aussiewench

Yardies, at home and a farrin'

5,682 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

worked pretty much 8 1/4 hours straight. They didnt show him the employee breakroom or anything, they just said if he needs to eat, dont do it right there, go out. Not sure the exact wording, but poor baby took it to mean he had to go OUTSIDE to eat, and it was raining yesterday! So he just stood in the corner, wolfed down the food, and went back to work.

:( Make sure he gets a back brace, did they go over proper body mech? I'm sorry to hear that. Our men have gone trough enough to get here, They should be feeling like they are not entitled to certain rights. ie..breaks. They have great work ethics, and should not feel like they have to accept whatevers been told to them to do. I told David that slavery days are over. We are not accepting just any job. They should not have allowed him to work so long without a break :(

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Timeline

Good morning everyone (L)

Hey Joanna - they kept Michael's original birth certificate at the interview, thankfully he had two copies. I'm glad he's safe and sound in JA :yes: Is he going for all his certificates today?

/quote]

Yes he is going to try and get some things done today and the other things done tomorrow, poor thing it is his b-day and I keep calling him and telling him more things that he needs to get done... :blush:

10/25/2005 - I-129F packet mailed to TSC

11/03/2005 - NOA 1 from CSC

11/07/2005 - Check cashed

02/03/2006 - NOA2 by e-mail

05/03/2006 - Leave for Jamaica

05/09/2006 - Interview "VISA APPROVED"

05/15/2006 - Return from Jamaica

05/22/2006 - Called off the wedding and Adrian left

Filed: Other Timeline

Ok guys I have a question…well questions. I am not quite sure how to word it so bear with me.

How do you know when it’s the right time to have a baby? What things did you/do you want to have in place before you decide to have a baby? Do you/did you want a certain amount of money saved up, assets, certain job wage? What are those things? Do those things need to be in place before you decide to have a baby or do you decide to have a baby and then trust that those things will fall into place? I am asking for personal opinions and experience…no right or wrong…just what is right for you.

Also for those that have had children…how much do they really cost? Is it doable on a “regular” income?

Just curious :innocent::whistle::whistle:

Well, Jaime I have had children on very little on up to what others would call a very descent Income. I would have to say that no time is a good time. And I would not change any of my experiences for the world. This next baby will be the only one that will be "planned" so we'll see how it goes. I always pray and hope for the best. Things will work you fine for you all as well...When the time comes that is.

I would say save up at least two- three months income unless you have PTO and ESL, so that you can stay some with the baby for a bit. The most expensive thing is the day care, then the formula. You can save money with breast feeding which is best, must in some cases you will have to supplement with formula. Lastly... the disposable diapers. When we get ready to have our next baby at the shower I'm going to ask for formula and different size diapers only. :thumbs:

I have always has insurance, even medicade at one point, the care is no different. but my out of pocket cost has always been next to nothing.

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

What really made us decide was Michael's age - he's almost 37 - we want to raise our kids and still have lots of retirement time after ;) so we thought we should get started right away. In a perfect world I would have saved a few months salary... got the house we want to stay in forever... found a new job for myself and waited for Michael to be in a job he was happy with. But, that wasn't in the cards for us.

Mostly, I think you should feel stable. Whatever that means to you - wether it be financially, emotionally, whatever.

Ok guys I have a question…well questions. I am not quite sure how to word it so bear with me.

How do you know when it’s the right time to have a baby? What things did you/do you want to have in place before you decide to have a baby? Do you/did you want a certain amount of money saved up, assets, certain job wage? What are those things? Do those things need to be in place before you decide to have a baby or do you decide to have a baby and then trust that those things will fall into place? I am asking for personal opinions and experience…no right or wrong…just what is right for you.

Also for those that have had children…how much do they really cost? Is it doable on a “regular” income?

Mindy,

Your photo album on Yahoo is still EMPTY :angry: We're waiting.................... :P

Yea we are waiting ;)

For anyone who did not get a chance to see I added ours to the site..

I love the pics :luv:

Poor thing, well... at least he can be in Jamaica for his birthday, and he's working his way closer to you :yes: Tell him Happy Birthday!

Yes he is going to try and get some things done today and the other things done tomorrow, poor thing it is his b-day and I keep calling him and telling him more things that he needs to get done... :blush:

Click My Timeline For Our K-1 Info

10.21.05 - Applied For SS Card (He's Not In The System Yet)

10.27.05 - Got Marriage License

11.02.05 - Received SS Card In The Mail

11.10.05 - Passed Permit Test!

NOVEMBER 18th - We're Married!

12.17.05 - Mailed AOS/EAD Papers

12.27.05 - Checks Cashed

12.29.05 - Received both NOA's in the mail (receipt dates 12.20.05)

02.17.06 - Received Biometrics Letter

02.27.06 - Got Driver's License!

03.11.06 - Biometrics Appointment

03.16.06 - EAD Approved

03.21.06 - EAD Came In The Mail

04.10.06 - Received AOS Interview Letter

06.08.06 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

06.19.06 - Green Card Received

WE'RE DONE!

08.22.06 - Elias Is Finally Here!!! Born at 1:13am, 8lbs. 15oz. and 20.5 Inches Long

November 18th, 2006 - Our Real Wedding In Negril

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good morning everyone

Happy birthday Andre!

Waiting for answers to Jamie's question too...

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Hello Ladies,

I know it has been Quite some time since i ahve been around, but life has been real busy since Karl arrived. We are getting married this Saturday, and we have 90 people attending, so iI have had som extensive planning to do, and preparation in such a short period of time. But it will all pay off come this weekend!

It has definetly been an experience, living with someone versus the long distance relationship, alot of adapting to our living ways. I wouldn't trade it for the world. We just this weekend went to a show at a local club that had T O K, it was a great show!!! Well I just wanted to stop in and say Hello to all, and hope all is well!!!

Suzy

Hi Suzy,

It's great to hear from. Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. I'm glad that things are going well for you and Karl. Take lots of pics, you know we love those :luv:

:dance: Good afternoon everyone

I read Elizabeth's post, but was waiting on her to announce any news/updates...

Another poll added in Yahoo, but I'd like to discuss it here as well

GED - IS YOUR SPOUSE PLANNING TO TAKE THE TEST OR HAS ALREADY TAKEN AND PASSED/FAILED IT?

We're on the waiting list for GED prep courses now (free). I talked to a university here and they told us that once hubby gets green card he qualifies for financial aid (grants, scholarships, etc.) :dance: .

They asked for his JA transcripts to analyze them and see if he can enroll or if he needs GED...we decided to just take GED anyway (it will help on his resume until he gets Bachelors degree). And knowing how slow things can be back a yaad (I seriously doubt they will fax transcripts in time for May 1st enrollment), he can go to school and study for GED until he's ready to take the test. Praying for a fast green card approval!

Squito is also taking the GED test. He's prepping for it now. We've decided to wait until he gets his GC to apply to school because at least that way he'll be eligible for aid.

Well.....I wish I could go in and spy on him......:whistle:

He said a lot of people in the class can't speak English. But, he is learning. I think it's gonna actually do him alot of good. It really is all in the translation and the stuff that they are working on forces him to use proper English -- which, I don't because I don't do it either.....and I can understand what he is talking about. The stranger on the street (and all my friends) have no clue what he is saying :lol:

We work on math at home. I'm gonna be in trouble soon because we are moving into fractions :crying:

it's crazy, you don't realize how much you don't know (or forgot) until you try to do it. I have a degree in Finance and couldn't for the life of me remember how to convert improper fractions when Squit showed in to me in his GED book. I really feel for him having to go through all this elementary level stuff again :blush:

My best advice to all you newbies is to get your man in classes ASAP when he gets here. For one, it will give him something constructive to do so he's not bored out of his mind and also, this is the best time for him to do it, before he starts working and gets too busy.

That's great advice. Squito's tried the job thing, but the first question everyone poses is "do you have work papers"? It's been so frustrating for him. For now, he's just going to focus on getting his GED. Hopefully, by the time the work papers finally materialize he'll have his GED and be ready to get a good gig.

Mindy,

Your photo album on Yahoo is still EMPTY :angry: We're waiting.................... :P

:lol::lol::lol: yeah mindy, wassup

Good morning everyone

Happy birthday Andre!

Waiting for answers to Jamie's question too...

Close, Jonesie but it is Adrians b-day :lol: the names are almost similar...I know i have trouble keeping up with everyones names also :whistle:

10/25/2005 - I-129F packet mailed to TSC

11/03/2005 - NOA 1 from CSC

11/07/2005 - Check cashed

02/03/2006 - NOA2 by e-mail

05/03/2006 - Leave for Jamaica

05/09/2006 - Interview "VISA APPROVED"

05/15/2006 - Return from Jamaica

05/22/2006 - Called off the wedding and Adrian left

Good morning everyone,

Well I am pleased to say that Adrian made it back to Jamaica safely with only a few glitchs...he was over weight on his luggage and had to pay $25.00US and then when he got to JA they made him pay almost $200.00US for the two cell phones that he had, he tried to explain that one was a US phone and one was for Jamaica but they still made him pay..(How stupid is that???)

Buy anyway, today is his birthday although he cannot enjoy it too much he has a lot of running around to do...

I know he has to have his long form birth certificate for the interview but Will they take and keep his birth certificate at the interview?? or can we make a copy for them to keep??

Joanna

Happy Birthday Adrian. Glad he made it home safely with minor troubles. They will keep the BC, at least they kept Squito's. Luckily, he requested two copies so he still has one with him now...

I do not have children yet. Squito and I would like to wait until he has a job that can support the family w/o my working just because I'd like to stay at home with the baby for about a year. Though that's our ideal situation, we're still open to having children prior to meeting that goal. Whatever is meant to be will be. Having children is doable on just about any income. My parents are far from rich and there were four of us and we never went w/o anything. If I got pregnant tomorrow, I know we'd manage by the Grace of God. I don't think you'll ever fully prepared. IMO

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hola peoples!

Happy Wednesday!

Henry came back from JA yesterday - he has a tan. :lol: His tans wear off very quickly though. He seemed happy to be back but sad that his 10 days in JA are over! You know how it is. He said it was great being in JA again. And, get this, he honored my request for coconut water and customs let him keep it - woohoo!! Two 64 oz bottles!!!

Anyway, tomorrow and Friday he has orientation and work starts Monday!!! Please keep him in your prayers and send all your best wishes his way. His first US job!! Wohoo!!!

He too is in GED class, which he now has to leave. He is real torn up about that - he LOVED that class.

I think he will just have to bite and take the test or find a night class. UGH!

As for other updates...those "pee sticks" are all negative even though I am one week late. So I will wait a week and then go see the "groinocologist" (remember Archie Bunker used to say that... :whistle: )

Happy Birthday, Adrian!!!

I will go give my poll answers now. :-)

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

Mindy, Your photo album on Yahoo is still EMPTY :angry: We're waiting.................... :P

:lol::lol::lol: yeah mindy, wassup

Okay.....I have the pictures -- just cannot seem to get the electronic files from my friend. Maybe I shouldn't call her my friend :lol::whistle: I keep asking, she keeps telling me she will e:mail them....blah, blah, blah. Believe me, I am NOT doing this on purpose. :P

Happy Birthday Adrian!!! :energetic:

Joanna -- If he can, get two originals of his birth papers. They took an original of Roy's at the interview and we did need the additional original that he had....and I have made plenty of color copies of it also. If he can't get it now he can always order it and have it sent to your address in Florida.

Babies, Babies, Babies......personally, I like my lifestyle way too much to give anything up to have children right now. My clock is ticking though......Roy wants ONE but understands that I cannot quit my job to take care of "it" -- and we all know how much money he is contributing at this point. We have decided to not talk about this again until he has a GOOD job.

Henry -- WELCOME HOME!!

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Hola peoples!

Happy Wednesday!

Henry came back from JA yesterday - he has a tan. :lol: His tans wear off very quickly though. He seemed happy to be back but sad that his 10 days in JA are over! You know how it is. He said it was great being in JA again. And, get this, he honored my request for coconut water and customs let him keep it - woohoo!! Two 64 oz bottles!!!

Anyway, tomorrow and Friday he has orientation and work starts Monday!!! Please keep him in your prayers and send all your best wishes his way. His first US job!! Wohoo!!!

He too is in GED class, which he now has to leave. He is real torn up about that - he LOVED that class.

I think he will just have to bite and take the test or find a night class. UGH!

As for other updates...those "pee sticks" are all negative even though I am one week late. So I will wait a week and then go see the "groinocologist" (remember Archie Bunker used to say that... :whistle: )

Happy Birthday, Adrian!!!

I will go give my poll answers now. :-)

Glad to hear that Henry is home safe and sound. Where is he taking the GED classes? In NYC or CT? I will keep both you and Henry is our prayers. We hope to hear some good baby news soon :)

Rhonda,

Where did you and Henry stay when you went to DR? Squito and I are trying to plan a honeymoon. I'm a bit hesitant about going ahead and booking w/o having his AP document in hand, but I cannot think of a good reason that it would be denied. But with all of the trouble we've been having as of late, I dont want to buy a trip until I know that he can travel outside of the US. We found a great package deal to DR for only 600 pp all inclusive for 5 nights, that's not bad...

Timeline

P.S.

For any K-3s in the thread....can't remember if there are. Henry travelled on his K-3 with zero drama. He landed at JFK and was asked only two questions - was I his wife (my name is on the visa) an what was his "A number". So all in all - quite easy POE.

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

P.S.

For any K-3s in the thread....can't remember if there are. Henry travelled on his K-3 with zero drama. He landed at JFK and was asked only two questions - was I his wife (my name is on the visa) an what was his "A number". So all in all - quite easy POE.

are they supposed to know their a number by heart? :hehe:

Rhonda -- Where did you and Henry stay when you went to DR?

I went about 5 years ago and stayed at the Iberostar Bavaro. It was the BEST!! I have stayed at many other "all-inclusives" and the Iberostar properties far surpass every other place I've stayed at. I would highly recommend them.

Also, check www.debbiesdominicantravel.com -- there are TONS of review on this site. Damn, do I sound like Kelly? :lol:

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Timeline

P.S.

are they supposed to know their a number by heart? :hehe:

:wacko: indeed! I guess so. He did not (and I never knew mine back in the day). Anyway, he gove the PO his EAD and while he was looking at that - he looked in the passport and they had written it in his passport when he arrived the first time, so he handed the PO the passport opened to that page and the PO transcribed it onto the I-94.

Rats! Wont let me edit my old post.

Ms. Squitto,

Oh - his GED class was in the city - catholic charities provides the room and the teachers.

Re the DR vacations, my travel agent recently sent me this. Price aside, it would be nice. sigh.

The luxurious villa, Castellamonte, is taking a 7 night minimum for the New Years Eve dates of Dec. 30 to Jan 7. Most villas have a 14 night minimum over the holidays so this is an opportunity to jump on! Castellamonte is located on the Northern Coast of the Dominican Republic, 7 minutes from the famed Playa Grande Golf Course. The 7 bedroom, 7 bath villa sleeps 20 and rents for $30,000/week over the holidays.

For more information and pictures:

http://www.villacollections.com/caribbean/...stellamonte.asp

Please let me know if you are interested!

Edited by Elizabethnhenry

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.