their prices seem pretty good.

i guess i'm blessed to live in flatbush, it's like little jamaica...we have no problems finding yard products

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.