aussiewench

Yardies, at home and a farrin'

5,682 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I neglected to mention this before, as things have been ridiculously hectic for me as of late (as you can probably tell by my scarcity on the boards) but I have a new job. My current gig just wasn't cutting it on the financial end. With Squito not working, all of our regular living expenses, plus the wedding expenses (not to mention the immigration expenses) I knew I needed to supplement my income some way. I considered taking on a second job, but I didn't want to spread myself too thin. So after a great deal of consideration and prayer, I decided to put myself back in the job market. I've been here for just over two years and had grown very comforable in my position but I wasn't exactly being challenged. I went on a series of interviews with one of the major ad agencies here in NYC and got a new job, making significantly more than what I am making now. My last day here is Friday and I have one week off before I start my new job on May 1st. I am really looking forward to the challenges that await me. The Lord has been so good to Squito and I. :luv:

How wonderful :dance: Good luck at your new job! Hope you love it (L)

Adding good news! Henry just opened the envelope with his drivers license!!! :dance: This blessings in this thread are contagious!!! :lol: And I applied for a new social security card with my new name. I made my maiden name my middle name and my new middle initial will appear on the card (I just can't let go :lol: )

Thats great! Lots of good news today :yes:

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Timeline

Good evening everyone,

Lots of good news on the board...congratulations to all!

Safe travels and happy reunions to Dru(woogietail) and Kelly(luvtravelin) as they travel to JA. I'll be joining them next week too.

Kelly I'll pm you to let you know where I'll be staying in MoBay. Dru- I know you're in Negril; so I know we won't be able to see each other.

Michele (F)

How do you know when it’s the right time to have a baby? What things did you/do you want to have in place before you decide to have a baby? Do you/did you want a certain amount of money saved up, assets, certain job wage? What are those things? Do those things need to be in place before you decide to have a baby or do you decide to have a baby and then trust that those things will fall into place? I am asking for personal opinions and experience…no right or wrong…just what is right for you.

Also for those that have had children…how much do they really cost? Is it doable on a “regular” income?

Just curious :innocent::whistle::whistle:

Jamie,

I ask myself these things all the time :yes: I'm not sure when me and Tony will be ready. We're worried about the cost of child care since we are both working. Also, I hate my job and being on 2nd shift so I've been looking for a new job. I don't want to be unemployed and/or going on job interviews while pregnant :o Most of the people I know didn't really plan on getting pregnant, it just happened and then things just kinda fell into place because they HAD to :blush: I wish I had a better answer for you (and myself!) :huh:

I would say save up at least two- three months income

Yes, I definately agree with this :thumbs: We want to save about 3 months worth of living expenses so I can use the FMLA (Family Medical Leave Act) to take 3 months UNPAID leave from work. This would be in addition to the 6 weeks PAID leave that I think we already get.

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

Rhonda,

Where did you and Henry stay when you went to DR? Squito and I are trying to plan a honeymoon. I'm a bit hesitant about going ahead and booking w/o having his AP document in hand, but I cannot think of a good reason that it would be denied. But with all of the trouble we've been having as of late, I dont want to buy a trip until I know that he can travel outside of the US. We found a great package deal to DR for only 600 pp all inclusive for 5 nights, that's not bad...

Me and TONY :lol: (not Henry!) stayed in Punta Cana, DR. We stayed at Ocean Bavaro Spa & Beach Resort. It was nice except for the nasty food that gave me food poisoning and made me sick :angry: The beach, pools, entertainment, etc. were all good. A few problems with getting service - our A/C had to be worked on 4 different times before they finally got it fixed right :( We will not be going there again because there are so many other places I want to see. We would DEFINATELY not revisit that particular resort because of the issues we had. Check out Tripadvisor.com. It gives lots of peoples different reviews on different resorts. It's very helpful.

Also, check www.debbiesdominicantravel.com -- there are TONS of review on this site. Damn, do I sound like Kelly? [/color] :lol:

:lol::lol::lol: Yes, I used this website too for additional info. before our trip. It's pretty good.

And I applied for a new social security card with my new name. I made my maiden name my middle name and my new middle initial will appear on the card (I just can't let go :lol: )

I did the exact same thing with my maiden name too :D I didn't want to give up my old name completely!

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Quick question from one of the polls on the yahoo site....

For the ladies who's men are MoBay...what part of MoBay? and where did you meet them. I just wonder if its possible if our guys know each other. I know my guys works at pretty touristy spot in MoBay...just curious if they may know each other. Considering most of us met our guys while on vacation.

And I wonder them same thing about the other areas as well. Ever wonder if they know each other?

My guy works at Sandals Montego Bay, and at the other Sandals in the area. He also works at Margueritaville on The Hip Strip some nights. We meet at his High School Herbert Morrision years ago.

Good evening everyone,

Lots of good news on the board...congratulations to all!

Safe travels and happy reunions to Dru(woogietail) and Kelly(luvtravelin) as they travel to JA. I'll be joining them next week too.

Kelly I'll pm you to let you know where I'll be staying in MoBay. Dru- I know you're in Negril; so I know we won't be able to see each other.

Michele (F)

What wonderfull news. Congrats with your upcoming new job. may it be wonderful

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Ok I have a question...

Anyone whos fiance (now hubby) was in the Kingston area were did he go for the police certificate?

Hi

The police record can be obtained ex The Multual Life Building located at 2 Oxford Road Kgn5. Please remember to take 2 passport size pictures. The cost is $2500. After he is done there, he will be instructed to go to Duke Street , the building is across NCB Duke Street. I can't remember the address but as said before they will inform him of it . Good luck.

SHAr

Filed: Timeline

Ok I have a question...

Anyone whos fiance (now hubby) was in the Kingston area were did he go for the police certificate?

Hi

The police record can be obtained ex The Multual Life Building located at 2 Oxford Road Kgn5. Please remember to take 2 passport size pictures. The cost is $2500. After he is done there, he will be instructed to go to Duke Street , the building is across NCB Duke Street. I can't remember the address but as said before they will inform him of it . Good luck.

SHAr

Thanks Shar,

He went yesterday to get his No impediment but didnt have his birth cert with him so he will have to go back today, also yesterday he paid for his police cert but didnt bring the 2 photos so he will go back there today also..he has a busy day ahead of him today...I just hope he can get everything done in the next couple days and then he can finally rest, after all the traveling he has been doing!

So I hope everyone has a great day today....Last night I went to the Cique de Sole (sp) show Delerium, and it was very good, we had "nose bleed" seats but when we started walking up to our seats one of the workers told us to come back down and she gave us 3 tickets to lower seats, boy was that great..they must not have sold all the lower $125.00 tickets so they were letting people move down into the unsold seats...I just love those shows :yes:

So unitil later, Joanna

10/25/2005 - I-129F packet mailed to TSC

11/03/2005 - NOA 1 from CSC

11/07/2005 - Check cashed

02/03/2006 - NOA2 by e-mail

05/03/2006 - Leave for Jamaica

05/09/2006 - Interview "VISA APPROVED"

05/15/2006 - Return from Jamaica

05/22/2006 - Called off the wedding and Adrian left

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good morning everyone!!! Hope you are all having a great day!!

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hmm... I don't even know what part of MoBay Michael lived in. I think it was called Pieceview - I really don't know. He worked at the Doll's House on the Hip Strip for about a year before he came up. I met him when he worked at Errol's in Negril.

Quick question from one of the polls on the yahoo site....

For the ladies who's men are MoBay...what part of MoBay? and where did you meet them. I just wonder if its possible if our guys know each other. I know my guys works at pretty touristy spot in MoBay...just curious if they may know each other. Considering most of us met our guys while on vacation.

And I wonder them same thing about the other areas as well. Ever wonder if they know each other?

Kirk works on the Hip Strip too. At Doctor's Cave Beach. He lives in Hanover (why up UP in the Hills!)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
So I hope everyone has a great day today....Last night I went to the Cique de Sole (sp) show Delerium, and it was very good, we had "nose bleed" seats but when we started walking up to our seats one of the workers told us to come back down and she gave us 3 tickets to lower seats, boy was that great..they must not have sold all the lower $125.00 tickets so they were letting people move down into the unsold seats...I just love those shows :yes:

So unitil later, Joanna

Joanna, I want to check out the Cirque du Soleil so badly. Where is it in Orlando? Is it there permanently or touring?

Lee

July 4, 2006: Married

October 7, 2006: AOS Packet mailed to Chicago Lockbox via FedEx (I-485, I-130, I-765)

October 10, 2006: Package reived in Chicago

October 23, 2006: Checks cashed

November 1, 2006: I-130 and I-765 touched

November 2, 2006: I-485 touched--email notification about RFE letter on the way.

December 2006: Biometrics

January 2007: EAD Card

July 10, 2007 @ 9 a.m.--AOS Interview in West Palm Beach, FL...APPROVED!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Michael's friend, Ruddie, works there. :thumbs: I think he is a bartender.

Kirk works on the Hip Strip too. At Doctor's Cave Beach. He lives in Hanover (why up UP in the Hills!)

Click My Timeline For Our K-1 Info

10.21.05 - Applied For SS Card (He's Not In The System Yet)

10.27.05 - Got Marriage License

11.02.05 - Received SS Card In The Mail

11.10.05 - Passed Permit Test!

NOVEMBER 18th - We're Married!

12.17.05 - Mailed AOS/EAD Papers

12.27.05 - Checks Cashed

12.29.05 - Received both NOA's in the mail (receipt dates 12.20.05)

02.17.06 - Received Biometrics Letter

02.27.06 - Got Driver's License!

03.11.06 - Biometrics Appointment

03.16.06 - EAD Approved

03.21.06 - EAD Came In The Mail

04.10.06 - Received AOS Interview Letter

06.08.06 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

06.19.06 - Green Card Received

WE'RE DONE!

08.22.06 - Elias Is Finally Here!!! Born at 1:13am, 8lbs. 15oz. and 20.5 Inches Long

November 18th, 2006 - Our Real Wedding In Negril

Filed: Country: Guyana
Timeline

Good morning everyone and congrats to everyone on ALL the great news! Wonderful stuff going on on the board.

Poor Lake, last nite was his second day on the job, and its Sooooo physical its killing him, and he is not getting time to study. I really wanted to have him on a 2nd or 3rd shift job(so he could continue classes), but I DID suggest part time so he he could study more. But nooooo, he wanted full time...he is so tired and achy tho. Po baby. Its just so physical, its all he can do to shower and fall in bed when done. Here's hoping he gets a lil more used to it. After doing nothing for 9 months, it has to be a shock to the system.

Other than being my honey being wiped out, things are going pretty good here. I think he is the oldest guy on the line, most of the folks I see come out of there were early 20's. Standing all day and lifting repeatedly. I TOLD him he should have a back brace but he says no one wears one. I told him to still check on it, I did NOT want his back going out, and he is not as young as the others there and NEEDS it. At least I got him to ask where the heck the breakroom was! Still waiting to hear on the school jobs we keep applying for, they told us "Just sit back and relax and put in your interest form for the ones you want", so the last two weeks we have been throwing it in every one available. I guess he will get it eventually, but he just didnt want to "sit back and relax". lol Pray for us, that he gets one of the custodial jobs soon, it would be hard work, but not body blowing by any means.

Have a great day all, its a gorgeous spring day here. :)

Timeline

May 15th Lake arrived NYC on tourist visa

6-15-05 Flew NCY to "fetch" Lake for visit here

8-17-05 He Proposed!

8-24-05 MARRIED!

9- 1-05 - SENT AOS, EAD, AP, & ETC

9-12-05 NOA1 - FOR I-130, I-145, & AP, EAD

10-5-05 RFE for Birth C. & medical

10-24-05 GOT LEARNERS PERMIT

11-3-05 DRIVERS LICENSE :)

11-16-05 overnited RFE

11-17-05 Rcvd NOA2 for EAD, bio set for 12-5-05

11-25-05 Recvd AOS bio letter, apptmt for 12-14-05

12-5-05 Biometrics (they did BOTH!)

Infopass, got temp EAD, AP no luck

12-6-05 Applied for SSN, not in system

12-10-05 AP finally arrives!

12-11-05 1 year EAD card!

12-23-05 Interview letter arrives! 3-3-06

1-17-06 SSN arrives!!

3-3-06 Interview-APPROVED! Passport stamped :)

3-14-06 Green card arrives!

Michael's friend, Ruddie, works there. :thumbs: I think he is a bartender.

Here we go......before you know it we are going to have this HUGE "map" with lines connecting all the guys to each other. Personally, I can't wait for us to find out someone is related. :lol::jest:

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.