aussiewench

Yardies, at home and a farrin'

5,682 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello Kim!

Looks like we're both in the Bay Area

Ask away - I'm in AOS right now but still getting on everyone's nerves with my questions (LOL - just kidding). Good luck with your process. Based on what I've seen with CSC (and my experience with them), I say within 2.5 months (if even that) you'll get your NOA2. Keep ya head up!

Hi-

My name is Kim and I wanted to introduce myself to everyone. My fiancee lives in Jamaica nd we filed for the K-1 visa in February 2006. I am in the waiting process at this point!!!! I have been really stressed because it seems like the NOA2 is taking FOREVER.

Sounds like most of you are pros at this and you already went through my pain. I could sure use some support and words of wisdom from any...ALL of you!!!!!!

Thanks-

Manicures -- I just asked.......he said, "no man, me can do it myself." So....there's your answer. About the polish, "no me no want no shiny shiny on my nail."

Waaaaiiieeee @ shiny shiny! Crackin up

My hubby likes mani/pedi (we don't go to the shop, I do my own and I do his). I haven't went as far as "shiny shiny" but I will buff the nails for a natural shine.

Dee - sorry to hear that baby mama on one...I pray that she does the right thing for baby girl

Sbys - are you still having wedding in Negril this fall? Glad to hear you, baby and hubby are good. Did we ask you if you picked a baby name yet?

Kimone - have you decided on names yet?

Mindy - don't make me come thru the computer and shake you! We want to see some pics lol

Jamie - that job does sound like a keeper :)

Squittos - just hang on...you've come this far and you will make it through

Kelly - welcome back!

Jojo - if you're reading...WE MISS YOU!

Hey SJB :), Elizabethhenry, Christine, Anna, and everyone else

Eric where are you?!

[New discussion topic:

NAME ONE THING THAT YOU REALLY LOVE ABOUT YOUR MAN

He is so caring - when I'm sick he is so attentive, taking better care of me than my mom did when I was a youngin (shhh, don't tell her I said that LOL). If I'm stressed about something, he tries his hardest to deal with the situation so that I can relax. He's also a good cook (L):D

Edited by Jonesie

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Country: Guyana
Timeline

quote: Lake should not tolerate that AT ALL! Tell him you can get him a gym membership with all the extra money he will be making at the FT job. If it was me I would go and give someone a piece of my mind and let them know that discrimination and prejudice will NOT be tolerated. But then again I have been told I am a little over protective :blush: I call it opinionated :whistle: :quote

Yes, Jamie......thats what I wanted to do as well, charge in like a bull, etc. I am also very overprotective, but then again, its his life, so I asked him if I could and he said "No", he would certainly rather I did not! :lol: But no way he should put up with that #######, he is very observant and has looked around and none of the other lines that are in view of him have to work that hard, without breaks, contantly, on your feet, with no joking or horsing around, etc. All the others laugh and joke and do their best to make the job a little less crappy.

As far as the prejudice thing, I think perhaps its a bit of jealousy, becuz the group leader WAS working with just one other woman (there are supposed to be 4 but were only two before Lake started) for quite a while, and when Lake came it threw things off balance. It probably didnt help that she took pity on him and is showing him the ropes, whenever its SUPPOSED to be the group leader guy to do that. And now the young guy started, so Lake is not as much of a threat. I have seen the guy, he is very nice lookin, and he looks cocky as all get out. So thats my only theory, a bit of prejudice and then jealousy. Not maybe like boyfriend jealousy, but you know what I mean when you have worked with one person for a long time and you get possessive of them? Maybe that is what it is, my take on it, anyway. They have worked together I guess for several years, with other temps coming and going mostly. But even they dont laugh and joke together, like other groups do. :shrugs:

Lake feels embarassed to call the other guy, cuz he already told him that he wanted to finish his classes about six weeks from now. But, gosh, in the meantime, he could be starting a job he MAY really like, with a lot better pay, and probably less hard. I do know the night shifts will totally kill him, so he could perhaps work there til the end of the year, we could pay off some bills, and save a bit, and then figure out where to go from there.

Of course we wont be making as much as now probably, cuz they will taking money out for health insurance, which NEITHER one of us have right now. Eeeeks!

And the 401K takes a bite out, I have tried to explain a bit of that to him, but he doesnt quite understand it yet.

He asked me WHY they take out taxes from your CHECK, if you have to do taxes and pay in by April 15th as well. Your paying them TWICE????? I dont think my explanation went too well. He never did nod and act like he "got it". which he usually does once he understands something. We have too many taxes to explain really. Property tax. Tax on items you buy. Then the state and federal income.

Ok discussion subject, all! Do your guys understand the tax thing, I wish I knew how to explain it better! That and all the things they will take out of their paycheck, like taxes, ss, 401K, insurance. Are they startled/upset by the first paycheck? Or will they be? I KNOW Lake will be, he was startled ENOUGH by the temp check and they only take out tax and ss.

And how do you make COLOR sentences????? :help:

Timeline

May 15th Lake arrived NYC on tourist visa

6-15-05 Flew NCY to "fetch" Lake for visit here

8-17-05 He Proposed!

8-24-05 MARRIED!

9- 1-05 - SENT AOS, EAD, AP, & ETC

9-12-05 NOA1 - FOR I-130, I-145, & AP, EAD

10-5-05 RFE for Birth C. & medical

10-24-05 GOT LEARNERS PERMIT

11-3-05 DRIVERS LICENSE :)

11-16-05 overnited RFE

11-17-05 Rcvd NOA2 for EAD, bio set for 12-5-05

11-25-05 Recvd AOS bio letter, apptmt for 12-14-05

12-5-05 Biometrics (they did BOTH!)

Infopass, got temp EAD, AP no luck

12-6-05 Applied for SSN, not in system

12-10-05 AP finally arrives!

12-11-05 1 year EAD card!

12-23-05 Interview letter arrives! 3-3-06

1-17-06 SSN arrives!!

3-3-06 Interview-APPROVED! Passport stamped :)

3-14-06 Green card arrives!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thanks for your opinions. Getting my hair, nails, eyebrows, or whatever is the only "me" time I have so I really cherish it. I guess my manicures and pedicures aren't good to him anymore :no:

Timeline
quote: Lake should not tolerate that AT ALL! Tell him you can get him a gym membership with all the extra money he will be making at the FT job. If it was me I would go and give someone a piece of my mind and let them know that discrimination and prejudice will NOT be tolerated. But then again I have been told I am a little over protective :blush: I call it opinionated :whistle: :quote

Yes, Jamie......thats what I wanted to do as well, charge in like a bull, etc. I am also very overprotective, but then again, its his life, so I asked him if I could and he said "No", he would certainly rather I did not! :lol: But no way he should put up with that #######, he is very observant and has looked around and none of the other lines that are in view of him have to work that hard, without breaks, contantly, on your feet, with no joking or horsing around, etc. All the others laugh and joke and do their best to make the job a little less crappy.

As far as the prejudice thing, I think perhaps its a bit of jealousy, becuz the group leader WAS working with just one other woman (there are supposed to be 4 but were only two before Lake started) for quite a while, and when Lake came it threw things off balance. It probably didnt help that she took pity on him and is showing him the ropes, whenever its SUPPOSED to be the group leader guy to do that. And now the young guy started, so Lake is not as much of a threat. I have seen the guy, he is very nice lookin, and he looks cocky as all get out. So thats my only theory, a bit of prejudice and then jealousy. Not maybe like boyfriend jealousy, but you know what I mean when you have worked with one person for a long time and you get possessive of them? Maybe that is what it is, my take on it, anyway. They have worked together I guess for several years, with other temps coming and going mostly. But even they dont laugh and joke together, like other groups do. :shrugs:

Lake feels embarassed to call the other guy, cuz he already told him that he wanted to finish his classes about six weeks from now. But, gosh, in the meantime, he could be starting a job he MAY really like, with a lot better pay, and probably less hard. I do know the night shifts will totally kill him, so he could perhaps work there til the end of the year, we could pay off some bills, and save a bit, and then figure out where to go from there.

Of course we wont be making as much as now probably, cuz they will taking money out for health insurance, which NEITHER one of us have right now. Eeeeks!

And the 401K takes a bite out, I have tried to explain a bit of that to him, but he doesnt quite understand it yet.

He asked me WHY they take out taxes from your CHECK, if you have to do taxes and pay in by April 15th as well. Your paying them TWICE????? I dont think my explanation went too well. He never did nod and act like he "got it". which he usually does once he understands something. We have too many taxes to explain really. Property tax. Tax on items you buy. Then the state and federal income.

Ok discussion subject, all! Do your guys understand the tax thing, I wish I knew how to explain it better! That and all the things they will take out of their paycheck, like taxes, ss, 401K, insurance. Are they startled/upset by the first paycheck? Or will they be? I KNOW Lake will be, he was startled ENOUGH by the temp check and they only take out tax and ss.

And how do you make COLOR sentences????? :help:

Good luck with that situation...I agree about the gym membership!

As far as taxes, girl here in the States that's something that can't be explained LOL. Just tell him that the major taxes that will be taken out of his check are FUTA (federal unemployment tax), SUTA (state unemployment tax) and FICA (social security and disability)

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

K-1 and AOS

-----------

Live your life!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Jonesie-

So where in the Bay Area are you located? I have a million questionns for you..........So...there does not seems to be a huge Jamaican population in this area. I live in San Mateo..not sure if you know the area??? I am worried about finding a Carribean store to buy food when Duane finally arrives and would love for him to have some Jamaican friends or people that he can meet.......

How has the adjustment been for your husband? PLEAZZZZZ Help!! I am worried that he will get homesick and want to return....I am looking into GED classes for him and also a Seventh Day Adventist church home.......Not too sure what else I can find to help with the adjustment period........

Thanks-

Kim

CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE: www.embassyart.homestead.com

SEE K-1 TIME LINE IN MY PROFILE

.....INTERVIEW JULY 10, 2006-APPROVED

07/19/06-Duane flew home to the USA-FINALLY!!!!!!!

08/17/06-DUANE AND KIM GOT MARRIED

PART 2 BEGINS

09/20/06- EAD/AOS Mailed to Chicago Today..........Here we go again!!!

10/13/06- Biometric appointment-San Francisco

12/07/06- AOS Interview-San Francisco

CAUGHT IN FBI NAME CHECK DELAY

04/23/07-Received AOS Approval E-Mail

04/25/07-Received CARD Production E-mail

WAITING FOR GREEN CARD TO ARRIVE.......

Timeline

Hello Everyone :)

Me and Rohan are doing great, his broken hand is healing well, hopefully it will be completely healed by our wedding on June 17. He is sooo funny, and still adjusting to the differences in culture. Its not as hard as other places though NYC have a lot of Jamaicans

WELCOME KIM, My fiance just was approved last month and enter the country last Friday, I know what you are going through...this process is a long difficult one, but we will be here to support you and give you advice

Mrs Squitto: I am sorry to hear of your trouble, you commited it to the Lord, now just submit those required documents and let the Lord work

NAME ONE THING THAT YOU REALLY LOVE ABOUT YOUR MAN[/color]

quote]

He treats me like a Queen- With Rohan I feel like Royal, he introduces me as his empress. with him I feel safe and protected like the Queen with her guards. He is my big stong warrior man who alway come to the rescue like the queens knight in shining armour. When he hugs me and draw me closeI feel like if a nuclear bomb even explodes around us, it will bounce off some invisible forcefield. If I had to keep talking I would add perhaps 10 more pages, (as I am sure each one of you can do about your love ;) _

2/1/2010- AOS , EAD. AP Mailed via USPS priority mail

2/3/2010- Received - via USPS delivery tracking

2/9/2010- Check Cashed

2/9/2010- NOA 1 Received for 131, 765, 485

2/17/2010- Received letter for biometrics

2/19/2010- Completed biometrics via early "walk in'

2/22/2010- Touched on I-765, 48

2/24/2010- Case transferred to CSC

4/2/2010 Card Production Ordered for I-765, AP touched (Yea!!)

4/8/10- Approval notice for I-765 sent via email/ AP touched

4/10/2010 Received AP.

4/12/10 Received EAD-

7/6/10 Contacted USCIS because now Outside normal processing time

7/23/10 Got RFE asking for proof of legitimate marriage- 1page and 1/4 of proofs

8/23/10 sent off RFE response via Expressmail

8/24/10 Received by CSC

9/2/10 Email from USCIS- Card Production Ordered

Timeline

[New discussion topic:

He is so caring - when I'm sick he is so attentive, taking better care of me than my mom did when I was a youngin (shhh, don't tell her I said that LOL). If I'm stressed about something, he tries his hardest to deal with the situation so that I can relax. He's also a good cook (L):D

Damien is so funny. We are always laughing at each other. My neighbor said we have to much fun to be married :D . He is very attentive and so caring. And I couldn't ask for a better stepfather for my daughter. He's always reminding her to be a young lady.

Filed: Country: Guyana
Timeline

He is soooo patient, and he never says unkind things, or raises his voice. When he is upset, he throws a little body language "fit", but he wont come out and say mean or negative stuff. Its probably a goooood thing. I have never seen anyone as patient as he is in my life.

Thanks for all your responses, everyone! :)

Oh, and I forgot, welcome to Kim. :lol:

And so sorry to hear about Daves daughters mama, Dee. That does make one suspicious but she is still a child of his heart, and it hurts all the more when her mama goes back and forth like this. :( For her and for Dave. Hugs to you and Dave.

And to mama Squitto, for all the hassles your are gettin from immigration. Do dont happen to be a Virgo, do you? Just wonderin...

Now..how to explain 401K and health insurance..... lol

Edited by thndrdancr

Timeline

May 15th Lake arrived NYC on tourist visa

6-15-05 Flew NCY to "fetch" Lake for visit here

8-17-05 He Proposed!

8-24-05 MARRIED!

9- 1-05 - SENT AOS, EAD, AP, & ETC

9-12-05 NOA1 - FOR I-130, I-145, & AP, EAD

10-5-05 RFE for Birth C. & medical

10-24-05 GOT LEARNERS PERMIT

11-3-05 DRIVERS LICENSE :)

11-16-05 overnited RFE

11-17-05 Rcvd NOA2 for EAD, bio set for 12-5-05

11-25-05 Recvd AOS bio letter, apptmt for 12-14-05

12-5-05 Biometrics (they did BOTH!)

Infopass, got temp EAD, AP no luck

12-6-05 Applied for SSN, not in system

12-10-05 AP finally arrives!

12-11-05 1 year EAD card!

12-23-05 Interview letter arrives! 3-3-06

1-17-06 SSN arrives!!

3-3-06 Interview-APPROVED! Passport stamped :)

3-14-06 Green card arrives!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Yeah, we're just now working out the wedding details for November. I'm getting excited for it. I will finally get to wear a real wedding dress! And yes, we picked out a name... so far... I don't think it will change but you never know. It's Elias Kenrick Grant ---Elias because we like it and Kenrick is Michael's middle name. And if the ultrasound is wrong and we have a girl, she will be Evany (for his aunt Evelyn, and his grandmother "Tiny" who raised him :D ).

And what do I really REALLY love about Michael??? There are so many things :luv: but one that stands out is how calm he is. I can get really uptight about things and worry a lot, and he makes me to calm down, relax, and enjoy life... that's been especially helpful during this pregnancy :lol:

Sbys - are you still having wedding in Negril this fall? Glad to hear you, baby and hubby are good. Did we ask you if you picked a baby name yet?

[New discussion topic:

Click My Timeline For Our K-1 Info

10.21.05 - Applied For SS Card (He's Not In The System Yet)

10.27.05 - Got Marriage License

11.02.05 - Received SS Card In The Mail

11.10.05 - Passed Permit Test!

NOVEMBER 18th - We're Married!

12.17.05 - Mailed AOS/EAD Papers

12.27.05 - Checks Cashed

12.29.05 - Received both NOA's in the mail (receipt dates 12.20.05)

02.17.06 - Received Biometrics Letter

02.27.06 - Got Driver's License!

03.11.06 - Biometrics Appointment

03.16.06 - EAD Approved

03.21.06 - EAD Came In The Mail

04.10.06 - Received AOS Interview Letter

06.08.06 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

06.19.06 - Green Card Received

WE'RE DONE!

08.22.06 - Elias Is Finally Here!!! Born at 1:13am, 8lbs. 15oz. and 20.5 Inches Long

November 18th, 2006 - Our Real Wedding In Negril

Timeline
Jonesie-

So where in the Bay Area are you located? I have a million questionns for you..........So...there does not seems to be a huge Jamaican population in this area. I live in San Mateo..not sure if you know the area??? I am worried about finding a Carribean store to buy food when Duane finally arrives and would love for him to have some Jamaican friends or people that he can meet.......

How has the adjustment been for your husband? PLEAZZZZZ Help!! I am worried that he will get homesick and want to return....I am looking into GED classes for him and also a Seventh Day Adventist church home.......Not too sure what else I can find to help with the adjustment period........

Thanks-

Kim

Check your PM - and also check this website

http://www.janc.org/directory/

K-1 and AOS

-----------

Live your life!

Timeline
GOODMORNING ALL (F)

OUR Biometrics Appointment is NEXT WEEK!!!! :unsure: May 12.

CONGRATS!!! :dance:

K-1 and AOS

-----------

Live your life!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

:dance::dance: WooHoo! That was quick.

GOODMORNING ALL (F)

OUR Biometrics Appointment is NEXT WEEK!!!! :unsure: May 12.

Click My Timeline For Our K-1 Info

10.21.05 - Applied For SS Card (He's Not In The System Yet)

10.27.05 - Got Marriage License

11.02.05 - Received SS Card In The Mail

11.10.05 - Passed Permit Test!

NOVEMBER 18th - We're Married!

12.17.05 - Mailed AOS/EAD Papers

12.27.05 - Checks Cashed

12.29.05 - Received both NOA's in the mail (receipt dates 12.20.05)

02.17.06 - Received Biometrics Letter

02.27.06 - Got Driver's License!

03.11.06 - Biometrics Appointment

03.16.06 - EAD Approved

03.21.06 - EAD Came In The Mail

04.10.06 - Received AOS Interview Letter

06.08.06 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

06.19.06 - Green Card Received

WE'RE DONE!

08.22.06 - Elias Is Finally Here!!! Born at 1:13am, 8lbs. 15oz. and 20.5 Inches Long

November 18th, 2006 - Our Real Wedding In Negril

Timeline
Yeah, we're just now working out the wedding details for November. I'm getting excited for it. I will finally get to wear a real wedding dress! And yes, we picked out a name... so far... I don't think it will change but you never know. It's Elias Kenrick Grant ---Elias because we like it and Kenrick is Michael's middle name. And if the ultrasound is wrong and we have a girl, she will be Evany (for his aunt Evelyn, and his grandmother "Tiny" who raised him :D ).

Evany - that is cute! Rhymes with "Ebony" right?

Edited by Jonesie

K-1 and AOS

-----------

Live your life!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.