aussiewench

Yardies, at home and a farrin'

5,682 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Where is everyone? :( I wish it was like the "old" days and we could chat for pages and pages per day :crying:

I am soooo bored here at work...I am so bored I even asked my boss today for another project...something to keep me busy. He doesn't have anything. I swear half the day he is in there doing personal stuff :whistle:

Hey Jamie,

I'm bored too. But I got nuthin to talk about. hmmm, what could we discuss???? Any VJ memebers have any ideas? :P

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

No not me and I'm also bored. I got to work a few hrs ago and I feel like i've been here all day. :lol:

Anna (Chicago) and Javon (Jamaica)

USCIS: I-130 Process

10/30/06 - Married to my loving husband

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

NVC: CR-1 Process

05/21/07 - NVC recv'd case (per rep @ NVC)

05/29/07 - NVC Assigned Case # (KNG2007******)

06/01/07 - Faxed change of address request to NVC

06/08/07 - NVC confirmed new address

06/18/07 - DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) & AOS (I-864) Fee Bill generated

06/23/07 - Recv'd DS-3032 & AOS Bill via snail mail

07/09/07 - Emailed DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) to NVC

07/19/07 - Mailed AOS Fee Bill ($70) to St. Louis, MO

07/19/07 - Recv'd email from NVC - Choice of Agent was accepted

07/23/07 - IV (DS-230) Fee Bill was generated

08/11/07 - Recv'd IV Fee Bill via snail mail

08/15/07 - Recv'd AOS Packet in the mail

.png

.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I have a quick question for discussion - ladies, how do you feel about your man getting manicures and pedicures? or professional facials? I'm just curious because more men are going to day spas.

Timeline
I have a quick question for discussion - ladies, how do you feel about your man getting manicures and pedicures? or professional facials? I'm just curious because more men are going to day spas.

I think it's cool ain't nothing wrong with it. Javon would also agree w/me.

Anna (Chicago) and Javon (Jamaica)

USCIS: I-130 Process

10/30/06 - Married to my loving husband

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

NVC: CR-1 Process

05/21/07 - NVC recv'd case (per rep @ NVC)

05/29/07 - NVC Assigned Case # (KNG2007******)

06/01/07 - Faxed change of address request to NVC

06/08/07 - NVC confirmed new address

06/18/07 - DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) & AOS (I-864) Fee Bill generated

06/23/07 - Recv'd DS-3032 & AOS Bill via snail mail

07/09/07 - Emailed DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) to NVC

07/19/07 - Mailed AOS Fee Bill ($70) to St. Louis, MO

07/19/07 - Recv'd email from NVC - Choice of Agent was accepted

07/23/07 - IV (DS-230) Fee Bill was generated

08/11/07 - Recv'd IV Fee Bill via snail mail

08/15/07 - Recv'd AOS Packet in the mail

.png

.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I think it's cool ain't nothing wrong with it. Javon would also agree w/me.

Yep I think its fine...if you can afford to do that more power to you. I give Andre semi manicures and pedicures at home. I have even got him to try my cucumber face mask a few times. Both of us think there is nothing wrong with a guy cleaning up a bit. Now when it is taken to a metrosexual level - thats where I have to draw the line :thumbs:

Filed: Country: Guyana
Timeline

I miss those days as well. I will never get to platinum at this rate. :lol:

Thanks for your responses, everyone. Personally, I feel like he should take the job, cuz right now, he is working a 2nd shift temp job, that pays 2.25 less an hour than the one offered, and its HARD work, so he is so wiped when he gets home anyway that he is sure not getting any studying done. And he is really too tired to concentrate in class. They gave him a test the day after his first night working, (OF COURSE) and he answered most of the questions wrong, even tho he knew the answers. When they went over them, he said, yea this is the right answer, well dang, why did I circle THAT answer...? He did that on a lot of them, he was so spacey. :lol::lol: So he didnt advance. So he is not making much progess, at THIS rate, he wont finish til the end of the YEAR, and he WAS going so fast. I think another month or month an 1/2 and he would have got it.

Not only that, the temp work shift group leader is a jerk and I think very prejudiced. Whenever Lake makes an error, he mutters things like "Idiot" or "HOW STUPID!" under his breath. I would have thought he was just grumpy, but a new "american" kid just started this week and the guy is really taking time out to show him how to do things, and correct his mistakes, etc. So THAT made me see red! I was fired up and ready to charge in there, but Lake said not to. That and he doesnt take a lunch, he seems to be in a group that sucks, to be honest. I know onerous jobs can really be not too bad if you work with some guys that are fun, but this one is onerous AND the guys are nasty and dont talk as well, let alone joke around, and take breaks and do stretching, like they said would happen. I THINK the reason he wants to stay with it, is...and this is funny, is he is losing weight and really building some heavy duty muscles! :lol: He DID have a belly he just couldnt get rid of, and now, he has lost 3 jean sizes! lol In three weeks!

To be honest, this is the first prejudice we seem to have encountered, which surprised me, but the fact we run into it NOW is getting my goat.

Timeline

May 15th Lake arrived NYC on tourist visa

6-15-05 Flew NCY to "fetch" Lake for visit here

8-17-05 He Proposed!

8-24-05 MARRIED!

9- 1-05 - SENT AOS, EAD, AP, & ETC

9-12-05 NOA1 - FOR I-130, I-145, & AP, EAD

10-5-05 RFE for Birth C. & medical

10-24-05 GOT LEARNERS PERMIT

11-3-05 DRIVERS LICENSE :)

11-16-05 overnited RFE

11-17-05 Rcvd NOA2 for EAD, bio set for 12-5-05

11-25-05 Recvd AOS bio letter, apptmt for 12-14-05

12-5-05 Biometrics (they did BOTH!)

Infopass, got temp EAD, AP no luck

12-6-05 Applied for SSN, not in system

12-10-05 AP finally arrives!

12-11-05 1 year EAD card!

12-23-05 Interview letter arrives! 3-3-06

1-17-06 SSN arrives!!

3-3-06 Interview-APPROVED! Passport stamped :)

3-14-06 Green card arrives!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I'm all for it too - and Michael doesn't have a problem with it. He's going to get a manicure before the wedding so they look good if we have a picture of our hands/rings.... he's really worried about that for some reason :rolleyes::D

Click My Timeline For Our K-1 Info

10.21.05 - Applied For SS Card (He's Not In The System Yet)

10.27.05 - Got Marriage License

11.02.05 - Received SS Card In The Mail

11.10.05 - Passed Permit Test!

NOVEMBER 18th - We're Married!

12.17.05 - Mailed AOS/EAD Papers

12.27.05 - Checks Cashed

12.29.05 - Received both NOA's in the mail (receipt dates 12.20.05)

02.17.06 - Received Biometrics Letter

02.27.06 - Got Driver's License!

03.11.06 - Biometrics Appointment

03.16.06 - EAD Approved

03.21.06 - EAD Came In The Mail

04.10.06 - Received AOS Interview Letter

06.08.06 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

06.19.06 - Green Card Received

WE'RE DONE!

08.22.06 - Elias Is Finally Here!!! Born at 1:13am, 8lbs. 15oz. and 20.5 Inches Long

November 18th, 2006 - Our Real Wedding In Negril

Timeline
I'm all for it too - and Michael doesn't have a problem with it. He's going to get a manicure before the wedding so they look good if we have a picture of our hands/rings.... he's really worried about that for some reason :rolleyes::D

Ditto

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline

Hi-

My name is Kim and I wanted to introduce myself to everyone. My fiancee lives in Jamaica nd we filed for the K-1 visa in February 2006. I am in the waiting process at this point!!!! I have been really stressed because it seems like the NOA2 is taking FOREVER.

Sounds like most of you are pros at this and you already went through my pain. I could sure use some support and words of wisdom from any...ALL of you!!!!!!

Thanks-

CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE: www.embassyart.homestead.com

SEE K-1 TIME LINE IN MY PROFILE

.....INTERVIEW JULY 10, 2006-APPROVED

07/19/06-Duane flew home to the USA-FINALLY!!!!!!!

08/17/06-DUANE AND KIM GOT MARRIED

PART 2 BEGINS

09/20/06- EAD/AOS Mailed to Chicago Today..........Here we go again!!!

10/13/06- Biometric appointment-San Francisco

12/07/06- AOS Interview-San Francisco

CAUGHT IN FBI NAME CHECK DELAY

04/23/07-Received AOS Approval E-Mail

04/25/07-Received CARD Production E-mail

WAITING FOR GREEN CARD TO ARRIVE.......

Filed: Timeline
Hi-

My name is Kim and I wanted to introduce myself to everyone. My fiancee lives in Jamaica nd we filed for the K-1 visa in February 2006. I am in the waiting process at this point!!!! I have been really stressed because it seems like the NOA2 is taking FOREVER.

Sounds like most of you are pros at this and you already went through my pain. I could sure use some support and words of wisdom from any...ALL of you!!!!!!

Thanks-

Welcome to the family Kim!!

Timeline

Hi-

Thanks-

Thanks!!

PART 2 BEGINS

Filed: Timeline

Hi-

Thanks-

Thanks!!

Wow Kim, that's great that you are able to visit Jamaica so often. I'm jealous!! I just returned last week myself. Where is your fiance from?

Michele

Timeline

Hi-

Thanks-

Thanks!!

Wow Kim, that's great that you are able to visit Jamaica so often. I'm jealous!! I just returned last week myself. Where is your fiance from?

Michele

Well, I have been lucky but I used up all of my vacation time at work so my visits will not be as often. I am trying to save the last bit of time that I have on the books for the interview at the embassy. So...I now wait for the NOA2 while enduring the stress of not seeing my baby. This is going to be a true test of my patience and our love. So...did you have a nice trip?? Where is your boyfriend from?

PART 2 BEGINS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.