aussiewench

Yardies, at home and a farrin'

5,682 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Hey Everyone, dropping in to say Hello :D(F)

Ms Squitto :(:angry: ....Maybe I'll get the same I did not send in my 2005 tax return either, I make well over the poverty line a well.

RITA/ERIC Where ever you are we all hope you are okay!!!

Manicure: I give David a pedicure and manicure, he won't let me put clear polish on his nails :angry: ...yet :P He would never let anyone else do it :huh:

Thndrdancr: I would have him take the FT Job , and if it were me I would have already checked those idiots at the other place :angry:

Joanna: Wishing you a safe trip

Update on David's daughter:..tha babe mama will not take her to get the blood test done :angry: I'm bout ready to whip her assests!! :angry: Most likely cause she know she is not his :angry: He's hurting right now :angry: This chic is so stupid she won't even talk to us on the phone..she sends messages threw the child yelling obscenities through the phone :angry:

Anna: speaking of Javon what's up

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Timeline
Hi-

My name is Kim and I wanted to introduce myself to everyone. My fiancee lives in Jamaica nd we filed for the K-1 visa in February 2006. I am in the waiting process at this point!!!! I have been really stressed because it seems like the NOA2 is taking FOREVER.

Sounds like most of you are pros at this and you already went through my pain. I could sure use some support and words of wisdom from any...ALL of you!!!!!!

Thanks-

Welcome Kim, I'm going through the process, so are 2 others (that we know of). If you have any questions please feel free to post or PM me.

My trip to JA last week was soooo exhausting. They worked us to death ! Good news is that I was able to spend lots and lots of time with Craig. My friend (and roomie) gave Craig her band (all inclusive) so he stayed with us the entire trip. Really only got to see him in the evenings and one full day. It was awesome!! Then came home to news that a long time family friend passed away. I just really need to catch up on a good nights sleep :o

Things are moving along and time is definitely ticking at this point! He has to drop off his DS230 and apply for the Police Cert (needs to get his passport back--he tried to weeks ago to get his police cert, but they wouldn't let him get it with just a photo ID and Birth Cert...ONLY a passport). Then wait for the Packet 4....

Have a great day ! At least with it being so quiet, I don't have pages upon pages to catch up on :D

Kelly

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Thanks SJB for the question :D Hopefully there will be something to read in the morning.

Good night everyone (F)

Good morning family.

Welcome Kim.

I used to give Damien semi manicures and pedicures and he gives himself mini facials so I have no problem with any of that. I like the fact that he cares about his appearance. But right before our last trip, he went to my nail salon to get professional services to show off to his friends because they get them done on a regular basis in JA, something Damien couldn't afford back then. So now he is hooked and wants to go with me every time :huh: I have a small problem sitting next to my husband getting our feet done at the same time. And I personally don't like the clear polish on him either. Maybe I'm just crazy or overreacting :help:?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Welcome to the Yardie thread! :yes:(L)

Hi-

My name is Kim and I wanted to introduce myself to everyone. My fiancee lives in Jamaica nd we filed for the K-1 visa in February 2006. I am in the waiting process at this point!!!! I have been really stressed because it seems like the NOA2 is taking FOREVER.

Sounds like most of you are pros at this and you already went through my pain. I could sure use some support and words of wisdom from any...ALL of you!!!!!!

Thanks-

Click My Timeline For Our K-1 Info

10.21.05 - Applied For SS Card (He's Not In The System Yet)

10.27.05 - Got Marriage License

11.02.05 - Received SS Card In The Mail

11.10.05 - Passed Permit Test!

NOVEMBER 18th - We're Married!

12.17.05 - Mailed AOS/EAD Papers

12.27.05 - Checks Cashed

12.29.05 - Received both NOA's in the mail (receipt dates 12.20.05)

02.17.06 - Received Biometrics Letter

02.27.06 - Got Driver's License!

03.11.06 - Biometrics Appointment

03.16.06 - EAD Approved

03.21.06 - EAD Came In The Mail

04.10.06 - Received AOS Interview Letter

06.08.06 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

06.19.06 - Green Card Received

WE'RE DONE!

08.22.06 - Elias Is Finally Here!!! Born at 1:13am, 8lbs. 15oz. and 20.5 Inches Long

November 18th, 2006 - Our Real Wedding In Negril

Filed: Timeline

Hi-

Thanks-

Hi Kim...welcome to the yardie vj fam. The K-1 is a breeze compared to this AOS #######. Good luck with your journey...ask tons of questions! :luv:

Hi-

Thanks-

Welcome to the family Kim!!

Thanks!!

Wow Kim, that's great that you are able to visit Jamaica so often. I'm jealous!! I just returned last week myself. Where is your fiance from?

Michele

Well, I have been lucky but I used up all of my vacation time at work so my visits will not be as often. I am trying to save the last bit of time that I have on the books for the interview at the embassy. So...I now wait for the NOA2 while enduring the stress of not seeing my baby. This is going to be a true test of my patience and our love. So...did you have a nice trip?? Where is your boyfriend from?

haha, you sound like me this time last year. I visited JA five times in 2005!! The separation was horrible. That's wonderful that you got to visit so often. The whole vacation time thing blows...

Hey Everyone, dropping in to say Hello :D(F)

Ms Squitto :(:angry: ....Maybe I'll get the same I did not send in my 2005 tax return either, I make well over the poverty line a well.

It seems as if Squito and I have been black listed by the USCIS. They seem to just pick on certain people. I'll resend my info tomorrow.

Hi-

Thanks-

Welcome Kim, I'm going through the process, so are 2 others (that we know of). If you have any questions please feel free to post or PM me.

My trip to JA last week was soooo exhausting. They worked us to death ! Good news is that I was able to spend lots and lots of time with Craig. My friend (and roomie) gave Craig her band (all inclusive) so he stayed with us the entire trip. Really only got to see him in the evenings and one full day. It was awesome!! Then came home to news that a long time family friend passed away. I just really need to catch up on a good nights sleep :o

Things are moving along and time is definitely ticking at this point! He has to drop off his DS230 and apply for the Police Cert (needs to get his passport back--he tried to weeks ago to get his police cert, but they wouldn't let him get it with just a photo ID and Birth Cert...ONLY a passport). Then wait for the Packet 4....

Have a great day ! At least with it being so quiet, I don't have pages upon pages to catch up on :D

Kelly

Hi Kelly, welcome back. I'm glad that you and craig got to spend some QT. I hope he gets all his paperwork together!! Good luck :yes:

Thanks SJB for the question :D Hopefully there will be something to read in the morning.

Good night everyone (F)

Good morning family.

Welcome Kim.

I used to give Damien semi manicures and pedicures and he gives himself mini facials so I have no problem with any of that. I like the fact that he cares about his appearance. But right before our last trip, he went to my nail salon to get professional services to show off to his friends because they get them done on a regular basis in JA, something Damien couldn't afford back then. So now he is hooked and wants to go with me every time :huh: I have a small problem sitting next to my husband getting our feet done at the same time. And I personally don't like the clear polish on him either. Maybe I'm just crazy or overreacting :help:?

hahahaha squito lets me paint clear on his nails when i give him manicures :yes:

Kim -- Welcome and good luck on your journey. Don't heistate to ask any questions you have.

Kelly -- So glad you're back on track and had a good time in JA. I'm jealous!!

Julie -- How is the baby (three months and counting...) and Michael's job?

Squitto -- I think we have been blacklisted too. Everyone who filed when we did already got their biometrics letters and had their appointments.....not us. Just sitting here and waiting and trying to not bite off all my nails.

Jamie -- How is Andre liking his job?

Manicures -- I just asked.......he said, "no man, me can do it myself." So....there's your answer. About the polish, "no me no want no shiny shiny on my nail."

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thanks everyone!!!

Sounds like I am in for a long process......but....it will be easier having Duane with me since the separation and phone thing is just miserable!!!!

So......here are my questions:

Since I am dealing with the California Service Center, they seem to take FOREVER!!! When I look at their current processimg dates, it says processing receipt date of February 3, 2006. My NOA1 has 2 dates on it. A received date and Notice date. What date should I use to determine how close I am?? My received dated is February 6 but my notice date is February 14. As you can see, I am hoping they are close to looking at mine!!

Also......is there any point in e-mailing CSC?? Will this help expedite things for me or do I just need to continue waiting???

This is testing my patience and Duane and I prayed last night over the phone. He has really tried to help me relax because he can feel my anxiety and he is concerned that I am worrying too much. He tells me that God will work at his own pace and I need to allow God to calm my nerves. Much easier said than done. I feel better knowing that I can come over here and cry.. :crying:

So......thanks in advance for your help!!

CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE: www.embassyart.homestead.com

SEE K-1 TIME LINE IN MY PROFILE

.....INTERVIEW JULY 10, 2006-APPROVED

07/19/06-Duane flew home to the USA-FINALLY!!!!!!!

08/17/06-DUANE AND KIM GOT MARRIED

PART 2 BEGINS

09/20/06- EAD/AOS Mailed to Chicago Today..........Here we go again!!!

10/13/06- Biometric appointment-San Francisco

12/07/06- AOS Interview-San Francisco

CAUGHT IN FBI NAME CHECK DELAY

04/23/07-Received AOS Approval E-Mail

04/25/07-Received CARD Production E-mail

WAITING FOR GREEN CARD TO ARRIVE.......

Timeline

Hi-

Thanks-

Kelly

Hey Kelly. I'm glad everything is working out for and Craig (L)

Thanks everyone!!!

Sounds like I am in for a long process......but....it will be easier having Duane with me since the separation and phone thing is just miserable!!!!

Since I am dealing with the California Service Center, they seem to take FOREVER!!! When I look at their current processimg dates, it says processing receipt date of February 3, 2006. My NOA1 has 2 dates on it. A received date and Notice date. What date should I use to determine how close I am?? My received dated is February 6 but my notice date is February 14. As you can see, I am hoping they are close to looking at mine!!

Also......is there any point in e-mailing CSC?? Will this help expedite things for me or do I just need to continue waiting???

This is testing my patience and Duane and I prayed last night over the phone. He has really tried to help me relax because he can feel my anxiety and he is concerned that I am worrying too much. He tells me that God will work at his own pace and I need to allow God to calm my nerves. Much easier said than done. I feel better knowing that I can come over here and cry.. :crying:

We are all here for you :luv:

Timeline
Hi-

Thanks-

Welcome Kim :luv:

Ask as many questions as you need :yes:

Timeline

I hate to disappoint you Kim, but emailing doesn't help. Unfortunately you just have to wait for that magic email to get to you. I believe Joanna (jkb) just came out of California, maybe you could check out her timeline for a comparison. She will be having her interview next week.

We've all been through the wait and we're here for you - it's not fun, but once he's here you forget all about it.

Thanks everyone!!!

12.27.05 - Checks Cashed

03.16.06 - EAD Approved

WE'RE DONE!

08.22.06 - Elias Is Finally Here!!! Born at 1:13am, 8lbs. 15oz. and 20.5 Inches Long

Timeline
I miss those days as well. I will never get to platinum at this rate. :lol:

Thanks for your responses, everyone. Personally, I feel like he should take the job, cuz right now, he is working a 2nd shift temp job, that pays 2.25 less an hour than the one offered, and its HARD work, so he is so wiped when he gets home anyway that he is sure not getting any studying done. And he is really too tired to concentrate in class. They gave him a test the day after his first night working, (OF COURSE) and he answered most of the questions wrong, even tho he knew the answers. When they went over them, he said, yea this is the right answer, well dang, why did I circle THAT answer...? He did that on a lot of them, he was so spacey. :lol::lol: So he didnt advance. So he is not making much progess, at THIS rate, he wont finish til the end of the YEAR, and he WAS going so fast. I think another month or month an 1/2 and he would have got it.

Not only that, the temp work shift group leader is a jerk and I think very prejudiced. Whenever Lake makes an error, he mutters things like "Idiot" or "HOW STUPID!" under his breath. I would have thought he was just grumpy, but a new "american" kid just started this week and the guy is really taking time out to show him how to do things, and correct his mistakes, etc. So THAT made me see red! I was fired up and ready to charge in there, but Lake said not to. That and he doesnt take a lunch, he seems to be in a group that sucks, to be honest. I know onerous jobs can really be not too bad if you work with some guys that are fun, but this one is onerous AND the guys are nasty and dont talk as well, let alone joke around, and take breaks and do stretching, like they said would happen. I THINK the reason he wants to stay with it, is...and this is funny, is he is losing weight and really building some heavy duty muscles! :lol: He DID have a belly he just couldnt get rid of, and now, he has lost 3 jean sizes! lol In three weeks!

To be honest, this is the first prejudice we seem to have encountered, which surprised me, but the fact we run into it NOW is getting my goat.

Lake should not tolerate that AT ALL! Tell him you can get him a gym membership with all the extra money he will be making at the FT job. If it was me I would go and give someone a piece of my mind and let them know that discrimination and prejudice will NOT be tolerated. But then again I have been told I am a little over protective :blush: I call it opinionated :whistle:

Update on David's daughter:..tha babe mama will not take her to get the blood test done :angry: I'm bout ready to whip her assests!! :angry: Most likely cause she know she is not his :angry: He's hurting right now :angry: This chic is so stupid she won't even talk to us on the phone..she sends messages threw the child yelling obscenities through the phone :angry:

Hey Dee...sorry to hear the baby mama is giving so much trouble. Maybe after Dave is able to travel he can go down there and take the daughter for the test himself? :unsure: Did you guys apply for AP? Maybe there is a family friend that will take her for the test? Hope you can get this sorted out...I can only imagine how hard this is for Dave and for you (F)

Good night everyone (F)

Good morning family.

Welcome Kim.

I don't think that is crazy or overreacting. I wouldn't want Andre getting his nails done right alongside me. To me it is kind of a girl time and I like to get away and do my own thing for a little while and talk with other ladies. Although I don't do it very often. Andre would never wear polish...even clear. I don't think I would like it either.

Kelly

Glad you had a great trip. What other papers does Craig need to get? Did he already get the no impediment for marriage certificate?

Timeline

The baby is good - getting fat... or maybe that is me :blush: but he's moving around like crazy these days....thanks for asking. And Michael is really liking his job. He is working part time for training and then will go full time once the company fully opens on May 15th. He says the "system" is the same as JA so he's liking it a lot.

How is Roy doing in school? Still loving it?

Julie -- How is the baby (three months and counting...) and Michael's job?

12.27.05 - Checks Cashed

03.16.06 - EAD Approved

WE'RE DONE!

Timeline
Squitto -- I think we have been blacklisted too. Everyone who filed when we did already got their biometrics letters and had their appointments.....not us. Just sitting here and waiting and trying to not bite off all my nails.

Jamie -- How is Andre liking his job?

Wow! I didn’t realize you didn’t have your biometrics yet. I hope you get it soon!

Andre likes his job. Thank goodness! It is very monotonous work and its pretty fast but he is catching the hang of it. From what he says there is some really nice people and he actually knew some of them…my cousin works there, my coworkers sister, and one of my mom’s church friends. So they have all been showing him the ropes and helping him figure things out. It has been nice. The have also been getting a little overtime…probably around 9 hours this week. They pay time and a half so that is a nice bonus. I also found out that the company is owned by a Christian family and they are pretty strong in their beliefs. They will NEVER work on Sunday and actually take some Christian holidays (like Good Friday) off and they are paid as well. So it seems like this just might be a keeper of a job :dance:

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Manicures -- I just asked.......he said, "no man, me can do it myself." So....there's your answer. About the polish, "no me no want no shiny shiny on my nail."

:lol::lol: Sounds like something Henry would say.

Happy Thursday Everyone!!

WELCOME TO THE THREAD, KIM!!

Edited by Elizabethnhenry

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.