aussiewench

Yardies, at home and a farrin'

5,682 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good Morning Everyone! It's Wednesday! Yippie!!

Good Luck Joanna!

Squitto: Sorry about the AOS drama. You know it's :devil: . But keep pressing on - "Greater is He that is in you than he that is in the world." Congrats to Squitto and starting GED classes.

Hawkeye Jill (LOL): Sorry to hear about your being under the weather! I hope you feel better soon. As for Lak and the perm job, Henry was in the exact same situation and all I can say was he took the perm job with rotating shifts and just prayed about it. Well Guess what God did? Henry's supervisor came up to him out of the blue and said, "I need you to work nights (3-11) permanently; I have too many of you on day shift." So now Henry goes to GED class (that he was attending all along), grabs lunch, chills for an hour and then heads to work. There will be some days when he will skip class because he is tired, but for now he's holding on. So I would go with the permanent thing - it just does so much for their self esteem, it will impact how they handle other issues.

Hey Kimone! Glad to see another LOSTie besides Mindy. LOST rules!

And thanks for the thumbs up on the acura. My brother put that on the top of Henry and my list, but we dont know much about it. So thanks. Oh and guess what? My mom's house in North Carolina is almost done!!! She decided against South Carolina.

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He really wants to finish his GED classes first, becuz this job would have rotating shifts, and not many days off

I'm torn on this one.....if he stops going to school, chances are his job(s) will always get in the way of him finishing. Even though they might have many time options, there is a really good chance that work will be overwhelming and he won't want to spend what free time he has going to school.

On the other hand, that sounds like a great job. BUT, if they always do have openings.......

I was alot of help, huh? :blush:

Glad to see another LOSTie besides Mindy. LOST rules!

My favorite!!! (L)

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good Morning Ladies (F)

How is everyone's Wednesday so far?

Getting a new computer at work today :dance: I really needed an upgrade and this one was on the fritz. It's nice to be remembered here at work and for them to realize you really need good (or at least decent) stuff to do your work efficently :thumbs: You all know how that is ;)

Can you all believe it's May?!?! I was in shock changing over the calendars. Where has the time gone?

Filed: Timeline
we received an RFE over the weekend. It says that we did not provide enough evidence to prove that we meet the 125% poverty requirement.

What the F*#@???????????

That, too, was my initial reaction. As a k-1'er you'd think they would just know that I already meet the requirement as we just had to present 3 years worth of finanical information in person to the kingston embassy. Squito and I have realized that for us, they want to make this process as difficult as humanly possible. But you know what, we'll be aight. Worse things have happened ya know. :yes:

Timeline
we received an RFE over the weekend. It says that we did not provide enough evidence to prove that we meet the 125% poverty requirement.

What the F*#@???????????

That, too, was my initial reaction. As a k-1'er you'd think they would just know that I already meet the requirement as we just had to present 3 years worth of finanical information in person to the kingston embassy. Squito and I have realized that for us, they want to make this process as difficult as humanly possible. But you know what, we'll be aight. Worse things have happened ya know. :yes:

Sorry to hear about your AOS trouble :angry: Keep your head up and keep fighting...you will make it through. We all will :yes:

Mi beg yuh carry bigga juice an full house patty, fry fish an bammy, festival an rundown fi mi :P

Me too! Me too! Please Please Please! I would love a box juice and some jerked pork and hard dough bread. I am soooo deprived of my JA food.

Edited by Jme3584

Timeline
He really wants to finish his GED classes first, becuz this job would have rotating shifts, and not many days off

I'm torn on this one.....if he stops going to school, chances are his job(s) will always get in the way of him finishing. Even though they might have many time options, there is a really good chance that work will be overwhelming and he won't want to spend what free time he has going to school.

On the other hand, that sounds like a great job. BUT, if they always do have openings.......

I was alot of help, huh? :blush:

Those are my thoughts as well. There is a good side and another good side...just good for different reasons. What does he want to do? Does he have a preference?

Do you know how long until he finishes classes?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Mawnin everyone

Squitto - just keep your faith. The Lord has everything worked out for you! We're waiting on the call for D so he can enroll in GED class (waiting on a free space :( - class is full)

I hope everyone has a great day today.

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Filed: Timeline
Mawnin everyone

Squitto - just keep your faith. The Lord has everything worked out for you! We're waiting on the call for D so he can enroll in GED class (waiting on a free space :( - class is full)

All the free programs that we tried to enroll Squito in had waiting lists that were 3 years long, we opted for a fee based class. It was $90, that wasn't too bad. He should be ready to take the test in late June :thumbs:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Mawnin everyone

All the free programs that we tried to enroll Squito in had waiting lists that were 3 years long, we opted for a fee based class. It was $90, that wasn't too bad. He should be ready to take the test in late June :thumbs:

I'm going to look into that. He wants something that he can hurry up and start so he can be able to work as soon as ead is approved. Do you have a website link or any other info? Or just did a general search online?

mike dropped of his papers...how long until he gets his next packet...so i know how much longer i need to wait???

Shauna

Depends - my hubby got his in the mail in about a week and a half, others went to pick theirs up from embassy

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Very true, and at least now he's right by your side as you make your way through this.

What the F*#@???????????

:dance::dance: Congrats! Hopefully you can start calling/harrassing the Embassy after the 1st of June and they will give you your interview date. I don't remember if we ever got packet 4 in the mail.

mike dropped of his papers...how long until he gets his next packet...so i know how much longer i need to wait???

mmmm jamaican food sounds soooo good....there is a store close to where i live that sells fesitval mix...it is very yummy!!!!

Shauna

Click My Timeline For Our K-1 Info

10.21.05 - Applied For SS Card (He's Not In The System Yet)

10.27.05 - Got Marriage License

11.02.05 - Received SS Card In The Mail

11.10.05 - Passed Permit Test!

NOVEMBER 18th - We're Married!

12.17.05 - Mailed AOS/EAD Papers

12.27.05 - Checks Cashed

12.29.05 - Received both NOA's in the mail (receipt dates 12.20.05)

02.17.06 - Received Biometrics Letter

02.27.06 - Got Driver's License!

03.11.06 - Biometrics Appointment

03.16.06 - EAD Approved

03.21.06 - EAD Came In The Mail

04.10.06 - Received AOS Interview Letter

06.08.06 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

06.19.06 - Green Card Received

WE'RE DONE!

08.22.06 - Elias Is Finally Here!!! Born at 1:13am, 8lbs. 15oz. and 20.5 Inches Long

November 18th, 2006 - Our Real Wedding In Negril

This was back in October but.....Roy dropped his off at the Embassy (10/11) and it took a month for him to get the actual Packet #4 (Interview Letter) in the mail. The Embassy was giving out the interview dates at the beginning of the month (we got our date on 11/2).....so, I think you will have to wait until at least after June 1.

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

:dance:HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME AND EVERYONE ELSE WHO HAD BIRTHDAYS IN APRIL!!! :dance:

Have a great weekend (F)

Happy Belated!! :D

Photos are up! :dance: Check Yahoo

Mindy where are yours? :whistle:

I can't see them :crying:

Joanna have a great trip and best wishes on your upcoming interview!!

It was a long time coming but it seems like the time gave you the opportunity to get everything done exactly as you wanted. Enjoy!

Welcome Shauna and welcome home Rohan!

Hope Andre had a great first day at work.

welcome back chica!! how was ur trip???

Welcome back, Michele (Jamaica to CT)!!!

Jonesie, beautiful pics. You two (or should I say 'three') really look good together. All the best.

Lee

Thanks Lee. I had a nice trip although I wish I could have spent a little more time there.

Jonesie very nice pics. Thanks for sharing.

I just wanted to add that everyone that I met with in Jamaica on this trip has recently experienced or witnessed the violence that has become so prevelant there; and I was dismayed at how it has affected my friends. My thoughts are with all tonight and every night. It's just so sad.

oh my, what happened? :blush: (sorry i'm late and playing catch up)

Good Morning all,

Joanna have a safe trip and good luck on the interview, even though we already know you'll be approved.

Anna

ditto Joanna!! and i took a look at your shower pics, very very nice!! :D

Ladies, where is everyone???? I am so BORED today at work and ppl is getting on my nerves!!!! Any interesting topics anyone would like to discuss??? Oh yea, I have lost a total of 40 lbs....only 30 more toward my goal by my b-day 8/28, Woohoo!! :dance:

Congrats!!! :thumbs: I sooooooooo need to drop a couple pounds before the big wedding, i just can't seem to find the time

Jojo - I wish you both the best during interview and an APPROVAL

We hope you get Window # 10!

Please check in with us if you have time (L)

Have a fantastic time and be safe (L). Our prayers and well wishes are with you both.

Mi beg yuh carry bigga juice an full house patty, fry fish an bammy, festival an rundown fi mi :P

Good night everyone! -_-

And if someone hears from Eric :reading:, please let us know how he's doing

girl i still can't see ur pics :blush:

As you can see in my siggy, we received an RFE over the weekend. It says that we did not provide enough evidence to prove that we meet the 125% poverty requirement. Whatever!! I refuse to stress about it. I think Satan is trying to set up roadblocks for us. Eff him. I make WELL over the povery requirement, truss mi!! I sent pay stubs, tax transcripts and my complete return for 2004. I had not yet filed 2005 when we submitted our AOS. I'm going to photocopy my entire 2005 return and send it in again, with all the info I already sent. That and the fact that i'm making significantly more at this new job than I made before should make it very difficult for those f!ckers to tell me that I don't meet the requirement...kiss teet

I'm off to pick up Squito from his GED class. He started today!! :dance:

Squito is moving right along. I hope he enjoys the class. As far as AOS goes, I think we should monitor the length of time it takes to process Jamaicans.

Timeline

Where is everyone? :( I wish it was like the "old" days and we could chat for pages and pages per day :crying:

I am soooo bored here at work...I am so bored I even asked my boss today for another project...something to keep me busy. He doesn't have anything. I swear half the day he is in there doing personal stuff :whistle:

Edited by Jme3584

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.