aussiewench

Yardies, at home and a farrin'

5,682 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

:yes:

Hi-

My name is Kim and I wanted to introduce myself to everyone. My fiancee lives in Jamaica nd we filed for the K-1 visa in February 2006. I am in the waiting process at this point!!!! I have been really stressed because it seems like the NOA2 is taking FOREVER.

Sounds like most of you are pros at this and you already went through my pain. I could sure use some support and words of wisdom from any...ALL of you!!!!!!

Thanks-

Hey Kim Welcome to the thread....You are setting a record with your trips tp JA. You are going almost Monthly...anyways goodluck!!!

DEE

Things are moving along and time is definitely ticking at this point! He has to drop off his DS230 and apply for the Police Cert (needs to get his passport back--he tried to weeks ago to get his police cert, but they wouldn't let him get it with just a photo ID and Birth Cert...ONLY a passport). Then wait for the Packet 4....

Kelly

:D Business blah...blahh... :lol: I'm happy for you.

Dee

Yep, the immigration officer in Jamaica looked at my passport and started to laugh. He said...well..."I guess I will be seeing you next month!!" However, my vacation is running low and the airfare has gotton ridiculous so I am not sure I will not be going in May and I am hoping to hold out until appointment day. Not sure if that will work since we have not even received NOA2 yet and it will be too hard to stay away for longer than 1 1/2 months.

My birthday is coming in June so I keep telling everyone to give me American Airline mileage or money towards a plane ticket...... no birthday gifts this year..........just want to see my baby!!! :) They think I am CRAZY......I guess I am a little

Welcome Kim,

I'm sure you will find that there is a wealth of knowledge on the K-1 process on this thread. Where did you meet your SO?

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Welcome Kim to the Thread.. :D Wow you have gone to Jamaica a lot in the past year. That terrific. I am so jealous.

Thanks everyone!!!

Sounds like I am in for a long process......but....it will be easier having Duane with me since the separation and phone thing is just miserable!!!!

So......here are my questions:

Since I am dealing with the California Service Center, they seem to take FOREVER!!! When I look at their current processimg dates, it says processing receipt date of February 3, 2006. My NOA1 has 2 dates on it. A received date and Notice date. What date should I use to determine how close I am?? My received dated is February 6 but my notice date is February 14. As you can see, I am hoping they are close to looking at mine!!

Also......is there any point in e-mailing CSC?? Will this help expedite things for me or do I just need to continue waiting???

This is testing my patience and Duane and I prayed last night over the phone. He has really tried to help me relax because he can feel my anxiety and he is concerned that I am worrying too much. He tells me that God will work at his own pace and I need to allow God to calm my nerves. Much easier said than done. I feel better knowing that I can come over here and cry.. :crying:

So......thanks in advance for your help!!

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

ok...i am a little concerned and mad...

Mike's mom sent me a fax yesterday that says completly different things than the checklis says...it says you need to bringa ds-230 part one and two unsigned??? and also 335 bucks for the visa??? WHAT??? i never ever thought it was that much....i am so worried and confused because this does not make sense at all... can someone anyone help???? :help::help::help::help::help:

Shauna

it says you need to bringa ds-230 part one and two unsigned??? and also 335 bucks for the visa??? WHAT??? i never ever thought it was that much

I think she sent you info for the Immigrant Visa.....you only have to pay $100 for the K-1....which technically is an Immigrant Visa but it is handled in most ways like the Non-Immigrant....have I confused you yet??? Did Joanna send you her list?

Dee: Congratulations!! I am so jealous!!!!!

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Timeline

no because his mom actually faxed me a copy of the checklist...and she called me saying that is must all be filled out and the money paid ect//i don't know who she talked to..

but what you are saying makes sense..but why would they include it in the packed if it doesn't apply for the k-1???

Shauna

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thanks Elizabeth---Actually Duane has alot of paintings. He has been painting since he was 8 years old. Some of his paintings are displayed at Harmony Hall in Jamaica, the National Bank of Jamaica and at a few restaurants around the Island. He has some SERIOUS talent...not just because he is my Boo but really...he has a gift......That is actually how we met..he had an art gallery showing at the Hotel I was staying at while I was on vacation. I went to look at his work and fell in love with the artist!!!!! Go figure..... :blush:

So...he has some of his paintings for sale on an art website. I helped him with it (of course). You can check out some of his work at www.yessy.com/kpounds.

Make sure to do the /kpounds since that will take you right into his gallery.

He sells them in Jamaica and we have made a few sales over the internet. Of course we would give anyone on this forum a "yardies" discount since it is all in the family!!! :P

Thanks again for looking.....

CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE: www.embassyart.homestead.com

SEE K-1 TIME LINE IN MY PROFILE

.....INTERVIEW JULY 10, 2006-APPROVED

07/19/06-Duane flew home to the USA-FINALLY!!!!!!!

08/17/06-DUANE AND KIM GOT MARRIED

PART 2 BEGINS

09/20/06- EAD/AOS Mailed to Chicago Today..........Here we go again!!!

10/13/06- Biometric appointment-San Francisco

12/07/06- AOS Interview-San Francisco

CAUGHT IN FBI NAME CHECK DELAY

04/23/07-Received AOS Approval E-Mail

04/25/07-Received CARD Production E-mail

WAITING FOR GREEN CARD TO ARRIVE.......

no because his mom actually faxed me a copy of the checklist...and she called me saying that is must all be filled out and the money paid ect//i don't know who she talked to..

but what you are saying makes sense..but why would they include it in the packed if it doesn't apply for the k-1???

Why? This is the Kingston Embassy you are dealing with here :lol: Honestly, I think it is because they are too cheap to produce separate forms that are exact for all the different Visas.

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

I have a quick question for discussion - ladies, how do you feel about your man getting manicures and pedicures? or professional facials? I'm just curious because more men are going to day spas.

I've taken Tony to get a pedicure twice now :yes: Mainly because he had ingrown toe nails and they sort of dig them out :o I have the same problem - that's why I get a pedicure every 2 weeks! They cut the nail down a certain way so it doesn't grow under. Sorry, too much information :P

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

Timeline

Why? This is the Kingston Embassy you are dealing with here :lol: Honestly, I think it is because they are too cheap to produce separate forms that are exact for all the different Visas.

this is very true..it would make sense to make a seperate form for differnt visa's but i guess that would be asking too much?? :yes:

thanks for taking away my worries!!!

Shauna

Filed: Other Timeline

Shauna

Mindy .....is right the embassy sent me the same fax... I also got the fax from my lawyer it was not the right fee. The fee is only a 100$ Just go to the paymaster and tell them which visa you are applying for :yes:

Dee: Congratulations!! I am so jealous!!!!!

Don't be...... I'm scared to death...It came so fast. :unsure:

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
HEY EVERYONE! Okay I need all your prayers and good thoughts for tomorrow. My friend and brother in law----Morris and Danika....have their interview for the K1. She just flew into Kingston today. They are both a bit naive so I hope hope hope I coached them enough!!! Think good thoughts because I am soooooooo excited and nervous for them.....This is Neils brother and it would be awesome if he was approved tomorrow!!! :dance::D:dance:

I've said a prayer for Morris and Danika. :yes: All the best!

Lee

July 4, 2006: Married

October 7, 2006: AOS Packet mailed to Chicago Lockbox via FedEx (I-485, I-130, I-765)

October 10, 2006: Package reived in Chicago

October 23, 2006: Checks cashed

November 1, 2006: I-130 and I-765 touched

November 2, 2006: I-485 touched--email notification about RFE letter on the way.

December 2006: Biometrics

January 2007: EAD Card

July 10, 2007 @ 9 a.m.--AOS Interview in West Palm Beach, FL...APPROVED!!!

LOL, now Dee, you went and got me to wondering....

So...what are the things you DONT like about your man???? :lol:

The one thing I cannot stand about my man...He a complete road hog!!!!...I get anxiety riding in the car with him :angry::wacko::blink:

Timeline

Shauna

Mindy .....is right the embassy sent me the same fax... I also got the fax from my lawyer it was not the right fee. The fee is only a 100$ Just go to the paymaster and tell them which visa you are applying for :yes:

THANKS SO MUCH!!!!!!!!

ok i will tell him to do that...this is just one confusing mess...ok so 100 for the interview...an how much for the actual visa??? :unsure:

shauna

Wow, that is fast processing. Anthony just had his done today. We filed in February!

They must not be processing very many applications here :thumbs:

THANKS SO MUCH!!!!!!!!

ok i will tell him to do that...this is just one confusing mess...ok so 100 for the interview...an how much for the actual visa??? :unsure:

shauna

Thats's it. I think there is a fee to have it delivered, there are also options to pick it up, I'm not sure how much that is as we did not have to do that. We recieved ours at the Embassy. Not much tho.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.