RR136

I'm so mad at NVC,please help!!

45 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

Wrong wrong wrong....You do know they have a customer service call center right...they handle the calls, not the people who approve/deny petitions.

I already said my mistake. I don't know how to unpost my post or it would be gone. Thanks for the information cheers

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

As far as I know the standard process is 9-12 months....am I wrong?

USCIS 6 months and NVC 6 months..standard?

So be thankfull it takes a lot less than that.

Eventually NVC will get through with your case just have a little patience.

You should've be aware of the process beforehand and in my opinion move to india for a wile and live with your wife while the paperwork gets done if you feel the need to be with your spouse so bad.

That's what one of my friends did. lol

Have some respect and adapt to the system a little bit.....we all did it.....all you do is ###### and annoy

Thanks for the advice but I'm sorry not willing to adapt to this system full of flaws.Some people might find 12 months standard but its below substandard to me,I can't even imagine the pain people go through if they have a child involved in this ridiculous process. I think there should be regular fees for standard processing and $2000 fees for people wishing expedite processing,detrimental to USCIS approval of course. So people like you and me can be happy,after all its a capitalist country!

Timeline

I did receive my case number today finally and received an email from NVC about the backlog of cases due to USCIS and training new staff. They assure that cases are reviewed based on priority basis after they are logged into the system. I'm glad its finally heading somewhere in NVC

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

Thanks for the advice but I'm sorry not willing to adapt to this system full of flaws.Some people might find 12 months standard but its below substandard to me,I can't even imagine the pain people go through if they have a child involved in this ridiculous process. I think there should be regular fees for standard processing and $2000 fees for people wishing expedite processing,detrimental to USCIS approval of course. So people like you and me can be happy,after all its a capitalist country!

My process since it started with the NOA1 to Embassy interview took 6.2 months. (Look up my timeline)Do you know what a timeline is? Do you know how to look it up?

- 2.7 months at USCIS

- 1 month for NVC to recieve

- 1 month (3 days over one month) for NVC to process my case (I ADAPTED TO THE SYSTEM AND HAD ALL PAPERWORK READY AND DID OVERNIGHT SHIPPING SO NVC WILL PROCESS FASTER AND THEY DID)

- 1 month and 9 days the interview was scheduled for the Embassy from the date the NVC completed the case.

So from my timeline you can see that NVC took only a month to process my paperwork not sure what your deal is? USCIS took 2.7 months.

Please explain to me how are you going to solve this system full with flaws? Go ahead tell me? All I see now is just you complaining on the forum about it and probably talking a lot gibrish to the NVC staff. I want a real solution from you...... How are you going to get the Government to change they're ways of processing?

Edited by teddy12

Timeline

Instead of using this forum to complain try to use it for your own benefit to help you finish faster.

What I did:

- Called a lawyer and gave me $4500 quote to do my case.

- I came to this forum and read and learned about the process.

- I read the ways that people used to get they're process done faster and get the paperwork done right.

- I kept in touch with a member that was a step ahead of me and asked her questions if I had any.

ALl in all I am very happy with the way the process went, and what gave peace of mind was the fact that I was informed beforehand, and knew what I had to do and how long will it take.

Now that you got your CASE number assuming that you have your paperwork ready and do overnight shipping it shouldn't take more than a month or maybe a little over a month for yours to be done also. But if you're not happy with that either read bellow.

Fact: GOVERNMENT doesn't care about you or me. You have a porblem sue THEM. Otherwise nothing can really change they're ways.

Edited by teddy12

My process since it started with the NOA1 to Embassy interview took 6.2 months. (Look up my timeline)Do you know what a timeline is? Do you know how to look it up?

- 2.7 months at USCIS

- 1 month (3 days over one month) for NVC to process my case (I ADAPTED TO THE SYSTEM AND HAD ALL PAPERWORK READY AND DID OVERNIGHT SHIPPING SO NVC WILL PROCESS FASTER AND THEY DID)

- 1 month and 9 days the interview was scheduled for the Embassy from the date the NVC completed the case.

So from my timeline you can see that NVC took only a month to process my paperwork not sure what your deal is? USCIS took 2.7 months.

Please explain to me how are you going to solve this system full with flaws? Go ahead tell me? All I see now is just you complaining on the forum about it and probably talking a lot gibrish to the NVC staff. I want a real solution from you...... How are you going to get the Government to change they're ways of processing?

Please remember this is YOUR experience of the system,I too have been lucky enough for the process to run smoothly but am under no illusion that for some people on here it takes much longer and it must be infuriating at times for them. Stop having tunnel vision, I don't think you're helping other posters by saying it was so easy for ME so it must be something you're doing.

Its an emotional and stressful process as it is have a little tact.

event.png"]My link[/url]

[/url]"]My link[/url]ur[l=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

event.png

[/url]

Timeline

Please remember this is YOUR experience of the system,I too have been lucky enough for the process to run smoothly but am under no illusion that for some people on here it takes much longer and it must be infuriating at times for them. Stop having tunnel vision, I don't think you're helping other posters by saying it was so easy for ME so it must be something you're doing.

Its an emotional and stressful process as it is have a little tact.

I am not having tunnel vision, I am just trying to give him some hope. I am not going to feed into his negativity.

Edited by teddy12

I am not having tunnel vision, I am just trying to give him some hope. I am not going to feed into his negativity.

Giving someone hope is always a good thing,I just think the way you went about it was wrong. And like I said its easy for you and I we have sailed through the process. Maybe you'd not be so positive had your experience been different.

event.png"]My link[/url]

[/url]"]My link[/url]ur[l=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

event.png

[/url]

Timeline

Giving someone hope is always a good thing,I just think the way you went about it was wrong. And like I said its easy for you and I we have sailed through the process. Maybe you'd not be so positive had your experience been different.

He went wrong about it also........talking about how NVC sucks, government sucks etc...and if my process would've been longer I would've live with it, I would've had to.....I go by logic a lot more than emotions......took me 5 years lving in US to get my green card and 10 years to get my US citizenship...saw my mom and dad and my sister after 5 years of waitting

Edited by teddy12

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
4. Is NVC subcontracted by private firm?

4. SERCO, Inc.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

I did receive my case number today finally and received an email from NVC about the backlog of cases due to USCIS and training new staff. They assure that cases are reviewed based on priority basis after they are logged into the system. I'm glad its finally heading somewhere in NVC

Cool ! Want some speed at NVC?

Study LingChe in the wiki, when logged in on a PC.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Cool. Note that LingChe is our own 'morph' based on NVC's inactions. Go Get Em!

Timeline

- 2.7 months at USCIS

I am not trying to feed anyone into my negativity, I expressed my opinion with logic relating to MY case.I'm glad things worked out for you and you're happy with all their services but please don't expect everyone to have similar opinions like you do about the system.

"How are you going to get the Government to change they're ways of processing?"

It might be easier said than done, but here it goes if I was NVC director:

1. Hire more people to keep up with work load (Budget probs: get more funding,or increase the fees,the way I look at it,ppl will still pay even if its 1k per application)

2. Keep up with USCIS (they should target to complement each other,i.e if USCIS takes 3 months,NVC should <= 3 months)

3. Case needs to be input into the system within 2 weeks and case numbers handed out@ same time

4. Priority cases :USC w/kids,USC w/spouse,USC w/family should be implemented not after entering the system but from the time its received at NVC just like USCIS does

5. Collect all fees up front,saves time spent in posts

At this point,I say Hakuna Matata and move on each day. I wish everyone a happy visa journey and hope you unite with your loved ones as soon as possible. I am sure things will not change if we just accept the way things are,but I would like to think I tried to change which teddy12 seem to have a problem with.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I believe the system is throttled on purpose. Obviously they could shrink timelines a great deal if it was important to them but there are other things more important in an immigration program than speed. You also seem to misunderstand the different and competing missions of USCIS vs. the NVC. Like I said last week, complaining only works when you have the option of choosing another provider. Its like complaining to the IRS about the speed of your refund. They'll tell you to pound sand in government speak.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.